08-10-13 11:31 AM
69 123
tools
    I'm with you... excited about this one, brings so much function... backing up, making a drink of some sort, then loading, then probably crashing by the time all is done.
    This was my first 10.2 leak. it was worth the wait.

Very smooth. When in the settings, you can swipe to the right now too, to go to previous page.

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll likes this.
    08-03-13 01:52 PM
    Got InstaG working but it sucks on the Q10 even more cuz now there is a Quarter inch of screen missing due to the perma back button.

Oh well better then nothing. But god dam everything else is so nice. BlackBerry 10 OS just keeps getting better. Voice commands are nice now.

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    08-03-13 01:54 PM
    What is RC

Posted via CB10
    Release Candidate!
    08-03-13 01:57 PM
    How do you do it?

Posted via CB10
    Downloaded autoloader, connected phone to laptop thru usb cable and checked in link that it is recognised, the double clicked the autoloader file. That's all I did. I did not make any backup. Btw, the android runtime on this is absolutely amazing, the apps are running as good as on my previous galaxy s3.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 02:29 PM
    I absolutely agree with OP. My Sony Xperia P ( That HAS Project Butter) hasn't got even half the speed of my BlackBerry. And sideloaded apps are just working wonderfully, not even a single lag.

Posted via my amazingly fast Q5
    08-03-13 03:55 PM
    I agree! Best OS so far, by far! I'm have tried every leak for the stl4 and this is the best, included battery life. It glides, the flow is amazing. Camera is improved, but the game changer is the actionable notifications and lock screen notifications. Android 4.3 is also amazing, the fact that I can run any app(almost) is great. I think it's also amazing that they are working so fast on making these changes. Imagine if they had done this cerca PlayBook. But it's here now. I will ride with it till the end

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 04:24 PM
    Alright...WiFi works if I use WPS. I can live with that.
    Rest working absolutely fine. Still wondering why there is 4G on a STL100-1. I think that is causing delay in getting signal initially. Following is the error I get if I try to add WiFi using SSID and key method.

10.2.1047 is 10 times project butter-img_00000001.png

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 04:34 PM
    I can't wait until the official OS 10.2 release! Cinnamon Toast and those beautiful new dropdown Settings
    What? My dropdown Settings haven't changed.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    08-03-13 04:42 PM
    Agree with OP, 10.2 is very slick. Only issue besides the interactive toggle switch bug I've had is with fast tube. Have had to close and restart it a few times due to lock up while trying to fast forward through a video. Most likely needs an update to support 10.2 but that sits with the developer, not BlackBerry. Also like the new sounds to the keyboard and finally have settings in native code. If anyone is slightly interested in loading this leak, do not hesitate, DO IT!

Edit: Don't know what happened but after a few hours later, fast tube works like a charm. I have done nothing to remedy this which has me puzzled yet happy .
    Last edited by KarlosSpicyWienr; 08-04-13 at 01:24 AM.
    08-03-13 05:41 PM
    Thanks! :-)

Can we estimate other limitations to a stable 10.1 or is it worth a try? :-)
    I would say give it a go. It is working pretty good for me.
    08-04-13 09:15 AM
    What? My dropdown Settings haven't changed.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    The drop down settings are still the same. Nothing new there quite yet. I am sure it is coming, however.
    08-04-13 09:18 AM
    What is RC

Posted via CB10
    Release Candidate.

I have been for a long time loading the leaks on a second Z10 to see what's coming. This 10.2 adds so much, I am tempted to put it on my daily driver mainly since I know AT&T will be taking ages to release it, since the MR of 10.1 is only slated to release 'end of summer' and we all know how long it took them to release 10.1

10.2 is a leap. I've long said the home screen (what you see when you turn the phone on) is silly on most phones. Showing the time and no other information. Most phones are expensive watches until you open them and go to apps. BB now able to show a few of the latest messages in categories, is what I've been thinking a phone should be. It's a communications device. Not a $700 pocket watch. Show me communications.

