06-14-14 08:23 PM
338 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I'm sorry you are still having issues with new email delivery. Mine is much improved.

Can you ping your contacts at BlackBerry for a KB article or something we can refer to?

I just checked to make sure Direct Push wasn't just new email notifications (like with Outlook) and confirmed it is supposed to be for new email and any changes:
    Direct Push: Exchange 2013 Help
    I have noticed that new email shows.up pretty quickly (in comparison to old versions) but changes to the mailbox like deletes still take a little time.

And thanks for keeping the information sharing ongoing!

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228
    I rarely delete mail from the account in question (auto archive), so I don't notice much other than receiving mail and synchronizing sent mail, both of which are delayed on the phone.

Sending you a PM.
    03-19-14 09:07 AM
    I checked with my email provider and they are using mailenable for active sync. I will have to keep at them to see if they can give me more detail on the active sync implementation they are using. Its strange that it works for some and does not work for other. In my case the delays can be up to several hours. I have turn push of and set the manual sync until this is sorted out.

Thanks to all for keeping this forum up to date.
    03-19-14 09:39 AM
    Just upgraded my Q10 from 10.2.1.1925 to 10.2.1.2141 - seems to have fixed the "lost activesync account issue". Thanks!!!
    HotFix likes this.
    03-20-14 08:58 AM
    Yes I too was shocked to see Microsoft wasn't running Exchange 2013 internally, but given the state of things and the direction they are headed in I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised.
    Now you've really piqued my curiosity with this "state of things and direction they are headed in" comment. Feel free to PM me what you mean by that exactly.
    03-21-14 06:36 AM
    Now you've really piqued my curiosity with this "state of things and direction they are headed in" comment. Feel free to PM me what you mean by that exactly.
    They moved me from on premise Exchange to Office 365. That pretty much sums up their direction. :-)
    It's good to see we are eating our own dog food since moving to the cloud has been the message we have been companies for quite some time. And a 50GB mailbox doesn't suck either.

03-21-14 07:04 AM
    Anybody installed the new leak to see if there is active sync improvement?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 07:38 PM
    Anybody installed the new leak to see if there is active sync improvement?

Posted via CB10
    I had a post drafted saying "I think we have a fix!"... about three hours of delay free email on my Z10 running 10.3 in parallel with my delay filled z30 running 10.2.1... then I sent myself an email with the subject "Trigger a delay?" and boom... off and on 20 - 45 minute delays the rest of the day.

So in answer to your question... no, no fix in 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 11:22 PM
    I had a post drafted saying "I think we have a fix!"... about three hours of delay free email on my Z10 running 10.3 in parallel with my delay filled z30 running 10.2.1... then I sent myself an email with the subject "Trigger a delay?" and boom... off and on 20 - 45 minute delays the rest of the day.

So in answer to your question... no, no fix in 10.3.

Sorry for the potential redundancy, but I assume that whichever network you are using to test the Z10 on, you have other devices also connected to/with and they don't have this EAS issue, correct?

Because there are network characteristics that can also manifest these sorts of symptoms at times.

And does a manual hub refresh do anything useful during the "delay period"?
    03-26-14 04:34 AM
    Sorry for the potential redundancy, but I assume that whichever network you are using to test the Z10 on, you have other devices also connected to/with and they don't have this EAS issue, correct?

Because there are network characteristics that can also manifest these sorts of symptoms at times.

And does a manual hub refresh do anything useful during the "delay period"?
    Correct on #1. I have my Z30, Z10, PlayBook, and three laptops all on the same network. PlayBook and laptops get mail instantly, Zs have the delay. If I load 10.1.xxx (post MR) back on the Z10, the delay disappears.

On #2, manual refresh does not help.
    03-26-14 09:38 AM
    I should add, the delay is not limited to one network environment - it's all network environments. In my house. At my office. Over WiFi. Over LTE. Over 3G, ... in the U.S. (regardless of state), in Canada. It's everywhere at all times.
    03-26-14 10:24 AM
    OS 10.2.1.2174 fixed my delayed email problem with my Exchange account but a new problem has arisen. Some of the spam messages that Outlook automatically sends to my junk folder are being sent to my Z10. Prior to 2174, I rarely received spam that Outlook had filtered. What would cause this?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 11:51 AM
    OS 10.2.1.2174 fixed my delayed email problem with my Exchange account but a new problem has arisen. Some of the spam messages that Outlook automatically sends to my junk folder are being sent to my Z10. Prior to 2174, I rarely received spam that Outlook had filtered. What would cause this?

Posted via CB10
    Outlook syncs the email and then makes the decision if the email is junk after it gets a local copy (think of it as downloading the message).

