03-12-14 09:29 PM
382 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    No mine is fine. Maybe reset the hub?

Posted via CB10
    After a few restarts it's fine. Honestly can't understand how some of these bugs occur.

- Developer of PinGuin
    02-17-14 05:03 PM
    Confirmed bug with BT audio using the music player. If you play music like DnB, dubstep, EDM etc you'll notice when the highs kick in or when loud parts of the song come on, it sounds like the gain is too high, like it's peaking or something. This did not occur before.

- Developer of PinGuin
    02-17-14 05:06 PM
    After three +days, an os reload, and at least five "battery pulls" I am done with the camera becoming non-responsive and Hub going white and needing a reset. Also, didn't fix the BT-Neutron issue (though someone may have found a cure...will try to convert tracks to mp3 and see if that does the trick). This has been a strange leak: seems like more device-specific bugs than I recall from prior leaks.

I'm doing a security wipe and going back to .1925 until the next leak, but thanks for Legend et al.
    02-17-14 05:25 PM
    Confirmed bug with BT audio using the music player. If you play music like DnB, dubstep, EDM etc you'll notice when the highs kick in or when loud parts of the song come on, it sounds like the gain is too high, like it's peaking or something. This did not occur before.

- Developer of PinGuin
    Noticed the same problem. My audio will cut out on highs sometimes since it's feeding to a DSP via high-def Bluetooth streaming. Does not happen when not using Neutron, only stock music app.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 07:43 PM
    I've been streaming bluetooth music while running the last few days without gain-related problems and I like it LOUD
    02-17-14 09:25 PM
    Calendar dark theme no longer works. Also, when selecting which accounts are displayed, I can de-select twitter and it comes right back every time. This was fixed in the last official OTA update from Verizon, now it's broken again.
    Don't know about Twitter (don't use it) but i have dark theme working in Calendar.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 09:46 PM
    The 1925 update did have dark theme for me. Not sure what the problem is now. I certainly don't want to wipe and install again.
    I went from 1925 to 2141 using the autoloader without a wipe, and did full restore afterward. STL 100-3

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 09:51 PM
    Calendar dark theme no longer works. Also, when selecting which accounts are displayed, I can de-select twitter and it comes right back every time. This was fixed in the last official OTA update from Verizon, now it's broken again.
    Had similar issue with 10.2.0 where dark theme wouldn't stick and changing other settings wouldn't stick either. Tried wipe and restore and did not work. Turned out there was corruption in my settings and restoring would just bring them back. Had t wipe and not restore settings to fix.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    02-17-14 09:54 PM
    Bummer. I deleted the app, restarted then reloaded it but no luck. Same "Download Error" message. I can download and install apps from the Amazon Store without a problem, just not using Snap 2.0.0.2.
    I ran into that error trying to download a flight sim game right after upgrading, though other apps downloaded fine. Tried the flight sim again the next morning and it d/l just fine. Suspect might have been a server issue rather than Snap.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 09:56 PM
    Had similar issue with 10.2.0 where dark theme wouldn't stick and changing other settings wouldn't stick either. Tried wipe and restore and did not work. Turned out there was corruption in my settings and restoring would just bring them back. Had t wipe and not restore settings to fix.

Yes there was a known issue with the settings restore and black theme. I assumed they were cured this late in the game tho, guess not.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 10:07 PM
    Noticed the same problem. My audio will cut out on highs sometimes since it's feeding to a DSP via high-def Bluetooth streaming. Does not happen when not using Neutron, only stock music app.

Posted via CB10
    Similar issue here when bluetoothing music in the car; it hits too hard on bass tracks for my trance and such, have to lower the volume from what other leaks have been fine at for fear of harming my speakers...

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 11:13 PM

Works for me on my 10.2.1.2141 device.

But this is one of those things that seems to be impacted by data/configuration migration issues after in-place/OTA updates or data restores.

On my 10.2.0 device, the dark theme on several core apps seems to switch by itself periodically and requires a reset.

