12-04-14 02:01 AM
39 12
tools
    Here's question:

Is the flash completely removed from system (therefore no flash support in browser) or it is removed from Browser only?

if browser only - anyone has something like 10.3.0.400 or something Browser with working flash?
    While FLASH has been removed it is still foremost in the minds of the BlackBerry team. Sites "should be " all OK.

Please post a link to a site which does not work in 10.3.1 or which is Flash dependent. BBC.co.uk is a site, so is Vevo.
    Are there specific others that should be brought to the attention of BlackBerry?

Those on the leaked 10.3.1.x : Please poke around and report back.. Thanks!
    11-29-14 01:33 PM
    My entire website for the last 5 years has used www.livestream.com to broadcast thousands of videos, over 4 Million viewer minutes. Live stand up comedy, podcasts, music, every blog I post on www.vaporcentral.com uses video embeds from www.livestream.com/vaporcentral

BlackBerry worked great for the last 5 years, all the way up to 10.3.0.1418... now that I'm on 10.3.1.1151 I can't utilize my own web site or daily live shows from Vapor Central.

When I'm out at a live mobile event, I always used www.livestream.com/webcaster all of which use flash. I use my LTE BlackBerry Playbook for most of the event, and when Live video for 2-4 hours kills the battery, I move over to my Q10 or Z10...

I have looked into how Livestream uses flash, but I can't figure it out. Livestream claims to deliver the stream dynamically based on the platform being used to view, either Flash, HTTP, or RTSP...

I may have to go back to 10.3.0.1418... Idk what to do...

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 04:03 PM
    Adobe stopped support and development in 2011, that's why this topic is getting stupid. Why must BlackBerry support and integrate it if the manufacturing vendor doesn't.

cbcoza | Z3/Z10/Z30 - OS: 10.3.1.1154
    They did? How come I get updates on my mackbook air for adobe flash practically every week?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 04:32 PM
    They did? How come I get updates on my mackbook air for adobe flash practically every week?
    He meant Adobe Flash for mobile devices.
    11-29-14 05:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    And they give security updates every week that patch vulnerabilities!

Posted via CB10 and my awesome Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3442
    11-29-14 07:22 PM
    My entire website for the last 5 years has used www.livestream.com to broadcast thousands of videos, over 4 Million viewer minutes. Live stand up comedy, podcasts, music, every blog I post on www.vaporcentral.com uses video embeds from www.livestream.com/vaporcentral

BlackBerry worked great for the last 5 years, all the way up to 10.3.0.1418... now that I'm on 10.3.1.1151 I can't utilize my own web site or daily live shows from Vapor Central.

When I'm out at a live mobile event, I always used www.livestream.com/webcaster all of which use flash. I use my LTE BlackBerry Playbook for most of the event, and when Live video for 2-4 hours kills the battery, I move over to my Q10 or Z10...

I have looked into how Livestream uses flash, but I can't figure it out. Livestream claims to deliver the stream dynamically based on the platform being used to view, either Flash, HTTP, or RTSP...

I may have to go back to 10.3.0.1418... Idk what to do...

Posted via CB10
    Update your website, Flash has had its day and is being consigned to the toilet in the clouds where it belongs.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 07:38 PM
    Primewire.ag and my Z10 and PlayBook has being my entertainment since I bought my Z10 on February 2012 it's a every day use in my family. It needs Flash to stream movies, doesn't work on 10.3.1 and is a pain in the neck with non native browser that uses flash.

Posted from my flagship Z30 10.3.1.1016
    11-29-14 08:45 PM
    Who cares about iPhone users... we all use BlackBerry's and having flash was something nice that other platforms did not support

Posted via CB10
    Think you missed his point, we can live without it must be a work around (app)

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 09:11 PM
    I'm thinking that Flash is a security nightmare and requires major upkeep. It has been mainly supplanted by HTML5, so it is a thing of the past.
    Wrong. Flash was on BB10 from the beginning without issue. Reason being that has/ had a license to develop flash.

PS for the millionth time - - the license is not a tremendous cost saving. But it is similar to the reasoning to put a plastic screen on the 9850, in stead of glass - BB tries to cut corners at every chance they get. It is a poor business model, that inevitably leads a race to the bottom. Eventually, there is nothing left to cut. At some point you need ideas and differentiation to increase market share and grow your business through market share not cost cutting or price raising. PPS - When you have an approximate 1% worldwide market share - there is allot of room to increase market share; when you've cut your staffing to the bone (and then some), sold off your assets and real estate, and launched products with a higher than industry standard mark-up, there is little left to do. Not to mention, HTML5 may very well be the future, but the present is Flash. All municipalities use flash. So does the NFL, MLB, NHL and NBA. Some have android apps, some don't. Many of their android apps do not work well on BB10 - or in the case of NFL Mobile no streaming at all on the Z30. Not to mention Vidbull, Vodlocker and similar streaming services. Blah, Blah, blah, blah blah... I know you don't need it, so who cares. ...
    dejanh likes this.
    11-29-14 09:18 PM
    Everyone,

"Flash is Gone, like yesterday is gone, Like history is. Gone, just trying to prove me wrong. And pretend like Flash is immortal."

Sorry everyone. Mobile devices and Flash are over. Adobe no longer supports mobile devices and you can thank Apple for that.

There are some 3rd party browsers that still support flash. But be aware that they are likely outdated in patching security holes.
    n8tiveg likes this.
    11-30-14 01:42 AM
    I thought to have streaming on mobile with NFL mobile you needed to have Verizon the Comercial that plays when you click live seems to work with out flash

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 02:59 AM
    While FLASH has been removed it is still foremost in the minds of the BlackBerry team. Sites "should be " all OK.

Please post a link to a site which does not work in 10.3.1 or which is Flash dependent. BBC.co.uk is a site, so is Vevo.
    Are there specific others that should be brought to the attention of BlackBerry?

Sport24.lt
    Frombar.co

Basically most of on-line streams are based on flash.

But if there is no flash it means no flash

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 06:15 AM
    well, it sucks when you want to watch some live sports stream and ALL streams based on flash.
    Just run an older leak?
    Another browser may work, so I've heard but not sure.
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    12-04-14 01:02 AM

Stream2watch.com is a very common example and might be a reason for me to stay back on 10.3.0 instead of moving on..
    (basically any other streaming site too aside from YouTube and a couple other big names)

One curious thing.. on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418, I'm able to view 24hoursofhappy.com when in desktop mode both with and without fFash enabled in my browser.. it was built in only Flash :/

How does that work? :\
    Is my browser build broken? Even on sites i know use flash it's displaying it anyways..

Just run an older leak?
    Another browser may work, so I've heard but not sure.
    First off, no offense meant but i did not mean to like your post. The CB10 app seriously needs some adjustments for the locations of buttons..

Second, back on topic, that's not ideal at all!
    Yes another browser will work, but it's not native and simply isn't as good of an experience! Then if we did stay on old leaks/builds, we're stuck stagnant on old software..

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-04-14 02:01 AM
39 12