06-14-14 09:23 PM
338 ... 121314
tools
    . Speaking of which, try turning off "Show Filed Messages" in the Hub Display and Actions menu to see if they disappear:
    Attachment 267629

It could be that the BlackBerry knows the message has been moved out of the Inbox but thinks it should still show it to you.

Good suggestion.

FWIW: I have noticed an issue with 10.2.1.2228 - at least with the recent install on my daily driver which seems fine in other respects - where Hub seems to be ignoring the "Show Sent Messages" setting. In my case - showing them regardless what I set that to.
    05-04-14 10:19 AM
    Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 07:41 PM
    Thanks for everyone's posts. I sincerely appreciate everyone trying to help. I tried the various options that were mentioned above (ie. Show Filed Messages, etc) and nothing helped.

To answer some questions, I believe I am syncing with Exchange Server 2007. It would make sense that Windows Mobile 6.1 could sync with it because the Q9c was released in 2008 (I believe). And I do have more than 5,000 e-mails in my Inbox (30 days e-mail). I likely have roughly 6,000 or so. While it might cause a problem with Exchange in general, it has never caused a problem (in years) on my Q9c in terms of syncing. So if BB is limited to roughly 5,000 e-mails or less to work properly/optimally that, in itself, is a challenge for me. If that's more of a generic Exchange issue then I can tell you it has never caused a problem on my Q9c so I'm guessing it wouldn't cause a problem on the Q10 - but who knows...

I'm probably going to return my Q10, as I don't have more time to figure out what's wrong and/or try various OS versions (I have already spent hours on it - I tried deleting my e-mail account and re-adding it, etc). I'll probably wait for the Classic + 10.3 to see if it resolves anything. For now I'm heading back to my Q9c, as it simply works...

Thanks again for everyone's help. Here's to hoping 10.3 solves these types of problems, including the delay issue...

Jeremy
    jhanks64 likes this.
    05-04-14 11:02 PM
    Just curious, did you use Sachesi to update the OS before giving up?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    05-05-14 04:13 AM
    And I do have more than 5,000 e-mails in my Inbox (30 days e-mail). I likely have roughly 6,000 or so. While it might cause a problem with Exchange in general, it has never caused a problem (in years) on my Q9c in terms of syncing. So if BB is limited to roughly 5,000 e-mails or less to work properly/optimally that, in itself, is a challenge for me. If that's more of a generic Exchange issue then I can tell you it has never caused a problem on my Q9c so I'm guessing it wouldn't cause a problem on the Q10 - but who knows...

That's not a BlackBerry thing, that's a Microsoft thing. They once stated outright that users should not keep more than 5000 msgs in a folder even for Outlook over RPC, or it will cause problems. As it turns out, that was an absolute maximum recommendation for Exchange 2003 - later server versions have higher limits.

But bear in mind - you don't want to be running 'maximum' anything for good reliable performance, especially on a small handheld device which often suffers from highly variable and often unreliable network performance already, and has a limited CPU and RAM too.

Which is probably a key reason why I've been told by Exchange hosting companies even running much newer Exchange systems and hear other Exchange admins recommend to keep the per-folder item count below 5,000 to minimize potential Outlook or EAS issues.

http://hosting.intermedia.net/support/kb/?id=1420

http://blogs.appriver.com/Blog/bid/9...er-Item-Counts

http://503sayhelo.wordpress.com/2012...s-of-exchange/

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/905803

(Links at bottom of article for newer Exchange versions)
    Last edited by Omnitech; 05-05-14 at 05:40 AM.
    05-05-14 05:24 AM
    For whatever it is worth my work email is miraculously working on the Z30. I downloaded the last 10.2.1 leak and for a week nothing. One day last week, Tuesday I believe, it started getting email. All is well.

I wasn't notified of any changes. Something must have been corrected as work setup up a MDM via MAAS360. I am supposed to use a Motorola X but since the Z30 works the Motorola sits in the drawer.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 07:04 PM
    For whatever it is worth my work email is miraculously working on the Z30. I downloaded the last 10.2.1 leak and for a week nothing. One day last week, Tuesday I believe, it started getting email. All is well.

I wasn't notified of any changes. Something must have been corrected as work setup up a MDM via MAAS360. I am supposed to use a Motorola X but since the Z30 works the Motorola sits in the drawer.

I assume your email infrastructure was changed so that the device you are connecting to with EAS is different than the previous one and has a different way of handshaking with mobile devices, or at the very least, is configured differently, being more compatible with the BlackBerry.

Glad it's working for you now.
    05-19-14 07:15 PM
    Please be more specific...
    Delays on incoming email? If so how long?
    Delays on mailbox changed syncing (as in deleted items not reconciling right away)?
    Is the issue constant or just once and a whole? If it is once and a while are there any commonalities when it happens?
    What version of Exchange are you using EAS with?
    When did you first notice the issue?

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    Delays are on my work email only which I believe is Exchange 2010. I notice that email doesn't come in for a while and then several come together with timestamps up to a half hour earlier.

No delays for the same email to my desktop, and no delays from my personal Hotmail account.

Haven't been bothered to load a later build than. 2947 but will at some point. Just thought I would share that it doesn't seem completely resolved in. 24947.

Has been an issue ever since 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    05-24-14 09:26 PM
    Delays are on my work email only which I believe is Exchange 2010. I notice that email doesn't come in for a while and then several come together with timestamps up to a half hour earlier.

No delays for the same email to my desktop, and no delays from my personal Hotmail account.

Haven't been bothered to load a later build than. 2947 but will at some point. Just thought I would share that it doesn't seem completely resolved in. 24947.

Has been an issue ever since 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Well... there are a lot of moving parts to an Exchange EAS deployment so I wouldn't be too quick to blame your BlackBerry device. Especially since it appears to be working fine with Hotmail which is a tweaked version of Exchange 2013 under the hood.

An Exchange ActiveSync device registers itself with the Client Access Servers so they know to "direct push" new email notifications to the device. There are a number of scenarios where this setup itself could run into issues.

Step #1 is to confirm which version of Exchange you are on just so we know what we are working with. You can use OWA to confirm this.

I also recommend you try the remote connectivity analyzer for ActiveSync to make sure your work system doesn't have any obvious issues:
    https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    05-25-14 08:12 AM
    Well, that didn't last long. Stopped getting email this past Friday. It was fun while it lasted.

I assume your email infrastructure was changed so that the device you are connecting to with EAS is different than the previous one and has a different way of handshaking with mobile devices, or at the very least, is configured differently, being more compatible with the BlackBerry.

Glad it's working for you now.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 10:06 AM
    Well, that didn't last long. Stopped getting email this past Friday. It was fun while it lasted.

Posted via CB10
    Did your admins address the issue I found in your logs?

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    06-14-14 08:20 PM
    Did your admins address the issue I found in your logs?

No, they never acknowledged that they fixed it. I don't think they changed anything. Just hoping it magically works again.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 08:42 PM
    No, they never acknowledged that they fixed it. I don't think they changed anything. Just hoping it magically works again.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry. :-(

06-14-14 09:23 PM
338 ... 121314