10-28-14 08:35 PM
117 ... 2345
tools
    what exactly version are you using on your Q10? its everything working fine or there is any bug or miss yet?

thank you for the response as Im trying to find a stable version to try on my Q10
    08-28-14 06:35 AM
    I love the new look for text messages!

Attachment 293087
    Attachment 293088

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    Text messages look the same for me on Q10 but having the actual box for their picture in there is annoying because it cuts off a chuck of text that could be there and wraps it underneath. They outta just leave the icon at the top with the name.
    SharonRD likes this.
    08-28-14 06:55 AM
    what exactly version are you using on your Q10? its everything working fine or there is any bug or miss yet?

thank you for the response as Im trying to find a stable version to try on my Q10
    I'm using 10.3.0.1052 on my Q10 via autoloader no restore and so far I haven't found anything not working.
    08-28-14 06:56 AM
    I'm using 10.3.0.1052 on my Q10 via autoloader no restore and so far I haven't found anything not working.
    Have you done any Security Wipe after /before installing leak via autoloder?
    08-28-14 07:11 AM
    Have you done any Security Wipe after /before installing leak via autoloder?
    I forgot to security wipe after I loaded it because it's prudent to do that but it hasn't affected anything and I'm too lazy to do it now as I'd have to reload all my crap again lol
    08-28-14 07:17 AM
    Can anyone address issues and bugs on BlackBerry Z10, if there is any?

Posted Via: The Beast BlackBerry Z10.
    08-28-14 07:30 AM
    Running excellent on my Z10. Had an issue where I couldn't record video. It said the mic was in use. But a restart fixed that. Now that the OS has settled (been running it since it first leaked) its just awesome. My battery live is better than ever. Performance is great. I didn't restore, heard that causes a lot of headaches. I also forgot to do a security wipe, but like I said, no issues.

Posted with my Z10 OS 10.3.0.1052 and loving it
    08-28-14 07:51 AM
    Running excellent on my Z10. Had an issue where I couldn't record video. It said the mic was in use. But a restart fixed that. Now that the OS has settled (been running it since it first leaked) its just awesome. My battery live is better than ever. Performance is great. I didn't restore, heard that causes a lot of headaches. I also forgot to do a security wipe, but like I said, no issues.

Posted with my Z10 OS 10.3.0.1052 and loving it
    Seems like I should also give it a try.

08-28-14 07:56 AM
    thanks for the info, the problem is that I need to restore all the info I have actually in my device, so I dont really know what to do if it could cause a lot of problems..
    08-28-14 08:09 AM
    thanks for the info, the problem is that I need to restore all the info I have actually in my device, so I dont really know what to do if it could cause a lot of problems..
    Restoring Texts,mails, and contacts will not actually make any diff. according to me. But you should not restore any app data as it will cause many problems b'cuz of different runtimes.

08-28-14 08:19 AM
    I love it on my Z10. The only issue I've had is with the keyboard (it won't ever swipe up on ".com" no matter how many times I try) but overall, I'm extremely pleased.
    08-28-14 10:14 AM
    I love it on my Z10. The only issue I've had is with the keyboard (it won't ever swipe up on ".com" no matter how many times I try) but overall, I'm extremely pleased.
    Any other issues regarding keyboard?

08-28-14 10:31 AM
    I was 2 weeks on holidays so a little bit behind!
    I'm sure it is already asked but is it possible to set 4 icons in a row on a Q10?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 10:49 AM
    You get 5 icons per row on 10.3 now.
    jhwo99 likes this.
    08-28-14 12:53 PM
    I'm yet to have any issues using this leak on my Z30, the .com thingy isn't affecting me either

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 01:01 PM
    My camera doesn't have timer
    Any idea about this?
    10.3.0.1052 OS screenshots-img_20140829_073544.png

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 07:41 PM
    My camera still has the timer on it. Not sure what happened on yours.
    08-28-14 07:58 PM
    Thanks. I couldn't get a better picture of it. It's actually a little difference from 700
    It should be a boot screen like the PlayBook, that would be awesome, don't you think?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 08:34 PM

I'm using 10.3.0.1052. So far no issues. I used autoloader, did not security wipe and did not restore any data.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 11:27 PM
    I'm using 10.3.0.1052. So far no issues. I used autoloader, did not security wipe and did not restore any data.

Posted via CB10
    There is ringer volume issue (incoming call volume) is very low in Q10?Is this behaviour is same for you also?
    08-29-14 01:09 AM
    My camera doesn't have timer
    Any idea about this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140829_073544.png 
Views:	808 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	294256

Posted via CB10
    What os version are you running?
    Did you perform a security wipe after installation?
    Did you restore from a back up?

