01-17-14 09:45 PM
136 12345 ...
tools
    can some 1 plz help me ? how to side load snap on my z10 so i can get apps from google play
    Read the first post in the snap thread

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 02:15 PM
    I don't care about the name. Just glad that he is sticking with devices.

Posted via CB10
    +10

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-13-14 02:15 PM
    can some 1 plz help me ? how to side load snap on my z10 so i can get apps from google play
    First, snap your fingers.
    And download the snap bar file.

Here's one way to sideload
    http://crackberry.com/sideload-apps-...-google-chrome

Subscribe at BBM Channel Amsterdam 020.am
    01-13-14 02:19 PM
    For what it's worth guys and girls; I don't think anyone particularly cares what BlackBerry decides to call the OS, or what versions they decide to use. When it comes down to it, what really matters is that we are and have been seeing a tremendous amount of progress into an OS which barely existed ONE year ago. To ask any company, to take something from concept to release in a ~year, and then keep that pace throughout the following year past the date of release, all the while maintaining existing business responsibilities is truly amazing and insanely difficult.

I guess we might not want them to change the name to something like BB Millenium Edition or something crazy like that... but I can't imagine anyone making that kind of mistake.
    01-13-14 02:32 PM
    "Devices
    With massive writedowns in the device division, it would be understandable if Chen would be hesitant to keep it going. But from day one he has championed their existence. I am never going to give up designing phones. I may not build it, but I'm going to design it. I think it's a very important thing.

Chen is sticking with BB10. The future phone is going to be cool and is going to be high-end. For the low-end phones, I'm going to work with my partners to build and maybe, in some cases, design. But they are all going to be BB10. They are all going to be our brand.

"BUT THEY ARE ALL GOING TO BE BB10"
    However, Chen makes it clear that handset division needs to become profitable again. I need to make sure that I don't lose money on phones, because that's the biggest piece. That's what I am number one focused on. You can't really make a profitable company and lose money on phones.

One way Chen is trying to limit the losses is to partner with Foxconn, making them an non-exclusive manufacturing partner for BlackBerrys emerging market phones. According to Chen, they have the volume purchase power that I would never come close to getting, for the typical common parts that the industry uses, probably 75 percent of our phone. We can make it a lot lower cost, same price, same standard, and I think that's just a win-win for everyone.

"I LOVE TO PARTNER WITH A LOT OF PEOPLE TO GO AFTER A LOT OF DIFFERENT MARKETS"
    Chen hinted that he is looking for additional partners as well. I love to partner with a lot of people to go after a lot of different markets. He added Foxconn can't go everywhere, because they're not a sales engine, but they do have relationships in a lot of places, Indonesia being one, China being one, India, Vietnam, and Malaysia, and a number of African countries.

John recently hired Ron Louks to lead the handset division. Ron has been in the mobile space for a long time, including as Sony Ericsson's CTO and as HTCs Chief Strategy Officer. With Louks appointment, Chen feels he now has good phone people with good phone experience on his management team.

I truly believe the phone is like the movie business, you are one hit away from being great again, Chen added."
    BlackBerry CEO John Chen: You can be an iPhone or Android customer, and also a BlackBerry customer | CrackBerry.com

Your source of abandoning BB10? Or I call bull****.
    BB employee. I can't give name obviously
    gemoelle likes this.
    01-13-14 03:02 PM
    Maybe a rebranding to QNX after QNX gets updated.

Essentially still BlackBerry 10 so it seems.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    01-13-14 03:07 PM
    My guess is that 10.2.1 is really 10.3.
    It makes sense... is such a leap fowarad that 10.2.1 isn't enougt... The third number should only add up if it was about some bug fixes and OS refinement
    01-13-14 03:18 PM
    Rebranding it to QNX makes sense. This will help tie it into the other areas where QNX is currently used and create broader brand awareness. Also QNX can theoretically be the name of the OS, just like iOS. They can then just affix a version number to it (QNX 11, 12, etc, similar to iOS 6, 7, etc).
    01-13-14 03:54 PM
    First of all a non-executive employee would not know this and second of all they would not abandon BB10 for reasons concerning $$$$$ they've spent/ invested too much to abandon it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-13-14 04:03 PM
    holding of on 10.2.1 to 10.3 sounds like a very long wait lool
    01-13-14 04:06 PM
    BlackBerry 11? maybe

Posted via CB10
    They will call it QNX10
    01-13-14 04:09 PM
    BlackBerry is not going to be a focus on things that interest Crackberry for a long while.

From a devices perspective, the focus is now off the existing Zs and Qs and on the low spec Jakarta device. Our devices are failures. Jakarta might be a hit.

