08-12-13 07:12 AM
82 123 ...
tools
    Okay, this is a thread because I just don't know a better way to explain how wonderfully simple yet powerful these two features are. Have said this in the original thread before - these features deserve an adjective of their own: Awesomazing.

And the new (to me, coming from .4543) copy-paste is kickass too.

Posted via CB10
    kimoi, ryanza, robkd and 1 others like this.
    08-04-13 04:55 AM
    +10000000

this has to be hands down one of the ebst features of the phone, after all.. this is a messaging device .. and messaging capabilities have just been made more powerful...

whats nice also, is that its really well done, nice background with contact pic and information next to it... very well designed, and definetly on par with something the competition would create in terms of animations and looks.. not just a boring popup..

so yh.. amazing
    08-04-13 05:57 AM
    Agreed! But!

It would be nice if my phone is laying on the table my screen goes on when I get a notification so I don't have to do it my self

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 05:58 AM
    Well under Q10, you just need to press one of the numeric keys, the lock screen will on to show the awesome features. No need to swipe or press top button..
    LROBLES46 likes this.
    08-04-13 06:09 AM
    Well under Q10, you just need to press one of the numeric keys, the lock screen will on to show the awesome features. No need to swipe or press top button..
    Ah yea but I have z10

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 06:13 AM
    Ah yea but I have z10

Posted via CB10
    Just press the power button if you don't want to swipe up.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 06:18 AM
    Just press the power button if you don't want to swipe up.

Posted via CB10
    Yea I know but automatically turn option would be nice

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 06:20 AM
    This is on an iPhone by default... go check their forums to see what they think about that...

From the Z...
    08-04-13 06:23 AM
    Yea I know but automatically turn option would be nice

Posted via CB10
    On the ZED that would use way to much battery.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    08-04-13 06:27 AM
    Agreed! But!

It would be nice if my phone is laying on the table my screen goes on when I get a notification so I don't have to do it my self

Posted via CB10
    Ohhh yeah maybe for some they will find that feature interesting but it could be really scary if someone watches your messages behind your back... especially if it were steamy messages with your mistress lol

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 06:29 AM
    Ohhh yeah maybe for some they will find that feature interesting but it could be really scary if someone watches your messages behind your back... especially if it were steamy messages with your mistress lol

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha true ;p

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 06:59 AM
    I also would like to see this feature made available, or at least an option to enable disable in display or notification settings.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 07:06 AM
    I also would like to see this feature made available, or at least an option to enable disable in display or notification settings.

Posted via CB10
    You have this under notification setting..you can slide off the instant previews setting..
    08-04-13 07:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lmao, Agreed!

Posted via CB10
    Suraj Jadhav likes this.
    08-04-13 07:20 AM
    This is on an iPhone by default... go check their forums to see what they think about that...

From the Z...
    Your right, but correct me if I'm wrong, a big difference with the ios toast is that you can't do anything with it, you just click it and it opens that message

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 07:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wish I had to worry about that.
    08-04-13 07:38 AM
    I wish it was password sensitive.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    08-04-13 07:48 AM
    I would prefer this....

Unlike the iPhone which doesn't have an LED, they need to use the LED and Notifications together. If it is sitting on a desk and you get a message, it should flash the LED only and not activate the screen & show the message unless you tilt up or touch the screen within a few seconds. If mounted in a car (so vertical), it would be the same.
    That would be a killer feature.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 08:01 AM
    I'm satisfied with what it is now with the toast. We already have led to notify us if there's a message without turning on the screen to avoid spying eyes.

I think the purpose of the toast is you can be notified if there's a message comes in while you're doing other thing on your phone and if the message is important we can reply directly without having to leave the screen, more efficient rather than have to swipe and go into the hub.

Posted via CB10
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    08-04-13 08:30 AM
    This presents an interesting scenario imo. From the rumoured specs for the Aristo, it seems like they'll be using amoled displays. You can kinda tell with the UI changes in 10.2 that they are moving UI elements to the edge of the displays. Having amoled (deeper blacks) means the UI would look ok even with bezels.

Thinking about moto X, the notifications seems to pop up whenever u pull your phone out of the pocket. Perhaps by proximity sensor, and maybe more. I could see BlackBerry doing something along those lines. When it sense that you've pulled you phone out, it shows your notification. Not hard to imagine. Just set a black background now on your bb10 device. What's left in white, would be what they show.

This way users don't even have to press a button, or swipe up from the bottom bezel to see their notifications. Combined with actionable notification (instant reply), this mean that it will reduce the need to manually check for notifications. The phone will show you your new notifications for you.

Posted via CB10
    LazyEvul and dezzilak like this.
    08-04-13 08:45 AM

From the Z...
    Not really. What you have on the iPhone is just the notification pop-up, and it is just that. You can't do much with it other than tap and read? The whole point here is 'actionable' notifications on the go, and that is sweet.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:01 AM
    Agreed! But!

Posted via CB10
    Cinnamon toast. FTW.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    08-04-13 09:59 AM
    To Glimer4

I see the toggle for Interactive Notifications but when toggled to ON position it doesn't stay on. I have previews working on lock screen when pressing icon for Email, SMS other but like OP would like to see something display for few seconds when my device is in standby (display off)

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 10:13 AM
    with another phone, it's very inconvenient when need to push the power button, but with me BB10 is OK because we just swipe a little up and the screen will display.
    auto wake screen may cause any error when put phone in pocket.
    08-04-13 11:18 AM
    I'd like to see the option for the screen to light up with an incoming message.

Now after some thinking what I'd like to see is the screen lights up but just the icon shows, not the entire message. That way you can see what type of message it is, but not worry about spying eyes. A simple tap would show the message. It would also be interactive so tapping on the message itself would bring you to that message in the hub.

Now I know BlackBerry was working on using the gyroscope to show more or less of the message, which I admit would be totally awesome, but I don't think they could get it to work as smoothly as they had hoped. If they were able to fix it, that would just be the icing on the cake.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 02:37 PM
82 123 ...