It's best not to restore from a back up with these leaks, use 3rd party apps to back up your data such as Intouch contacts, box, Dropbox, mega, or even an email account.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 02:13 AM
    Haha
    I've found the problem.
    I restore data from my. .700 backup

Ok

Posted via CB10
    step07 likes this.
    08-29-14 04:52 AM
    I'm designer and I love flat/clean/minimalistic approach in design, no matter what area and what purpose. I loved it much before all this hype that came with new flat design in all major mobile OSes.
    Regarding that, I also love what Google did with this new material design they are pushing to Android L. To me this is the first time after all these years that stock Android is gonna look good, and not lifeless. But that's not the subject here...
    Coming to BB 10.3, I really like that they decided to jump into that flat/modern design language trend. Actually, I guess that was the only way to go, if they wanted new BB OS to look up do date and modern. Standards are already set, fortunately or unofrtunately, so they didn't have much choice, I guess.
    Now, looking at all those leaks and screenshots, there is one thing that always pops-up in front of my eyes, and that's the icon design. While, like I said, I love that these are now flat and clean, I somehow feel that there wasn't much inspiration spent into creation. Many of them look very unoriginal and lifeless. Not all of them but many of them. Flat/minimalistic (in contrary to popular opinion) is not equal to dull and lifeless. Like I already mentioned, and I have to repeat again, Google did a great job on icon design, even before this material design concept is presented.
    One more thing I noticed from 10.3 screenshots, is this very heavy, low opacity shadow effect on all of icons. This just doesn't work on flat designs. Light and subtle shadows yes, but heavy almost black-stroke alike effect around icons is a NO-GO. I know what they tried to achieve here. Since the icons are now flat, and since they lost their rectangular surroundings from 10-10.2 versions, their idea was to make them stand out from background a little bit better now, by adding this heavy shadow effect around. But it just doesn't look nice this way. Among other things, heavy shadow effect is making objects appear softer on edges, especially if object itself is in some mid-tone color, close to shadow color (check Calculator, or Contacts icon in uploaded photo). Also, because of this these new system icons will greatly differ from many BB World app icons. So, it's either on many developers to change their icons and add a heavy shadow effect around them, or on BlackBerry designers to remove these shadows and add a subtle, more transparent ones, before 10.3 is officially released. I think it's not a hard thing to do, since there are not many system apps prenstalled, compared to sea of apps in BB World.

Quick comparison with Google KitKat screen, to better understand what I'm talking about:
    10.3.0.1052 OS screenshots-comparison.png
    SharonRD, LeeU1911 and kayyourcool like this.
    08-29-14 05:51 AM
    I like BlackBerry 10.3's icons more than Android L.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 03:02 AM
    I'm designer and I love flat/clean/minimalistic approach in design, no matter what area and what purpose. I loved it much before all this hype that came with new flat design in all major mobile OSes.
    Regarding that, I also love what Google did with this new material design they are pushing to Android L. To me this is the first time after all these years that stock Android is gonna look good, and not lifeless. But that's not the subject here...
    Coming to BB 10.3, I really like that they decided to jump into that flat/modern design language trend. Actually, I guess that was the only way to go, if they wanted new BB OS to look up do date and modern. Standards are already set, fortunately or unofrtunately, so they didn't have much choice, I guess.
    Now, looking at all those leaks and screenshots, there is one thing that always pops-up in front of my eyes, and that's the icon design. While, like I said, I love that these are now flat and clean, I somehow feel that there wasn't much inspiration spent into creation. Many of them look very unoriginal and lifeless. Not all of them but many of them. Flat/minimalistic (in contrary to popular opinion) is not equal to dull and lifeless. Like I already mentioned, and I have to repeat again, Google did a great job on icon design, even before this material design concept is presented.
    One more thing I noticed from 10.3 screenshots, is this very heavy, low opacity shadow effect on all of icons. This just doesn't work on flat designs. Light and subtle shadows yes, but heavy almost black-stroke alike effect around icons is a NO-GO. I know what they tried to achieve here. Since the icons are now flat, and since they lost their rectangular surroundings from 10-10.2 versions, their idea was to make them stand out from background a little bit better now, by adding this heavy shadow effect around. But it just doesn't look nice this way. Among other things, heavy shadow effect is making objects appear softer on edges, especially if object itself is in some mid-tone color, close to shadow color (check Calculator, or Contacts icon in uploaded photo). Also, because of this these new system icons will greatly differ from many BB World app icons. So, it's either on many developers to change their icons and add a heavy shadow effect around them, or on BlackBerry designers to remove these shadows and add a subtle, more transparent ones, before 10.3 is officially released. I think it's not a hard thing to do, since there are not many system apps prenstalled, compared to sea of apps in BB World.

Quick comparison with Google KitKat screen, to better understand what I'm talking about:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comparison.png 
Views:	589 
Size:	713.6 KB 
ID:	294341
    I could hug you for bringing attention to that horrid soft shadow. I don't know what kind of designers they have working there but they certainly aren't doing their jobs at full capacity. A hard shadow at 40% opacity would be night and day compared to this.

Still, my biggest gripe with 10.3 or 10.2 for that matter, is the fact that the icon shapes aren't streamlined. And this extends to Android, which I think looks equally unprofessional. I found a half-baked solution to this(see picture below) but I want them to pay more attention to what they're doing. I mean, why put up guidelines if you're not following them yourselves?

SharonRD and niah_777 like this.
    08-30-14 03:35 AM
117 ... 2345