10.2.1.xxxx is a legacy from Heins. BlackBerry is not going to devote resources at this stage to developing things that will make us happy. They are devoting resources to Jakarta and other future products. But, in the short term, Jakarta is low end so don't expect anything big.

It seems the focus in America right now is services, not devices. Chen is explicitly device agnostic. I have been hoping to hear more about the high end device strategy but I don't think BlackBerry has formulated it yet fully.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 04:30 PM
    First of all a non-executive employee would not know this and second of all they would not abandon BB10 for reasons concerning $$$$$ they've spent/ invested too much to abandon it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    If you read through the way I've phrased my comments I never said they were tossing out BB10
    I phrased everything very carefully for a reason. I can't blatently tell you what they are going to do, but some people here have a pretty good idea
    Obviously, all these plans may change, but it does make a lot of sense according to what John Chen has stated
    01-13-14 04:33 PM
    Did the guy that stated he had 10.2.2 even reply?

The Gamer's Network- C00015A31 || STL100-2 on 10.3.1.529
    01-13-14 04:52 PM
    Usually apple make ios every year so 10.3 will be in February 2015

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925. My thinks I spy on her computer because of autoloaders
    You must be on crack.. They are releasing OS' faster then any other phone. If 10.2.1 comes this. Or start of next month. That will be 5 major updates.

Android 4.1-4.3 in 1 year. 4.4 only being on Nexus by year end I believe..

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-13-14 05:03 PM
    iBerry
    Would be more accurate as Googleberry
    01-13-14 05:05 PM
    But you are NOT implying the end of OS 10 altogether after 10.3. At least that's not what I'm reading in your post. Correct me if I'm wrong before people start running around saying 10.3 will be the last and we are getting something else....android?

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    Let me put this nonsense to rest right now. BB10.3 CANNOT be the last becasue BlackBerry has signed a deal with Foxconn to produce devices for the next 5 years and John Chen said in his lunch interview with Kevin that ALL the new devices going forward will be BB10, so there will be BB10 devices for at least 5 years to come.
    01-13-14 05:08 PM
    Let me put this nonsense to rest right now. BB10.3 CANNOT be the last becasue BlackBerry has signed a deal with Foxconn to produce devices for the next 5 years and John Chen said in his lunch interview with Kevin that ALL the new devices going forward will be BB10, so there will be BB10 devices for at least 5 years to come.
    No one said BB10.3 was the end of BB. I only pointed out that it was the last of BB10
    I've very very careful with my wording. If you read carefully you'll see what I mean
    jstarett likes this.
    01-13-14 05:13 PM
    He's just saying bb10 will be re-branded and not that it's being abandoned.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 05:23 PM
    Lbfe aka flexninja aka apol...there you go. AFAIK that's their 'source'.

Posted via CB10, while conference calling Clewly, Saunders and Kinsella
    01-13-14 05:45 PM
    No one said BB10.3 was the end of BB. I only pointed out that it was the last of BB10
    I've very very careful with my wording. If you read carefully you'll see what I mean
    Lol yeah no one reading it carefully just jumping into conclusion. I got you though

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 05:47 PM
    BlackBerry is not going to be a focus on things that interest Crackberry for a long while.

From a devices perspective, the focus is now off the existing Zs and Qs and on the low spec Jakarta device. Our devices are failures. Jakarta might be a hit.

10.2.1.xxxx is a legacy from Heins. BlackBerry is not going to devote resources at this stage to developing things that will make us happy. They are devoting resources to Jakarta and other future products. But, in the short term, Jakarta is low end so don't expect anything big.

It seems the focus in America right now is services, not devices. Chen is explicitly device agnostic. I have been hoping to hear more about the high end device strategy but I don't think BlackBerry has formulated it yet fully.

Posted via CB10
    I think the z30 is a device that can be marketed and made a non-failure. It's an amazing device and would be very hard to top. This has to be blackberry's flagship device.. forever. Just like the iPhone and galaxy range. It's the one that works. Imo, the z30 seems is the one that works!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 05:54 PM
    Is there a rough eta on 10.3. R we looking at seeing detail shortly after 10.2.1 ( similar to 10.1 then 10.2)

Or is it going to be a long time before we hear if 10.3.. by hearing of 10.3 I mean details etc.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 05:56 PM
    I think the z30 is a device that can be marketed and made a non-failure. It's an amazing device and would be very hard to top. This has to be blackberry's flagship device.. forever. Just like the iPhone and galaxy range. It's the one that works. Imo, the z30 seems is the one that works!

Posted via CB10
    I have a Z30 and I love it. From BlackBerry's perspective it gets no support. It might as well not exist.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 07:15 PM
    I can't say what will happen to the OS because it's not set in stone
    But I will say that our current devices will be updated to it
    Oh god I really hope it's not android I really hope they keep the OS

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 07:19 PM
136 12345 ...