10-12-14 03:37 PM
1,337 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    Take 4, I keep getting heavy battery drain. (system gets almost 98% use) its about 3 hours standby. Thats going 15 years back in time.
    My other Z works like a charm, too bad thats not my daily driver
    08-24-14 02:51 PM
    I'm not currently getting the issue with sent and filed mail that some are experiencing with 10.3 but I had that happen every now and then with 10.2. I could never resolve the issue but it would eventually correct itself. Experienced it more with filed messages vs sent messages.

Really liking the new is and can't wait for the final build that will fix the couple issues i'm seeing with the camera not always loading or turning on dev mode to side load Snap.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1052
    08-24-14 02:51 PM
    Of course this is not the final release but its not far off. The release of the passport is comming up very soon. They will probably start shipping to their distribution centers in about a week or two. There is not a lot of time for them to squash the most obious bugs. This version is severly buggy. ActiveSync is broken. Many things are broken. No way the engineers will have time to address all of these or even most of these bugs.

Chen needs to hold off on the relase or go with 10.2.1 initially and then upgrade the handset to 10.3.0 or like I stated above, he risks destroying BlackBerry.
    Activesync is fine for me, using exchange 2013! Overall it's a good build except the battery drain is ridiculous, has to be something to do with the amazon app store/android apps! Oh and leggy keyboard sometimes.

The build is fine to preload on the passport at the factory, they will push an OTA anyway, so when the user sets up the phone it will auto check for update.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 02:52 PM
    Activesync is fine for me, using exchange 2013! Overall it's a good build except the battery drain is ridiculous, has to be something to do with the amazon app store/android apps! Oh and leggy keyboard sometimes.

The build is fine to preload on the passport at the factory, they will push an OTA anyway, so when the user sets up the phone it will auto check for update.

Posted via CB10
    ActiveSync is fine for me too. Works as it always has.

Battery drain is an issue. But it always has been on this Z10. While in standby, it will last days. But as soon as I start using the phone, I'm down to only a few hours. No OS I've had on this phone since getting it a year ago has been able to help, and I doubt this one will either even after I give it a few days. We'll see, though.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 03:14 PM
    Really dude you have to be pretty oblivious to say American football is more popular than football in any other country than the ones who play American football but I'll stop now

Posted with my z10 stl100-2 running10.3.0.1052
    If anything I thought it would be hockey sticks.

(and the cfl plays in Canada, hence the C... )

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 03:19 PM
    Kinda annoying haha. I just press hold the keyboard for that but yes its annoying.

Posted via My Awesome Passport | @angelesrobby
    I just noticed this also. Yuck. Hopefully it'll be gone when 10.3 is official.
    08-24-14 03:23 PM
    I haven't seen anything that suggests blend has back up / restore capabilities, so what makes you think blend will replace link?

Posted via CB10
    Everything shown by Blackberry Blend points to a similar feature set that remained in beta and barely known only to those crazy enough to pretty much try anything on their Nokia S60 devices from their beta labs site - and many featured on Symbian-Freak web pages. I cannot recall the beta app but basically used Python or something else in code and turned the application running into a service that was accessible globally to connect to your phone as a service:

See you Calendar
    See your SMS (individually selectable)
    message you - via Chat window or privately.
    See your hosted webpage (hosted directly from your smartphone)
    you could uninstall and re-install applications (except core apps).
    much more.

This code was released long before Nokia hired Elop or considering changing OS'.

I see no reason for anyone to own a corporate email application - let alone pay for one - and use it for local synchronization in BBLink considering IntelliSync the primary and global KING of local Windows/Mac PC connectors of the old guard of OS' is NO LONGER licensed by BlackBerry from Nokia ... yes it was in Windows Smartphone/PocketPC, Palm OS (Pre versions to), Desktop Manager and just about every other smartphone OS desktop sync app - including those from Samsung around the SGSII days.
    08-24-14 03:39 PM
    I can't find BlackBerry Link in systems settings

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 03:43 PM
    Email Icon

I can't find the Email icon on the desktop. There is an icon for Text Messages, for Blackberry Hub, but no specific icon for Email.
    I had one up until OS 10.2.1.
    You're joking.... right!?

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    08-24-14 03:46 PM
    ActiveSync is fine for me too. Works as it always has.

Battery drain is an issue. But it always has been on this Z10. While in standby, it will last days. But as soon as I start using the phone, I'm down to only a few hours. No OS I've had on this phone since getting it a year ago has been able to help, and I doubt this one will either even after I give it a few days. We'll see, though.

