05-27-15 09:41 PM
2,524 ... 6869707172 ...
tools
    Update on the Android situation, and it isn't good.

I've reinstalled both the core OS and all the apps via Sachesi and rebooted a few times.

The Andoid apps still won't load, and neither will the android-based BB apps, like Ghost Commander, which is in the BBW store. I've uninstalled Ghost Commander, but it won't even reinstall--it gets stuck on "Installing" just like the APK files get stuck.

This must be related, somehow, to having restored all the apps. At this point I think I have to do another autoload, restore only the media content and maybe the settings, but not the apps.

Anyone with additional thoughts about this? I tried side loading the 10.2.2 Android runtime, but it made no difference. Really strange.
    You can restore apps but have to do a custom restore and uncheck blackberry runtime. Worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 09:53 PM
    FAQ
    QUESTION: Should I Do A Full Restore?
    ANS: Most Did A Clean Install And Seem To Have Less Issues Than Those Who Restored, But If You Must Restore, Avoid Restoring "Settings".
    Whats with the settings? Why can't i restore it?
    08-22-14 09:56 PM
    You can restore apps but have to do a custom restore and uncheck blackberry runtime. Worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    I think the custom restore is only available on Windows Link, but I have a Boot Camp on my Mac so I could do that.

Do you think I have to do another autoload, or would a custom re-restore work. When you say BlackBerry runtime, is that Android runtime or some app called Blackberry Runtime?
    08-22-14 10:00 PM
    Whats with the settings? Why can't i restore it?
    Maybe the old backup settings will conflict with the new os.
    08-22-14 10:00 PM
    I think the custom restore is only available on Windows Link, but I have a Boot Camp on my Mac so I could do that.

Do you think I have to do another autoload, or would a custom re-restore work. When you say BlackBerry runtime, is that Android runtime or some app called Blackberry Runtime?
    You'll probably have to do another autoload. I tried just reloading the android files first with no luck so I had to. It was showing as over 1gb in size for me so I guess it's the full runtime.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 10:06 PM
    ok great. Thank you. I'll be the first thing i try after the security wipe before I load anything on it.

I did run the BBVE app earlier and everything passed, so its not hardware related.
    its working.. YES. Its awesome. I can just pickup the phone and it wakes up.
    imadorkx likes this.
    08-22-14 10:18 PM
    Z3 Mirror - Z3_10.3.0.1052
    I have compressed it.
    08-22-14 10:19 PM
    For some reason I can't get the LinkedIn App to get past the security script. I enter it as I see it and it just reverts back to the same screen. I keep re-entering it with the same result, anyone else?

Cheers!
    08-22-14 10:28 PM
    You'll probably have to do another autoload. I tried just reloading the android files first with no luck so I had to. It was showing as over 1gb in size for me so I guess it's the full runtime.

Posted via CB10
    I'm still a bit unclear as to how you did it.

My backup is on a Mac, and there is no way to do a detailed backup, so my backup from 10.2.2 can't be selectively installed even in Windows. I can do an application backup as shown on the screen in Windows with my now-10.3.0.1052 apps, and it looks as though I could save the app data without saving the application executables, but there's no runtime app that appears there.

If I do another autoload, restore the media data and the Settings data, would I just let all the apps populate through BBW, then restore just the app data (or do you restore the app data first?), then manually install all the Androids via the api files I have?

Or what did you do, and in what order did you do it?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails 10.3.0.1052 for all  devices-app-bkp.jpg  
    08-22-14 10:43 PM
    This leak is super awesome. Falling in love with the white theme...
    Assistant rocks big time.
    Super smooth os.
    Recommend for daily driver.
    Finally contact and call app updated.

Posted via CB10
    tryfe likes this.
    08-22-14 10:59 PM
    This leak is super awesome. Falling in love with the white theme...
    Assistant rocks big time.
    Super smooth os.
    Recommend for daily driver.
    Finally contact and call app updated.

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree with everything you said

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:01 PM
    Still no autoloader torrent ?

alright, here they are (magnet).

STL2/3 OS (Autoloader)

Q5/10 OS (Autoloader)

STL1 OS (Autoloader)

Z3 OS (Autoloader)

Z30 OS (Autoloader)
    Last edited by AcADIeN; 08-22-14 at 11:50 PM. Reason: added z30
    nisarg86 likes this.
    08-22-14 11:13 PM
    Thanks to everyone who made this possible. I was at work all day and it was hell knowing this was out there finally! I just loaded it up and so far I gotta say it's better than sex!

