Upgraded my Z10 STL100-3 using the dev OS autoloader a few weeks ago, and after about a week, the phone turned off and just wouldn't come on.

Popping in the battery makes the LED light up for maybe 5 seconds and then turn off again. Nothing else happens.

Figured maybe the OS had been corrupted somehow and tried to reinstall using the same autoloader but it is always stuck in the "connecting to Bootrom" command line and doesn't go any further.

I have tried all the possible solutions in the "bootrom" threads and nothing has worked.

Could it be that somehow the anti-theft feature kicked in and I can't reinstall the OS unless I get a newer version?

Crazy hypothesis but that's what I could think of since nothing else works.

I'd appreciate if anyone has experienced this sort of issue and the steps they followed to fix it if possible?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-18-16 05:40 PM
    Pull the battery, plug in the phone, run the autoloader, and then stick the battery back in.
    07-18-16 05:49 PM
    Tried that. Didn't work. Rebooted the PC, swapped USB cables, even used Task Manager to remove all other instances of BB/RIM tasks running in the background like others suggested in other threads. Still the same lack of response. Thanks for the reply though...
    07-18-16 07:36 PM
    you've tried with another pc?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 10:10 PM
    Don't remember the LED coming on once and going off with no display on the screen as being a "normal" error signal.

And if when using an Autoloader you aren't able to connect to the phone... sounds more like the phone is dead.

I would try using different cables, different USB port and even a different computer.
    07-20-16 07:05 AM