10-12-14 02:37 PM
1,337 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    Put my phone in Bedside Mode last night and took it off this morning. I felt my phone vibrating a few times just now and realized I was getting BBMs but didn't have any sound notification. My volume buttons were not working and there was no way to make the sound work after fiddling around with the volumes in the settings. A quick reboot, using both volume buttons fixed the issue.
    My only real issue is this one. Have not been able to determine what causes it, seems to happen after leaving the phone alone for a while but have not been able to pinpoint the culprit.

BB10 signed @ C0007CC89
    08-25-14 10:11 AM
    Few observations from my end.

1. The change to the overflow menu is atrocious. It is not possible to bring up a minimized overflow menu and instead the full menu must be shown every time. This completely destroys the screen real estate when you are working on something that requires you to see your list of items in addition to the overflow menu. Why they would remove the "minimalist" view is beyond me.
    2. Two finger swipe down for quick menu is inconsistent at best. Sometimes it works, other times it brings down the settings in the app you are in. Most of the time when it works it pulls down the settings menu from the app as well, which you have to close after the fact.
    3. Battery life is atrocious. I'm not sure if I've been spoiled by the likes of Z30 and LG G2, but the Z10 is losing battery life so fast you can practically see it draining.
    4. The keyboard is extremely laggy. Swipe up works 30% of the time. This explains some of the poor swipe up behavior seen in the Passport previews.
    5. The active frame behavior is inconsistent. The first four frames go back to the order they were opened in when minimized. The second four frames behave like in pre-10.3 OS releases where the last accessed app goes to the first spot in the list.
    6. Trying to place the cursor at the end of a word near the eight edge of the screen is a trial and error exercise that requires 5+ taps before it works properly.

Overall, this release is clearly unpolished and pretty obviously unfinished. I sincerely hope that BlackBerry made some serious improvements for the version shipping with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Wow even when it posted people still thing this is an Official release. Its a LEAK not meant for public use.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    08-25-14 10:20 AM
    Wow even when it posted people still thing this is an Official release. Its a LEAK not meant for public use.
    That's a scapegoat. This OS is very close to shipping release. There are many major bugs still in it, which means that they are not very likely to get addressed. I'm very well aware of it being a beta leak.

Also, some of the gripes are not bugs, rather functional changes that don't make sense or are making the usability worse. Those definitely won't change before release.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dejanh; 08-25-14 at 10:39 AM.
    08-25-14 10:22 AM
    I think I get what you mean: you know it's a beta, but you're concerned many of your points won't get addressed prior to the actual release, especially with some of the points being changes to functionality you'd prefer to see work differently, or as they have worked before.

I'm hoping that BlackBerry sees forums threads like this, in addition to its other sources, such as the icanmakeitbetter forum, in order to make the best thing it can prior to actual release.

That's a scapegoat. This OS is very close to shipping release. There are many major bugs still in it, which means that they are not very likely to get addressed. I'm very well aware of it being a beta leak.

Also, some of the gripes are not bugs, rather functional changes that don't make sense or are usability worse. Those definitely won't change before release.

Posted via CB10
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    08-25-14 10:31 AM
    What I've found so far on the Z10 (back up phone on wifi for now) is;

1) wifi is constantly being disconnected.

2) it's tricky to drag and drop app icons into a folder.

3) phone will freeze after trying a few times to drag and drop app icons unsuccessfully.

4) some sites aren't correctly formatted for the screen. Pinching doesn't work.

5) the phone so run much faster in every aspect.

6) 10.3 is very visually appealing.

I wiped my phone before using the autoloader and have done a couple of restarts.

Posted via CB10
    Could you post the websites which didn't open properly for you here so I can test on mine.

Posted via my Zed10
    08-25-14 10:32 AM
    I think I get what you mean: you know it's a beta, but you're concerned many of your points won't get addressed prior to the actual release, especially with some of the points being changes to functionality you'd prefer to see work differently, or as they have worked before.

I'm hoping that BlackBerry sees forums threads like this, in addition to its other sources, such as the icanmakeitbetter forum, in order to make the best thing it can prior to actual release.
    Precisely. The goal of my post isn't to ***** and complain about a beta leak, rather to point out the issues that give me concern.

Posted via CB10
    Outrunner likes this.
    08-25-14 10:42 AM
    It's working fine, updated to 10.3.0.1052 using sachesi by putting all updated apps (extracted from debrick using darcy's tool), core os, and radio into one folder, deleted all 4 dxtg files because it's causing an error on the first run, left it for a while, disconnect the phone from my windows 7 laptop, the phone stayed with the previous 10.2.2.1582, didn't do any restart, connect the phone again to the laptop, open sachesi and tried reloading the folder again without 4 dxtg files and now my stl100-2 and my wife's STL100-1 works fine with some minor bugs:

1. If the rotation lock is on, the hub will stuck in landscape while the other in portrait.

2. The swipe gesture on the keyboard isn't fluid as in 10.2 but still acceptable by adapting our typing speed.

3. The animation of opening and closing an app is not smooth sometimes.

Other than that, no noticeable bug and all works including android apps, they all can connect to the network (path, ig, google maps, and some local apps).

