10-12-14 02:37 PM
1,337 ... 4344454647 ...
tools
    Has anyone found a fix for the "missed" calls issue from non contacts?

Whenever I get a call from a number not saved in my contacts, the phone will not ring. It will just show up in my missed calls.

Posted via CB10
    Anyone know a fix for this issue?
    I'm missing calls right and left because I don't have the number saved as a contact.
    08-27-14 02:33 PM
    I'm missing calls right and left because I don't have the number saved as a contact.
    I had the same issue. I re-ran the auto-loader. Then when I restored, I didn't restore the system setting from the backup. I had to re-add accounts and call settings, but it seemed to have fixed the issue.
    08-27-14 02:43 PM
    If you did a backup and restore I would suggest other wise. Do a clean install. If you did do a clean install then I have no idea. Maybe try getting the .bar file for the android runtime and side load it.

Posted via the best phone on the market, the Z(ed)30!
    08-27-14 03:09 PM
    I had the same issue. I re-ran the auto-loader. Then when I restored, I didn't restore the system setting from the backup. I had to re-add accounts and call settings, but it seemed to have fixed the issue.
    Was afraid that was going to be the answer.

Guess I'll restore contacts and calendar from Fire Chest backup and everything else from Link.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 03:41 PM
    File transfers from my PC are very laggy or don't work at all, for example a music album transfer will fail after the first track and then hang.
    08-27-14 05:00 PM
    Hi, maybe the question have already been asked, but I can't find the answer : does BlackBerry Assistant work in other languages (in this case, French) or just English ?
    Works very well in French (in my case, Canadian French). The assistant voice has a male European French accent.
    Shura#CB likes this.
    08-27-14 07:23 PM
    Reboot your phone and let me know if Amazon app comes back. There seems to be a lot including myself that can't remove Amazon app permanently. If it does come back just don't open it or it will initialize and install which then you would need to remove again. I found that by ignoring it and don't let it install/initialize, it won't use up your memory resources.

On a side note I'm hoping BlackBerry will fix the sms area for your messages. The box where I would type my messages is so tiny with all the icons next to it. They should simply create an overflow menu instead.

Attachment 293928

PS it is in the overflow menu. Already so just remove those icons as it takes up too much space. Kinda like the way BBM does it which is nicer and cleaner.

Lifting ain't for the faint of heart
    I agree. The space for writing your actual text is wwwwaaaaayyyyyy too small. Also, with using the dark setting and the gray colored font, you could almost miss it.
    08-27-14 07:26 PM
    Just noticed if you click the notification icon at the left within the hub, you can unread that particular item!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 07:39 PM
    If you did a backup and restore I would suggest other wise. Do a clean install. If you did do a clean install then I have no idea. Maybe try getting the .bar file for the android runtime and side load it.

Posted via the best phone on the market, the Z(ed)30!
    Let me use this issue of non-contact-person calls going straight through to voicemail as a starting point for my overall experience.

I had the same problem. I also had issues with certain Android apps not running because Google Play Store couldn't be installed ("install failed" errors), issues with POP email messages never coming through after the initial account setup, Amazon Appstore not working, and a couple other things with contacts, etc.

I have been one of the last holdouts on a reinstall with Autoloader and then a restore, because I didn't want to lose my memorized predictive text and the icon arrangement and app registrations. Too much time required to do all that stuff, I reasoned. My reasoning was wrong.

Last night I gave in, after having spent 4 days trying to make things work and failing completely. I backed up again, just in case, and transferred all the files I needed from the Device media to my SD card, then did a security wipe. I didn't do the SIC Multiwipe, just the regular BB security wipe. I also didn't reinstall the OS--it was intact. And I restored nothing, not even the media data.

Then I began the laborious process of setting up everything from email accounts to the BBW apps to the Snap installed apps, along with signing into everything again as necessary, and rearranging the desktop icons to where I wanted them.

