05-18-15 02:41 AM
347 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Bro!

Not this **** again, IT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!!!!!!! Get rid of those links, edit this madness.

You posted this in the group this morning at close to NOON, and even then I said it didn't work! Make sure you at least test links before posting. Or else there will be posts upon posts saying links don't work....
    Sorry bro

Posted Via my Q10
    04-16-14 06:02 PM
    edit that post dude lol put it as spotted
    04-16-14 06:12 PM
    The radio and core bar files are not installing. Comming up with Errors, the installation process skips them and installs the apps. folks that dont have the new OS name in the device might be having the same issue but dont know it.
    Ok Nwansukka--
    Go to Sachesi if you have it on your PC. If not, download it from the first thread on the Beta forums.
    Open Sachesi and load in the country code as 310 and the carrier code as 170. Complete by filling in your phone model and variant and click on search. If you have a Z you will need to click through the variants until one opens up, they are all the same except the 100 build.
    Next you will see the whole OS come up on the right side or the Sachesi screen. it should say this OS build number. 2274/2273
    Next on the bottom of the Sachesi page, click on "Download All" and walk away for a while. Sachesi will build a folder on your PC with the build number on it for a title. Once it is completed it will tell you so.
    Next plug your phone in and give it time to be recognized on your PC. Then:
    Open Sachesi back up, click on "Install" (make sure you phone is plugged in) and when the install page comes on, click on the Sachesi folder on your PC desktop and "Drag it" on to the Install page. You can also click on Folder on the top and when it opens, click on the Sachesi folder 2274 on your desktop. It will load it for you but dragging it is so much faster.
    It will begin installing instantly and will take about 20 minutes or so. Once it has completed the install it will reboot your phone and that will take a few minutes as it has to index, etc. After it comes back up you are good to go and you don't have to worry about any core bar files or anything else as it is all done automatically for you with this method. Good luck and hope it works our for you.
    ramsrule45 likes this.
    04-16-14 06:15 PM
    thanks for your reply. am familiar with Sacche and thats how i got the links(folder). i didnt use it to upgrade the os coz it kept saying detecting usb after installing windows 8.1 so i used chrome.
    Ok Nwansukka--
    Go to Sachesi if you have it on your PC. If not, download it from the first thread on the Beta forums.
    Open Sachesi and load in the country code as 310 and the carrier code as 170. Complete by filling in your phone model and variant and click on search. If you have a Z you will need to click through the variants until one opens up, they are all the same except the 100 build.
    Next you will see the whole OS come up on the right side or the Sachesi screen. it should say this OS build number. 2274/2273
    Next on the bottom of the Sachesi page, click on "Download All" and walk away for a while. Sachesi will build a folder on your PC with the build number on it for a title. Once it is completed it will tell you so.
    Next plug your phone in and give it time to be recognized on your PC. Then:
    Open Sachesi back up, click on "Install" (make sure you phone is plugged in) and when the install page comes on, click on the Sachesi folder on your PC desktop and "Drag it" on to the Install page. You can also click on Folder on the top and when it opens, click on the Sachesi folder 2274 on your desktop. It will load it for you but dragging it is so much faster.
    It will begin installing instantly and will take about 20 minutes or so. Once it has completed the install it will reboot your phone and that will take a few minutes as it has to index, etc. After it comes back up you are good to go and you don't have to worry about any core bar files or anything else as it is all done automatically for you with this method. Good luck and hope it works our for you.
    04-16-14 06:20 PM
    thanks for your reply. am familiar with Sacche and thats how i got the links(folder). will try other variants.
    for the Z10 I used the STL100-3--the Z30 shows an older version so you will have to get it from the threads. The Q10 works on this in the SQN100-1. Good luck
    04-16-14 06:26 PM
    04-16-14 06:36 PM
    Watching closely... 2759/2947 combo has worked quite well so far.

Posted Via CB10 for Z30
    Any more comments to this combination? I was thinking about trying it
    04-16-14 06:58 PM
    Posted Via my Q10
    Nothing to be made of that. 2983 isn't publicly available (yet?), so those links are meaningless.

Posted via CB10
    deezy87 likes this.
    04-16-14 07:01 PM
    Thurask,

Any thoughts on the 2947 and 2759 radio combination? What are you personally running?

My current radio is 2235
    04-16-14 07:08 PM
    Kind of off topic but does anyone have an idea what the normal average range should be for the battery temperature on your phone during normal use. On these last couple of builds, my Q10 has been running around 75-80 F at idle and 92-96 F while in use. That would equate I think, to 36 C on the high end if I'm correct. I've changed radios several times and moved apps on and off but its still this hot. Is this normal as it never seemed to be this high in older builds. Thanks for your thoughts.
    04-16-14 07:34 PM
    Do you guys still see Caller ID bug where contact names disappear randomly?
    04-16-14 07:51 PM
    Cant open BlackBerry Maps.
    04-16-14 07:56 PM
    Thurask,

Any thoughts on the 2947 and 2759 radio combination? What are you personally running?

