06-14-14 09:23 PM
338 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I had the problem when using the Notes Traveller settings. Found out that the problem was when is was trying to sync the to-do list. Apparently our version of notes traveller on the server does not support to-do lists so when the phone was trying to sync this item it would keep asking for the password and I would have to re-sync everything again. Turned this option off and now it works without any issues.

There are some potentially related Blackberry knowledgebase articles on this:

KB33287-Unable to sync IBM Notes NoteBook (formerly Personal Journal) memos and To Do with the BlackBerry 10 smartphone using IBM Notes Traveler 9
    KB35547-IBM Notes Traveler To Do Support on BlackBerry 10 OS

I also just discovered in another KB article that there are some hard limits for an EAS account on BB10.

Apparently a maximum of 200MB or 200,000 messages. The 200,000 messages seems fairly generous but the 200MB, not so much.

KB33742-"Days to synchronize" is set to "No Limit" but the BlackBerry 10 smartphone syncs only 30 days of information
    02-15-14 07:26 AM
    Yeah, that's what I got. No second password request and no account drop. Seems to be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    Same here! Very happy this got resolved as it would've limited me from getting at my work data. Big ups to the community!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 07:57 AM
    I was SO annoyed with the Active Sync issue, but used the trick with going Flight Mode before device reset. It works fine for me, and I don't loose the contents of my AS account anymore.

Yes, a 'trick' rather than a 'fix'. No, it's not laborious at all to implement. Yes, it works. I stopped moaning.

STL100-2 10.2.1.1925 & PB LTE 32
    What r u gonna do when ur device resets itself which will happen? Not a resolution at all.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 07:58 AM
    Yes, I continue to see this problem since upgrading to 10.2.1 (.537). Now, after upgrading BBM yesterday, I find that my Contacts won't sync at all. I having tried just leaving my phone on all night, rebooting it, and even removing my Exchange account and adding it back again. Email and Calendar are fine, but Contacts are empty (except for my BBM contacts).

Any ideas?
    02-15-14 10:45 AM
    Yes, I continue to see this problem since upgrading to 10.2.1 (.537). Now, after upgrading BBM yesterday, I find that my Contacts won't sync at all. I having tried just leaving my phone on all night, rebooting it, and even removing my Exchange account and adding it back again. Email and Calendar are fine, but Contacts are empty (except for my BBM contacts).

Any ideas?
    Upgrade to 10.2.1.2141. I can verify that I am no longer prompted for the PIN after I unlock my phone, so that issue seems to be resolved.

I'm not exactly getting a lot of work email on a Saturday so I can speak to delay issues I and others were seeing. I would le to clarify that I only saw delay issues with my work account and not my personal/lab Exchange account, presumably because of the other bug. So I am hopeful they addressed the issue as we in this update.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    zipped likes this.
    02-15-14 12:32 PM
    The trick with airplane mode and reset worked for me as well to solve the Exchange missing contacts problem. Thanks!
    02-15-14 01:26 PM
    I think I am still seeing delays in ActiveSync syncing. I deleted an email on my home Exchange system about 15 minutes ago and it still showed up on my phone. When I hit refresh in the Hub it disappeared.

I will try to repro this using OWA to take Outlook cache mode syncing delays out of the equation.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    02-15-14 06:08 PM
    I only got about 3 months of e-mail now in accounts set to always. Tried reboot. Reset. Nothing helps. I am on latest update Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141

Exchange problem of 1925 sorted but now this. Or should I delete account and reenter it?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 08:18 PM
    I only got about 3 months of e-mail now in accounts set to always. Tried reboot. Reset. Nothing helps. I am on latest update Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141

Exchange problem of 1925 sorted but now this. Or should I delete account and reenter it?

Posted via CB10
    Try to delete and re-enter. My "forever" account is complete (but only 6 months).

I don't dare test my Gmail as forever - 10 years of email.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:56 AM
    Delay in receiving email via Exchange not completely fixed but seems to be improved

I've been testing the speed of email delivery by sending messages between my Gmail and work Exchange accounts. Sitting at my work desktop I can compare the time my desktop receives the message versus the z10.

With 10.1, almost 100% of the time my z10 received the email sooner or at the same time as the desktop. With 10.2.1.2102 most emails arrived at the z10 the same time as the desktop but some arrived from 1 - 6 minutes later than the desktop. One failed to arrive at all on the z10.

With 10.2.1.1925, many emails were delayed from 10 minutes up to an hour on the z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 12:20 PM
    Delay in receiving email via Exchange not completely fixed but seems to be improved

I've been testing the speed of email delivery by sending messages between my Gmail and work Exchange accounts. Sitting at my work desktop I can compare the time my desktop receives the message versus the z10.

With 10.1, almost 100% of the time my z10 received the email sooner or at the same time as the desktop. With 10.2.1.2102 most emails arrived at the z10 the same time as the desktop but some arrived from 1 - 6 minutes later than the desktop. One failed to arrive at all on the z10.

With 10.2.1.1925, many emails were delayed from 10 minutes up to an hour on the z10.

Posted via CB10
    Seems much improved then. I regularly got 15-60 minute delays on delivery on 1925. Then a batch would come in.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 12:44 PM
    Seems much improved then. I regularly got 15-60 minute delays on delivery on 1925. Then a batch would come in.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.