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1052
    If you, Sir, were on BlackBerry's marketing team, they wouldn't be able to keep up with demand! Or, you need to find a better partner. Perhaps the truth is somewhere between those two extremes
    08-22-14 11:13 PM
    Trying it now. I tried so many times yesterday to load everything with Sachesi and couldn't do it--it was molasses slow and always hung at 50% load. Sacha said it was an indexing problem and tweaked Sachesi today to 1.3.1 as I said. Now the core is loading with normal speed, but it is almost 1.8 GB, so it should be a half hour or so.
    Oh my goodness, thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! First I couldn't get my computer to stay connected to the phone and had to uninstall Link & delete all the Device Manager files. Then, I could not get the radio to load (kept getting that pesky 500 error, even after re-downloading) and I actually left my phone plugged in installing the apps while I was at work but it was only up to sys.bbm after 12 hours! I hadn't backed up and was finally about to bite the bullet and do a fresh install when I saw your post. Now I'm happy to report that the radio installed in just a couple minutes and the apps are installing at a normal rate.

Thank God for xsacha's amazingly fast update, lol.
    gpompeus likes this.
    08-22-14 11:15 PM
    I'm surprised there is still no MEGA links for the Verizon Z10 Autoloader!!
    08-22-14 11:30 PM
    I'm still a bit unclear as to how you did it.

My backup is on a Mac, and there is no way to do a detailed backup, so my backup from 10.2.2 can't be selectively installed even in Windows. I can do an application backup as shown on the screen in Windows with my now-10.3.0.1052 apps, and it looks as though I could save the app data without saving the application executables, but there's no runtime app that appears there.

If I do another autoload, restore the media data and the Settings data, would I just let all the apps populate through BBW, then restore just the app data (or do you restore the app data first?), then manually install all the Androids via the api files I have?

Or what did you do, and in what order did you do it?

Thanks in advance.
    I did a full backup but when restoring I had to select custom and uncheck blackberry runtime under application data. Do you not see that? It's also an option for the backup on Windows. I haven't tested with the Mac version of Link but I figured it would be the same.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 08-22-14 at 11:45 PM.
    08-22-14 11:32 PM
    I got the same issue. Contacts won't sync. Tried to configure accounts twice, restarted device, but still nothing.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:40 PM
    Alright so I've made some mirrors for all, just in case if mega goes into haywire because of us CB users haha, hopefully Bla1ze can add it to OP
    STL1

STL2/3

Q5/Q10

Z3

Z30 Verizon

Z30 Global

Verizon STL 100-4
    Step 1: "search this thread"
    Step 2: enter "Mirror"
    Step 3: look at results
    Step 4: Find this post
    Step 5: post it.
    Time taken? 35 seconds.
    08-22-14 11:43 PM
    I am struggling to restore contacts thru ContactX since yesterday. Restoring is very very slow. There is 1220 contacts and it has taken more than 10hrs but only 1000 contacts have been restored. It seems active frame becomes irresponsive. It was my mistake I couldn't take BBlink Backup this time. Should I downgrade OS to 10.2.1. and then BB Link backup before upgrading to 10.3? Is it bug in this OS that active frame becomes inactive after some time?
    08-22-14 11:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    OK--on the restore screen I now see the option to uncheck BlackBerry Runtime, which I've done. I'm restoring the app data and media data and will let BBW reinstall the programs, then I figure I may have to restore the app data once again.

None of these advanced selective backup and restore options are available on the Mac Link side. I'm doing it all in Windows 8.1 in Boot Camp. (There is no way to autoload on a Mac except in Boot Camp--Parallels and Fusion virtual machines won't hold the USB connection to the boot ROM. The backup and restore will work via the VMs, though.)
    08-22-14 11:45 PM
    i used this android runtime

and now its working.
    Last edited by zocster; 08-23-14 at 02:30 AM.
    08-22-14 11:48 PM
    I downloaded the bar apps including the core OS and side loaded all the apps. It didn't change a thing other than updated my bar files. My. 700 OS is still pretty much there. Plus the water marks. I used ddpb to side load. Please help

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:49 PM
    What was the instagram fix? Mine crashes within 2 minutes of the app being open..real annoying

Posted via CB10
    Think it was to load an older version of Instagram

Posted via CB10
    Correct

Verizon Q10 running 10.3.0.1052 on CB10. My boring channel but has cute Frenchie puppy pics
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...1052-a-954074/
    08-22-14 11:59 PM
    Step 1: "search this thread"
    Step 2: enter "Mirror"
    Step 3: look at results
    Step 4: Find this post
    Step 5: post it.
    Time taken? 35 seconds.
    Added to main post

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 12:03 AM
    What an OS upgrade !

The last 10.2 itself was a huge leap. Now with this 10.3 OS, BlackBerry surely leaves all competition way behind.

Cmon BlackBerry, bring on Powerful devices to match the OS and yeah hopefully Amazon store is better in final release.

Highlight for me :

Minimised Apps keep running permanently as active frames even after a reboot.
    08-23-14 12:11 AM
2,524 ... 6869707172 ...