06-14-14 08:23 PM
338 123 ...
tools
    Ever since the first 10.2.1 OS I have encountered issues with my Exchange ActiveSync account. I have a Exchange 2010 account. After every reboot the account gives a subset error and I have to go into the account and save settings again. After saving settings it makes me reenter device pass code. The Exchange server requires a pass code for all connected mobile devices. After doing this it downloads all email, contacts, calendar etc. This becomes a huge data and battery hog after every reboot.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 07:01 PM
    Ever since the first 10.2.1 OS I have encountered issues with my Exchange ActiveSync account. I have a Exchange 2010 account. After every reboot the account gives a subset error and I have to go into the account and save settings again. After saving settings it makes me reenter device pass code. The Exchange server requires a pass code for all connected mobile devices. After doing this it downloads all email, contacts, calendar etc. This becomes a huge data and battery hog after every reboot.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted via CB10
    When you the Exchange sever requires a "passcode", do you mean a username and password or something else?

A username and password is standard and if you go into the settings of the account and update the settings and it won't stay saved, then you should probably remove and ready the Exchange account on your device because something might be dorked with it.

If it's something else, I suggest turning on logging ActiveSync device through OWA using the following procedure:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2461792
    Don't worry that it says Office 365, it's the same steps.

Posted via CB10
    thor84sh likes this.
    12-24-13 08:25 PM
    I don't mean the username and password for the Ex hanger account. It asks for the code to unlock the phone when I save the settings. I have tried the first 10.2.1 OS and the last one. I haven't tried other Exchange accounts yet but I think I will try. This problem was not present with all other OSs before 10.2.1 with same Exchange account.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 08:41 PM
    I don't mean the username and password for the Ex hanger account. It asks for the code to unlock the phone when I save the settings. I have tried the first 10.2.1 OS and the last one. I haven't tried other Exchange accounts yet but I think I will try. This problem was not present with all other OSs before 10.2.1 with same Exchange account.

Posted via CB10
    It asks for the device unlocking password to save the information, when it is already unlocked? That is very odd and I would have to think of what setting would require that.
    Just to be clear this device is not hooked up to a BES10 server with Balance and a work space setup right? A workspace password, which can be shared with the device password, is the only thing that comes to mind but that sounds like a shot in the dark.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 08:53 PM
    I've already reported this to BlackBerry. Device is erroneously reporting to activesync server on communication after power up that it has no security policy set so server tells it to apply the appropriate one, meanwhile device locks/hides/removes account data until requirements are met.
    If left for awhile, it generally resolves itself and reports appropriate policy settings back.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    codeslinga likes this.
    12-24-13 10:00 PM
    I am not on BES10. Yes it asks for unlock code even of it isn't unlocked. Hopefully it gets fixed before this goes final.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 12:21 AM
    Can you ask your Exchange admins to temporarily assign you to a different possibly less restrictive ActiveSync policy?

Also please do try the ActiveSync Logging in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2461792

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 07:59 AM
    I am not on BES10. Yes it asks for unlock code even of it isn't unlocked. Hopefully it gets fixed before this goes final.

Posted via CB10
    I never said it was a BES issue, it's a bug in the unreleased os 10.2.1 where it reports wrong security policy when activesync server and device reconnect after power up. Your activesync admin has password policy set, device has one, but is incorrectly reporting that it doesn't.
    Nothing you can do that I know of but wait until it's fixed in a future os update.

progguy and codeslinga like this.
    12-25-13 11:22 AM
    Thanks for the info.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 11:26 AM
    I never said it was a BES issue, it's a bug in the unreleased os 10.2.1 where it reports wrong security policy when activesync server and device reconnect after power up. Your activesync admin has password policy set, device has one, but is incorrectly reporting that it doesn't.
    Nothing you can do that I know of but wait until it's fixed in a future os update.

He was responding to my question about being hooked to a BES. :-)

I think he should run this by his Exchange admins to confirm they have that policy setting turned on and possibly test another security policy to confirm it is indeed the same issue he is sharing.

Did you open a bug report with BlackBerry? If so can you share it so we can pile on and hopefully get the attention you ran into some higher priority?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 11:33 AM

I think he should run this by his Exchange admins to confirm they have that policy setting turned on and possibly test another security policy to confirm it is indeed the same issue he is sharing.

Did you open a bug report with BlackBerry? If so can you share the report number so we can pile on and hopefully get the attention you ran into some higher priority?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 11:34 AM

Did you open a bug report with BlackBerry? If so can you share it so we can pile on and hopefully get the attention you ran into some higher priority?