02-16-14 03:41 PM
    I just wanted to thank everyone for their feedback regarding the mail delay problem possible improvement on .2141. I'm still holding out for more feedback (over the next week as everyone tries it during work days) before I finally buy a Q10 so I can truly understand the repercussions/delays I should expect if I take the plunge. I suppose I also have to wait until Verizon releases their official .2141 update as well. But I'm certainly going to keep an eye out on this thread for more feedback on the delayed mail delivery issue.

Thanks again for everyone's help. Looking forward to further feedback on the delayed delivery issue on .2141 as everyone gets through the work week!
    02-16-14 09:31 PM

Bear in mind that this can be impacted greatly by network design/configuration.

All of the "push" email protocols that work over regular network channels rely on a "longterm open TCP socket" to allow incoming updates without constantly polling for changes.

But some (particularly low-end/home) network routers and firewalls do not allow TCP to maintain sockets open for a long time, and this will kill the "push". Even commercial equipment can do this depending on how it is configured.

Generally push wants to leave a socket open to the server for around 30 minutes if possible. EAS wants one open socket for each mailbox, IMAP IDLE wants one open socket for every synced folder. IMAP will completely refuse to push and fallback to the manual polling rate if the socket does not remain open for the requested interval, which is usually 30 minutes. EAS will start stepping down the rate at which it tears down the socket and reopens another until it finds a window that works. But if it gets to something like a 5-7 minute window and the network is still closing the session prematurely, it will also revert to only updating at the hard poll rate.

The interesting thing is I have noticed recent builds of BB10 no longer have a user-settable fallback poll rate for EAS connections. This setting "Sync Interval" is set to "Manual" and greyed-out/unchangeable.

Maybe BlackBerry thought they would be "smart" by eliminating that "complication" but in reality have handicapped EAS in cases where it cannot establish a reliable push link.
    02-16-14 11:21 PM
    Now that it's the end of the week, I was wondering if anyone had any feedback with .2141 and the Exchange delayed e-mail issue? Just curious if people are still finding that this bug is slightly improved but not gone?

This bug is literally my last holdout before I buy a Q10...

Thanks very much for everyone's help!
    Jeremy
    02-22-14 01:03 AM
    Now that it's the end of the week, I was wondering if anyone had any feedback with .2141 and the Exchange delayed e-mail issue? Just curious if people are still finding that this bug is slightly improved but not gone?

Jeremy

There used to be an issue with 10.1 OSes where a Calendar exception could cause email delivery delays. I wonder if it's possible that some element of this is still happening:

KB34563-BlackBerry 10 smartphone experiences mail delays with Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync due to calendar exceptions
    02-22-14 07:26 AM

Jeremy
    I am not seeing any significant delays myself. There are still syncing delays as that is the nature of ActiveSync (and has nothing to do with BlackBerry).

I don't know that anyone can predict what you will experience with your server.

02-22-14 07:35 AM
    The majority of my emails from Exchange come within a minute of when there are received by my PC. About 10% are delayed by 10 to 15 minutes. I am also noticing similar delays with my Gmail account.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 08:54 AM
    The majority of my emails from Exchange come within a minute of when there are received by my PC. About 10% are delayed by 10 to 15 minutes. I am also noticing similar delays with my Gmail account.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your feedback. Out of curiosity, did you experience the 10-15 min delays prior to 10.2.1? Just wanted to confirm that it was the update causing the problem and not random EAS issues...
    02-22-14 01:09 PM
    I am not seeing any significant delays myself. There are still syncing delays as that is the nature of ActiveSync (and has nothing to do with BlackBerry).

I don't know that anyone can predict what you will experience with your server.

Thanks for your response - I appreciate it. You do make a good point about it being specific to some servers. But the fact that this bug seems to have appeared in 10.2.1 is what is making me hesitant. If it existed the whole time then I would understand the risk. But it now seems like the probability has increased that a random user will experience this problem, which is my concern. I actually tried the Q10 when it was first released (for a week) and one of the most impressive things in my experience was the very quick mail sync integration with EAS. So I know my server works well with the old BB10 but not sure about 10.2.1.

I will probably wait until the VZW OS is released to see what version they finally release before making a decision. Thanks for your help!
    02-22-14 01:17 PM
    There used to be an issue with 10.1 OSes where a Calendar exception could cause email delivery delays. I wonder if it's possible that some element of this is still happening:

KB34563-BlackBerry 10 smartphone experiences mail delays with Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync due to calendar exceptions
    Thanks for the info. It seems like this was fixed in 10.1. Hopefully they didn't break this in 10.2.1, as I won't be able to turn off the options they required as a workaround. It will be interesting to see what is causing these problems if they finally resolved it...
    02-22-14 01:18 PM
    I loaded 2141 thinking and hoping it would take care of my work server connection for email.. but to no avail this has not happened. I am still unable to connect to my company server. Ever since 10.2

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 10:34 PM
    I loaded 2141 thinking and hoping it would take care of my work server connection for email.. but to no avail this has not happened. I am still unable to connect to my company server. Ever since 10.2

Posted via CB10
    What issue(s) are you seeing? Have you verified ActiveSync is set up and working correctly with a connectivity tool such as this one:
    https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

02-22-14 10:40 PM
    Thanks HF, I'm not the IT guy and will ask him on Monday as I work from home remotely from another state. Appreciate your comments and suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 11:18 PM
    Thanks HF, I'm not the IT guy and will ask him on Monday as I work from home remotely from another state. Appreciate your comments and suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    No problem. If you don't get concrete answers then you can use that Microsoft testing website I linked then you can see for yourself if ActiveSync is even turned on and possibly working.

02-23-14 07:34 AM
338 ... 56789 ...