06-14-14 09:23 PM
338 1234 ...
tools
    Got my first subset error on 1925 tonight. So much for the fix.
    Do you have an existing sr open so we can all join in reporting logfiles to BlackBerry in the same place?

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    12-29-13 02:47 PM
    Am also having the same issue on .1925. Had it on .1055 too.

It doesn't just happen when I reboot, it happens periodically throughout the day. Can't figure out the pattern for what causes it.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 08:59 PM
    Out of curiosity does anyone use a complex password to lock their device?

I am using the simple password option and wondering if the issue is related to complexity requirements set by my company. Not sure what our requirements are though.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    12-29-13 09:07 PM
    Out of curiosity does anyone use a complex password to lock their device?

I am using the simple password option and wondering if the issue is related to complexity requirements set by my company. Not sure what our requirements are though.

Just using simple password on mine. Only happens on reboot

12-29-13 11:59 PM
    I'm having the same exchange active sync issue since updating to 1259.

Account drop/pass code request appears to be random. I can go a few days or it will drop 1-2 times a day.

Also using simple password.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 02:11 AM
    Simple password here too. Hmm.

Just using simple password on mine. Only happens on reboot

12-30-13 09:21 AM
    Update; I had my IT guys create a special policy just for me - basically no policy - and bluetooth is back working. However, I am asked for my device password at odd times when accessing the hub.

Will try a full password for today and see if it behaves differently.
    12-30-13 09:24 AM
    Based on a sample size of 1, I may have found a work around for this issue.

I shut down my phone in airplane mode, then replaced the battery and restarted. I waited for a couple of minutes after the Hub became available, then turned off airplane mode (only 3G available).

Although I was asked to enter my device password, the complete Exchange re sync was avoided.

I will repeat next time I have to restart. In the meantime, would be interested to hear if this works for anyone else.

Posted via CB10
    yackmuch360 likes this.
    01-06-14 10:50 PM
    Do you have an existing sr open so we can all join in reporting logfiles to BlackBerry in the same place?

Sorry, just seeing this.

No, we've worked directly with the dev teams since we had our issues with the first release of 10.1. (We're a firm in 160 countries and one of the BlackBerry press releases in the past couple months was about BES10 adoption at one of our member firms).

We don't work through customer service or SRs.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 11:03 PM
    Based on a sample size of 1, I may have found a work around for this issue.

I shut down my phone in airplane mode, then replaced the battery and restarted. I waited for a couple of minutes after the Hub became available, then turned off airplane mode (only 3G available).

Although I was asked to enter my device password, the complete Exchange re sync was avoided.

I will repeat next time I have to restart. In the meantime, would be interested to hear if this works for anyone else.

Posted via CB10
    It seems that resync is avoided if you enter your password immediately when it prompts you with no delay. If you don?t notice it or take too long to do it then you will get the error.

I would guess that by being in airplane mode that you are ensuring that you are paying attention to when it finally prompts you for the password after turning it off.

I have been successful recently entering my password the second time very quickly before the subset error and preventing it, but you just have to pay close attention during the reboot so you see when it prompts. It didn't require airplane mode but I like the idea as a way to control when the password prompts after a reboot so you don't have to jump on it during the reboot.

01-06-14 11:29 PM
    Sorry, just seeing this.

No, we've worked directly with the dev teams since we had our issues with the first release of 10.1. (We're a firm in 160 countries and one of the BlackBerry press releases in the past couple months was about BES10 adoption at one of our member firms).

We don't work through customer service or SRs.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, I know the feeling as we've been beta testing since March when early unofficial edirectory support was provided. I asked cause someone else asked me same thing a few weeks back.
    We made their twitter feed with 10.2 release... I know, exciting times. Don't all line up for autographs now. Haha

01-07-14 02:15 AM
    It seems that resync is avoided if you enter your password immediately when it prompts you with no delay. If you don?t notice it or take too long to do it then you will get the error.

I would guess that by being in airplane mode that you are ensuring that you are paying attention to when it finally prompts you for the password after turning it off.

I have been successful recently entering my password the second time very quickly before the subset error and preventing it, but you just have to pay close attention during the reboot so you see when it prompts. It didn't require airplane mode but I like the idea as a way to control when the password prompts after a reboot so you don't have to jump on it during the reboot.

You are correct that I promptly responded to the password request, so your hypothesis is likely spot-on.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 10:47 AM
    You are correct that I promptly responded to the password request, so your hypothesis is likely spot-on.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that is correct. You have to keep a close eye on your phone after a reboot to be sure to enter the password on time. The problem is when there's a random reboot and you don't know it's happening.

For those that haven't seen the error, see screenshot (I reproduced it today to generate a log).

10.2.1 Exchange Issue-img_allsubset_error.png
    yackmuch360 likes this.
    01-07-14 04:41 PM
    and this is what the Policy message in the account screen looks like:
    10.2.1 Exchange Issue-imgpolicyaccept.png
    yackmuch360 likes this.
    01-07-14 04:45 PM
    and this is what the Policy message in the account screen looks like:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGPolicyAccept.png 
Views:	670 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	236877
    I have the same issue with corporate ActiveSync and 10.2.1.1925. Same as previous post, if I enter the password immediately it's fine, otherwise I need to resend. After any reboot or shutdown I need to enter device password twice (I am not using simple password).

This is the first ActiveSync issue I have had and I have been using since May.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 07:31 PM
    I have the same issue with corporate ActiveSync and 10.2.1.1925. Same as previous post, if I enter the password immediately it's fine, otherwise I need to resend. After any reboot or shutdown I need to enter device password twice (I am not using simple password).

This is the first ActiveSync issue I have had and I have been using since May.

Posted via CB10
    They're aware of it and working on it.

Posted via CB10
    tmf06 likes this.
    01-07-14 08:29 PM
    Further to the workaround. If the phone is in airplane mode when restarting, the need to type the device password is delayed until airplane mode is turned off. This allows slightly more leeway typing the password immediately after the dialog is displayed (assuming the restart was intentional).

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 12:54 AM
    FYI, as an update, I got word today from BB, saying they think they know what's going on with this subset error. If/when I get a test build I'll let you know if it's fixed or not.
    01-14-14 06:39 PM
    Nice. I decided to just give myself a different AS policy for the time being. Keep us updated Jonty.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 07:34 PM
    Nice. I decided to just give myself a different AS policy for the time being. Keep us updated Jonty.

Posted via CB10
    Must be nice

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 07:46 PM
    FYI, as an update, I got word today from BB, saying they think they know what's going on with this subset error. If/when I get a test build I'll let you know if it's fixed or not.
    That would be great. Had an unexpected reboot while roaming this week so used way more roaming data than needed to re-download my whole account.

01-14-14 08:51 PM
    That would be great. Had an unexpected reboot while roaming this week so used way more roaming data than needed to re-download my whole account.

Same thing happened to me roaming in Calgary about 10 days ago. That's the problem with this issue - data and battery use. Especially when roaming.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 09:00 PM
    I'm a little concerned as it seems that the official update is going to be 10.2.1.1925 and the problem will not be fixed. I am currently running 1055 where I do not get the error.
    01-25-14 12:36 PM
    Ditto. I'd love to see official acknowledgement of the issue and ETA for actual resolution!
    01-25-14 12:49 PM
    I was told yesterday they have a fix for the subset error. They're still working on the delayed delivery issue. No idea of timing for the fix to be released.

Posted via CB10
    bvn007 likes this.
    01-25-14 06:29 PM
338 1234 ...