We're from Indonesia both on XL network.

One other improvement of this os that we love is the slider and it is easier to tap and block a sentence.

10.3.0.1052 Finding, Fixes and Feedback-img_20140825_224626.png

10.3.0.1052 Finding, Fixes and Feedback-img_20140825_224611.png

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    08-25-14 10:47 AM
    I had the same issue. re-installed the autoloader, and didn't restore system settings this time. Seems to have worked. had to take the time to re-set all of the notification sounds and such, but not call issues anymore.
    08-25-14 10:53 AM
    one thing i have noticed on my Q10, is that Wallpaper Changer does not change the wallpaper, even if it is set to do so.
    Not working here on my Z10 either. Probably because the OS now separates the lock screen wallpaper from the main home screen/app grid wallpaper, and Wallpaper Changer doesn't know how to deal with it. I'm guessing an update should be coming.

I haven't checked, but I wonder if it changes the lockscreen wallpaper and we just haven't noticed, or it may just do nothing.
    08-25-14 11:09 AM
    I guess you had several problems with instagram ustedeshan the new filtered version 10.3.0.1052, closes this two or three times before charging and I like to do some image in Quits Unexpectedly good I gave myself the task of reviewing with some earlier versions and this problem occurs since version 6.3.0 of instagram so my solution was to install the version 6.2.2 from Aptoide or choose igrann
    08-25-14 11:21 AM
    You still can't select a folder to share on bluetooth or nfc. also if a folder has like plenty of files, there's still no select all option.

Posted via My Awesome Passport | @angelesrobby
    08-25-14 11:32 AM
    Do not know if this was on earlier versions, but noticed this

10.3.0.1052 Finding, Fixes and Feedback-img_20140825_173933.png

You can chose different hdmi output modes

Posted via CB10
    kevets likes this.
    08-25-14 11:42 AM
    I think someone mentioned this much earlier, but it seems that incoming calls from callers not in the Contacts go directly to voice-mail. This has happened to me twice. Of courde,its not easy to test, that is, to find a phone to call my phone from that isn't in my contacts list.

The visual voice-mail is working, and this bug, if it is a bug, may actually be an advantage in terms of call blocking, which otherwise isn't present in this OS. And I don't see anything in phone settings to change this or selectively block calls.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 11:50 AM
    Wikipedia for BlackBerry doesn't seem to work for me. I get an error box saying something about "content outside Wikipedia, open in browser?". No matter what I do, I end up with the loading message and spinning circle but nothing comes up. Tried un-installing and re-installing, but no help.

Also, a weird thing happened. I couldn't take screen shots using the up/down volume buttons. I rebooted, and still couldn't do it. I then tried the lock screen trick of running the music app. That worked on the lock screen as it's supposed to. But it also finally worked outside of the lock screen. Turned off the music, and screen shots work again. I don't know if it's a one time glitch, or a permanent one for me. I see others have posted plenty of screen shots and this wasn't mentioned. I haven't had most of the other glitches others have posted, so maybe this was reserved for just me.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 11:54 AM
    Can't seem to edit videos for length. Even after a reboot with nothing else running I get an error:

10.3.0.1052 Finding, Fixes and Feedback-img_20140825_125948.png

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 12:01 PM
    Can't seem to edit videos for length. Even after a reboot with nothing else running I get an error:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140825_125948.png 
Views:	990 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	293461

Posted via CB10
    Did you initialize Amazon ? If so, I found that once you initialize, it'll get installed. And once you download and install something from it, it will stay in memory and suck resources. It's one of the findings I've found so far. I believe Amazon is baked into the android runtime thereby every time you restart after deleting the amazon app it comes back as the runtime starts again. I has the same issue until I finally removed Amazon (it came back but I did not initialize it again therefore it doesn't get installed but icon still there.

Lifting ain't for the faint of heart
    08-25-14 12:11 PM
    Few observations from my end.

1. The change to the overflow menu is atrocious. It is not possible to bring up a minimized overflow menu and instead the full menu must be shown every time. This completely destroys the screen real estate when you are working on something that requires you to see your list of items in addition to the overflow menu. Why they would remove the "minimalist" view is beyond me.

I, too hate that. What was the point?

2. Two finger swipe down for quick menu is inconsistent at best. Sometimes it works, other times it brings down the settings in the app you are in. Most of the time when it works it pulls down the settings menu from the app as well, which you have to close after the fact.

