07-13-14 12:10 PM
1,080 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    Oh, I believe you, no problem.. I was just assuming from what I was seeing. In Sachesi,, Is there a certain search location or does
    Sachesi already know where to search.. The later I expect.. Sometimes depending on what I am looking for I get no return..

Thanks guys for helping me understand..

akawarrior..
    You just put in the right credentials you find here http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...nloads-920390/ and you can download (when choosing 'update' within Sachesi, you can download Core OS, Radio + all apps, when choosing 'debrick' you can download Core OS + radio only)
    PJD642 likes this.
    04-03-14 07:54 AM
    Yeah you would need BlackBerry's signing keys, or root access to the phone, @aka

Posted via CB10
    Ok.. I see now.. Thanks..

akawarrior..
    04-03-14 07:54 AM
    You just put in the right credentials you find here http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...nloads-920390/ and you can download (when choosing 'update' within Sachesi, you can download Core OS, Radio + all apps, when choosing 'debrick' you can download Core OS + radio only)
    Wow.. That fills in a lot of blanks.. Geeze Thanks Eybee & OTHERS who have helped.. Now I see whats going on here.. Maybe this answers
    a lot of questions from others who are asking select few for OS files they need.. This rocks!!
    I can't build an autoloader to drop the hybrid in one gulp that I want but I think I can now install what I want with some practice..
    AWESOME.. Now my head doesn't hurt so much anymore.. lol :-) Now for some experimentation..

akawarrior..
    04-03-14 08:02 AM
    Sorry everyone about stealing the Thread but everyone who was in the know
    for my quest was here. Maybe this will answer a lot of questions in everyone's
    mind..

I now return this Thread back to it's regularly scheduled program.. :-)

akawarrior..
    toobs623 likes this.
    04-03-14 08:19 AM
    So I think I get the b.o.n.e.r of the day award! I grabbed a 2229 radio file for my STL100-3 without really looking at what it was for and, well, it seems it was not for my device :P That wipe / reinstall / re-update / restore took FOREVER! :P
    04-03-14 09:35 AM
    So I think I get the b.o.n.e.r of the day award! I grabbed a 2229 radio file for my STL100-3 without really looking at what it was for and, well, it seems it was not for my device :P That wipe / reinstall / re-update / restore took FOREVER! :P
    All you had to do was load the correct radio. No need to redo everything. If you had the correct OS, and received a BB-XXXX error it just means incorrect radio file. Correct radio autoloader for your device would have corrected the issue.

Via CB10 Rockin Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.140
    04-03-14 10:15 AM
    All you had to do was load the correct radio. No need to redo everything. If you had the correct OS, and received a BB-XXXX error it just means incorrect radio file. Correct radio autoloader for your device would have corrected the issue.

Via CB10 Rockin Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.140
    Thanks. So I guess it's really a double-b :P In hindsight, I did grab the autoloader radio and never even thought to try to use that seeing as it connects to boot rom...
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    04-03-14 10:26 AM
    I have a question. When I did a full restore after installing 2947 it lost about a half dozen contact. Some of them there phone number, some there email, and some just lost all of it. It's alway the same ones, my wife, one of my daughter, and then 4 other. It's done this the last two times the other was when I did 2234. Any ideas? It's not the end of the world just annoying

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.2947 on AT&T
    04-03-14 10:32 AM
    So I guess you really liked the 2229 radio, then?

Posted via CB10
    aming63 likes this.
    04-03-14 10:35 AM
    Wow, in the face of announcements calling for the end of leaks, we see a flood of them. Interesting.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 10:43 AM
    Wow, in the face of announcements calling for the end of leaks, we see a flood of them. Interesting.

Posted via CB10
    What he said... lol Predicting anything with Blackberry is like wizzing into the wend..
    You never know what dirrection and to think you know.. WRONG.. Dang..

akawarrior...
    04-03-14 11:39 AM
    Weird I tried a trial of switching my radio to use 3G only and noticed absolutely Zero difference between using 3G and LTE with this OS. I'm using it exactly the same and I drain battery just the same. The battery life is good, but u was wondering if I could push it even further by using 3G. I'm using a Z30 Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947 with radio 10.2.1.2235

Is this normal?
    04-03-14 12:04 PM
    Loaded the 2229 radio with this update (non-destructive) and after a couple of battery pulls, it seems to be running great (Thanks Toobs!)! Average battery drain appears to be around 4% hr which is good for a BB10. Its still probably indexing so it may get better or worse. Only time will tell. Still, it's a little snappier and seems quicker. I loaded the 10.3 browser and that really is faster! Thanks again Toobs! Much appreciated!
    toobs623 likes this.
    04-03-14 02:05 PM
    I have a question. When I did a full restore after installing 2947 it lost about a half dozen contact. Some of them there phone number, some there email, and some just lost all of it. It's alway the same ones, my wife, one of my daughter, and then 4 other. It's done this the last two times the other was when I did 2234. Any ideas? It's not the end of the world just annoying

