10-12-14 03:37 PM
1,337 ... 2728293031 ...
tools
    My calendar is acting weird. All of my appointments are 4 hours late. If I make a calendar event for 1pm, it will show it in the calendar as 5pm. My phone's clock is correct though. Really weird...

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    Have you checked not only the TIme on your BB10 device but also the Timezone?!
    Timezone ... I have a feeling it's off.
    Maybe check and enable auto time/date from your settings .. it'll adjust to your current location no matter local or when you travel.
    08-23-14 11:42 PM
    The BlackBerry Guardian, does it work for anyone or is it just for me it shows the error that the app can't be scanned or something?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 11:56 PM
    10.3.0.1052 Finding, Fixes and Feedback-img_20140824_000428.png

I like my new home screen.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, tinochiko and ESCON like this.
    08-24-14 12:10 AM
    I have issue with my contact, just import only 139 contacts of list. And it'll stop. I'm using Max Contact Manager and Contact X to import vcard file.
    08-24-14 12:15 AM
    Also many days are showing up LARGE in font when no appointment is present?! Hmm.
    that's the new month that shows up in font . Its shows september and the dark grey in font is october.
    08-24-14 12:33 AM
    From 6.38 am sat to 12.32 am sun mixed usage

10.3.0.1052 Finding, Fixes and Feedback-img_20140824_003247.png

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 12:36 AM
    Anyone notice that you can hide the virtual keyboard by holding the spacebar. I just knew that. What a neat little trick.
    SK122387 and nyplaya610 like this.
    08-24-14 12:37 AM
    10.3.0.1052 Finding, Fixes and Feedback-img_20140824_003747.png

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 12:38 AM
    Anyone notice that you can hide the virtual keyboard by holding the spacebar. I just knew that. What a neat little trick.
    Old news
    merging this thread to findings and fixes
    Does anyone know which bar files host the intelligent assistant? I've got that glitch where it can't open apps ala universal search. I figured I'd try reload it specifically before running the autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 12:42 AM
    For anyone who is having problems with visual voicemail and needing a fix I found one today.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...il-fix-954488/
    codeslinga likes this.
    08-24-14 12:48 AM
    10.3 Is so great. Only gripe is that this message I'm trying on myq10 is very very slowly inputting.

Another issue is the camera on Snapchat is rotated 180 degrees and can't be changed. There is an option to rotate but not counter clockwise (which is needed)

Last issue is the Twitter app has this green bar when watching videos from within the app. Also the white bottom bar is obnoxious.
    10.3.0.1052 Finding, Fixes and Feedback-img_20140824_004002.png

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 12:53 AM
    Download it from here.

https://mega.co.nz/#!XIpVUb7a!eU_d9L..._-b5OVrulVBIBo

Side load via Sachesi or BB Playbook in Chrome.

Open Porsche clock, go to World Clock, click Add, type in FOSTAH, click Done, go to settings, go to Backdoor, then go to Clock Settings then Clock Face and you'll see Porsche Analog, Digital, etc., choose what you want, exit clock, go into it again, and you'll have it.
    Does it works in Q series?

Posted via CB10
    tw820 and codeslinga like this.
    08-24-14 01:04 AM
    I can play home videos, but the two movies I purchased through Blackberry world are a no go, It tells me "The file can't be opened." Any ideas anyone?
    08-24-14 01:09 AM
    I can play home videos, but the two movies I purchased through Blackberry world are a no go, It tells me "The file can't be opened." Any ideas anyone?
    I think you need to download them again from BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    aming63 likes this.
    08-24-14 01:13 AM
    Alright, my turn.

Z10 stl-3 on AT&T.

I backed up just the apps and settings with Link. Copied my user files in internal memory to my PC hard drive manually using Windows file explorer (left what was on the SD card alone). Then, I ran the autoloader. No wiping ahead of time.

It did reset twice before actually loading the OS.

Once it was done, I kind of ran through the phone checking things out. I then copied my user files back into the internal memory - mainly for my collection of wallpapers and my few ring tones I like from the BBOS 4/5 days.

The drivers took a while, but they reloaded on their own after the phone rebooted once the OS loading was done. I never got any message about downloading Blend (I expected it knowing it wouldn't work but would ask to download just the drivers - that never happened). I did delete the included apps I don't use - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Foursquare. I also went ahead and set my calendar, contact and SMS apps themes to dark.

I rebooted the phone, rebooted the PC, plugged the phone in and started up Link. It recognized the phone right away reporting the 10.3 OS. Ran the selective restore, restoring the two options that I backed up - apps and settings.

The Amazon App store didn't work at first, but other Android apps I have did, so I figured something got crossed up between the App Store I already had on the phone (thus, included in the backup and restore) and the one built into the OS. I re-downloaded the app from Amazon, and it worked.