BB is bringing it. I have no regrets I went with the Z10 instead of Android.
    08-04-13 09:58 AM
    Have to agree, super smooth, best leak ever, by far!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 10:11 AM
    What is RC

Posted via CB10
    Release candidate as others have said. It basically means that if no bugs or issues come out of testing, this is the build one that will be released.

In my experience though, an organisation will release several release candidate builds as bugs are found etc.

P.S I am tempted to put this on my Q10 but think I will hold out for an official release! I like to be surprised
    08-04-13 10:16 AM
    Z10STL100-3 on Rogers Network.
    Migrated from 10.1.0.2009 to this and after 24hrs, must concur with many having weighed in here. This is solid!!

Unlike some, ive never had issues using BlackBerry Link, so getting my data, settings back onto this build was simple.

I highly recommend this OS build as it appears very stable, responsive and an overall excellent update to an already amazing phone!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 10:26 AM
    It took iOS and Android YEARS to reach the levels of speed and smoothness they have now, yet the 10.2.1047 update has brought the BB10 OS up to par with those mature OSes after only SEVEN MONTHS! The potential of BB10 seems to be far beyond anything else on the market now.
    08-04-13 10:47 AM
    Although I'm a BlackBerry fan and recommended the BlackBerry 10 smartphone for others.... I stopped recommending it because of the issues I have with BBM crashing and other stuff

However with this latest leak 10.2.0.1047 I can recommend it back to techy and non techy guys

Thanks BlackBerry

Planted via keyboard beast running 10.2.0.1047
    08-04-13 11:02 AM
    I have to agree I have been running this since yesterday and this is by far the best OS ever released. Battery life seems really good so far no over heating at all even right after install.
    Big thanks to the elite team.

Posted from my Q10 on CB10
    I agree. Awesome performance so far!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 05:27 PM
    This might be RC on the Z30 only. Quite a few things are broken or incomplete on older phones.
    08-04-13 05:52 PM
    Some call it butter, some call it silk others might call it astroglide. They are all correct, very smooth!

Flicked via Z10
    08-04-13 05:59 PM
    Yes in Q5 too...

'Hampir Sempurna'

Posted via CB10 - Q5SQR100-3/10.2.0.1047
    08-04-13 06:04 PM
    Best leak so far in my opinion. 10.2 is fantastic. Smoother, faster, and better battery life. WAY better than the carrier supported 10.1.0.2014 I was using previously as well as the two 10.1 leaks I tried in between.
    08-06-13 01:45 PM
    Ok i'm downloading it now. Before I install it do I do a security wipe first? Then install? From what I was reading if you do a security wipe after installing doesn't that erase the OS?

Posted Via my Z-10
    08-06-13 02:00 PM
    Man I am moving dangerously close to loading my first leak. :-) I think this is the one.

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure there is going to be a cinnamon toast?

Posted via CB10 app on my Z10 Stl100-1 on 10.2.0.1047
    08-06-13 02:02 PM
    I can't wait until the official OS 10.2 release! Cinnamon Toast and those beautiful new dropdown Settings
    Toasts are working just fine. The configurable homescreen dropdown appears only as a slide in the setup video for the next device. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to come to existing devices. I would like to see that implemented on all models, but I would also like to see all users have a choice of which theme (dark or light) they want to use on a per app basis.

From what I have heard and read, this is maybe a RC (I am not one of the leak crew and this is just my own extrapolation of all data available to me).
    Sounds to me more like it is actually a production release intended for carrier testing and deployment
    I hope not, because as nice as it is there still are a number of bugs that should be addressed - the most obvious one being that the Interactive Notifications toggle is broken, which could be a privacy concern for some users. There are also still features to be added (Wi-Fi Direct and Miracast are absent on the Z10, for instance).
    As smooth as this OS appears to most users, there are still plenty of issues to be resolved. I don't think we're quite to the point of RC, let alone a production release, with all the loose ends I've seen. I may very well be mistaken about that, though.

There is a way to address the lockscreen preview issue so as to avoid the privacy/security concerns.

Also, I would not hold my breath on either WiFi Direct or Miracast.
    08-06-13 02:18 PM
69 123