01-17-14 08:45 PM
136 ... 3456
tools
    As the PlayBook is not "officially" EOL and is a current device on the website.......
    ^^ this is recurring ... oh, wait, there's a smiley
    01-14-14 04:14 AM
    Like from OS 7 to BB10.

Android did it from 1.0 to 1.6, and from 2.3 to 4.0.
    Poor android Honeycomb.
    It went from being a highly anticipated os to apparently never existing.

Android 3.0 was very much there and real. It was a tablet os and the majority of android users would not have seen it.
    I think android tablets took off when 4.0 was starting to be used

Posted via CB10
    byransays and tigrute like this.
    01-14-14 04:57 AM
    Rebranding it to QNX makes sense. This will help tie it into the other areas where QNX is currently used and create broader brand awareness. Also QNX can theoretically be the name of the OS, just like iOS. They can then just affix a version number to it (QNX 11, 12, etc, similar to iOS 6, 7, etc).
    I'm not sure about it since they created a special "division" for QNX alone.
    More, QNX is intended to be a "silent" brand. It is a platform that must vanish its name behind the integrator. You won't see QNX anywhere in Mercedes infotainement system, for example.
    01-14-14 06:30 AM
    Would be more accurate as Googleberry
    BerryJelly ?
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-14-14 06:39 AM
    What happens when they are at 10.10? Will they go bb11 ?

Posted Via CB10 Running On Z10STL100-2 Using OS Version 10.2.1.1925
    01-14-14 06:51 AM
    BerryJelly ?
    BlackBean.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-14-14 06:57 AM
    No one said BB10.3 was the end of BB. I only pointed out that it was the last of BB10
    I've very very careful with my wording. If you read carefully you'll see what I mean
    That's what I mean. Chen specifically said going forward it is only going to be BB10. From a rebranding perspective it wouldn't make sense to suddenly call it something else. BlackBerry needs to show the market that they are sticking with their urrent current platform in order to bolster confidence in said platform. You can't be asking app developers to develop apps for BlackBerry 10 and then making the confusing move of changing the name. So until I hear something concrete coming from Michael Clewley or John Chen I have to dismiss this as fantasy. Just doesn't make sense to do with the company in this position.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 07:01 AM
    What happens when they are at 10.10? Will they go bb11 ?

Posted Via CB10 Running On Z10STL100-2 Using OS Version 10.2.1.1925
    For you my friend, I'm afraid not. It will be 10.11 till 10.99. And that would be at least 10 years. Even if they do it in 3 years it will be called 10.991. Later 10.999. Next 10.9991 and so on.. so stop with this nonsense BlackBerry 10 will stay BlackBerry 10 till they die!!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 07:30 AM
    That's what I mean. Chen specifically said going forward it is only going to be BB10. From a rebranding perspective it wouldn't make sense to suddenly call it something else. BlackBerry needs to show the market that they are sticking with their urrent current platform in order to bolster confidence in said platform. You can't be asking app developers to develop apps for BlackBerry 10 and then making the confusing move of changing the name. So until I hear something concrete coming from Michael Clewley or John Chen I have to dismiss this as fantasy. Just doesn't make sense to do with the company in this position.

Posted via CB10
    It's still going to be BlackBerry 10.
    It would have made no sense if he had called it something else before a rebranding.
    It will be BlackBerry 10. And when it us rebranded it will be called something else. But the only thing that will change will be the name. The contents will be the same.

I think some people here are over thinking that comment

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 07:36 AM
    They might go back to rim and call it the me.
    As in rim me. Lol
    01-14-14 09:19 AM
    Like from OS 7 to BB10.

Well, that (BB10) is a new platform and OS altogether. I'm talking about the Legacy OS and changes/updates 4.0- 4.5- 5.0- 6.0- 7.0- 7.1. The numbers in between these listed are what I'm talking about. Anyway, you get the point with Android.
    01-14-14 09:36 AM
    They might go back to rim and call it the me.
    As in rim me. Lol
    You filthy begger!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 10:34 AM
    After 10.3.0, they will abandon the BB10 name completely apparently...
    I think people should better read your first coment. I am reading carefully, but completely apparently is not so easy to be understood. maybe beacuse of my poor English?