The result is that everything now works as it should, even better in terms of the Android apps as compared to 10.2 and 10.3 prior to the wipe. There was a lot of indexing required, and at first I couldn't get the file manager to work properly when the 16 GB SD-10 card was inserted. So I copied everything from the SD card to a folder on my Mac, reformatted the SD card from within the Z10, copied all the files and directories back to the SD card, and then file manager worked well and very fast.

And calls from callers not in contacts can be now answered, as I found out tonight when I got my first unsolicited sales call. (That was one nice thing about having de facto call blocking before the wipe.)

The moral of this story is that when going to 10.2 to 10.3 via autoloader (my attempt at a Sachesi nondestructive load failed because it stopped halfway before Sachesi itself was fixed by Sacha, and by then I had already done an autoload), do a wipe and no restore. There seems to be no way to avoid it unless you want to be dealing with persistent problems. I don't know whether a successful Sachesi nondestructive load avoids all these problems, since no restore is involved, but I suspect there might still be problems with the Amazon App Store if that app had been installed previously. Maybe someone would report on that.

Bottom line--now that it's all fixed, I am really loving this OS, and wonder if there are any major bugs in it when it is installed clean.
    Foppa_21 likes this.
    08-27-14 08:55 PM
    I restored and didn't have any issues once I learned you needed to do a custom restore and unselect blackberry runtime. Restoring the old blackberry runtime is what kills the 10.3 version.

Everything worked fine with a restore when doing that.
    08-27-14 09:32 PM
    I restored and didn't have any issues once I learned you needed to do a custom restore and unselect blackberry runtime. Restoring the old blackberry runtime is what kills the 10.3 version.

Everything worked fine with a restore when doing that.
    Yes, and I followed your earlier advice on that one. It solved some of the problems, but didn't solve the Amazon Appstore issue in my case, even when I unchecked both the runtime and Amazon App Store boxes on the restore. Turns out that I couldn't get rid of an old Google Play Store and/or Play services, which was affecting some other Android apps, and also there were problems in the Settings-settings causing the POP email accounts not to work and apparently producing the non-Contact call-blocking issue.

I suspect that restoring the Media data would have been OK, and after the wipe, perhaps restoring the app data with the appropriate boxes unchecked, would have worked, but I decided just to do the clean install and be done with it.
    08-27-14 09:46 PM
    My FeedBack on this not so early built on my Z10 STL-100-1:

Dialer: stucks when you need to press any key during a call, example when you call on an automatic service.

HUB: Doesnt Delete Prior messages in a single action, need to do it several time for it to finish that action.

Camera: Stucks Processing on HDR mode(more Than the normal ppreccesing period like on 10.2). and takes a lot of time when you open the camera thru BBM or any other app that calls up the Camera APP.

Android APPS: A huge amount of apps (Including Instagram) that were working flawlessly on 10.2 are now shutting down upon open or startup.

Quick Settings Drop Sheet: Two finger swipe not entirely working on every single app , in my case on Android Apps exclusivly. all other Native or Built for BB10 lets this action thru.

Battery Life: IMPROVED!! just to give you an example, today i unplgedd it at 8:25am with a 100% Charge.. its now 22:30pm Venezuela time, and im still 31% strong. using it to text, browse once in a wile, some email and a few Run in Crowd runs and Into the dark rounds.
    Wallpaper: HOT!!! enough said. been using some Justin Maller's art and my god.. sweet.

WIFI and Wireless Radio: Normal.

Brigthness: Probably just me but i think they boosted up the Brightness limit in a 10% i think.

Photo Editing: Smooth and Snappy.

Home Screen Transitions: Snappy and Very buttery no lag what so ever.

Keyboard: Issues with the SpaceBar or its me that just can get to nailed it right or there is something else there.

Volume Both: Great, Clear and non-sturated. but sometimes in some apps the volume can crank up very high and you get those high Frec's very good in there. dont like that very much.

again guys this is what i have experienced so far, hope this help you guys in some way.

