Has anyone found a work around on the latest 10.2 leak to allow messages being sent to iOS and Android BBM users, I am able to send and receive invites, I can accept, as can they, I see all their updates, receive their messages but I am not able to sent any kind of message I get the red X.

I have not got any beta BBM channel installed. So is there any fix for this?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 02:16 PM
    09-22-13 02:19 PM
    Try changing your screen name in BlackBerry ID. It worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 02:24 PM
    Changing BBID hasn't worked for me. Does anyone have the 10.1 BBM Bar file the one in the PSA Post link does not work.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 03:09 PM
    Neither method have worked both bar files still don't allow messages being sent to iOS users, I'm guessing there is no workaround for leak users atm

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 03:35 PM
    On BBM channels....

This is my PSA. I plan to spread it around. Ban me if you will.

I'm generally a pretty loyal BlackBerry user and I've been using their phones for a very long time. I'm proud of the avro arrow, Nortel, the canadarm and rim all the same.

I think channels is an awesome idea. If you have it, hopefully you agree. I don't have Facebook, instagram only to heart my gf's pics (happy wife, happy life), and twitter only to check the traffic. But I can see a great tool, even if I don't have a particular use for them.

My suggestion for all the channel beta users (I am one of them and painfully follow my own advice) is to subscribe to as many corporate channels, marketing channels and any other channel you can think of. I couldn't think of a better way to sell it to the brave companies that are spending their own capital to see if a new trend will buck. I almost feel like it's a duty of a good Canadian and a loyal BlackBerry user.

I've seen Google and apple take blackberry to the wall over the passed 6 years with various means (other than making pretty darn good phones). They pay developers to not develop for BlackBerry, filter negative and positive reviews and articles through search engines, and have done an amazing job of ruining rim's social image in general with corporate online bullying. And it's worked to a heavy degree. Which is why I'm so impressed that the company has survived this long while being attacked from every conceivable side.

I never had Beta, but I heard it was good. Let's not wait for the "blueray" of smart phones to come along in 7 years and thousands of dollars later when we can enjoy the Beta of phones right now.

Support BBM channels like a protest in the middle east. Spread the word and subscribe.

(you may ban me now for hijacking this thread)
    NightSlayer likes this.
    09-22-13 04:59 PM
    Could have at least told me a workaround smh

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 06:07 PM
    iphone and blackberry with channels are working now.
    09-22-13 08:50 PM
    iphone and blackberry with channels are working now.
    Confirmed
    09-22-13 08:51 PM
    I don't even have BBM channels and it isn't even working for me I still can't send messages, but instead of getting red Xs I am getting a grey tick now

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:04 PM