I have a Q10 with home screen password activated. Occasionally I've noticed repeating characters when typing the password. Since the update this has got much worse, and occurs most times I type the password. This is driving me crazy, I'm sure I could soon use up my 10x allowance.

Repeating characters do not happen in other situations.

Would like to see what other people's experiences are on this, this could be impacted by several things.

Weirdest one I encountered: I have a 3rd-party USB charger that I've used for many devices because it's a convenient, small charger with 2 USB ports and high charging output. However I started to notice a strange thing when I was using my Z10 while simultaneously plugged-in to that charger: keyboard / mis-recognized typing errors and extraneous characters. Then one day when I was plugging the device into an amplified speaker I noticed higher than usual hum just before plugging in the mini phone jack, while it was connected to that charger. Over many occasions these effects were repeatedly noticed. Conclusion: the DC power coming out of that charger is "dirty" - ie not well filtered for electrical noise - and introduces noise into the Z10's power rails which ultimately ends up causing data errors.

Bummer. I deleted the app, restarted then reloaded it but no luck. Same "Download Error" message. I can download and install apps from the Amazon Store without a problem, just not using Snap 2.0.0.2.

This has been reported by several people in the SNAP thread, you may want to check there:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...-2-1-a-874153/
    02-18-14 12:52 AM
    I noticed when i had just put my Z10 on the charger i needed to check something tried to swipe up and also tried the top button but the screen just remained black. Waited a few seconds and tried it again i got to my home screen then pressed the top button but it wouldn't do anything. I unplugged it and tried to see if it work normally and i worked as normal. Tested it a few times to make sure before i plugged the charger and it was hit and miss. Plugged it and fully charged it and it hasn't happened since.

Another thing i noticed once in my CB app it said i had to log in but I'm always logged in. So i tried to log in and just got an endless wheel so just went back and forward a couple of times but the wheel remained until i swiped from the top. Once i was showing logged in tried to go to "participated" got the endless wheel until i swiped from the top. Same thing when checking the Unread posts. Once in each i was ok.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 01:02 AM
    I noticed when i had just put my Z10 on the charger i needed to check something tried to swipe up and also tried the top button but the screen just remained black. Waited a few seconds and tried it again i got to my home screen then pressed the top button but it wouldn't do anything. I unplugged it and tried to see if it work normally and i worked as normal. Tested it a few times to make sure before i plugged the charger and it was hit and miss. Plugged it and fully charged it and it hasn't happened since.

Another thing i noticed once in my CB app it said i had to log in but I'm always logged in. So i tried to log in and just got an endless wheel so just went back and forward a couple of times but the wheel remained until i swiped from the top. Once i was showing logged in tried to go to "participated" got the endless wheel until i swiped from the top. Same thing when checking the Unread posts. Once in each i was ok.

I have seen the "non-responsive to wakeup attempt" thing before on various OS builds, seems to just be an occasional BB10/device thing.

And the issue you mention with CB10 has been a longstanding problem with that app. It has actually been generally much better lately, which is probably why this is the first time you saw it.

The website also has an occasional habit of logging users out with no rhyme or reason, and you have to login again.

Data Gnomes.
    BlueRaven25 likes this.
    02-18-14 04:31 AM
    I have seen the "non-responsive to wakeup attempt" thing before on various OS builds, seems to just be an occasional BB10/device thing.

And the issue you mention with CB10 has been a longstanding problem with that app. It has actually been generally much better lately, which is probably why this is the first time you saw it.

The website also has an occasional habit of logging users out with no rhyme or reason, and you have to login again.

Data Gnomes.
    OK, apparently for my Z10 with this leak the so-called "non-responsive wakeup attempt" becomes more common in every apps I have, oh the apps work, but not the swipe-up swipe-down gesture, hence results in disability to go back to home screen. On the previous leak it only happened in bbm and Whatsapp for me, so I didn't take it seriously. But, now it seems that it's the new habit of the OS. What a bug.
    Most of the time I would trick it by locking my Z10; sending texts, emails, or any other messages to my BlackBerry, so that I would tap to unlock, not swipe it up from the lock screen. But when it was set to bedside mode, restarting the device is the only antidote. But hey, it would happen again then though. *sigh
    Last edited by forthperson4; 02-19-14 at 07:29 AM.
    02-18-14 05:00 AM
    Display issues noted for this on Z10-4. Started with Mupen64+Cascades not displaying properly on .1925 (see attached) which I thought might have just been the app not wanting to work right any more. But now I can't get Retroarch to display correctly on .2141 either, whereas it worked just fine on .1925 (see attached).