Thank you for reading.

God Bless.
    08-27-14 10:05 PM
    BlackBerry assistant doesn't remember opened apps like the old Search function used to. This is a huge pain for me; I used to use the searched-and-opened app list constantly, as you don’t even need to know where an app is; just search for it, run it, and it’s always in the recent activity list. Please bring this back!

Organization of active frames is completely unintuitive. The upper four frames are static and the lower four rotate based upon most recently opened app. This requires the user to get into the business of active frame management- you end up with four stale apps in the upper four, and then fairly recently used apps will drop off the bottom during normal usage. This needs to be better thought out - for instance, PINNING an app will keep it where you put it, and any non pinned apps (between 1 and 7) will flow around them, etc.

Keyboard flicks can be very insensitive, especially on the top row. Even with care and deliberation, it can be difficult to get keyboard flicks to register. A very short flick is more likely to work, but the 10.2 behavior was much much better.

Oftentimes, after leaving a cell coverage area (i.e. going into a parking garage), and returning, the phone will find the network again but will not allow any data or calls. Sometimes turning airplane mode on and off / cycling the mobile network will restore serve, but many times needs a reboot to restore 4g service.

When in a text entry area (email, etc.), a long press to paste selects last typed text instead. This makes it tough to paste into the field. You either have to select the next blank line and cross your fingers, or type sacrificial text, allow it to highlight, then when the paste icon comes up, paste over the sacrificial text. Definite problem.

Agenda view should allow long press on day bar to create an event on that day.

Agenda view has a problem with “go to today” as it sometimes goes to the next day.

Agenda view makes it very tough to tell WHICH day is today. This should be highlighted in color or otherwise called out.

New calendar bar is generally annoying. Lack of direct access to day/week/month is a worse design. Tapping on the calendar header (date) should allow you to Go To a date, rather than wasting space on the “Go to date” button.

When viewing a calendar invite (Exchange, ical, etc.), the name of the sender of the calendar invite is truncated and duplicated. An invite shows from “Fred Jones” shows up as:
    Jones” fred.jones@something.com
    Jones” fred.jones@something.com

Accessing Dropbox through file manager occasionally crashes entire device with white screen.

When telling BB Assistant to read a BBM, it only reads the last BBM in a conversation (even if several have just come in). There’s no apparent way to have it read ALL of the new BBMs from a single contact.
    08-27-14 10:32 PM
    Tapping directly on the "envelope" icon to the left of a hub message in order to toggle the read/unread status is extremely sensitive and oftentimes opens the message rather than toggling the status.

When in "triage" mode in in the hub, it would be really, really nice to have a third action icon (i.e. Flag, File, Trash) when in landscape mode.

The email header when viewing an email from the hub is quite wasteful in space. It could be reduced in vertical size by 20% without crowding.

Gravatars don't appear to be working properly for contacts. They worked perfectly (although I never found documentation on this) in 10.2
    08-27-14 10:37 PM
    My z10 takes forever to charge! And drains really fast.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 10:48 PM
    can someone help me?

currently on blackberry q10 10.3.0.1052

1. I have security wiped my device
    2. When i restart my device my data keeps getting wiped
    3.I have tired reinstalling leak but nothing seems to work?
    4.Also I have restore back to 10.2 and started the same steps by reinstalling leak and security wipe but still keeps happening?
    08-28-14 05:10 AM
    can someone help me?

currently on blackberry q10 10.3.0.1052

1. I have security wiped my device
    2. When i restart my device my data keeps getting wiped
    3.I have tired reinstalling leak but nothing seems to work?
    4.Also I have restore back to 10.2 and started the same steps by reinstalling leak and security wipe but still keeps happening?
    I just answered you in the thread you started over there. Go check!
    08-28-14 05:34 AM
    Loaded10.3 on my girlfriends Z10. Same device/software as in my signature.

