06-14-14 08:23 PM
338 ... 34567 ...
tools
    They don't provide email services. The device is activated as workspace only. clarify what you mean by what you say pls.

I just assumed, if this was a single company or organization, that the people operating the BES, since its sole purpose is mobile device security and management, would have some kind of idea what sort of email system you use.

That just seems kind of bizarre to me.
    02-03-14 09:20 AM
    I just assumed, if this was a single company or organization, that the people operating the BES, since its sole purpose is mobile device security and management, would have some kind of idea what sort of email system you use.

That just seems kind of bizarre to me.
    We do use email services, but they don't manage them. We use our personal hosting provider - they just take care of the activation and bes.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:29 AM
    We do use email services, but they don't manage them. We use our personal hosting provider - they just take care of the activation and bes.

Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps someone with more BES experience than I can help you on the details.
    02-03-14 08:16 PM
    I have had this issue through all the 10.2.1 leaks and now the official version also has it. You setup the Exchange ActiveSync account, no BES server, you accept the Exchange security policy, your email downloads. If you reboot the phone and goto your mailbox in the hub it is empty. You have to go into accounts settings where there is red writing saying you have to accept the IT policy. I enter my Exchange password again and save, the phone then pops up the device password logon asking for admin access. Once I also enter this password my email starts to download again. This behaviour never existed before and I believe it is a bug or by design, not sure, caused by the way the security settings are being applied to the phone.

I have done a full security wipe and reset to factory defaults twice and the behaviour still exists. The only thing I didn't do was delete my Exchange ActiveSync account from the exchange server. Maybe I should also delete that and start fresh there too.
    02-04-14 12:45 PM
    We are using pop email. Provider is currently Network Solutions.

Carrier is Digicel. Country Trinidad.

Posted via CB10
    How are you running BES with a POP server? If didn't think that was even possible.

How are your devices being quarantined? I.E. What's quarantining them?

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    02-05-14 08:05 PM
    [BOX][/BOX]
    How are you running BES with a POP server? If didn't think that was even possible.

How are your devices being quarantined? I.E. What's quarantining them?

Did you read my reply earlier? The devices are activated using Workspace only, no mailbox or sync is supported. Any email accounts are user configured.
    The 10.2 devices lock after two minutes or after trying to change email account settings. The 10.2.1 devices just lock out the pim,browser, emails etc, but calls and bbm work fine. At the top of the email accounts in the hub is the message device has been quarantined.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 07:57 AM
    [BOX][/BOX]

Did you read my reply earlier? The devices are activated using Workspace only, no mailbox or sync is supported. Any email accounts are user configured.
    The 10.2 devices lock after two minutes or after trying to change email account settings. The 10.2.1 devices just lock out the pim,browser, emails etc, but calls and bbm work fine. At the top of the email accounts in the hub is the message device has been quarantined.

Posted via CB10
    I did but apparently I didn't understand your situation. Since I don't understand your situation I am going to bow out of providing any assistance.

I wish you good luck in getting your situation resolved.

02-06-14 09:19 AM
    I did but apparently I didn't understand your situation. Since you are going to be rude then I am going to bow out of providing any assistance as I have other things to do.

I wish you good luck in getting your situation resolved.

I wasn't intending to be rude... I haven't any personal feelings against any one here. I'm very pleased about the help everyone is trying to give. I just wanted to know if you had read the replys to other posts!

What other info do you need! I'm just a sub admin in a different timezone to the main server admin and they don't understand what's happening in my region.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 09:24 AM
    I wasn't intending to be rude... I haven't any personal feelings against any one here. I'm very pleased about the help everyone is trying to give. I just wanted to know if you had read the replys to other posts!

What other info do you need! I'm just a sub admin in a different timezone to the main server admin and they don't understand what's happening in my region.

My suggestion: post this question somewhere where there are more people with enterprise and BES experience paying attention - most of the people in these leak sections are not enterprise users. (However do not cross-post, the management here frowns on that. Pick a forum that seems most appropriate or active, and if you don't get responses, try another)

And make sure your thread title is descriptive. "Exchange Issue" isn't very specific, and does not even apply in your case anyway, it seems.

