08-12-13 08:12 AM
82 1234
tools
    Okay, this is a thread because I just don't know a better way to explain how wonderfully simple yet powerful these two features are. Have said this in the original thread before - these features deserve an adjective of their own: Awesomazing.
    MIght I suggest my favorite....awesomeniferous
    08-05-13 01:01 AM
    If you are worried about some info getting out, how about being able to block some contacts messages? Or a keyword list, some words trigger a private message.

BlackBerry 10 Slider where are you??
    08-05-13 01:23 AM
    For the quick reply what happens when you get 2 messages sent at the same time or within a close time frame what happens??
    08-05-13 06:18 AM
    mine doesn't stay on either, am I missing something?
    To Glimer4

I see the toggle for Interactive Notifications but when toggled to ON position it doesn't stay on. I have previews working on lock screen when pressing icon for Email, SMS other but like OP would like to see something display for few seconds when my device is in standby (display off)

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 08:47 AM
    They probably didn't enable the on/off toggle for this build, as interactive notifications are likely something they're testing with this one, and why would you let people turn it off if you're testing the feature? Obviously it won't be like this in the official release version.
    08-05-13 08:59 AM
    Get one of those BlackBerry leather or microfibre cases and when you start pulling it out the screen will turn on.
    Or just add a magnet to your jeans and it should do the same.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:07 AM
    For the quick reply what happens when you get 2 messages sent at the same time or within a close time frame what happens??
    Good question. I know back when I was on webOS the pop up notifications would stack at the bottom of my phone, and would 'stick' until you swiped them away. I like the fact that in BB10 they only stick around for a few seconds. It also is cool how we can reply without leaving the current app. That's a new one for me. Loving the quick reply! And unlike Android we don't need a third party app because it's baked in to the OS!

Has anyone caught the 'slide left to delete a word' has a cool delete animation that flies across now? Small details like that make it ever more awesome to use.
    08-05-13 09:19 AM
    On the ZED that would use way to much battery.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    Who cares if it consumes battery, make it an option! We are not here to stay with z10 and stay the way we are but to "keep moving " upgrading! Make valuable features because it may be that the Z10 won't handle the consumption of battery of this feature. But how about the next Gen BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10 app on my Z10 Stl100-1 on 10.2.0.1047
    08-05-13 11:00 AM
    Ohhh yeah maybe for some they will find that feature interesting but it could be really scary if someone watches your messages behind your back... especially if it were steamy messages with your mistress lol

Posted via CB10
    Lol, you may be right. But at least optional. That wouldn't hurt right?

08-05-13 11:02 AM
    Not really. What you have on the iPhone is just the notification pop-up, and it is just that. You can't do much with it other than tap and read? The whole point here is 'actionable' notifications on the go, and that is sweet.

Posted via CB10
    Are you guys forgetting about the other top smartphone? Android Galaxy? They do have this feature and it does turn the screen on when an msg is received (screen turns onToast notification write message Send dissappear. )

08-05-13 11:09 AM
    I would prefer this....

Unlike the iPhone which doesn't have an LED, they need to use the LED and Notifications together. If it is sitting on a desk and you get a message, it should flash the LED only and not activate the screen & show the message unless you tilt up or touch the screen within a few seconds. If mounted in a car (so vertical), it would be the same.
    That would be a killer feature.

Posted via CB10
    You my friend are a genius! Lol. Love this idea! I think it should be brought up for discussion!

08-05-13 11:11 AM
    I would prefer this....

Unlike the iPhone which doesn't have an LED, they need to use the LED and Notifications together. If it is sitting on a desk and you get a message, it should flash the LED only and not activate the screen & show the message unless you tilt up or touch the screen within a few seconds. If mounted in a car (so vertical), it would be the same.
    That would be a killer feature.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah this was called ''cinnamon toast'' they had design for it and everything but they abandoned it.Now they are doing actionable notifications I think they can add this feature in now.They should bring back ''cinnamon toast''.
    bmantz65 and BigRob673 like this.
    08-05-13 11:35 AM
    I think some of you'll are missing the idea behind ACTIONABLE TOASTS. As previously stated by someone, if you're doing something (ACTION) the toast notification pops up, and you spread your jelly on it.

Now, if your phone is locked/asleep and on the table or in your pocket... (You're not in ACTION), no need to spread your jelly or wake the screen. We've had the trusty LED forever now. No need to change that.

I also agree, I don't want prying eyes reading my messages, nor do I want anyone else's jelly on my toast. LOL

I do however like the gyroscopic thought process.
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    08-05-13 05:49 PM
    Honestly the led is one of the things I missed most when I left BlackBerry back during the 9530 fiasco. With led customizing apps and my holster I don't even need to pull my phone out to know if I have an email, sms, fb notification, or anything else for that matter.

One of the things that used to drive me insane about the older versions of ios was that damn blue pop up for every sms. When apple went to the banner style it was better but still had to leave the app to do anything about it, then having to click the home button various amounts of times to get back to where I was became a serious pita. Although jailbroken, messages+ was awesome but I digress.

I do think people should have a screen activation option upon incoming notifications if it would suit the majority. It's not for me personally but whatever floats your boat ya know.

What I do wish was that I could see the entire sms that is being delivered so if I choose to answer using the toast method I'll know exactly what I'm answering as opposed to just the first 6 words.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:09 PM
    I love these features

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:10 PM
    I don't think it's the actionable part being referred to. By default your screen lights up and displays your newest message--something not conducive to privacy-- and I think tht's the main issue here.

Channel Pin: C0001A853
    08-05-13 11:12 PM
    If you get two messages at the same time the 2nd of the two replaces the first in the quick action pop up (interactive Preview). You can reply to BBM's and text messages directly from the Interactive Preview but not to emails. The IP will stay on the screen for a few seconds but if you click reply it stays there. For emails you can click the IP and it will take you to the email in the HUB
    RECOOL likes this.
    08-06-13 03:37 AM
    I think exactly what you guys are talking about will indeed be in the official release of 10.2, it would be crazy for it not to. And if it's not, it will come soon because I KNOW the Z30 will have it, it has to....it's the "Samsung Killer". The Z10 is already bludgeoning the iPhone to death. lol, we're gonna get it guys, don't worry.
    08-06-13 03:41 AM
    None of my notifications seems to allow replying. I just get a message pop-up and when I touch it it takes me to the message. What am I missing?
    08-06-13 02:08 PM
    None of my notifications seems to allow replying. I just get a message pop-up and when I touch it it takes me to the message. What am I missing?
    Tap the little arrow.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 02:22 PM
    Tap the little arrow.

Posted via CB10
    I don't get any arrows - just the notification and an "X" on the right.
    08-06-13 02:27 PM
    I don't get any arrows - just the notification and an "X" on the right.
    I too do not see the arrow, just the message notification and an "x".

I upgraded to 10.2.0.1047 using sachesi and not an autoloader.
    Last edited by seanasay; 08-07-13 at 02:21 AM.
    08-06-13 07:30 PM
    Apparently it only works for Sms and BBM. Not for email.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 07:39 PM
    Can someone put a screenshot of the toast notifications please? I keep hearing people mentioning them.

Posted via CB using a Q10
    08-06-13 07:41 PM
    I too do not see the arrow, just the message notification and an "x".

I upgraded to 10.2.0.1407 using sachesi and not an autoloader.
    1407? Provide a link please. Lol

Posted via CB10 Rockin a Z10 on 10.2.0.1047 Leaked by the brilliant Elite Team!
    08-06-13 07:51 PM
82 1234