06-14-14 09:23 PM
338 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Quick question for everyone using 10.2.1.2141. Is there any way to do a "sync now" if you're on push if you're experiencing the delayed e-mail delivery issue? Sorry if this is an obvious answer that is not related to 2141 but I don't currently own a Q10 or any OS10 device.

If this is possible as a temporarily solution then I might be able to deal with the bug until it is resolved...
    02-23-14 09:29 PM
    Quick question for everyone using 10.2.1.2141. Is there any way to do a "sync now" if you're on push if you're experiencing the delayed e-mail delivery issue? Sorry if this is an obvious answer that is not related to 2141 but I don't currently own a Q10 or any OS10 device.

If this is possible as a temporarily solution then I might be able to deal with the bug until it is resolved...
    I have found switching to the account in question in the Hub and hitting refresh seems to force it to check in. I can't say it always works or not, but I have had good results with that method.

I suggest switching the focus to your ActiveSync account in question versus the entire Hub because I suspect refreshing in the Hub makes it go through each account which would take longer. That's just a guess on my part though.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    02-23-14 10:44 PM
    I have found switching to the account in question in the Hub and hitting refresh seems to force it to check in. I can't say it always works or not, but I have had good results with that method.

I suggest switching the focus to your ActiveSync account in question versus the entire Hub because I suspect refreshing in the Hub makes it go through each account which would take longer. That's just a guess on my part though.

My observation is that there seems to only be one refresh type, and it's global.

I would have to do more testing to confirm 100%, but I sure wish that it did NOT work that way.
    02-24-14 06:14 AM
    My observation is that there seems to only be one refresh type, and it's global.

I would have to do more testing to confirm 100%, but I sure wish that it did NOT work that way.
    You could be right as I have no way of verifying. The good news though is I think that is what Jeremy was after even if it is the owner global refresh.

02-24-14 07:13 AM
    Since updating to 2141 I don't get emails on my z30. I do get them on my Playbook though. Also, I can send emails from my z30 and people receive them. I wiped my z30 and restored. Added, and deleted my account several times. Is it just the delayed email like everyone else? Not sure what else to do. Makes the phone worthless when traveling. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 08:44 PM
    Since updating to 2141 I don't get emails on my z30. I do get them on my Playbook though. Also, I can send emails from my z30 and people receive them. I wiped my z30 and restored. Added, and deleted my account several times. Is it just the delayed email like everyone else? Not sure what else to do. Makes the phone worthless when traveling. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    You need to provide more information before we can render any assistance.

Are you using Exchange as the source server, and if so can you name the company/version of Exchange?

What are the settings you used on the account? For example are you using Push notifications or scheduled syncs?

What does "I don't get emails on my Z30" mean? You never get them on your device so your Hub entry for the account is blank? Or you do get them but they just seem to take a long time?

02-25-14 11:31 PM
    I think I am still seeing delays in ActiveSync syncing. I deleted an email on my home Exchange system about 15 minutes ago and it still showed up on my phone. When I hit refresh in the Hub it disappeared.

I will try to repro this using OWA to take Outlook cache mode syncing delays out of the equation.

Yeah... so I deleted something from my mailbox and synced Outlook over 1/2 hour ago on my work account and it never synced to my BB. I hit refresh in the Hub and that forced a sync, but clearly there is still a delay issue. It may be just with accounts that had the ActiveSync policy issues in 1925 though.

02-25-14 11:40 PM
    Yeah the delay's still there. Up to 45 minutes for me. Used to be up to 2 hours, so this is better, but still bad.

BlackBerry still working on it. No solution identified as of the beginning of this week.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 02:27 AM
    You need to provide more information before we can render any assistance.

Are you using Exchange as the source server, and if so can you name the company/version of Exchange?

What are the settings you used on the account? For example are you using Push notifications or scheduled syncs?

What does "I don't get emails on my Z30" mean? You never get them on your device so your Hub entry for the account is blank? Or you do get them but they just seem to take a long time?

Sorry for the lack of detail. Exchange server is 2010 and I have the account sent to push. When I say "getting emails on phone" I mean showing up in the hub in the account ( or Hub). The account was working fine and now I am not receiving the emails in the hub. When I delete and add the account back the emails populate in the hu from the previous days, and any new messages also show up. But, after that, no emails show up in the hub under that account. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 08:45 AM
    I hate to even post this....