BES 10 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

BlackBerry Administrators - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Business Users - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    02-06-14 07:01 PM
    We need new leak without the exchange bugs!

Posted via CB10
    bvn007 likes this.
    02-07-14 02:22 PM
    I have had this issue through all the 10.2.1 leaks and now the official version also has it. You setup the Exchange ActiveSync account, no BES server, you accept the Exchange security policy, your email downloads. If you reboot the phone and goto your mailbox in the hub it is empty. You have to go into accounts settings where there is red writing saying you have to accept the IT policy. I enter my Exchange password again and save, the phone then pops up the device password logon asking for admin access. Once I also enter this password my email starts to download again. This behaviour never existed before and I believe it is a bug or by design, not sure, caused by the way the security settings are being applied to the phone.

I have done a full security wipe and reset to factory defaults twice and the behaviour still exists. The only thing I didn't do was delete my Exchange ActiveSync account from the exchange server. Maybe I should also delete that and start fresh there too.
    I have this identical issue, only appeared on 10.2.1. Did not have any issues with 10.2.0.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 01:12 PM
    I have been using my corporate email in my Z10 on 10.2.1.537 and found main issue of syncing contacts, calendar frequently (without knowing) exact reason or issue. Due to re sync it is consuming 200 plus mb every time. I found few times when i reboot or whenever my email asks me to renter the email password (not sure why it asks some times when it gets disconnected). I am not facing this issue in other my personal email accounts of outlook, yahoo, etc. but only facing issue with my corporate email account.

Can somebody help i. why it is re-syncing ii. is there a process to stop to resync (save some data plan) iii. is there any fix available if this is known issue?
    02-10-14 03:20 AM
    I had the problem when using the Notes Traveller settings. Found out that the problem was when is was trying to sync the to-do list. Apparently our version of notes traveller on the server does not support to-do lists so when the phone was trying to sync this item it would keep asking for the password and I would have to re-sync everything again. Turned this option off and now it works without any issues.

I have been using my corporate email in my Z10 on 10.2.1.537 and found main issue of syncing contacts, calendar frequently (without knowing) exact reason or issue. Due to re sync it is consuming 200 plus mb every time. I found few times when i reboot or whenever my email asks me to renter the email password (not sure why it asks some times when it gets disconnected). I am not facing this issue in other my personal email accounts of outlook, yahoo, etc. but only facing issue with my corporate email account.

Can somebody help i. why it is re-syncing ii. is there a process to stop to resync (save some data plan) iii. is there any fix available if this is known issue?
    02-10-14 05:37 AM
    Known issue

When before rebooting or just after put in airplane mode.
    Wait until hub is loaded
    Then switch airplane mode off
    It will ask you to to enter you device password number of times depending on how many exchange accounts you have
    Then it should not resync

Worked for me

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 06:15 AM
    Okay, time to ask if anyone has talked with Blackberry recently or had any update. This problem first began to be reported early December http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...10-2-a-882973/
    It is now February and with the latest update, I let Verizon update my radio files so I could stop getting my Hub notification of a software update and now my phone battery dies faster than ever. Time to rollback the radio files. In any case this issue is more annoying than ever, hate the time it takes to reset your contact and email list. Not only that but anytime you set speed dial and it has pulled a pic from FB or Linkedin those disappear as well until you "re-link" your contacts.

