08-12-13 07:12 AM
82 1234
tools
    Oops, I think my post never made it through: can someone please post a screenshot of what the toasts looks like.

Posted via CB using a Q10
    08-06-13 08:42 PM
    Can someone put a screenshot of the toast notifications please? I keep hearing people mentioning them.

Posted via CB using a Q10

10.2 Toast Notifications + Interactive Preview-img_00000496.png

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 08:48 PM
    Interesting. Thanks.

That could be quite useful. That combined with the lock screen that has all the info.

I still really miss these icons (ex: yellow 94 mail, and 2 text):

10.2 Toast Notifications + Interactive Preview-bb10b.jpg
    08-06-13 10:46 PM
    I think some of you'll are missing the idea behind ACTIONABLE TOASTS. As previously stated by someone, if you're doing something (ACTION) the toast notification pops up, and you spread your jelly on it.

Now, if your phone is locked/asleep and on the table or in your pocket... (You're not in ACTION), no need to spread your jelly or wake the screen. We've had the trusty LED forever now. No need to change that.

I also agree, I don't want prying eyes reading my messages, nor do I want anyone else's jelly on my toast. LOL

I do however like the gyroscopic thought process.
    I think we have heard enough about you spreading your jelly...! that's just plain rude

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    08-07-13 06:59 PM
    Just got my first actionable notification (I don't get many BBMs or texts), and it was really exciting!

Also, quick reply box was using what appears to be the dark theme. I wasn't too fussed before, but now I kinda do want the option to use it on my Z10. Not for everything, but it's really slick looking.

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    08-07-13 11:42 PM
    I think I posted my problem in the wrong thread before I found this one, my interactive lock screen notifications don't stay switched on. I switch them on in settings and then go back, but they're off if I click into the setting again and it only stays on if I stay on the screen and minimise it into an active frame.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 05:27 AM
    This is a known issue - it shows that the lock screen notifications are turned off while in reality they are turned on. You can't turn them off however.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 05:59 AM
    Toast works for email,fb, text, and bbm. Only text and bbm are actionable.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 09:46 AM
    Toast works for email,fb, text, and bbm. Only text and bbm are actionable.

Posted via CB10
    What do mean by only text and BBM are actionable? I can click on a pop up email notification and respond. Is there something different with BBM and text that I'm missing?

I wouldn't know about fb. Don't use it enough to have gotten anything.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 10:22 AM
    this is really nice i dint like long bracket type line and i thing need color references that will look more nicer and mature
    08-11-13 10:31 AM
    What do mean by only text and BBM are actionable? I can click on a pop up email notification and respond. Is there something different with BBM and text that I'm missing?

Posted via CB10
    With text and bbm you can click the small arrow to the left of the x and reply without having to enter the hub.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    08-11-13 10:38 AM
    With text and bbm you can click the small arrow to the left of the x and reply without having to enter the hub.

Posted via CB10
    I have noticed that the arrow is not always there for BBM and text for me. I cannot figure out why. Any ideas?

BB10, Z10
    08-11-13 10:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Cool. I didn't know that. So this 10.2 is even better than I already thought. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 10:53 AM
    I have noticed that the arrow is not always there for BBM and text for me. I cannot figure out why. Any ideas?

BB10, Z10
    I don't, I have never seen it not be there. Were you running a 10.2 build previously? Did it work on that if so? Also if you did a restore that seems like it can bog some stuff up.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 11:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    With Text and BBM if you click on the small arrow you can reply directly to the message instead of going into the hub. Seems like some people don't know about this cool feature
    Vorkosigan and ryanza like this.
    08-11-13 12:21 PM
    With Text and BBM if you click on the small arrow you can reply directly to the message instead of going into the hub. Seems like some people don't know about this cool feature
    Could some take a screen shot the quick reply? I couldn't find any videos on YouTube.
    08-11-13 12:53 PM
    And the new (to me, coming from .4543) copy-paste is kickass too.
    I found the old sidebar copy/paste to be easier to use. The new way is ok... But they need to make the Cut/Copy/Paste/Select All buttons larger somehow. The beauty of the sidebar "flyout" menus is you can SEE what you are selecting without your finger covering it up.
    Gerii likes this.
    08-11-13 12:56 PM
    I can't believe after all the hard work and innovation and everything that blackberry has tried with these new features, there's some people that are whining because it doesn't turn itself on when it's lying on a table. Does it have to stand up and do a little jig for you?

Posted via SEGA master system
    08-11-13 01:05 PM
    I found the old sidebar copy/paste to be easier to use. The new way is ok... But they need to make the Cut/Copy/Paste/Select All buttons larger somehow. The beauty of the sidebar "flyout" menus is you can SEE what you are selecting without your finger covering it up.
    The new one sucks. It is always in the way and I find it less accurate than the old one. Many times I have had trouble getting it (the selection menu) up! That's what she said, badoom cha!

08-11-13 02:22 PM
    The new one sucks. It is always in the way and I find it less accurate than the old one. Many times I have had trouble getting it (the selection menu) up! That's what she said, badoom cha!

When you say trouble getting the menu up do you mean to paste? If you tap to bring up the cursor moving circle and then hold down in the circle it should work.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 02:57 PM
    Could some take a screen shot the quick reply? I couldn't find any videos on YouTube.

10.2 Toast Notifications + Interactive Preview-img_00001303_edit_edit.png

I just cropped the name off on the BB10 native editor to make it quick and easy for me.

Posted via CB10
    webber35 likes this.
    08-11-13 03:07 PM
    When you say trouble getting the menu up do you mean to paste? If you tap to bring up the cursor moving circle and then hold down in the circle it should work.

Posted via CB10
    Yes,shouldn't have to bring up the circle, an extra step that was previously not required.

And let's not talk about the spiraling circle of the keyboard suddenly popping up and then disappearing not allowing you to tap the right part of the screen.

08-11-13 03:32 PM
    I agree but we are still pre release here. Let's wait a little while before judging.

I don't have the issue of the keyboard popping up. Honestly I've been on 10.2 and tapping before holding is just muscle memory now.... tap hold paste. all one motion!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 03:41 PM
    I love the new copy and paste features. Much more accurate and user friendly.

Posted via CB10
    ryanza likes this.
    08-11-13 03:41 PM
    I love the new copy and paste features. Much more accurate and user friendly.

Posted via CB10
    ^^^ Unlike. Lol.
    08-11-13 03:52 PM
82 1234