Could be a strange bug as I have a new tablet I have added outlook (which shouldn't affect it as it syncs with Exchange) but very strange. 2141 solved the reset of the account and removed the device password/pin verification upon reboot.

Last night looked for a contact and they weren't there. Looked at my contacts and only 146 there. Reset my phone, saved my "account" like I used to and now have 148 out of a couple thousand. This morning the same thing, still 148 contacts.

Don't see anyone else posting so hopefully it is a "me" issue.

10.2.1 Exchange Issue-img_20140226_084808.png
    02-26-14 03:33 PM
    Sorry for the lack of detail. Exchange server is 2010 and I have the account sent to push. When I say "getting emails on phone" I mean showing up in the hub in the account ( or Hub). The account was working fine and now I am not receiving the emails in the hub. When I delete and add the account back the emails populate in the hu from the previous days, and any new messages also show up. But, after that, no emails show up in the hub under that account. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    OK good, Exchange 2010 is a great ActiveSync player.

I'm not sure how your Exchange server(s) provide connectivity to ActiveSync from the Internet, which could be the source of the issue. If you know and can share how this is set up, I would be happy to try and provide thoughts on the config and whether it may have anything to do with your issues.

Meanwhile have you tried resetting your device holding down the up and down volume keys, and keep holding them past your carrier screen, until you see the blue-ish BlackBerry start up logo?

02-26-14 07:58 PM

I'm not sure how your Exchange server(s) provide connectivity to ActiveSync from the Internet, which could be the source of the issue. If you know and can share how this is set up, I would be happy to try and provide thoughts on the config and whether it may have anything to do with your issues.

Meanwhile have you tried resetting your device holding down the up and down volume keys, and keep holding them past your carrier screen, until you see the blue-ish BlackBerry start up logo?

I'll see if my IT guy can explain the set up. I am not sure myself. I haven't tried the reset that you mentioned. Only held them down until it reset. I will try that too. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 09:42 PM
    Just wanted to thank everyone for the update regarding the e-mail delay and the possibility of doing a manual sync (aka "refresh") in the hub as a temporary workaround. I'll keep tracking the forums for potential progress on the delay bug. In the meantime, I'm also waiting for VZW to release their official 10.2.1. Who knows if/when that will happen!

Thanks again,
    Jeremy
    02-27-14 01:41 AM
    In the meantime, I'm also waiting for VZW to release their official 10.2.1. Who knows if/when that will happen!

They did (10.2.1.1925), but only for the Z10 so far.

Personally I would run 10.2.1.2141 instead - not least because of the nasty EAS bugs on 1925.

Already running 2141 on my test VZW Z10, going to install it on my daily driver VZW Z10 probably sometime today.
    02-27-14 04:07 AM

The reset trick didn't work. Also, rolled back to 1925 and the same issue. Spoke with IT and he doesn't have access to the exchange set up (it is in France). Can't help you there. I am getting emails on outlook and the Web mail so all things point to an issue with the phone.

What IT can't understand is his iPhone takes 'xx.org' for domain and my phone only works with the xx part. Not sure if that is an issue but everything was fine until the other day. Thanks for the suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 03:11 PM
    The reset trick didn't work. Also, rolled back to 1925 and the same issue. Spoke with IT and he doesn't have access to the exchange set up (it is in France). Can't help you there. I am getting emails on outlook and the Web mail so all things point to an issue with the phone.

What IT can't understand is his iPhone takes 'xx.org' for domain and my phone only works with the xx part. Not sure if that is an issue but everything was fine until the other day. Thanks for the suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    Outlook and OWA don't use ActiveSync, so their success or failure tells you nothing about how the phone might work. If you were running a BETA OS then I might be apt to blame the phone, but you are running the same OS as the rest of us who don't have issues so I am leaning towards something wrong with your server side ActiveSync implementation. I recommend you run that ActiveSync tester I linked earlier as it can point out some common issues.

Another thing to check is to compare your advanced settings with your IT guy's advanced settings. Maybe something didn't get auto set up correctly on your phone.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925
    02-27-14 09:23 PM
    Outlook and OWA don't use ActiveSync, so their success or failure tells you nothing about how the phone might work. If you were running a BETA OS then I might be apt to blame the phone, but you are running the same OS as the rest of us who don't have issues so I am leaning towards something wrong with your server side ActiveSync implementation. I recommend you run that ActiveSync tester I linked earlier as it can point out some common issues.

