09-03-14 10:46 PM
1,237 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    This is what I did and it works.
    Ah man lol disregard the message, I guess. My bad I wasn't keeping up with things, just left the message open, and sent it lol. Then I just scrolled up and saw that you had fixed your issue[s].
    06-24-14 02:45 PM
    Plz send a link for BlackBerry Z10

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 02:53 PM
    HAHA. I had no ring on calls with this build, so I went into settings/notifications/changed phone ring tone...now it works !

LOL

Thanks for the idea guys.
    06-24-14 02:55 PM
    One more question, are you guys able to select the new wallpapers? Every time i go into settings and want to select it, it says picture not found.
    Yes it doesnt seem to work.
    used Picture Viewer to change the wallpaper.
    06-24-14 02:57 PM
    Is it available for z10 as well

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 03:00 PM
    Plz send a link for BlackBerry Z10

Posted via CB10
    Come on, guise....

Is it available for z10 as well

Posted via CB10
    Please, both of you. Go to page one [1] of this very thread, and the builds you seek, will be there!
    Carjackd and SteelGreek like this.
    06-24-14 03:07 PM
    So you're saying you have the following working too :

BlackBerry Protect.
    Device monitor.
    Remote file access.
    Evernote integration with Remember.
    Cloud access through File Manager.
    BBM voice
    Bedside mode.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    actually I mean everything that I use (except alarm) work fine on my end, which is a first since 10.3 came out.

but I have no issue with Device monitor, it work fine here.
    06-24-14 03:09 PM
    So anyone who loaded this on Z10-1? Please help us what all needs to be done?

And clock working or not? Some say yes, some say no.
    Any major breakouts? Can be used as daily driver?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, and so far it's worked absolutely fine to be the "daily driver". Of course, the alarm is broken, but that's fine by me, and for some reason I do not see the Panorama option -- which I never had in the first place and thereby can live without it for a few more days (or months or years).

Edit: what needs to be done:

1. Download the OS file (Mega link works just fine). Extract it if you download the archive file.

2. Download the bar files ( link in the OP on first page) . Extract it, if needed.

3. Plug your device (should be on) and run the OS file as administrator (right click > run as administrator). You should see a black screen next, enter your password if prompted else let it proceed. Should take 10-15 minutes.

4. Wait for the OS to load.

5. The black screen would close and your phone would restart after the OS loading is complete. Unplug your device.

6. Go to settings, do a security wipe. Should take anything over half an hour. Plug your phone to a charger when doing the security wipe. Wait for wipe to finish.

7. Download DDPB for playbook.

8. Go to security settings and enable Development mode on your phone. Note the ip address.

9. Plug your phone back into the computer. Start DDPB.

10. Enter the ip address - from the development mode settings - in the DDPB ip address section on the left side. Click scan and select your ip address in the window that pops up. Enter device password and click connect.

11. On the top right side of the DDPB screen, you should see an Add button. Click it and navigate to get folder containing the bar files (you'd need to extract the folder if it is an archive file. Download and install 7-zip if you prefer, right click on the folder and select extract option).

12. Select the bar files (all of them) and click install. This will start loading all the missing apps on to your device. Wait for the loading to finish, and then disconnect your device. Restart your device if you encounter any lags.

13. Enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ankit RS; 06-24-14 at 03:40 PM.
    06-24-14 03:16 PM
    This ship is tight. Real tight. On my Z10, and with the .296 bar files added in via the BB10 Playbook App manager Chrome extension, this hybrid is as of NOW my daily driver. I don't need much though to get a working setup. Phone calls, sms, bbm, maps, file system, wifi, and all my mail accounts work. Don't care about the fact that certain luxuries are missing like Panorama mode for the camera. And i'm not much of an app user apart from Twitter. The OS is looking really refined at this point. The attention to detail in the menus,with the fonts and with the icons is amazing. Going to set this up on the Q10 too.
    This BB10 10.3.0.700 Dev OS is by far the most sophisticated looking smartphone OS i've ever encountered.
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-24-14 03:28 PM
    imho, I'll wait for the new proper leak (non-SDK)

should pop up in 1-3 weeks anyway
    akawarrior likes this.
    06-24-14 03:39 PM
    Guys can someone help me out with this ringtone bug? It's kinda confusing...
    What I did: autoloader, security wipe, setup and tried to call my cell -> phone rings as usual. Then I loaded the 296 bar (music, video, picture & editor, clock, box, dropbox, file manager, weather), restart and called my cell again -> phone doesn't ring.

