I just upgraded to 10.3.1.2072 from 10.2.1.???? (can't remember) via autoloader. I know that it's best not to restore when switching to 10.3, but as any fellow clashers know, you just CAN'T lose your progress! lol.. I only did a backup of the Runtime, CoC, and checked the box at the bottom that says something like "other app data". I had deleted almost all apps from my phone before this, so the "other data" was only about 200mb. It was 1.2gb before. Once the new OS was up and running, I side loaded Snap, and installed CoC. After that, I did a hard reset, and left the phone alone for 20 mins or so. Next I tried to restore just the Runtime, and CoC data. The restore made it to 18%, then stopped. It told me to reconnect the phone, and try again. The error at the bottom left said "unable to save name". I did another hard reset, and tried again. It made it to 35% before giving the same error message. Next time, I made it to 45%, then 67% the next. After that, I found out that I needed to update Blend and Link. I checked Link before I first got started, and noticed that my version appeared to be newer than what was listed on the site. Apparently they had to downgrade recently, and I didn't catch it? (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...pulled-991994/) After upgrading Link, and getting Blend set up (which work s great!!), I tried to restore again. Made it to about 24% both times and failed with the same error message as before. I've given up for now, until I can find a solution. And for the record, I was definitely signed into BBID on my Surface Pro 3 (Windows 8.1), and Verizon Z30 (STA100-3) prior to the backup, and the restore. I've done quite a bit of digging to figure this out, but if I missed something, I'd really appreciate any help I can get!

Next, I plan to try uninstalling Blend from the phone and computer, Link from the computer, and starting over with just Link. Otherwise, I might contact Supercell's 'specialized recovery team'.

Thanks in advance for any/all input!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 09:58 PM
    Never backup the Runtime. You did exactly what you should have not done. Any time you backup, remove Runtime so you don't have compatibility issues.

As for the Link/Blend issues, I usually have Link going crazy too. What I do is usually allow the device to install Link/Blend. The new OS most likely has the latest version of both.

So, what I'd do in your case: Uninstall all BB software from you BC, security wipe (or run the autoloader again), set up the device, plug it to the PC, let it install drivers and software and do a custom restore leaving runtime out of it.
    Dan-AddictedtoBB likes this.
    02-03-15 10:00 PM
    I guess I rolled the dice on that one. All the threads I read about upgrading to 10.3.1 said not to back up the Runtime. However, all threads about restoring CoC said that you have to back up the Runtime. I'll try restoring without the Runtime checked, and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 10:09 PM
    Best of luck!
    Dan-AddictedtoBB likes this.
    02-03-15 10:16 PM
    So, I reinstalled Link/Blend just to be safe, then restored JUST the CoC data, and it worked!! Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted via CB10
    diegonei and hantudurian like this.
    02-03-15 11:58 PM
    I have never had a issue using a back up to restore android data and have specifically restored my clash of clans data multiple times

Run your restore ensure you restore data and runtime data may have to restore twice

In Squircle I Trust
    02-04-15 02:27 AM
    Update:

If you need to restore your CoC data after upgrading your OS from 10.2.1 or below to 10.3.1, you need to delete EVERY other android app on the phone prior to creating a backup. If you don't, you'll end up with an 'unable to install this app' error message when trying to install apps that were backed up. You would think that you could just restore all apps that were backed up, and everything would be fine, but it seems like the restore process is pretty sensitive when upgrading from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1. The restore would lock up every time I tried to load more than just the runtime and 1 app. So, just to be safe, get rid of all android apps first! The day after we had this discussion, I noticed that my favorite apps that I had backed up wouldn't install. After several failed attempts, I ended up having to downgrade back to 10.2.1, restore the entire backup, delete all android apps except for CoC, create a new backup of just the runtime and CoC data, load 10.3.1.2067 (had issues with 10.3.1.2072, so I decided to upgrade at the same time), then restore the runtime and CoC data. The restore worked perfectly on the first try, and now all apps are working again.

If any of this doesnt make sense, I'd be happy to clarify tomorrow. Running on very little sleep right now.. lol

8300 > 8330 > 8530 > 9630 > 9650 > 9930 > Z10 > Z30 > Classic (soon)! Playbook > Surface Pro 3 Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 12:04 AM
    So, I reinstalled Link/Blend just to be safe, then restored JUST the CoC data, and it worked!! Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted via CB10
    This worked because you had already successfully restored the runtime data on your first attempt.

I happened to stumble on this thread so a late reply; I just wanted to share again what you've probably learned at this point. You absolutely need the runtime data to save your progress for clash of clans, a prior post said otherwise.

With respect to having multiple android apps, my gf restores about 40 different games including her coc with every leak I throw on her z30. I think you had just one or two that didn't restore properly and ruined the party for the rest of the apps.

An updated BlackBerry Link initially would have given you a completely different and positive experience.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:42 PM
    I have never had a issue using a back up to restore android data and have specifically restored my clash of clans data multiple times

Run your restore ensure you restore data and runtime data may have to restore twice

In Squircle I Trust
    why would you do a restore in more than one shot??!?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 09:15 PM
    Okay so just to be clear here, In moving from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1 via autoloader, if you want to restore Coc progress after you have to:

1. Do Full backup.
    2. Install 10.3.1 OS
    3. Do a Full restore? Or Custom ?

Zwiped from my Zed, Awaiting 10.3.1...
    Last edited by trinichindian; 02-22-15 at 03:01 PM.
    02-22-15 02:43 PM