06-20-13 11:18 AM
38 12
tools
    OP / Kris,

Does 10.2 still animate to the active frames first than to fullscreen when opening apps on the versions you have? Like Kevin described in one of his BB10 reviews, I'm not a fan of the seemingly unnecessary added fluff to the active frames just to start up an app. If I have to startup an app from my app list, I think it's more efficient to not make any pit stops and just open up fullscreen already. On the topic of 10.2, do you think there's a chance that BlackBerry will add the in-app app switcher similar to the one used in the PBOS? I found that like the alt+tab shortcut on a PC, it's a fast way to multitask between 2-3 apps. The side bezels are there but in 10.1 and lower they're usefulness is limited.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    06-19-13 12:54 PM
    they should give you a job and fly you over to Waterloo and give you your own office so you can whip BBRY back to where it should be again!
    I would definitely be kicking some asses at waterloo but I still think they are doing an amazing job all together

Posted via my awesome community driven Q10
    06-19-13 01:41 PM
    OP / Kris,

Does 10.2 still animate to the active frames first than to fullscreen when opening apps on the versions you have? Like Kevin described in one of his BB10 reviews, I'm not a fan of the seemingly unnecessary added fluff to the active frames just to start up an app. If I have to startup an app from my app list, I think it's more efficient to not make any pit stops and just open up fullscreen already. On the topic of 10.2, do you think there's a chance that BlackBerry will add the in-app app switcher similar to the one used in the PBOS? I found that like the alt+tab shortcut on a PC, it's a fast way to multitask between 2-3 apps. The side bezels are there but in 10.1 and lower they're usefulness is limited.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    Yes it still animates if I remember correctly.

As for switching apps, I agree a gesture swipe (maybe two fingers?) to switch between apps on the fly and not go back to the active frames all the time would be cool. As well as a keyboard shortcut like on the older legacy devices.

This may be more possible after headless api gets released

jay_men likes this.
    06-19-13 01:43 PM
    Hi all
    Been running Alpha 10.2 ( on my stl 100-4 Veizon) since it was made available ( Thanks Kris ). Love this 10.2 NO dropped calls , no sms mms issues and yes very smooth. Had great battery life until 2 days ago . Last 2 days , with no changes to the device im getting about 1/3 the life on a full charge . Went from 1 full charge in AM and use all day with next charge the following morning to needing 2 additional full charges to make it thru the day. As I said no changes to the device , only 1 app installed , CB 10 , Any ideas people ?
    06-19-13 02:17 PM
    Hi all
    Been running Alpha 10.2 ( on my stl 100-4 Veizon) since it was made available ( Thanks Kris ). Love this 10.2 NO dropped calls , no sms mms issues and yes very smooth. Had great battery life until 2 days ago . Last 2 days , with no changes to the device im getting about 1/3 the life on a full charge . Went from 1 full charge in AM and use all day with next charge the following morning to needing 2 additional full charges to make it thru the day. As I said no changes to the device , only 1 app installed , CB 10 , Any ideas people ?
    Sounds like a app didn't shut down properly, have you tried a hard reset of the device yet? Also check your sync times in emails, and anything that has them.

06-19-13 02:25 PM
    Where can I get 10.2

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 02:41 PM
    Hey Kris thanks for your reply. Yes I did a hard reset yesterday . The email sync is set at 30 min . I just realized this all started the morning after I used the alarm clock for the 1st , and only , time .not sure if it is related or not . Very strange cuz like I said battery life was awesome ?
    06-19-13 02:55 PM
    06-19-13 02:59 PM
    BTW, if anyone wants to nominate me for the BB Elite program

https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...lite/join.html

Just putting it out there lol
    Nominated. For all the good work done ... and for all the future releases :-)
    06-19-13 03:19 PM
    I've been running 10.2 alpha on my z10 for several days. Overall I'm very pleased with the changes over 10.1. It is smooth and fast. I've found one thing thats not working exactly right.

BlackBerry World - I've installed several updates but the update notice doesn't go away. The other thing is Skype and CNN apps won't show up in BB world.

No biggie for me but wondering if this is my bug or a known bug across most users.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 04:05 PM
    I've been running 10.2 alpha on my z10 for several days. Overall I'm very pleased with the changes over 10.1. It is smooth and fast. I've found one thing thats not working exactly right.

BlackBerry World - I've installed several updates but the update notice doesn't go away. The other thing is Skype and CNN apps won't show up in BB world.

No biggie for me but wondering if this is my bug or a known bug across most users.

Posted via CB10
    A known bug definitely, it's what we all sacrifice for being cutting edge

06-19-13 04:13 PM
    Nope BlackBerry wouldn't make me an elite member after all these leaks lol even though I'd keep my mouth shut if I was to be a elite member and signed that nda lol
    For the "service" you (and the others) provide for BBRY, they should have you all on speed dial. I am willing to bet CB nation provides the most thorough feedback on leaks and whatever else that BBRY needs to improve their OS and barring any legal ramifications, it is incomprehensible that you guys are not elite members. It is good that BBRY staff supposedly read these forums but clearly, that is not good enough.

As an aside, Kevin's editorial piece on the update fragmentation is something that Thor and his executives should have on their desk for immediate action. From where else does BBRY execs get that kind of logical, practical and effective analysis of a current problem and its immediate and long-term ramifications?
    06-20-13 11:11 AM
    Where can I get 10.2
    Let me guess, you didn't bother to look at the thread titles in the "BB10 Leaked/Beta OS" forum, right? Sheesh!
    06-20-13 11:18 AM
38 12