This is a pretty major fail, more than enough time has passed to have a fix. Is this really being looked into?
    02-10-14 12:00 PM
    Ever since the first 10.2.1 OS I have encountered issues with my Exchange ActiveSync account. I have a Exchange 2010 account. After every reboot the account gives a subset error and I have to go into the account and save settings again. After saving settings it makes me reenter device pass code. The Exchange server requires a pass code for all connected mobile devices. After doing this it downloads all email, contacts, calendar etc. This becomes a huge data and battery hog after every reboot.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted via CB10
    Do you have any screen shots? I would love to see this. I could be mistaken but I don't think Exchange has the ability to require a code to activate devices through ActiveSync unless you have some kind of 3rd party tool installed, do you have an AV MDM server installed? I know that Kaspersky for instance has a mobile server now for Exchange ActiveSync that allows you to push out push out and managed AV on your EAS devices.
    02-10-14 02:16 PM
    Okay, time to ask if anyone has talked with Blackberry recently or had any update. This problem first began to be reported early December http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...10-2-a-882973/
    It is now February and with the latest update, I let Verizon update my radio files so I could stop getting my Hub notification of a software update and now my phone battery dies faster than ever. Time to rollback the radio files. In any case this issue is more annoying than ever, hate the time it takes to reset your contact and email list. Not only that but anytime you set speed dial and it has pulled a pic from FB or Linkedin those disappear as well until you "re-link" your contacts.

This is a pretty major fail, more than enough time has passed to have a fix. Is this really being looked into?
    They have a fix for the subset error (account wipe-out) and have had it fixed for a couple weeks. I've been given word from as high up as you can get on the software side, except for Chen himself. This could be part of the delay that's hitting AT&T/Verizon and some European carriers. They may not want to release the version that has this bug, and they're currently testing an update. They may also be waiting to have a fix for the delayed email delivery issue (which they do not have a fix for yet). They really should get the first fix out ASAP as it's far more serious.

Do you have any screen shots? I would love to see this. I could be mistaken but I don't think Exchange has the ability to require a code to activate devices through ActiveSync unless you have some kind of 3rd party tool installed, do you have an AV MDM server installed? I know that Kaspersky for instance has a mobile server now for Exchange ActiveSync that allows you to push out push out and managed AV on your EAS devices.
    See my post on the second page of the thread with screen shots http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ml#post9821509
    zipped and jeremyr4 like this.
    02-10-14 02:36 PM
    It doesn't have a code to "activate" EAS like BES has an activation code. The issue is when the EAS policy enforces a password on the device and upon reboot you don't enter the password the first time EAS calls for it (initial refresh of the account after reboot).
    02-10-14 02:39 PM
    They have a fix for the subset error (account wipe-out) and have had it fixed for a couple weeks. I've been given word from as high up as you can get on the software side, except for Chen himself. This could be part of the delay that's hitting AT&T/Verizon and some European carriers. They may not want to release the version that has this bug, and they're currently testing an update. They may also be waiting to have a fix for the delayed email delivery issue (which they do not have a fix for yet). They really should get the first fix out ASAP as it's far more serious.

See my post on the second page of the thread with screen shots http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ml#post9821509
    Thanks for the update.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 05:35 PM
    Hey there Jonty. Thanks for the reply. Great to know they have the active sync issue solved. Feel free to pass on we would love to beta the fix for them, don't mind having one of the two issues fixed sooner than later. Heck, everyone loves new leaks, leak one now, one later, everyone is happy.

There is nothing like having the boss call asking you to conference in a customer and having to tell the boss "Well, funny thing sir, I don't have any of the numbers in the expensive phone you purchased for me. Please call back in 15 to 60 minutes while said phone re-indexes."
    02-10-14 06:58 PM
    I almost loaded 10.2.1 onto my Q10 then saw this issue. Many companies use Active Sync/Exchange, and we rely heavily on our blackberry OS working flawlessly with that system, as ill conceived as it may be. I will gladly wait until this problem is completely solved. Do not need this headache.
    02-10-14 07:55 PM
    I almost loaded 10.2.1 onto my Q10 then saw this issue. Many companies use Active Sync/Exchange, and we rely heavily on our blackberry OS working flawlessly with that system, as ill conceived as it may be. I will gladly wait until this problem is completely solved. Do not need this headache.
    02-10-14 08:02 PM
    Fyi, BlackBerry has this issue listed in their knowledge base now...

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 01:39 PM
    Fyi, BlackBerry has this issue listed in their knowledge base now...

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the update. What a disaster.

Slightly off topic, can anyone tell me how to roll back to 10.2.0 using Sachesi?

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 02:02 PM
    So no recognition by BlackBerry of the second bug -- the delayed email?

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 03:03 PM
338 ... 34567 ...