Wondering if this is more to do with the display coding rather than the app itself. Did they change the way the app interprets it now considering I now have two apps that won't display right? Or maybe changed the coding itself where it needs to be updated?

Those look like development environments, yes?

That may be something you should direct towards the Blackberry developer support people.
    02-18-14 06:37 AM
    OK, apparently for my Z10 with this leak the so-called "non-responsive wakeup attempt" becomes more common in every apps I have, oh the apps work, but not the swipe-up swipe-down gesture, hence results in disability to go back to home screen. On the previous leak it only happened in bbm and Whatsapp for me, so I didn't take it seriously. But, now it seems that it's the new habit of the OS. What a bug.
    Most of the time I would trick it by sending texts, emails, or any other messages so that I would tap to unlock, not swipe it up from the lock screen. But when it was set to bedside mode, restarting the device is the only antidote. But hey, it would happen again then though. *sigh

Well maybe this is more common with this build, though I certainly haven't seen it and one would expect if it were a universal thing we would see a lot more comments about it, since it would be crippling people's usage of their device pretty widely.

I would also be inclined to wonder if infamously resource-hogging apps like WhatsApp are not at least partially responsible for basically deadlocking the UI.
    02-18-14 06:50 AM
    This is caused by Foursquare for me. I literally have to toggle location on and off for it to stop.

Posted via CB10
    This is what I have been doing to get it to turn off. I thought Glympse was the culprit as it seems to stay on even after my Glympse shares have expired

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 07:07 AM
    Odd... I tried it again at home and it worked perfectly using WiFi. I don't know or care why - I'm just glad that it works!!

Android apps definitely launch more quickly for me now. I used to kind of dread firing them up but not anymore.
    02-18-14 08:20 AM
    No worries, we've all done it. I'm sorry, I don't know the answer. You would need a carrier that carries the slt100-1 to get the links for it.

Posted via CB10
    262/02 for STL 100-1.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    toobs623 likes this.
    02-18-14 08:30 AM
    Those look like development environments, yes?

That may be something you should direct towards the Blackberry developer support people.
    BlackBerry directly, or the developers of the app? Because if it's the app coders then I think they went MIA a while ago...
    02-18-14 08:42 AM
    This is caused by Foursquare for me. I literally have to toggle location on and off for it to stop.

Posted via CB10
    There is a setting in Foursquare that causes the location services to run in the background. They prompted at one time to enable this and if you said yes, it gets turned on. You need to go to Settings / Account Settings / Privacy Settings and disable "Allow Foursquare to use my device's background location..."
    02-18-14 08:58 AM
    After a couple days since deleting app and account and reinstalling, it appears to be working normally. On some occasions opening fb notification from hub might go dark but it will still open first crack. I do not recall it not opening at all.

Update: This morning I had to open from HUB a 2nd time but it did open the on the 2nd attempt. Definitely seems better but I still won't speculate if better = fixed.
    02-18-14 08:59 AM
    Observation: With 10.2.1.2195 I noticed when tapping the Z10 display to hit "snooze" during an alarm, it took a pretty hard press to get it to recognize the press. This was definitely different from all previous official releases. This new release appears to have fixed that issue.
    02-18-14 09:00 AM
    Anybody having issues connecting to miracast? I seem to have to keep trying to get it to work, maybe 50% of the time it works. Whereas is worked pretty much 99% of the time on 10.2

It says it successfully connects then the connection gets lost.

- Developer of PinGuin
    02-18-14 09:16 AM
382 ... 7891011 ...