I can't do it with the active frames not re-ordering themselves to last used to first, and the menu on the right opening up fully... that slows me down!

Anyone else feel this way?

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh and olivopuccino like this.
    08-22-14 09:36 PM
    I think this is the only way the pinch and reorder active frames is useful. If the active frames reorder themselves, this option is useless

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 10:24 PM
    I can deal with the frames but the menu kills meh :'(

Posted with my z10 running 10.3.0.1052
    08-22-14 10:27 PM
    I can deal with the frames but the menu kills meh :'(

Posted with my z10 running 10.3.0.1052
    Agreed. The menu thing is driving me crazy.

Posted via CB10
    todparsons likes this.
    08-22-14 10:29 PM
    Anybody notice the active frames aren't as responsive? I have to hit that "X" more than once to kill the active frame.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 10:42 PM
    Anybody notice the active frames aren't as responsive? I have to hit that "X" more than once to kill the active frame.

Posted via CB10
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 10:48 PM
    For the menu on the side, you don't have to actually let off to select an item. When you long press and see the menu peek from the side, just slide your finger over to the icon and then let go. The menu won't pop out, and you'll select the option you touched last.
    10.3.0.1052 active frames and menu auto-expansion-img_20140823_000122.png

Posted via CB10
    kadthekid and allwi like this.
    08-22-14 11:01 PM
    Problem is I want to let go, not drag my finger all over. Also, I don't care about reorganizing active frames unless I can pin them. I want options.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:27 PM
    I can't do it with the active frames not re-ordering themselves to last used to first, and the menu on the right opening up fully... that slows me down!

Anyone else feel this way?

Posted via CB10
    Agree 100% with the active frames. The new implementation requires that you look at the screen to see where the tile is.
    Before, it would intuitively always have the most recent app in the top left and the second most recent app would be top right.. made multitasking a breeze.
    *Edit: when you have 8 active frames open the bottom 4 use the old behavior *

Although I would still like to be able to pin active frames simply meaning they they don't close when I hit the limit
    *edit: you can only pin the top 4 active frames, aka those won't ever automatically close.

I think BlackBerry intention is for people to pick their favorite 4 active frames (battery info, device monitor etc) and leave them open all the time. Then to use the bottom 4 spots as the fast app switcher
    Last edited by nah.uhh; 08-23-14 at 12:38 AM.
    olivopuccino likes this.
    08-22-14 11:48 PM
    Do you mean you don't like that the phone defaults to the wallpaper screen instead of the menu and app grid when you say "..menu on the right opening up fully"?

You know you can enable or disable this behaviour using the setting under "select home screen wallpaper".

Attachment 292761

Posted via CB10
    No he means when you long press an item, the old behaviour was for the menu to peek and you'd have to take action. Now the menu shows itself in its entirety. Blackberry is removing the think points in the OS. For those of us who wants to continue the flow this doesn't bother us. Long press and slide right over prevents the menu from auto expanding. All these are behaviors that we can quickly adjust to.

Also whilst multitasking was fast and efficient with the previous OS because apps rotated based on most recent.... I must admit it is very refreshing to have apps where I left them. Also this gives active frames a widget like ability. If I should have 8 apps working with it becomes second nature to know where an app is rather than having to keep up with the former cascading effect.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 02:22 AM
    And what if I just open what I need and don't want to remember their place every time?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 07:05 AM
    Oh man I feel like I might be one of the few that loves the new Active Frame placement. The only way Active Frames that update at a regular interval are useful is if they stay in one place. That way you always know where to look. If they just keep rearranging you never know where they end up, with this new system I can make sure the top four frames are always the ones I use most.
    An option to let the user choose would be nice, but so far we have hardly gotten those kind of options in BB10 (took long enough for the Lockscreen Wallpaper setting). If I had to choose between the old and the new system, the latter works way better for me.

And the menu auto-expansion I am still in doubt about. It was nice to have only the icons show up. But for apps that use more than the list can show (File manager for example) it is nice that you can now easily scroll the list. But it does take up a lot of space automatically now, for little reason. Probably they did this because "people" did not understand how to swipe out the menu for themselves, they have made changes like that before because the gestures were too difficult.
    08-23-14 08:18 AM
    And the menu auto-expansion I am still in doubt about. It was nice to have only the icons show up. But for apps that use more than the list can show (File manager for example) it is nice that you can now easily scroll the list. But it does take up a lot of space automatically now, for little reason.
    The auto-expansion is annoying. Not only that it auto-expands but also the items in the small icon menu are reordered.
    I can't be that hard to make this configurable in the Display settings. It might be good for the beginning when you don't know what the icons means but after a while it's distracting
    09-10-15 11:23 PM
    The auto-expansion is annoying. Not only that it auto-expands but also the items in the small icon menu are reordered.
    I can't be that hard to make this configurable in the Display settings. It might be good for the beginning when you don't know what the icons means but after a while it's distracting
    This is a year old topic and no longer relevant as no one should be on 10.3.0 anyways

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 11:54 PM
    This is a year old topic and no longer relevant as no one should be on 10.3.0 anyways

Posted via CB10
    That's right, it's an old topic but still relevant as I see exactly this behaviour in 10.3.2.2474 to which I just upgraded from 10.2.1.

Or am I missing something and you can disable this behaviour now? If so, can you let me know as I haven't found anything.
    09-12-15 01:56 AM
    Start a new topic. So people who are using the new leak can see as not many people are gonna look in an old os topic for a problem on a new os

Posted via CB10
    allwi likes this.
    09-12-15 06:32 AM