06-14-14 08:23 PM
338 12345 ...
tools
    I was told yesterday they have a fix for the subset error. They're still working on the delayed delivery issue. No idea of timing for the fix to be released.
    Given this capability works as expected in 10.2.0.x and is as Enterprise as it gets, I would think Mr. Chen wants it working flawlessly for 10.2.1.x, no?
    01-25-14 07:29 PM
    I'm having the same problem, and sometimes two or three times in one day. I don't ever reboot my phone since I charge it all the time.

The company is using exchange 2003 And I have a simple password.

10.2.1 Exchange Issue-img_20140126_180551.png

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 06:38 PM
    Another horrible issue related to this one is that sometimes, the same account, has an error between the header of the message and the actual message, so when you try to open one email, opens another email from a week before.

Someone is experiencing the same?
    Thanks
    Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 07:07 PM
    I've seen this and reported to BlackBerry already. Appears message index list files may be getting corrupt, but do eventually repair themselves. I've sent device debug logs and they have been working on it.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    01-27-14 10:02 AM
    Same issue. Sometimes works well for weeks. My contacts git corrupted last time. Got many linked contact that have nothing to do with the actual contact all though you don't see it in the details of the account.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 04:02 PM
    So I checked BlackBerry Link and it now shows software package 10.2.1.537 (10.2.1.1925 os/ 10.2.1.1899 radio).

I have been using 10.2.1.1925 and it has been great, but I can?t believe they would release with the known issues in this thread. I think there is a HUGE risk of pissing off their corporate exchange users.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 242288
    Last edited by tmf06; 01-27-14 at 07:34 PM. Reason: added picture
    bvn007 likes this.
    01-27-14 07:19 PM
    FYI, the following is an email our mobile support sent out today to BB10 users:

Hello,

You are receiving this email because our records show that you own a Verizon BlackBerry Z10 or Q10. Over the weekend Verizon began rolling out a significant update to your device. The update is 10.2.1.1925 (537) which includes new features such as improved notifications and the priority hub. Unfortunately, in our testing this update has two significant issues with [Corporate] email services.

1. Slow/Delayed Email Delivery - Automatic push email updates may be delayed as much as 10 to 120 minutes.
    This problem existed in the previous versions of the OS since 10.1. We have a workaround for this problem which involves changing the mail retrieval settings on your phone to "Manual". BlackBerry is aware of this issue and continuing to work on a fix.

2. Missing [Corporate] email after device reboot – After a device reboot all [Corporate] email may appear to be missing and a “subset” error will appear in your Blackberry Hub. The workaround for this issue is to re-enter your [Corporate email] password in the Settings application, however this can be inconvenient as all of your mail, contacts, and calendar items will need to be synced again(time varies on how much content you sync to your device). BlackBerry is aware of this issue and is working on a fix.

As you have read, this update has its pro’s and con’s. At this point I would recommend you hold off on the update if possible to see how BlackBerry and Verizon react in the coming days/weeks. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.
    zipped, tmf06, bvn007 and 1 others like this.
    01-27-14 08:04 PM
    I can't believe they are releasing this version of the OS. I now have to tell all my clients to not update.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 05:23 AM
    I can confirm that after the official incremental update that the issue is still present.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 07:06 AM
    Amazing. Leakers expect some problems, but this will definitely get some noise from people installing the official version.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    01-28-14 12:11 PM
    I think I do have the issue too.

Also, it seems that I cannot select "picture password", which is sad as this feature is awesome on BB10....

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 01:55 PM
    So, I owe you some more details...

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925

At work, we had Exchange 2003 server. No device password needed. Anyway, I have been using picture password for a few weeks now as it is awesome feature. This means I have a "normal" device password with text and also the picture password. Quick password is not activated.
    This 2003 server works well for email, calendar and tasks. This old server couldn't handle all contacts that I had to sync via BBLink.

The company is migrating to Exchange 2007 server, so I'm giving it a go.
    The IT tick the box "requires a password on device", but I don't really worry as I'm already using one (two actually).
    Food news for me, it seems that I can now sync my 3500+ Outlook contacts wireless la. Yeah!
    Bad news, I can no longer use Picture Password. The option appears in the menu but when I go back and come back, it disappears.... this let me think that there is a blob somewhere.
    if I manage to set up a picture password, it is totally bypassed by the phone and I have to enter the normal text password. Boring. And then the device picture option disappeared anyway so...

