10-12-14 03:37 PM
1,337 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    Gee, I wish I had that problem... lol. Connects fine to my Ford Escape, though...
    AL8x B likes this.
    08-26-14 05:23 PM
    I think they should unified the theme colors instead of having different ones in various applications.

Have us choose the color for the entire OS. It's weird calendar has green and voice recorder has red.

One color please.
    And when I'm using full screen for video on the browser, it shows a half screen instead.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 06:29 PM
    I'm liking this OS cept a few small bugs. I do not like the smaller icons in the hub at the bottom.
    08-26-14 07:42 PM
    Wait a second, is this a non-BB emoticon, showing in my Hub?
    Attachment 293385
    I never noticed we could see those before...

BB10 signed @ C0007CC89
    What app did you use to draw on this?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 07:43 PM
    The night mode camera is wonderful!
    Best night camera I've ever seen

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1052
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    08-26-14 08:52 PM
    The Mercedes was a rental haha

Posted via CB10
    AL8x B likes this.
    08-26-14 09:11 PM
    Has anyone found a fix for the "missed" calls issue from non contacts?

Whenever I get a call from a number not saved in my contacts, the phone will not ring. It will just show up in my missed calls.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 10:29 PM
    Here are some little things (not the obvious changes) I've found in the OS in the past 24 hours.
    (Z10 STL100-3)

Pros:
    - Text message boxes look better and "sleeker", the coloured bar at the bottom of the box is thinner and blue. Looks really cool
    - Unzipping files is a lot faster from what I have seen so far.
    - Android runtime is amazing, apps load a lot faster. And the Instagram typing issue has been resolved, no longer need to load Google keyboard (not sure if there was already a fix on that in 10.2.1)
    - haven't tried out too many games but the android runtime is great
    - The active frame page is amazing IMO. Now the most recent frame is at the bottom and instead of just the four frames, you also see little bit of the next two frames at the bottom or top. I actually found myself going to the next page if active frames many times, something I never did in 10.2.1. Also the bottom of the frames where the name is, it is now white. I personally like it. (picture attached)

10.3.0.1052 Finding, Fixes and Feedback-img_20140826_213517.png

- I like how there is an option to make to font even smaller.
    - haven't played around with the camera much but so far no problems.
    - No glitches or lag with the leak so far. I can't comment on battery life As it has been only 24 hours.
    - Music app is nice, will take a little bit getting used to.
    - the empty active frame page is surprisingly good to have once you get used to it.
    - I found that the white bar at the bottom of every app is a better look than the black one

10.3.0.1052 Finding, Fixes and Feedback-img_20140826_222124.png

- Music app remember the last song and playlist played even after close
    - The circle thing that comes around words when you try to scroll through the text looks better

10.3.0.1052 Finding, Fixes and Feedback-img_20140826_222605.png

Cons:
    - I find the swipe up on the keyboard isn't as fast anymore. You have to swipe up a little slower
    - Music app no longer has a "Recently Added" playlist, which is a big loss for me as I always want to listen to my most recent songs.
    - I can't seem to find picture lock on this OS, maybe I'm just having trouble.
    - I lost some contacts and somehow it was the ones I talked to most

Overall I do not regret getting this leak one bit. I have had no major issues with the OS and most of the features Themselves. Everything I seemed to dislike can easily be fixed and can not be a problem with a little getting used to.
    There are a lot more cool things which I'll keep sharing, after all it is a BlackBerry, always finding some new cool thing day after day.

(I know there are major changes I didn't mention. But I just wanted to give reviews on a little changes I found in the OS that I liked)

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and d3rd like this.
    08-26-14 10:33 PM
    I used to use the search function to quickly launch my frequently used apps which were auto-populated. That feature seems to be gone in 10.3.0.1052. Anyone know of an alternative? Does anyone else agree that that feature shouldn't have been taken out?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 11:23 PM
    - I can't seem to find picture lock on this OS, maybe I'm just having trouble.

Posted via CB10

10.3.0.1052 Finding, Fixes and Feedback-img_20140827_112922.png
    Make sure picture password is on.

Posted via My Awesome Passport | @angelesrobby
    faizriqbal likes this.
    08-26-14 11:30 PM
    I like how you can pin active frames to the bottom of the home screen, I just wish it would still show the date in the big font.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 11:36 PM
    I have been using the Android version of Dropbox downloaded via Snap because it goes straight to your files and opens the selected file in edit mode - much more efficient than the Connect to Dropbox app that comes with the OS. It is worse than useless with 10.3.0.1052. You must get your Dropbox account linked to your handset via Connect to Dropbox before you can even see Dropbox when you are saving files. Even then when you save a file (even if it is opened from Dropbox) it defaults to saving the file on my media card. To save it in its original location you have to tap all the way back down to the root directory then all the way up into the correct Dropbox folder.