Is there anything I did wrong?
    06-24-14 03:59 PM
    Have to say, I need this to work as well. Unless there is a fix, I can't load this ..boo
    Fix is one of many Android alarm clocks that you can install with snap
    06-24-14 04:00 PM
    Guys can someone help me out with this ringtone bug? It's kinda confusing...
    What I did: autoloader, security wipe, setup and tried to call my cell -> phone rings as usual. Then I loaded the 296 bar (music, video, picture & editor, clock, box, dropbox, file manager, weather), restart and called my cell again -> phone doesn't ring.

Is there anything I did wrong?
    Have you tried to set a custom ring tone
    06-24-14 04:02 PM
    Have you tried to set a custom ring tone
    Just tried it, doesn't ring
    06-24-14 04:06 PM
    Bbm video and call work but after calling or receiving you have to switch to active frame and then go back into the app

Browser Save link function not working

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 04:08 PM
    Is there a Bar for Bluetooth or is that in the Core? my audio always cuts in and out in my car but fine with all other devices. I'm on .296 with 442 bars.
    I am using an STL100-4 with the same exact OS and BAR file installation as you and have had the same issue with the bluetooth only causing a problem in my car. I have a recently installed JVC head unit that I installed in my car and no matter what app I was using, I had terrible problems with the sound cutting out, sometimes even stopping. I particularly notice it when I'm trying to use another app like Waze or just browsing on the phone. I really like 10.3 and this is only really deal breaker for me. After reading about what does not work in .700, I'm not willing to install it. However, I have decided to try installing these BAR files from .700: browser, runtime, BBM and the radio file (.699). As far as your particular problem, it has not completely fixed it. However, it does seem to work a lot better, but it does still act up, especially when using other apps on the phone while streaming or playing music. It doesn't seem to have this problem with my headset or Jambox though. Also, the android runtime makes a big difference to me. Seems to run android apps much better. I will say that even after rebooting a couple of times, getting my android apps to actually start working, took a few tries and some patience, but now it's working pretty well.
    06-24-14 04:09 PM
    Bbm video and call work but after calling or receiving you have to switch to active frame and then go back into the app

Browser Save link function not working

Posted via CB10
    Is it working for you on a fresh install? Did you restore or wipe?
    I can't even get the BBM call icon to show up

The behaviour you describe was what I experienced on 296.
    06-24-14 04:26 PM
    Whoa guys, I might have found something new, at least I didn't see anyone mention it in this thread - calendar app now has a Meeting Mode, which is somewhat similar to Quite Hours from WP8.1 - if you have an appointment in your calendar it switches the notification settings to a predefined profile (vibrate/quite/phone calls only). I like that!
    10.3.0.700 Developer OS Live-img_20140624_222300.png

Posted via CB10
    rai187 and moody like this.
    06-24-14 04:29 PM
    Not sure of its mentioned or not but the Calendar isn't working right. Say if you make a apt friday to Sunday night it only shows up on the calendar on friday but not sat or Sunday
    See these no "bars" or whatever it's called to say there's an apt sat or Sunday but I do have one
    Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 280233
    06-24-14 04:32 PM
    Most of the issues you guys are reporting in this thread are on the list of "known issues" in the release notes for this Developers Preview OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 04:44 PM
    Most of the issues you guys are reporting in this thread are on the list of "known issues" in the release notes for this Developers Preview OS.

Posted via CB10
    You mean this

http://developer.blackberry.com/devz...easenotes.html

Posted via CB10
    akawarrior and lowest like this.
    06-24-14 04:48 PM
    Fix is one of many Android alarm clocks that you can install with snap
    Or Amazon apps store wich is now our official .apk sources.
    06-24-14 04:50 PM
    Or Amazon apps store wich is now our official .apk sources.
    Yes.. but snap is native and is better

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 04:51 PM
    Headed back to .3175, as I still can't get visual voicemail to connect on Verizon...

Bummer, but starting to look awesome!
    06-24-14 05:00 PM
    Whoa guys, I might have found something new, at least I didn't see anyone mention it in this thread - calendar app now has a Meeting Mode, which is somewhat similar to Quite Hours from WP8.1 - if you have an appointment in your calendar it switches the notification settings to a predefined profile (vibrate/quite/phone calls only). I like that!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140624_222300.png 
Views:	1271 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	280232

Posted via CB10
    That is awesome to see...this was one of the features that M.Clewley previewed when he was showing off 10.3 a little while back. It is a really awesome feature!
    06-24-14 05:06 PM
1,237 ... 2324252627 ...