Another thing to check is to compare your advanced settings with your IT guy's advanced settings. Maybe something didn't get auto set up correctly on your phone.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925

I checked IT's advanced settings and the only difference was the Domain where he had the XX.ORG and I only have the XX. If I put the XX.ORG in the domain I get an error message, but the XX works.

I am unsure on the link for logging any active sync issues. The link you provided is for Office 365, and how to log, which we don't have. When I check my webmail and check under options. My phone is listed and details the last sync time. Thanks.
    02-28-14 10:07 AM

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925
    I was finally able to get up and running after repeated attempts. The company IT guy who was at a loss rebooted the server and then I was able to log in. Dint know how or why it happened but that did it for me.
    Thanks to all for your suggestions and input.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 10:50 AM
    I was finally able to get up and running after repeated attempts. The company IT guy who was at a loss rebooted the server and then I was able to log in. Dint know how or why it happened but that did it for me.
    Thanks to all for your suggestions and input.

Posted via CB10
    ActiveSync is an usual animal in conjunction with firewalls and load balancers. Sometimes the old Microsoft adage of rebooting still works. :-)

I'm glad you are back in business. I am still checking this thread for the others. :-)

02-28-14 12:00 PM
    Here's my update:

Added my work account to a Sprint Q10 running 10.2.0.424 and not working- not receiving any emails, can't send, but older emails sync.

Still getting emails on PlayBook no problem. And, I am using the same set up info from the PlayBook for my Z30 and Q10. Also, updated Z30 to 2141 with Sachesi and not working

Can only assume a bug in the BB10 OS. Co-workers getting emails on iPhones no problem. Guess if it isn't resolved soon will need to switch to a different phone mfg.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 10:42 AM
    Here's my update:

Added my work account to a Sprint Q10 running 10.2.0.424 and not working- not receiving any emails, can't send, but older emails sync.

Still getting emails on PlayBook no problem. And, I am using the same set up info from the PlayBook for my Z30 and Q10. Also, updated Z30 to 2141 with Sachesi and not working

Can only assume a bug in the BB10 OS. Co-workers getting emails on iPhones no problem. Guess if it isn't resolved soon will need to switch to a different phone mfg.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Posted via CB10
    I'm still not sure why you think it is a bug in the BlackBerry 10 OS, or that changing devices will make it better since you apparently have it working on some.

While the link I provided for logging was for Office365, the steps are exactly the same in Exchange 2010. Also there is the following website that tells you if you have anything wrong with your setup:
    https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

03-01-14 10:59 AM
    I will try the new link. I think it is a bug because my PlayBook gets emails. Iphones at work get mail. 2 BB10 phones don't. I don't know anything really about EAS so your help is appreciated. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Also, do I open the link on the phone or is it for my laptop? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 11:46 AM
    I will try the new link. I think it is a bug because my PlayBook gets emails. Iphones at work get mail. 2 BB10 phones don't. I don't know anything really about EAS so your help is appreciated. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Also, do I open the link on the phone or is it for my laptop? Thanks.

It is designed for checking your server configuration and user account authentication details, you can use it on most web browsers.

Some screenshots of your account configuration (including "advanced" settings) would be helpful if posted here. Please redact any personal details like email address in the screenshots, for your privacy.
    03-01-14 07:12 PM
    It is designed for checking your server configuration and user account authentication details, you can use it on most web browsers.

Some screenshots of your account configuration (including "advanced" settings) would be helpful if posted here. Please redact any personal details like email address in the screenshots, for your privacy.
    Don't have photo editor to redact info. My set up is:

Domain: xx.org (xx are 2 letters)
    Username : first initial and last name
    Email: username@company-food.com
    Server: webmail.company-group.com
    Port: 443
    SSL on
    Push on

Checked this morning and the setup screen had a message "your device is not connected to a network. Please connect to a network and try again".

I am connected to a network and received Yahoo mails over the last several hours.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 08:20 AM
    Don't have photo editor to redact info. My set up is:

Domain: xx.org (xx are 2 letters)
    Username : first initial and last name
    Email: username@company-food.com
    Server: webmail.company-group.com
    Port: 443
    SSL on
    Push on

Checked this morning and the setup screen had a message "your device is not connected to a network. Please connect to a network and try again".

I am connected to a network and received Yahoo mails over the last several hours.

Posted via CB10
    Can you ask your it folks what ActiveSync policy settings are being pushed to your device?

Also have you run a successful test using the remote connectivity analyzer link?

03-02-14 10:16 AM
338 ... 678910 ...