Ever since loading 10.3.0.442 I haven't been able to view any network media servers or Wi-Fi enabled devices (such as speakers or smart TVs) on my Z30. I can't connect to XBMC using the android app or XRMT (a native BB10 remote application that I've used in the past with success).
    Here's my question (and YES, before someone attempts to point it out-- I know this is not an official release, will and does have bugs, etc.; I don't expect it to perform perfectly, but I'm just inquiring as to whether or not others have had the problem and if there's a fix): is this feature working on 10.3.0.442?
    I side loaded a bunch of .296 bars to make my device useable-- is there one that I missed?
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 10:00 PM
    Ever since loading 10.3.0.442 I haven't been able to view any network media servers or Wi-Fi enabled devices (such as speakers or smart TVs) on my Z30. I can't connect to XBMC using the android app or XRMT (a native BB10 remote application that I've used in the past with success).
    Here's my question (and YES, before someone attempts to point it out-- I know this is not an official release, will and does have bugs, etc.; I don't expect it to perform perfectly, but I'm just inquiring as to whether or not others have had the problem and if there's a fix): is this feature working on 10.3.0.442?
    I side loaded a bunch of .296 bars to make my device useable-- is there one that I missed?
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Loading 296 bars just makes it more functional. You will won't be able to fix certain core OS elements that were not included.
    For example, no matter what you add back, you still can't have alarm functions or panoramic camera
    The runtime for 442 works on 296 with everything I've tested, so I'm fairly certain it's okay. XRMT may not work because certain bluetooth functions are supposedly missing from the dev OS
    You can supposedly get some functions working by doing a wipe after the install, but again, alarms don't work, though I'm not sure about panoramic camera (doesn't work based on what I've heard. Never tried this)
    Still, the wipe is not a permanent fix for anything.
    05-31-14 10:59 PM
    Loading 296 bars just makes it more functional. You will won't be able to fix certain core OS elements that were not included.
    For example, no matter what you add back, you still can't have alarm functions or panoramic camera
    The runtime for 442 works on 296 with everything I've tested, so I'm fairly certain it's okay. XRMT may not work because certain bluetooth functions are supposedly missing from the dev OS
    You can supposedly get some functions working by doing a wipe after the install, but again, alarms don't work, though I'm not sure about panoramic camera (doesn't work based on what I've heard. Never tried this)
    Still, the wipe is not a permanent fix for anything.
    I'm aware that the other bars just makes it more functional... I'm asking whether or not anyone has had similar issues with media servers, etc. on their networks, because I'm trying to figure out if it is a core OS issue.
    I'm not connecting via bluetooth, this is purely Wi-Fi related, so that's not a problem.
    And, yes, I always do a wipe after installing, and I checked the OS forum for issues, etc. I just didn't see anything related to network drives or media players, so I figured I'd ask.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 11:34 PM
    I'm aware that the other bars just makes it more functional... I'm asking whether or not anyone has had similar issues with media servers, etc. on their networks, because I'm trying to figure out if it is a core OS issue.
    I'm not connecting via bluetooth, this is purely Wi-Fi related, so that's not a problem.
    And, yes, I always do a wipe after installing, and I checked the OS forum for issues, etc. I just didn't see anything related to network drives or media players, so I figured I'd ask.

Posted via CB10
    I know it has issues doing remote file access, so I wonder if the same protocol is implemented, hence it doesn't work either?
    05-31-14 11:49 PM
    That was kind of what I was thinking. I really like how quickly the active frames minimize, though, and I'm really not missing the boxes around my icons, so I'm hoping I don't have to drop back down to .3175 just to stream music :/

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 11:53 PM
    That was kind of what I was thinking. I really like how quickly the active frames minimize, though, and I'm really not missing the boxes around my icons, so I'm hoping I don't have to drop back down to .3175 just to stream music :/

Posted via CB10
    Why don't you try 296 core with 442 updated bar files (keep in mind about 7 don't work)
    I have remote file access working with that hybrid
    05-31-14 11:55 PM
    Play On feature never worked for me when I tried to use the default Music app to "Play On" my receiver (Yamaha RX-V475). It found my receiver but always got an unexpected error after I selected my receiver.
    I would like this feature to work properly over wifi network. Has the feature worked for anyone?
    05-31-14 11:59 PM
    My Z30 is running on core .442 while my Q10 is running on core .296. My Q10 works perfect for DLNA purposes while not my Z30. Where else my bluetooth functionality for Z30 works better than on my Q10.
    06-01-14 01:43 AM
    Why don't you try 296 core with 442 updated bar files (keep in mind about 7 don't work)
    I have remote file access working with that hybrid
    Fiending for the triage mode in hub :/

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 02:11 AM