Posted via CB10
    I'm on Z30, I was on last official release 10.2.1 and battery was great, should be back to normal when 10.3.1 hits, but by then I'll have a passport so who cares lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 03:56 PM
    Flip to mute dost'n work for me...

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 04:04 PM
    Anyone NOT able to read incoming text's?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 04:15 PM
    no problems for me on my q10. os is SO much better than before. I love the fact that the icons have all shrank in size. looks cleaner (including the camera button on the lock screen!) Also, everything feels faster imo.
    Are you seeing touch screen accuracy off on the right side of the device. Having a hard time choosing the camera icon or closing active frames on the right side of the device.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-24-14 04:19 PM
    Hi all,
    I have this leak running on STL-4 Z10 on Verizon. I'm unable to use DDPB to side load BAR files. I have SNAP v2_0_0_2 that I want to install but am not able to. Is this not allowed anymore due to the fact that we have amazon app store available?

EDIT: YES, I do have development mode turned on....
    08-24-14 04:35 PM
    I can't find BlackBerry Link in systems settings

Posted via CB10
    it's under device connections

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    08-24-14 04:35 PM
    You're joking.... right!?

Posted via CB10
    No I am not joking. Why do you think I was joking? If there is an obvious solution, please share with me. Please read my entire post regarding my problem.
    08-24-14 05:05 PM
    Email Icon

I can't find the Email icon on the desktop. There is an icon for Text Messages, for Blackberry Hub, but no specific icon for Email.
    I had one up until OS 10.2.1.

This is important, because if there is a new message in the Hub (red star in the icon), that can be anything and I don't waste my time opening the Hub every time checking what it might be. But the emails are important and can be urgent. It would be useful if I could break down the Icon by email accounts (I have 6 on my Z10) and I could see where the new message came in .

Otherwise, OMG, I feel I have a brand new phone. Android programs open much faster (Google Play dependent apps, like Life360 still don't work). Still getting used to the new calendar look.
    Why do you need the email icon?
    Swipe left in the hub and you can pick your account (the one with a new email is has the spark).
    Works similar as the 'old' email icon, but integrated in the hub, so no need for an extra icon
    08-24-14 05:09 PM
    Are you seeing touch screen accuracy off on the right side of the device. Having a hard time choosing the camera icon or closing active frames on the right side of the device.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Yes, absolutely! That's exactly where the problem is. I'm wondering if, with this being a passport build, we'll see things optimized for the Q screen when it rolls out officially.
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-24-14 05:11 PM
    I don't like the new sms screen and how it don't say your name when ya send messages etc I think it all untidy

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 05:19 PM
    here is an interesting and quite perplexing issue I ran into; when I went to pair my BB Music Gateway to my Z10 via NFC, the nfc wrote t the gateway and now shows as my phone and I cant pair with it. If I just use Bluetooth, it pairs fine. I would like to know if anyone can think of a fix for that. That's a new one, eh.
    08-24-14 05:21 PM
    Hi all,
    I have this leak running on STL-4 Z10 on Verizon. I'm unable to use DDPB to side load BAR files. I have SNAP v2_0_0_2 that I want to install but am not able to. Is this not allowed anymore due to the fact that we have amazon app store available?

I loaded SNAP with the chrome method.
    08-24-14 05:23 PM
    Just little possible bugs(overall the OS is fantastic):

-NFC still doesn't seem to work with the screen off even if you have it checked to be able to do that.
    -For third-party apps that invoke a browser from it, the "Open In" screen that lists the options of what app to open the invocation in still doesn't remember the "always remember this" option.
    -Homescreen shortcuts for SD Card folders still don't work
    08-24-14 05:31 PM
    Have checked System Settings, App Manager, Installing Apps, Allow Apps From Other Sources?

Hi all,

08-24-14 05:37 PM
    Why do you need the email icon?
    Swipe left in the hub and you can pick your account (the one with a new email is has the spark).
    Works similar as the 'old' email icon, but integrated in the hub, so no need for an extra icon
    Exactly. And that is the work that an Email icon saved me in the past. I just looked at the screen and knew that it was not a notification, a Visual Voice Mail alert, but a new email.

I will go further:
    I would like to have the option to personalize Icons for the main screen and have individual icons per email account, if I want to. We all have different needs and priorities. I don't want to swipe my Hub constantly to figure out what is new exactly...

Otherwise I love it...
    08-24-14 05:48 PM
    Your own experience with this build may be completely different than others. Perhaps you need to wipe / reload.

Posted via CB10
    Like mine. Nothing but praise for this unreleased release :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 05:49 PM
1,337 ... 3233343536 ...