Posted via CB10
    I'll PM you the info. Do you work at BlackBerry?

12-25-13 01:45 PM
    I am all the admins . After the holidays I am going to play with the mobile policy.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 01:46 PM
    I'll PM you the info. Do you work at BlackBerry?

No I don't, I work for another large technology company but I have contacts at BlackBerry that I am willing to reach out to and ask to follow up in this issue. Meanwhile others could call support and ask to have their names added to the ticket you have open which would give it more weight. I might not be using the right terminology here, but essentially that is what happens when there is an existing ticket on something.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 01:55 PM
    I've reported it to BlackBerry. Good news is that I haven't had the issue since installing 1925. On 1295 I was getting it three times a day.

Bad news is that 10.2.1.x has reintroduced a delayed EAS delivery issue that the 10.1 MR had fixed.
    12-25-13 02:25 PM
    Great news! Anyone else seeing this fixed after installing 10.2.1.1925? This has been a show-stopper for me with prior 10.2.1.x leaks. Hoping to confirm this bug is fixed now.
    12-25-13 03:00 PM
    Great news! Anyone else seeing this fixed after installing 10.2.1.1925? This has been a show-stopper for me with prior 10.2.1.x leaks. Hoping to confirm this bug is fixed now.
    Still seeing on 10.2.1.1925 in our setup

12-25-13 04:45 PM
    Sounds standard if the CAS foe Exchange has the setting for mobile device must be password..

Simple check box in any exchange version 2007-2010 or 2013..

I forget where the option is in 2003 at this point as I have replaced all client servers on that version and lower.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 05:22 PM
    This started happening to me when I upgraded from 1055 to 1295. Upgrading to 1925 and downgrading to 1055 did not help. Nor did a security wipe. I will talk to the IT guys after Christmas to give me a less restrictive security policy for a while until this resolved. Very irritating to have to resync the account after every reboot!
    12-25-13 06:12 PM
    This started happening to me when I upgraded from 1055 to 1295. Upgrading to 1925 and downgrading to 1055 did not help. Nor did a security wipe. I will talk to the IT guys after Christmas to give me a less restrictive security policy for a while until this resolved. Very irritating to have to resync the account after every reboot!
    The only less restrictive activesync security policy is none at all, so you're more than likely going to be told to put a fully released and supported os on your phone. It's the risk we take and cost of running unreleased software.
    It's not an issue with BES Security policies though, so maybe you'll be lucky and your company will implement BES10.2 in the new year and both you on and your IT will be happy.

12-25-13 08:35 PM
    My issues seems to be a little different;

I installed .1925 over the 2.0 pushed by Rogers some time ago.

I have several email accounts, including a work account that is accessed via active sync. As soon as I set this account up, Bluetooth gets disabled. In the settings for Bluetooth - there is a message that says Bluetooth is disabled by admin policy.

Deleting the account fixes it instantly. The account does appear to function normally, but I don't want to be without Bluetooth in the car.

For now, I can work around somewhat turning on sync for google calendar and contacts. BUT - no work email on my phone........

Just FYI, I'm also prompted to enter my device password after setting this account up.

Thoughts on a fix on the work side?
    12-26-13 11:30 AM
    My issues seems to be a little different;

I installed .1925 over the 2.0 pushed by Rogers some time ago.

I have several email accounts, including a work account that is accessed via active sync. As soon as I set this account up, Bluetooth gets disabled. In the settings for Bluetooth - there is a message that says Bluetooth is disabled by admin policy.

Deleting the account fixes it instantly. The account does appear to function normally, but I don't want to be without Bluetooth in the car.

For now, I can work around somewhat turning on sync for google calendar and contacts. BUT - no work email on my phone........

Just FYI, I'm also prompted to enter my device password after setting this account up.

Thoughts on a fix on the work side?
    Contact your Exchange admins and ask them to put you in an ActiveSync policy that does not disable blue tooth or require a device password.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 12:55 PM
    I am all the admins . After the holidays I am going to play with the mobile policy.

Posted via CB10
    Haha. Git er done. Shhhh, we won't tell anyone if you're bypassing company security policy ;-)

HotFix likes this.
    12-27-13 07:34 PM
    FYI it does look like BlackBerry added support to disable Blue tooth devices, among other policy settings, some time in an OS 10.2 release:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compa...veSync_Clients

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 07:38 PM
    Got my first subset error on 1925 tonight. So much for the fix.
    12-29-13 12:17 AM
338 123 ...