This one works perfectly for me.

3. Battery life is atrocious. I'm not sure if I've been spoiled by the likes of Z30 and LG G2, but the Z10 is losing battery life so fast you can practically see it draining.

My battery life has slightly improved from using 10.2.1, my device is a Z10.

4. The keyboard is extremely laggy. Swipe up works 30% of the time. This explains some of the poor swipe up behavior seen in the Passport previews.

I'm not having this issue.

5. The active frame behavior is inconsistent. The first four frames go back to the order they were opened in when minimized. The second four frames behave like in pre-10.3 OS releases where the last accessed app goes to the first spot in the list.

The 8 frames work in the same 10.3 way for me, the last four frames don't have that behavior.

6. Trying to place the cursor at the end of a word near the eight edge of the screen is a trial and error exercise that requires 5+ taps before it works properly.

Placing the cursor is a lot more easier for me now, try to drag it around the sentence until you find the spot you want to edit, it's really quick.

7. Sometimes the pop-up keyboard will block the last row of text in a text input field. If it happens the only way to revert is to long press the space bar.

This hasn't happened to me.

8. Android runtime is still quite weak. No project butter integration means that apps largely run like they would in 2.3 Gingerbread generation of devices. Horsepower will take care of some of this on the upcoming BlackBerry Passport, but I'm not expecting a seamless experience equivalent to that of native Android running on a modern flagship.

I'm actually happy about the Android runtime improvements, now I can run apps that previously didn't even open at all, and some app that worked in a pretty sluggish way, are now a lot more smooth. Of course, it doesn't compares to the native android experience using a flagship device, but it definitely has improved a lot.

9. Amazon app store does not differentiate between compatible and incompatible apps. Apps that don't work just crash and that's it. This is very poor usability from a user's perspective. A disclaimer won't cut it. I've said this before. Anything short of perfect integration and this whole Amazon partnership venture will fall so flat on its face it won't even be funny.

This is true and it's a complete shame.

10. Advanced interaction does not work well and/or consistently. Flip to sleep does not always work, lift to wake (at least for me) hasn't worked yet. Note that the proximity and all other sensors on the device are working well.

I only use the lift to wake advanced interaction and it's working just fine for me.

11. The radio performance is mediocre. The wi-fi radio almost never goes above 2 bars, even if the signal is very strong on all other devices.

I don't have this issue.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    08-25-14 12:15 PM
    I am having deja-vu about 10.3. This version is extremely buggy. The release of the passport is fast approaching (about 3 weeks) and the software is not ready. Part of the failure of the Z10 was because it came out with buggy software (10.0).

Chen needs to delay the passport until 10.3 is ready or he will loose the company. BlackBerry cannot afford another failed launch. The Passport promises to be an extremely well built and spec'd handset but if the software is this buggy, it won't fly.
    Blackberry are already many many builds ahead of this old leak. This is not the latest iteration by any means, so don't get your knickers in a twist.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 12:19 PM
    Twitter app crashes on BlackBerry z10 stl100-1

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 12:29 PM
    Dam calendar won't save correct appt times.

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    08-25-14 12:34 PM
    1. Why is the time stamp on photos never correct? Not just this version. Since I can remember. Always several hours off.

2. Is there any way to ask Blaze if he can ask Chen to install a baked in blacklist in the phone? Someone who he likes should ask him please.

3. Wish there was a way to hide or confirm the phone and camera icons. Tired of calling people and taking a million pictures. Maybe Blaze could slip that in?

Overall I like this build. It's the first 10.3 I'm keeping as a daily driver. Way better than 10.2.2. Was about ready to go back to 10.2.1 on that one.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1052 /T-Mobile USA
    08-25-14 12:41 PM
    Suffering from random resets.

Only issue so far.

Q10 - 10.2.1.3175
    08-25-14 12:41 PM
    What is the fix for amazon store app that keeps crashing when I try to open it. Bikonu!!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 12:55 PM
    What is the fix for amazon store app that keeps crashing when I try to open it. Bikonu!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Does it stay opening enough to go to settings and "check for update"? Because the Amazon App store shipped with this leak is not current. As soon as I installed I manually checked for an update and downloaded.

If you can't update inside the app, delete the app, go to your browser and Google amazon app store and download the latest version from Amazon. That should fix you right up.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1052 /T-Mobile USA
    08-25-14 01:01 PM
    I tried searching, but came up empty, so apologies if this was raised before.

When I click on the power button on my Z10 STL 100-3, it doesn't turn off. I can long hold it to reset my phone, but I used to be able to used that button to turn the phone off.

Am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 01:02 PM
1,337 ... 3637383940 ...