It could be in the past your ActiveSync connection from your BlackBerry was firing after Outlook had already seen the email and processed it, and now it's getting the email so quick Outlook hasn't had a chance to process it.

In theory your device should remove the message from view once it sees that Outlook as moved it to Junk (which Outlook has to first tell the sever).

I hope that made sense.

Omnitech likes this.
    03-26-14 05:04 PM
    OS 10.2.1.2174 fixed my delayed email problem with my Exchange account
    Interesting. Has anyone else here used that build? That's the Verizon-specific one.

They do seem to have a history of adding-in some unique fixes, it seems.

Which is why when they released 10.2.1.1925 along with everyone else it seemed so strange. Perhaps BBRY management was really pushing for as much of a synchronized release as possible, and they were trying to be a good team player.
    03-27-14 12:38 AM
    Interesting. Has anyone else here used that build? That's the Verizon-specific one.

They do seem to have a history of adding-in some unique fixes, it seems.

Which is why when they released 10.2.1.1925 along with everyone else it seemed so strange. Perhaps BBRY management was really pushing for as much of a synchronized release as possible, and they were trying to be a good team player.
    I'll try the VZ version when I get a chance. The thing is though, BlackBerry doesn't think it's fixed so if the VZ version has bit fixed it's a happy accident.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 09:29 AM
    Gents,

I'm following this thread for a while as I also experience delays with Active Sync where IMAP of the same account delivers instantly.

So I did some (speed) testing with my active sync mail accounts:
    - Active sync by Gmail for biz or edu delivers instantly - no issues
    - my other Exchange account has random delays while using active sync. This provider uses the Open-Xchange implementation.
    As stated in the beginning, with IMAP no delays also not while using Outlook desktop or my iPad Mini (evil I know )

I started with 10.2.1.1925 and all consecutive OS versions have had the same behaviour.

Thanks and keep up your awesome work!
    Stevie

Using Z10 STL-3 on 10.2.1.2234
    03-27-14 09:53 AM
    I'll try the VZ version when I get a chance. The thing is though, BlackBerry doesn't think it's fixed so if the VZ version has bit fixed it's a happy accident.
    Either that, or there are more variables at play than people realize.

For example:

...my other Exchange account has random delays while using active sync. This provider uses the Open-Xchange implementation.

The usual explanation for "seemingly random wonky software" is that we simply do not have enough data or knowledge about what is going on to see the actual cause/effect.
    03-27-14 01:16 PM
    Either that, or there are more variables at play than people realize.

For example:

The usual explanation for "seemingly random wonky software" is that we simply do not have enough data or knowledge about what is going on to see the actual cause/effect.
    BlackBerry has A LOT of data from the server side and client side from EAS setups that both work and don't work. Trust me on that. A LOT.
    03-27-14 02:06 PM
    BlackBerry has A LOT of data from the server side and client side from EAS setups that both work and don't work. Trust me on that. A LOT.
    I don't doubt that.

I was not discussing their ability to figure out what the problem is, I was discussing the tendency of users to pass something off as some "random occurrence" when that is almost never the case.

What really should be happening is people who are experiencing this issue should have a packet sniffer collecting all the communications between the device and the mail server(s) in question to see what is actually going on.

If BlackBerry had that data and still could not figure out how to fix it then yes, I would seriously question their technical acumen.
    03-27-14 02:51 PM
    Omnitech> 100% agree with you.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 04:58 PM
    Blackberry can setup a dummy office 365 account and see the delay. Anyone can get any data needed. They just don't have a fix.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 05:09 PM
    Is the delay there with Office 365? I know there's no delay with outlook.com mail.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 06:49 PM
    Delay with modifications not incoming mail

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 06:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Gotcha

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 06:57 PM

Well that's interesting.

I had thought that at some point BB10 removed the old EAS account setting for "Sync Interval", made it greyed-out and locked as "Manual". But in reviewing that, it appears it's always been that way.

Because with IMAP, the fallback sync/polling period is when non-newmail changes get synced. But I thought EAS did that during the push updates.

If not, that could be meaningful.
    03-28-14 12:58 AM
    Hi all,

I have followed this thread and would be glad if someone could PM me a summary of the issue in the form of:

- Short problem description
    - Environment description
    - describe a situation with expected result and what happens
    - steps to reproduce
    - other relevant info (like "Problem seems to happen randomly", "works on OS version 10.x" or "works on iOS 7.1")

I would then try to recreate the problem and perhaps report / discuss it with a device supporter I know a BlackBerry.

Thank you in advance.

/Jens-Peter

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 01:11 AM
338 ... 910111213 ...