By
    01-14-14 11:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Think of it this way. If BB decides to license the OS to low teir devices, would the manufacturers want it to be called BB10 or QNX10?
    It makes perfect sense from my perspective. No, BB made it very clear it's not going to ever be android BB, for those who were wondering
    I hate to say this, but if you wait for Michael Clewley (hell, he probably isn't even involved in this) or John Chen to announce everything, then you'll find out far later than everyone else. It's like saying, I'll wait for the official carrier release of an OS before saying that the OS is real.
    01-14-14 11:38 AM
    I think they will make a new phone and call it BB11

And the BB10 wont recieve the bb11 updates

And then will make anew phone for bb12 and like that

Posted via CB10
    You aren't the sharpest tool in the shed, sir. :P

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 11:43 AM
    BerryJelly ?
    nonono, the name of the past!

We have to go for BlackKat :-)
    01-14-14 11:49 AM
    Poor android Honeycomb.
    It went from being a highly anticipated os to apparently never existing.

Android 3.0 was very much there and real. It was a tablet os and the majority of android users would not have seen it.
    I think android tablets took off when 4.0 was starting to be used

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I knew Honeycomb, but it really wasn't build for phones, and we weren't talking about tablets here!
    01-14-14 12:51 PM
    Yes, I knew Honeycomb, but it really wasn't build for phones, and we weren't talking about tablets here!
    Well android 3 still existed. You can't say it was a jump from 2.3 to 4.0 since they developed 3.0 in between.

Also keep in mind that a bit of 10.1 existed before release of 10.0. I don't count that as too much of a major update

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 03:44 PM
    Well android 3 still existed. You can't say it was a jump from 2.3 to 4.0 since they developed 3.0 in between.

Also keep in mind that a bit of 10.1 existed before release of 10.0. I don't count that as too much of a major update

Posted via CB10
    Correct. I know that I came home with 10.0 on my z10 and updated to a leaked 10.1 within the hour. I think it's always been that way with the Legacy OS in the past too.

sent by a prosumer from my outdated/unwanted, sexy z10 on OS .1925 w/. 1926 Radio. Yep..... "leaks" (*_~)
    01-14-14 09:43 PM
    there is no way this exists yet, it just wouldnt make sense
    01-15-14 01:44 AM
    Correct. I know that I came home with 10.0 on my z10 and updated to a leaked 10.1 within the hour. I think it's always been that way with the Legacy OS in the past too.

sent by a prosumer from my outdated/unwanted, sexy z10 on OS .1925 w/. 1926 Radio. Yep..... "leaks" (*_~)
    All 10.1 was support for the q10 and much of it had existed as they do originally going to release both. The z10 and the q10 alongside each other

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 02:00 AM
    Like from OS 7 to BB10.

They didn't skip version numbers they tried to save face. See the article below from a couple years back

Back at BlackBerry DevCon, Mike Lazaridis announced that the new BlackBerry/QNX platform would further be known as BBX. That was all well and good until a company called Basis stepped in and begged to differ, as they already were using the BBX trademark. After a few courtroom spats, RIM was forced to give in and was no longer permitted to use the BBX name.
    01-15-14 03:43 AM
    Back at BlackBerry DevCon, Mike Lazaridis announced that the new BlackBerry/QNX platform would further be known as BBX. That was all well and good until a company called Basis stepped in and begged to differ, as they already were using the BBX trademark. After a few courtroom spats, RIM was forced to give in and was no longer permitted to use the BBX name.
    yes... we have all grown to know and understand that story
    01-15-14 10:11 AM
    yes... we have all grown to know and understand that story
    There is people in this thread that don't obviously

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 11:47 AM
    Think of it this way. If BB decides to license the OS to low teir devices, would the manufacturers want it to be called BB10 or QNX10?
    It makes perfect sense from my perspective. No, BB made it very clear it's not going to ever be android BB, for those who were wondering
    I hate to say this, but if you wait for Michael Clewley (hell, he probably isn't even involved in this) or John Chen to announce everything, then you'll find out far later than everyone else. It's like saying, I'll wait for the official carrier release of an OS before saying that the OS is real.
    Curious....
    So are you implying that part of the intended rebrand will be to make licencing deals "easier" (for lack of a better word)
    So essentially we would start seeing our OS on other devices, much like Android is. (and no other people reading this post this doesn't mean I think that BlackBerry is going to go Android OS far from it)
    I'm not too bothered by a rebrand though, I know my beloved BlackBerry isn't going anywhere. I just hope that whatever the intended rebrand it doesn't go to waste like the rebrand to BlackBerry did.

It'll take a good amount of brand awareness to educate people into making the connection between QNX and BlackBerry though.
    Then again that might be more true of the consumer space, who don't really have a clue what QNX is or that it exists.

I saw another poster mention a tag line like "QNX powered by BlackBerry" - I think that's pretty great

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    01-15-14 12:37 PM
136 ... 3456