Hi there,

Don't know if this has been raised before, but I'll say it here anyway.

I think for us many BB users, adding a slide to call/text/BBM/BBM video call back feature on their locked screen(missed calls, voicemail calls, text, MMS), etc. would be a great productivity and efficiency tool.

Not saying that iOS 7 is the platform to look forward to (in fact their weather app is based on BeWeather app lol). But some cues to learn from. Simplicity and minimalism are key, once again:

Also would be great to have natively built into 10.2:

1. A Blackberry Stock app
    2. Blackberry book store (like iBooks)
    3. Blackberry maps with transit and walking directions
    4. Panorama feature included in Camera app
    5. ability to set pictures taken with aforementioned Panorama feature as home screen/welcome screen image
    6. A Note and Voice recorder app
    7. Find My Blackberry app
    8. Search function on pull down tray
    09-02-13 06:43 PM
    6. A Note and Voice recorder app
    7. Find My Blackberry app
    6. Remember -> Voice Note
    7. Settings -> BlackBerry Protect
    n8tiveg likes this.
    09-02-13 06:49 PM
    6. Remember -> Voice Note
    7. Settings -> BlackBerry Protect
    • I understand where you're getting at, but one has to go to the Remember app, then voice record. Kinda of a hassle isn't it?
    • Blackberry Protect needs an app or shortcut.
    09-02-13 07:35 PM
    • I understand where you're getting at, but one has to go to the Remember app, then voice record. Kinda of a hassle isn't it?
    • Blackberry Protect needs an app or shortcut.
    Two taps is a hassle?

IMO, BlackBerry Protect should be in the system setup on the same screen as location settings.
    09-02-13 07:38 PM
    Two taps is a hassle?

IMO, BlackBerry Protect should be in the system setup on the same screen as location settings.
    For those who want Voice Record on the fly that is.

If you look at iPhone (here we go again), the Find My iPhone app is conveniently located as a app shortcut and an app itself. Speaks volumes of how Apple has thought over of providing emergency relief by putting an icon there.
    09-03-13 01:47 AM
    the difference is protect is baked into the BB10 OS which in my opinion is much better, also the voice notes and remember app can be accessed directly from voice control, just hold the mute key to launch (between vol + and vol -)
    09-03-13 04:20 AM
    I think BlackBerry should really concentrate on developing as many "staple" apps for BlackBerry 10 as much as it can. Make a native stocks app, books app, etc. In addition, add features to the existing ones and make them really impressive. Most, if not, all BlackBerry-made BlackBerry 10 apps should have dynamic Active Frames and should make full use of the Cascades framework. BlackBerry should set the standard for which good third-party apps should aspire to become and surpass.

Just as an aside, in my opinion, the call notification and the way to answer calls on BlackBerry 10 is way better than on iOS 7. I absolutely love the way we get incoming calls on BB10!
    gng11 and BB12MX like this.
    09-03-13 05:38 PM
    Hi there,

[*] Search function on pull down tray[/LIST]
    No need for a search pull down tray... search is right on the bottom of the screen next to phone and camera buttons....

That's the first thing you see when you wake up your phone....

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    09-03-13 05:49 PM
    Two taps is a hassle?

This the type of thinking that got Blackberry in trouble. Why not offer a settings tap where users can split the app up? I personally hate the remember app. I want it the way the legacy OS had it. And I'm sure there's thousands of others that would go back to separation.
    09-03-13 08:23 PM
    Why would you want a "find my BlackBerry" app? If you've lost your BlackBerry, chances are that you wouldn't be using that same device to locate it, thereby eliminating the need for a "find my BlackBerry" icon. I could, however, see a use for an app where you could login to your bbid and use the blackberry protect services, if that's what you had meant.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 09:00 PM
    I just want BlackBerry 10 to not be a simple and plain app switcher.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-03-13 09:08 PM
    BlackBerry Protect is supposed to sit quietly in the background. It's by design and it's perfect that way. I see it more as a service and the only reason for an icon is due to backups and restore and enable tracking (which I think shouldn't be an option to toggle

Let's say someone steals my precious, and I didn't have a lock code and the dog guessed the correct password - he could easily turn off BlackBerry Protect services off.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shivers1zn; 09-04-13 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Realized I was still half asleep typing this out on CB10 lol
    BB12MX likes this.
    09-04-13 12:29 AM
    Why would you want a "find my BlackBerry" app? If you've lost your BlackBerry, chances are that you wouldn't be using that same device to locate it, thereby eliminating the need for a "find my BlackBerry" icon. I could, however, see a use for an app where you could login to your bbid and use the blackberry protect services, if that's what you had meant.

Posted via CB10
    I meant by both. If you have a app that could be used on someone else's Blackberry, then chances are you could find your phone via that method. Hence if every BB had an app like that, some people could be treated to dinner because they helped someone find their precious phone.

And yes, an app where you could also use to login and use BB protect. But GPS locating your phone is pure bliss and a big life saver.
    09-04-13 02:02 AM