I have two email accounts, my home IMAP from my ISP, and an exchange account from work. I had to re-input the passwords, but once that was done, everything came in. Took a while for the exchange account because of the contacts, calendar and emails that go back to the beginning of the year (I hadn't archived in a while).

I have to say that everything works.

Observations:

The option to grow numbers in the calendar on days with events is gone. I liked that option.

The spot for contact photos is way too big - takes up almost half the screen. Out of the over 200 contacts that I have, only about 10 have photos. And those were when I had Facebook and the phone linked them to the common exchange contacts and saved over on the exchange server.

Don't like the column for the contact photo along the side of the SMS conversation. The photo is already in the top header of the texting app, so the column is redundant. I'd rather have the extra width for actual text.

The OS in general works well, but the UI is not to my liking at all. Still don't like the look of the icons one single bit. All the white and light gray in the hub and settings is hard to look at with these over 40 eyes. Don't like the partial bottom bar or the oversized circle overlapping actual screen display area.

I do like the increase in the number of icons on the app grid. But the text under the icons are almost too small.

All apps, both native and android work fine - even BB World. No problems with data for either, whether over mobile or Wi-Fi.

Noticed that the calculator has a dark background/white number display area. Was white background/black numbers before.

Still no support for Outlook categories in contacts. Will check if contacts edited on phone still clears out categories back at work on Monday.

That's all for now.

Posted via CB10
    Minhaaj Rehman likes this.
    08-24-14 01:15 AM
    Does it works in Q series?

Posted via CB10
    Nope,you only get the cb dongle

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 01:18 AM
    hey everyone;
    i've downloaded the autoloader today and installed it very easily; but when my phone was booting for first time, from 0% to 60% of loading was fast and normal; but from 60% it got slower and slower and eventually it stuck at 99%.
    i waited for about 2 hours and decided to reload the os again. i did it and again it stuck at 99%. i thought it might be because of the source so i download the autoloader again but the problem still persists. i reloaded my previous 10.2 os and it was ok;
    is there anyone who can tell me what is my problem and why my 10.3.1052 stucks at 99%;
    please help me if you can
    08-24-14 01:21 AM
    Does anyone know which bar files host the intelligent assistant? I've got that glitch where it can't open apps ala universal search. I figured I'd try reload it specifically before running the autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    I don't, but I can vouch for the autoloader fixing the problem after a sic wipe, for whatever that's worth.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 01:21 AM
    I don't, but I can vouch for the autoloader fixing the problem after a sic wipe, for whatever that's worth.

Posted via CB10
    Okay I guess I'll have to go with a wipe and autoloader then.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 01:31 AM
    I think you need to download them again from BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I had to download all of my purchases again. I never had to do this before...weird. Thanks!!
    08-24-14 01:43 AM
    Absolutely love love love the new updates.

I like the contact profile pics in the call log,

I LOVE BlackBerry personal assistant

the android runtime is way smoother and the amazon app store should help some good friends merge

I also love the way it handles android apps that are head less (using the wonderful hub to see it running and allowing me to stop the app or reopen - although they should make that more clear.)

The new edit cursor is great!

I dig the new reminder layout, looks more updated

I'm getting used to to all the new flat colors, but I miss the old keyboard colors on the Z10 (kinda weird, but I felt the old way made me feel BlackBerry when I typed)

I like the two finger swipe inside apps to get to my phones settings

I like all the new icons and the old ugly shadow removed and the extra row of icons.

The app icons in active frames is nice, as well as showing the tops of frames "5 and 6", gonna take some getting used to on the minimized frame going to the "back" versus "front" of the line.

Of course I know this is a "beta" but either I'm used to the Z30 or this Z10 has a sluggish space bar and flicking. Also I can't wait for the dark hub in 3.1

Overall I'm more than pleased to see much progress in BlackBerry 10... can't wait for a daily driver of 10.3.1 to use BlackBerry personal assistant on my Z30!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Camelhmpz; 08-24-14 at 02:09 AM.
    SmileDahling, Foppa_21 and llamax like this.
    08-24-14 01:56 AM

The option to grow numbers in the calendar on days with events is gone. I liked that option.
    I didn't notice that, if true hope they bring that back!

Don't like the column for the contact photo along the side of the SMS conversation. The photo is already in the top header of the texting app, so the column is redundant. I'd rather have the extra width for actual text.
    I don't text much now that BBM is on all platforms, but I halfway agree with you. I like it beside the chat box, keeps me from getting confused to who I'm sending a message to or who said what, but I don't think it's needed at the top now too.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 02:04 AM
    really nice update!

they should add possibility to copy an email so you can add as attachment to other email.

That is about the only thing I think they should add to make it a complete mobile work environment.
    There's an app for that. Email saver is the name I think.

If you really need it now, you can try that app.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 02:05 AM
1,337 ... 2728293031 ...