10-12-14 03:37 PM
1,337 ... 4445464748 ...
tools
    After Blackberry assistant is launched, there is a place to type- which says: "Type here to get started"
    You can type the application name, it will search it for you Hope that helps...
    Attachment 293960
    Thanks but that doesn't really help. It was much better in 10.2.1. It was like my Windows 7 Start menu and I didn't have to type anything to launch the apps I frequently used nor did I have to go through pages of apps nor manually sort them. I just used to tap search and the ones I wanted were always one tap away. This seems like a major backward step in my opinion in terms of productivity.

Posted via CB10
    rider997 and mjdimer like this.
    08-28-14 12:20 PM
    Wow

Early impression really positive with this build

Battery life amazing

10.3.0.1052 Finding, Fixes and Feedback-img_20140828_180553.png

Really snappy OS and really like new HUB features.

Q10 - 10.3.0.1052
    08-28-14 01:08 PM
    I searched this forum thread for any advice on how to restore BBM stickers after doing this upgrade. It would be appreciated if someone would chime in on how to restore purchased stickers. Thanks in advance. Bill
    08-28-14 01:16 PM
    Never mind. I found the 'restore' available in the store's overflow menu... what can I say, except sometimes you feel like a nut...
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-28-14 01:48 PM
    Definitely needs UI cleanup.

• Don't like the placement of the captured pictures frame in the camera app (too close to bottom left - feels cheap)
    • Captions for Virtual Assistant icons look incredibly cheap

Should the captured picture frame waste space below it and to the left so that it feels "rich"

Why does having it left and bottom adjusted (not to mention mirror opposite of the camera overflow menu icon) make It feel cheap?

Same for the captions on the VA, what about the captions make them look cheap?

Posted via CB10
    Miss_Hawkins likes this.
    08-28-14 02:15 PM
    Camera frequently refuses to open. Nice when it works, though

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 02:33 PM
    what happens if Verizon owners load the non verizon version? I only ask cuz this is my first leak where it was specific to a carrier... thanks.
    08-28-14 02:35 PM
    After 36 hrs, and 3 hard resets, the battery is settling down. Not in love with the look of the icons, but they're tolerable. Nice features of the hub! I love the addition of 2 post-close options for emails, texts, etc. If they could add an option to Mark Unread, that would make me really happy. I am still having some trouble with BeBuzz not loading my contacts for LED customization. I have to add one contact at a time, but often when I first add one it will show their name as "unknown." Sometimes deleting "unknown" to start over will freeze the app. Overall, my contacts are intact, unlike some people have stated. Definitely some lag when opening my map apps. Keyboard accuracy is lacking a bit. I make more mistakes now than ever when swiping up. Plus when swiping up for a word it is too easy to hit emoticons, attachments, send, or menu. I am often swiping up and suddenly the side menu pops up.

As for installation method I used my tried and true. Airplane mode, security wipe, autoloader, setup/tutorial w/o BBID, restart, sign in with BBID through settings, then add gmail to start the sync process. So far so good, but the hard resets were the game changer.

Thanks a bunch SirJes and all the Crackberrians to bring us fun "files" to load (not saying the L word).
    08-28-14 02:36 PM
    what happens if Verizon owners load the non verizon version? I only ask cuz this is my first leak where it was specific to a carrier... thanks.
    You'll be fine. I do it all the time.

Posted via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.3.0.1130
    ndon70 likes this.
    08-28-14 02:57 PM
    Hi please help me I have installed latest leaked OS on my Q10 and i have taken back up also using blackberry Link.Can i restore only contacts from it?
    08-28-14 03:04 PM
    Not sure if anyone noticed or use this function... but when closing screen sharing in BBM Video, the app will crashed.
    I'm using Z30, with this lovely OS which I really enjoy other the laggy camera

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 03:44 PM
    I have not seen the Farsi/Persian keyboard listed in the input languages, no.

Posted via CB10
    Have seen it. Of course you can choose that.

Posted via CB10
    Outrunner likes this.
    08-28-14 03:53 PM
    Thanks but that doesn't really help. It was much better in 10.2.1. It was like my Windows 7 Start menu and I didn't have to type anything to launch the apps I frequently used nor did I have to go through pages of apps nor manually sort them. I just used to tap search and the ones I wanted were always one tap away. This seems like a major backward step in my opinion in terms of productivity.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely. Almost every BlackBerry user I've showed this to makes the same comment immediately.

I really hope they fix this.

Posted via CB10
    mjdimer likes this.
    08-28-14 04:01 PM
    After 36 hrs, and 3 hard resets, the battery is settling down. Not in love with the look of the icons, but they're tolerable. Nice features of the hub! I love the addition of 2 post-close options for emails, texts, etc. If they could add an option to Mark Unread, that would make me really happy. I am

Just tap on the read/unread icon to the left of the message and the status will toggle. It's a little touchy in this version but it works.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 04:03 PM
    Hi please help me I have installed latest leaked OS on my Q10 and i have taken back up also using blackberry Link.Can i restore only contacts from it?
    You should use ContactsImEx

You can back up your contacts to your memory card and import once you reset your device.