So far I haven't had the subnet error, but I'm monitoring. I had a weird password issue after a restart, but cannot remember exactly what.

Anybody else experiencing this ?

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 02:27 PM
    Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 [...]

Anyway, I have been using picture password for a few weeks now as it is awesome feature. This means I have a "normal" device password with text and also the picture password. Quick password is not activated.[...]

Bad news, I can no longer use Picture Password. The option appears in the menu but when I go back and come back, it disappears.... this let me think that there is a blob somewhere.
    if I manage to set up a picture password, it is totally bypassed by the phone and I have to enter the normal text password. Boring. And then the device picture option disappeared anyway so...

So far I haven't had the subnet error, but I'm monitoring. I had a weird password issue after a restart, but cannot remember exactly what.

Anybody else experiencing this ?

My general impression of Picture Password is that it is buggy. I'm not sure there's been a stable version released yet. And some 3rd-party apps seem to conflict with it to the extent that it may become essentially impossible to login to the device at some point, requiring an OS re-install to use it again.
    01-28-14 09:48 PM
    I don't agree was this statement. I used picture password for weeks on the leak without issue.

It is actually pretty simple to use and seems quite safe !

Anyway, this doesn't solve our issues with Exchange and Active Sync.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 12:38 AM
    I don't agree was this statement. I used picture password for weeks on the leak without issue.

It is actually pretty simple to use and seems quite safe !

One of the perennial problems with venues like this are people who inappropriately extrapolate a singular, limited-time experience to the entire userbase of millions of other people with all sorts of different variables.

I am not imagining the issue, it has been reported by various people. And I'm sure it will work 100% reliably until it stops.

Maybe it's finally been fixed in 1925, maybe not. Various people in the threads below are running 1925.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...earing-880852/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ed-yet-893428/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...en-bug-894782/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-help-897233/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...orking-898398/
    01-29-14 02:43 AM
    Ever since the first 10.2.1 OS I have encountered issues with my Exchange ActiveSync account. I have a Exchange 2010 account. After every reboot the account gives a subset error and I have to go into the account and save settings again. After saving settings it makes me reenter device pass code. The Exchange server requires a pass code for all connected mobile devices. After doing this it downloads all email, contacts, calendar etc. This becomes a huge data and battery hog after every reboot.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted via CB10
    This is known bug in .537 release. Its reason why some carriers like O2 and Vodafone testing .671 (?) (.2003) build. ETA is set on half of February in central Europe.
    01-29-14 04:19 AM
    Question : have you tried the 1926 radio instead of the 1899 supplied with release 537 ?

I'm using this radio and haven't been able to get the "subnet" error. Exchange 2003 (no password) and 2007 with password.

Very simple to install, just run the exe file and plug your phone.

PS: thanks for the links about Picture Password, I will read them.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 05:56 AM
    Question : have you tried the 1926 radio instead of the 1899 supplied with release 537 ?

I'm using this radio and haven't been able to get the "subnet" error. Exchange 2003 (no password) and 2007 with password.

Very simple to install, just run the exe file and plug your phone.

PS: thanks for the links about Picture Password, I will read them.

Posted via CB10
    I am using the. 1926 radio and it doesn't fix the subset error issue.

01-29-14 07:50 AM
    I am using the. 1926 radio and it doesn't fix the subset error issue.

Ditto.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 09:26 AM
    Funny thing is no one has really commented about is another problem caused by this error. I have had the issue since two updates ago, think user Hotfix thought I was nuts as initially it was so limited in who was reporting the issue. My IT dept laughed at the idea of making single policy requiring no password for the device considering the amount of data we carry on it. So glad this thread exists!