My current radio is 2235
    I'm running 2947 and 2759, it feels marginally better than 2947/2235. I might nuke and pave the phone with cfp and load 2947/2274 just because it's been too long since the last time I've done so.
    04-16-14 08:19 PM
    My battery drain is much better with 2274 radio and 2947 os, compared to using 2759 radio

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 08:21 PM
    Kind of off topic but does anyone have an idea what the normal average range should be for the battery temperature on your phone during normal use. On these last couple of builds, my Q10 has been running around 75-80 F at idle and 92-96 F while in use. That would equate I think, to 36 C on the high end if I'm correct. I've changed radios several times and moved apps on and off but its still this hot. Is this normal as it never seemed to be this high in older builds. Thanks for your thoughts.
    I don't think 96F is hot at all. My z30 is constantly 93-96 range and is cool to the touch. I think you're worrying about your temp way too much. I'd worry if it was over 100F

Via CB10 Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    04-16-14 08:21 PM
    I don't think 96F is hot at all. My z30 is constantly 93-96 range and is cool to the touch. I think you're worrying about your temp way too much. I'd worry if it was over 100F

Via CB10 Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    Thanks for the info! You are probably right. I've just hybrid'ed this phone so much since last June that little things concern me. Probably actually time for a complete wipe/clean/wipe/load just one full OS (not 20 different pieces) and let it alone-but old habits die hard-lol! Thanks man!

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 and Azensun like this.
    04-16-14 08:26 PM
    My battery drain is much better with 2274 radio and 2947 os, compared to using 2759 radio

Posted via CB10
    Agreed- the battery drain seems much better with this radio!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 08:28 PM
    Totally wiped phone with cfp, loaded 2947/2274 with cfp (and then the few updated bars from 2273). Took less than five minutes, and now it's too fast to be just a placebo. Too early to say anything about radio, have to give it time.

In checking BB World for updates after an OS install, you can safely skip Calculator and Compass; the versions in BB World are built before the versions that come with 2947 or 2273. Furthermore, while the camera app in 2273 has a higher version number than the one in 2947, it is older. Just to be confusing.
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    04-16-14 09:51 PM
    Totally wiped phone with cfp, loaded 2947/2274 with cfp (and then the few updated bars from 2273). Took less than five minutes, and now it's too fast to be just a placebo. Too early to say anything about radio, have to give it time.

In checking BB World for updates after an OS install, you can safely skip Calculator and Compass; the versions in BB World are built before the versions that come with 2947 or 2273. Furthermore, while the camera app in 2273 has a higher version number than the one in 2947, it is older. Just to be confusing.
    What do you mean when you say cfp? 5 minutes? Wow! You should put together a placebo autoloader for us haha

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 10:20 PM
    What do you mean when you say cfp? 5 minutes? Wow! You should put together a placebo autoloader for us haha

Posted via CB10
    cfp.exe, a nice little command line tool: http://l.bitcasa.com/riRT37mH

An autoloader is merely the load function of cfp in automated form. cfp can also be used (among other things) to wipe the phone clean, which is somehow faster than a security wipe. Pretty useful stuff, provided you know how to use it.

10.2.1.2273 for all devices-cfpload.png
    zephyr613 and PapiPabs like this.
    04-16-14 10:31 PM

An autoloader is merely the load function of cfp in automated form. cfp can also be used (among other things) to wipe the phone clean, which is somehow faster than a security wipe. Pretty useful stuff, provided you know how to use it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cfpload.png 
Views:	2472 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	263705

Thanks for the link, i appreciate it. So to replicate what you have done to your phone tonight i need the debrick file of the 2947 with the signed radio 2274 correct?

How do i acquire this signed file with the appropriate radio combination that you have done? I assume Darcy's tools?

I can't say i have ever used this CFP but it does seem intuitive which i want to go about trying. Based on your results, i will give it a try tonight!
    04-16-14 10:40 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cfpload.png 
Views:	2472 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	263705
    Also i am not sure, when i open the CFP exe it closes very quickly. Not sure why this is the case. I have tried using command to navigate to it and follow your command lines but it doesnt quite work for me.
    04-16-14 10:56 PM
    04-16-14 11:05 PM
    Thanks for the link, i appreciate it. So to replicate what you have done to your phone tonight i need the debrick file of the 2947 with the signed radio 2274 correct?

How do i acquire this signed file with the appropriate radio combination that you have done? I assume Darcy's tools?

I can't say i have ever used this CFP but it does seem intuitive which i want to go about trying. Based on your results, i will give it a try tonight!
    For the 2274 signed file, download the right 2274 bar file from the first post and extract it with Sachesi/Darcy's Tools/anything that can work with zip files.

For the 2947 signed file, do the same for this bar file: http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar

Posted via CB10
    wolffkrieger likes this.
    04-16-14 11:08 PM
    Also i am not sure, when i open the CFP exe it closes very quickly. Not sure why this is the case. I have tried using command to navigate to it and follow your command lines but it doesnt quite work for me.
    You have to run it through the command line, just opening it won't do anything.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 11:09 PM
347 ... 56789 ...