I've used it and works like a charm! It's free too

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 05:15 PM
    I've got issues:

1. Bluetooth won't work
    I can't connect to other devices, and then bluetooth turn of by itself
    2. BlackBerry Link won't connect
    I can charge to my laptop, but the BlackBerry device manager can't detect my z10

I've loaded .1052 a week ago

Any advice?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 11:17 PM
    Should the captured picture frame waste space below it and to the left so that it feels "rich"
    Why does having it left and bottom adjusted (not to mention mirror opposite of the camera overflow menu icon) make It feel cheap?
    Same for the captions on the VA, what about the captions make them look cheap?
    Posted via CB10
    1. There's no chrome to indicate that that was the photo that was just taken. This, and since it's completely flush to the edges without any borders it almost feels like a visual glitch. I said it looks cheap because it feelks like an engineer had to create an icon for the last-taken picture and did it using the least-possible amount of work.
    2. The font AFAICT is not the standard BB UI font. It overlays the icons (which themselves, aren't great) and in general doesn't feel clean. It almost feels like the mockup someone would create to ensure that all the wiring worked before the actual assets arrived. Compare say the calendar app with virtual assistant and the difference in feel is obvious.
    FCSC likes this.
    08-29-14 12:07 AM
    I am enjoying 10.3.

Looks great, can't wait for the final release.

Not sure if anybody discovered this already, my bad if so, but...

I don't like naming my folders and I've always wanted to just have them either blank (no name) or the little BlackBerry bullets symbol, but have never been able to do this until now. It's golden that it can just be pasted in as the name of my folders. LoL, sweet. Can't paste it in this post though, here's a picture:

10.3.0.1052 Finding, Fixes and Feedback-img_20140828_223243.png

I also really really like the new copy/paste improvements, seriously flawless now. Not that I had major issues with the feature, but whatever they did for 10.3, it's fantastic. Perfect actually.

Posted via CB10
    bluegreen1965 and mtint like this.
    08-29-14 12:33 AM
    Remember folks, LMAO, it's a leak!!! There's going to be half @ssed parts of it, that's because it's not available as a final release. Like, do we really need to discuss things that look and feel 'cheap'? Expect stuff like that, BlackBerry will fix minor visual glitches as time goes on. Isn't it a 'dev release' as per the installation information readable when installing the autoloader? Thought so. Twerd

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 12:45 AM
    Sorry if it's in this thread already. But I'm using the CB app so I can't search through it.

But is anyone having issues with charging?

Before 10.3 I could charge my phone and use it at the same time and it would still actually charge. Now on 10.3 I basically have to turn on airplane mode, and not touch it in order for it to charge instead of draining the battery.

And even then, the charge times are ridiculous. 3-4 hours. When before my phone would charge from 0-100% in 1-2 hours at the most even with use while charging.

Here's an example, while using my phone, it's at 34% and device monitor says it'll take like 5 hours.

10.3.0.1052 Finding, Fixes and Feedback-img_20140829_012820.png

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 01:31 AM
    I installed this OS on my Q10,the ringer volume is low any workaround for it?
    08-29-14 02:04 AM
    Remember folks, LMAO, it's a leak!!! There's going to be half @ssed parts of it, that's because it's not available as a final release. Like, do we really need to discuss things that look and feel 'cheap'? Expect stuff like that, BlackBerry will fix minor visual glitches as time goes on. Isn't it a 'dev release' as per the installation information readable when installing the autoloader? Thought so. Twerd

Posted via CB10
    My feedback is actually fairly mild. My guess is that this level of feedback and more is going on within BlackBerry itself.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 02:11 AM
    Sorry if it's in this thread already. But I'm using the CB app so I can't search through it.

But is anyone having issues with charging?

Before 10.3 I could charge my phone and use it at the same time and it would still actually charge. Now on 10.3 I basically have to turn on airplane mode, and not touch it in order for it to charge instead of draining the battery.

And even then, the charge times are ridiculous. 3-4 hours. When before my phone would charge from 0-100% in 1-2 hours at the most even with use while charging.

Here's an example, while using my phone, it's at 34% and device monitor says it'll take like 5 hours.
    I had the same thing with one om my Z10's. My battery life was the most worse I have ever had. (like 3 hours standby), charging was terrible as wel, it was almost draining more than it could load.
    I reloaded the os a couple of times (even with SIC wipe) but still no solution. Makes me think while I type this, there might me a flaw in my backup.
    Back to the drawing board and start completely fresh with no restoring whatsoever, that might do the trick!
    08-29-14 02:36 AM
    Nope. I used the Contact X app. Works great!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 04:11 AM
    Definitely needs UI cleanup.

• Movie information rendering for Virtual Assistant is really ugly
    • Don't like the placement of the captured pictures frame in the camera app (too close to bottom left - feels cheap)
    • Too many overflow menus right now - one on the left, one on the right - and their purpose is not obvious
    • Icons are off-center for the signature action in some apps (clock/timer)
    • The disappearing action bar feels like a UI glitch
    • Moving a note from one folder to another copies the note (doesn't move it)
    • Browser's settings menu is not accessed via BB UI guidelines pull-down (WTF Browser team!)
    • Captions for Virtual Assistant icons look incredibly cheap
    • Maps does not use the signature action when you search for a location
    • Maps default signature action on startup does not look like a signature action - because there's no action bar!
    • Damn - maps looks like it came straight from the 90s: so much gray!

There are a lot of great cleanups here but there's a lot to do before it's top notch. Of course, being top-notch is not going to bring back Apple or Android users, but at least we BlackBerry users can benefit from a clean, consistent, usable OS! At the very least the native BlackBerry app teams need to be consistent in how they use the published UI guidelines and interaction models, and have their UX teams clean up app workflows.

Oh - and I hate the disappearing action bar. Feels awkward.
    I thought this wasn't an official release!

Snow White Z10 10.3.0.1052
    GuillaumeRo likes this.
    08-29-14 04:29 AM
1,337 ... 4445464748 ...