Whenever she is connected to wifi and signal gets week due to moving away from signal, he connection in top right changes to emergency calls only or is turns into a weird looking 4g icon.

Is this an OS, setting, or user error? Any setting(s) I can change.?

This has never happened on another OS.

Posted via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.3.0.1052
    08-28-14 06:02 AM
    Found something wonky in contacts (why am I not surprised).

When I open a contact and try to scroll up to get to the information just below the initial view (thanks to the HUGE contact image area at the top), it pops back down on me like a rubber band. I can't ever see stuff like the rest of the address or whatever is just under the bottom bar. I can scroll up and hold it, but let go and it bounces back down.

This doesn't happen with every contact, but about 2/3 of them. I can't find a common thread as to what makes one to the rubber banding and one not. But it's aggravating.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 07:10 AM
    Found something wonky in contacts (why am I not surprised).

When I open a contact and try to scroll up to get to the information just below the initial view (thanks to the HUGE contact image area at the top), it pops back down on me like a rubber band. I can't ever see stuff like the rest of the address or whatever is just under the bottom bar. I can scroll up and hold it, but let go and it bounces back down.

This doesn't happen with every contact, but about 2/3 of them. I can't find a common thread as to what makes one to the rubber banding and one not. But it's aggravating.

Posted via CB10
    +1 for me. Only way to see is to turn device through the 90 to landscape mode. I think it is because this OS wasn't really meant for our devices but for the Passport screen layout.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.3.0.1052
    08-28-14 09:30 AM
    I loaded 10.3.0.1052 on my z30 but the phone cannot charge when switched off.
    I did a reload today and the issue persist.
    It only charges when it's on. Anyone come across this? I know it's a leak but just to highlight

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 10:26 AM
    Definitely needs UI cleanup.

• Movie information rendering for Virtual Assistant is really ugly
    • Don't like the placement of the captured pictures frame in the camera app (too close to bottom left - feels cheap)
    • Too many overflow menus right now - one on the left, one on the right - and their purpose is not obvious
    • Icons are off-center for the signature action in some apps (clock/timer)
    • The disappearing action bar feels like a UI glitch
    • Moving a note from one folder to another copies the note (doesn't move it)
    • Browser's settings menu is not accessed via BB UI guidelines pull-down (WTF Browser team!)
    • Captions for Virtual Assistant icons look incredibly cheap
    • Maps does not use the signature action when you search for a location
    • Maps default signature action on startup does not look like a signature action - because there's no action bar!
    • Damn - maps looks like it came straight from the 90s: so much gray!

There are a lot of great cleanups here but there's a lot to do before it's top notch. Of course, being top-notch is not going to bring back Apple or Android users, but at least we BlackBerry users can benefit from a clean, consistent, usable OS! At the very least the native BlackBerry app teams need to be consistent in how they use the published UI guidelines and interaction models, and have their UX teams clean up app workflows.

Oh - and I hate the disappearing action bar. Feels awkward.
    08-28-14 11:01 AM
    The only issue I have is that no text will show up in the text app only in the hub, I've tried all the settings for where to display the text.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 11:07 AM
    I have same issue, after 3/4 battery pulls resolve it.
    08-28-14 11:07 AM
    This was a really neat preview, but is absolutely not ready for primetime. For me, anyway, this is NOT a daily driver. Getting tons of audio playback errors- it's like my headphone jack is, well, jacked. Never had any issues before this OS, so blaming it. Will roll back to a stable OS to double check. Music is a huge part of my day, so being unable to plug in speakers and throw on a Youtube video or mp3 is completely unacceptable. Also, have run into a page or two that continually crash the browser. I'll look forward to a less buggy version with excitement, love the rest of the updates
    10.3.0.1052 Finding, Fixes and Feedback-img_20140828_090845.png
    08-28-14 11:14 AM
1,337 ... 4344454647 ...