You shouldn't really restore app data and settings from Link if possible. The reason it keeps repeating the same error/problem is because you have a few corrupted contact (or other) files that you continue to bring over to the new OS when you restore. this applies to any application. For instance say you have a corrupted file in Evernote and it doesn't work correctly, when you load a new OS and restore, you automatically bring that bad file over with the new OS and the problem repeats itself once again.
    Your contacts/calendar if synced with Outlook should bypass these restores but, if its a home or local contact or calendar list then it won't. If you use a web based system like Gmail or Yahoo/outlook.com for your contacts and calendar, then the problem needs to be addressed in the main menu (PC) of that program --corrected there. Once that is done, the problem should be gone.
    My best advise is the next time you load a leaked OS or any OS, if you use Autoloader, it will wipe your phone completely, and then you can do a new setup from scratch and not restore. In worst case, restoring media shouldn't be a problem but its always "iffy" when you restore app data and settings. Furthermore, now that there are issues with Link and syncing contacts, I would suggest you use a 3rd party app like Fire Chest (great application and free on BBW) to back up contacts and calendar. I hope this helps and if not, I'm sure someone else on here will have the answer. Good Luck and let us know how it goes.
    valleyag likes this.
    04-03-14 02:31 PM
    You shouldn't really restore app data and settings from Link if possible. The reason it keeps repeating the same error/problem is because you have a few corrupted contact (or other) files that you continue to bring over to the new OS when you restore. this applies to any application. For instance say you have a corrupted file in Evernote and it doesn't work correctly, when you load a new OS and restore, you automatically bring that bad file over with the new OS and the problem repeats itself once again.
    Your contacts/calendar if synced with Outlook should bypass these restores but, if its a home or local contact or calendar list then it won't. If you use a web based system like Gmail or Yahoo/outlook.com for your contacts and calendar, then the problem needs to be addressed in the main menu (PC) of that program --corrected there. Once that is done, the problem should be gone.
    My best advise is the next time you load a leaked OS or any OS, if you use Autoloader, it will wipe your phone completely, and then you can do a new setup from scratch and not restore. In worst case, restoring media shouldn't be a problem but its always "iffy" when you restore app data and settings. Furthermore, now that there are issues with Link and syncing contacts, I would suggest you use a 3rd party app like Fire Chest (great application and free on BBW) to back up contacts and calendar. I hope this helps and if not, I'm sure someone else on here will have the answer. Good Luck and let us know how it goes.
    Thanks a lot I will look into Fire Chest. I tried In touchable App Contact several times and it didn't work very well so I never tried another. I'll try that next time. Thanks again

04-03-14 02:43 PM
    So I guess you really liked the 2229 radio, then?

Posted via CB10
    Can't comment yet. I was using 2235 and battery was pretty sad. Someone mentioned 2229 seemed noticeably better so figured I'd give it a try. Too bad it cost me so much time to do that little change tho

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    04-03-14 02:46 PM
    Leaks SUCKS! Everything is for all the devices except Z10STL100-1
    04-03-14 02:51 PM
    Here we go...

Via CB10 Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    04-03-14 02:52 PM
    Can't comment yet. I was using 2235 and battery was pretty sad. Someone mentioned 2229 seemed noticeably better so figured I'd give it a try. Too bad it cost me so much time to do that little change tho

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    2229 is much better!
    04-03-14 02:59 PM
    Sure, they haven't won the Stanley Cup since 1967, but...

Oh wait, you said "Leaks".
    04-03-14 03:00 PM
    I've read and searched. I apologize if I've missed it. Does anyone have a link to the 2229 radio for Z30? Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 03:04 PM
    Thanks a lot I will look into Fire Chest. I tried In touchable App Contact several times and it didn't work very well so I never tried another. I'll try that next time. Thanks again

Although this may be handy, if you're using EAS accounts for mail, calendar and contacts, you don't need to back those up as they'd be sync'd to your account. From my standpoint, settings and chat history is what is most important for me. Link is hit and miss on settings as sometimes it backs up corruption then restores it back. Without settings, you lose all customizations of desktop and notifications, etc..that, for me, is a big downer.
    04-03-14 03:47 PM
    Having a problem with customising BBM contacts. When I set a track for a contact it plays that track for every contact.
    Anyone else having the same issue?

Via CB10 from Scotland, while pretty stoned, using Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2947.
    04-03-14 04:40 PM
    Although this may be handy, if you're using EAS accounts for mail, calendar and contacts, you don't need to back those up as they'd be sync'd to your account. From my standpoint, settings and chat history is what is most important for me. Link is hit and miss on settings as sometimes it backs up corruption then restores it back. Without settings, you lose all customizations of desktop and notifications, etc..that, for me, is a big downer.
    Have you tried using Sachesi for back up and restore of app data and settings? It works really well.
    04-03-14 05:40 PM
    I've read and searched. I apologize if I've missed it. Does anyone have a link to the 2229 radio for Z30? Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    I think its around post # 709 if I remember correctly. Check it out there.
    golfpro likes this.
    04-03-14 05:41 PM
1,080 ... 3031323334 ...