As to the other problem, it's typically when I reset the phone I look for the password request upon reboot. Problem is when I am on my last leg of battery and it dies not only do we have to wait such a long time for enough power in the battery to start a reboot but if you miss the password when the phone restarts obliviously we are screwed. Have to enter your password, then go to settings, accounts, hit save, reenter password. Your phone begins reindexing or putting the data back on the phone. I carry a ton of data, past email history for on the fly reference as well as a pretty extensive contact list. You are pretty much stuck on a charger for the next hour plus as the reindexing occurs, draws a lot of power for the reindex and you are not going anywhere with your phone for a bit. This is a huge pain point not to mention not being able to access email or contact data until the sync is complete.

So glad everyone persisted and got this problem acknowledged. Thank you! The new OS is pretty brilliant and night and day difference compared to OS 10.1. Outside of this issue, it's refreshing to be showing off my Z10 to my friends again with BB and Android.
    01-29-14 10:12 AM
    Funny thing is no one has really commented about is another problem caused by this error. I have had the issue since two updates ago, think user Hotfix thought I was nuts as initially it was so limited in who was reporting the issue. My IT dept laughed at the idea of making single policy requiring no password for the device considering the amount of data we carry on it. So glad this thread exists!
    For the record I didn't think you were nuts, I just always have rule out user error and clarify what exactly is going on when no one else is reporting the error (which as subsequently proven to be more wide spread). :-)

I'm glad you and the others persisted in reporting this issue because that's the only way these things get identified as true system issues and eventually addressed.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    zipped likes this.
    01-30-14 06:24 AM
    And it is very kind from you to help make the bridge with bugs described here and BlackBerry, as long as you have the ability to.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 06:46 AM
    Ha!
    I recently set up my Z10 with my Microsoft.com email account and just a few minutes ago had my first reboot since then (because I dropped my phone and the battery popped out) and I got the same post unlock prompt to re-enter my unlock code as the rest of you.

So I am seeing it now as well. I didn't have this issue before because my prior work place uses a BES10 to control the devices and the ActiveSync policy was pretty vanilla (because it didn't need to be touched).

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Last edited by HotFix; 01-30-14 at 02:36 PM.
    zipped likes this.
    01-30-14 09:26 AM
    I wish I knew this problem existed... would have not updated. I think Blackberry is just demonstrating that they are not able to produce a stable, working product... It is unbelievable that they would roll out an update with such a problem.
    bvn007 likes this.
    01-30-14 02:39 PM
    I have been looking forward to 10.2.1 - so much so that I have literally held off re-buying a Verizon Q10 until the official 10.2.1 was confirmed to be received by Verizon users (I'm talking months of tracking this), as I have been using a Motorola Q9c w/extended battery since 2009 and I'm looking forward to getting the Q10. I even already bought the extended battery for it and it's sitting on my desk waiting for 10.2.1 (4400 mAh)! And, to answer some questions, I did give the Q10 when it first came out with Verizon but had some major issues with it. Most notably, the battery didn't last a full day for me due to the 3-4 hrs of talk time I use everyday + Exchange Push, so the Q10 just wasn't an option for me. But, more importantly, a lot of the features in 10.2.1 solve a lot of the problems I originally reported so I figured I would take the plunge again as soon as 10.2.1 was officially released. If you search on my name you'll see a pretty comprehensive Pro/Con review I wrote up mid-2013 that explained why I was returning the Q10 and waiting for an extended battery to be released + future software updates.

Anyhow, so after waiting for months for 10.2.1 to be released I see that many of you are having the ActiveSync issue and it's not clear whether it will cause a problem for me? I use a cloud service that hosts my e-mail on an Exchange 2007 Server so I clearly can't get them to change password policies, etc. So here's my question: Does EVERYONE using ActiveSync with Exchange now have the reported issues or is it just a particular version of Exchange Server and/or a particular setup on the server that is causing these problems and/or something to do with Picture Password (which I would be happy to not use if it avoid the problems)? I'm asking because I don't want to wait to buy the Q10 (once Verizon officially releases the update next week) but I also don't want to buy it if I'm going to have major ActiveSync problems, as I'm just too busy for that and my Motorola Q9c is 100% reliable (albeit it VERY slow!).

Any thoughts/feedback? Sorry for the bother but I have read the entire thread and it's stil not clear to me what is causing the issue(s). Thanks in advance - I sincerely appreciate it.

Jeremy
    bvn007 likes this.
    01-30-14 02:49 PM
338 12345 ...