Does anyone know how to get the app to save an edited file back in its original location? If not is there a better Dropbox client out there?

Thanks

Posted from my Z30 (STA100-2) running OS 10.3.0.1052
    Last edited by fcsmyth; 08-27-14 at 03:36 AM.
    08-27-14 03:16 AM
    Is z30 10.3. Working with talkray and viber and tango
    Who test it plz let me know

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 04:01 AM
    New finding for me....especially on Fido network

Visual Voice works on it. In fact I didn't even have the service before they told me. I tried many times in past to see if it works and sure enough it works. If you are on Fido and never tried and never got the service try it out. You need to turn it on on your phone via setup icon.

Lifting ain't for the faint of heart
    08-27-14 06:43 AM
    can anybody tell me about android apps.Does it really drain our battery.If yes than do let me know to what extent it will effect the battery if we are not using the apps frequently or i should say does it drain the battery by just installing the apps
    08-27-14 08:49 AM
    can anybody tell me about android apps.Does it really drain our battery.If yes than do let me know to what extent it will effect the battery if we are not using the apps frequently or i should say does it drain the battery by just installing the apps
    So far the android apps works and drains as normal apps. But what I did find is by using Amazon app to download your apps, then it drains faster due to Amazon running in the background which you can't kill. This is needed for the apps that you download because there's a dependance to the amazon app. I believe it's licensing or something. Si my suggestion is if you are going to install android apps use Snap or download the apks and install them separately from Amazon.

08-27-14 08:57 AM
    thanks for confirming
    i already uninstalled amazon app store and loaded snap
    So far the android apps works and drains as normal apps. But what I did find is by using Amazon app to download your apps, then it drains faster due to Amazon running in the background which you can't kill. This is needed for the apps that you download because there's a dependance to the amazon app. I believe it's licensing or something. Si my suggestion is if you are going to install android apps use Snap or download the apks and install them separately from Amazon.

08-27-14 08:59 AM
    It depends on the app. Some are worse than others. Waze, for instance, KILLS my Z10's battery. I mean, it will suck my battery from 100% to flat out dead in about an hour. I find that Android apps that use GPS are the worst, but Waze is exceptionally and unreasonably bad.
    08-27-14 09:01 AM
    So far the only issue I have is with BlackBerry Assistant. When using my blue tooth headset the sound comes from the phone and not through the ear bud. Also word flicking is being picky from time to time but getting better. Over all I am very happy with this build lots of improvement
    08-27-14 09:12 AM
    The app I used to edit my image is Painter by QXS. Very straightforward, useful.
    What app did you use to draw on this?

Posted via CB10
    I am still trying to figure out how or when my Android notifications stop responding. They still get pushed to the Hub, they can be marked read/unread, but I cannot open them anymore to show the additional information. :S
    Bilaal and shorski like this.
    08-27-14 09:12 AM
    Hi, maybe the question have already been asked, but I can't find the answer : does BlackBerry Assistant work in other languages (in this case, French) or just English ?
    08-27-14 09:42 AM
    I like how you can pin active frames to the bottom of the home screen, I just wish it would still show the date in the big font.
    Posted via CB10
    I always hate to ask where is or how to .......but I could not find how to do this when I searched the forums.
    Would you have a link to a post that explains how this is done?
    08-27-14 09:57 AM
    When I delete an email it asks if I want to delete from device or device and server. Per usual right? My issue is it doesn't show the full text and I do not know which I should choose. Is the delete from device only the top or bottom option?

Posted via CB10
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-27-14 10:11 AM
    Hi, maybe the question have already been asked, but I can't find the answer : does BlackBerry Assistant work in other languages (in this case, French) or just English ?
    I think it should work with whatever language you set as default for your device.
    I am not sure but I believe that should be it.
    08-27-14 10:11 AM
    I always hate to ask where is or how to .......but I could not find how to do this when I searched the forums.
    Would you have a link to a post that explains how this is done?
    It doesn't really matter if you figure out how to pin them to the bottom. They return to their position immediately you open a new app.
    08-27-14 10:14 AM
1,337 ... 4142434445 ...