that's where I am
    02-26-14 07:44 PM
    That's where I am.
    Click on the phone icon on the bottom left
    click on Contacts
    swipe down from top
    go to settings
    that's where I am
    Try contacts app, swipe down from top, settings.

Posted via CB10
    pragnesh89 likes this.
    02-26-14 07:48 PM
    Try contacts app, swipe down from top, settings.

Posted via CB10
    ok got it thanks a lot but when I make changes i don't see the save button to make changes. it says close and reopen the app to apply changes but it doesnt change
    02-26-14 07:55 PM
    ok got it thanks a lot but when I make changes i don't see the save button to make changes. it says close and reopen the app to apply changes but it doesnt change
    After you make the changes, hit the back button and it should automatically save.

I just verified by adding my linkedin contacts in settings, closed and reopened contacts app, and they were added. Are you saying when you close and open the contacts app, the changes aren't there?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 08:27 PM
    Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 08:47 PM
    Hi,

In my case (Z30 STA-2) after OTA-like upgrade from 10.2.1.1925 via Sachesi I have problem with text messages displaying only in "full" Hub mode. Both in the Text Messages tab of the Hub and directly from the home screen, I have blank screen with info " No entries in this view". Also sound notifications don't work when SMS is coming.

Anybody knows how to solve it?

Posted via CB10
    Full backup --> autoloader --> full restore

This solved the problem.
    I'm aware, that restore leaves some garbage, but sachesi method seems to leave much more.
    Nevertheless, Sachesi rulez as the best tool for the rest of its features

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 12:42 AM
    I searched this thread with various keywords and didn't find anything so I apologize if it's listed and addressed. If so, kindly share.

I had some issues with the camera and its saving to the media card but no new pictures found (not in gallery or file manager) until I rebooted my Z30. Then my PHOTO STUDIO PRO app wouldn't find pictures or was saying that I didn't have authorization to access certain folders of mine on my media card. That led me to the File Manager, which led to another reboot. File Manager showed the pictures and my usual organized self, I decided to go through my pictures and move them to existing folders (like my PETS folders). Still had the same problem with photo studio so I did another reboot.

This time when I went into file manager, my PETS folder was gone. I figured it was the phone not recognizing the folder so I pulled the media card and checked it on my computer. GONE. I lost over 1000 pictures over the last 10 years of all my pets. NO big deal I say as I've backed up these contents via cloud services, 2 of them .... CLOUD services already updated to the most recent pictures I had. All is now lost.

Yes I'm a fool for not having these saved elsewhere, irrelevant to my point. I need to share that there are some serious issues with Camera, Images, File Manager, and Media storage with this new build on the Z30 (or at least on mine) and I'm wondering if anyone else had this problem.
    02-27-14 03:29 PM
    I'm not sure if this has been brought up or not but I can't get the phone to hold the dark background setting for contacts. When I am in the settings I also turn off bbm contacts and bbm video but when I leave the app like it tells me (to allow the settings to take place) and then come back to the app it is still the standard white and the bbm contacts and bbm video turn themselves back on.

as an FYI, the dark background works as it should in the calendar app.
    02-27-14 03:41 PM
    Some strange thing is happening I updated my Z30 using Sachesi the day it became available on UK all was working great so far. But suddenly today my Wi-Fi start acting weird when on it says it is connected to my router but no signal is observed if I turn off mobile data wi-fi will connect as always but the minute I turn mobile data on Wi-Fi will lose signal despite is says it is connected.

Known issue, I'm going to add it to my list shortly.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...iority-909840/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-error-909783/
    02-27-14 09:43 PM
    Anyone know why, when I file a Gmail email into one of my Gmail folders, the email disappears from my hub?

Just as a background, remember that Gmail technically does not have "folders", it has "labels". They are not identical.

Gmail emulates folders when connecting to external devices not using their proprietary app, because both IMAP and EAS use a "folders" paradigm.

Labels are just tags on data. When you "move" an item from "folder 1" to "folder 2", what is actually happening is you are removing the tag called "folder 1" and adding the tag called "folder 2" to that item. But messages in Gmail can technically have multiple labels. Whereas you cannot have the same copy of a message in two folders at once. (You can have a copy of a message in another folder)

So this causes issues with 3rd-party platforms sometimes.

Even though I can search for it and find it through the hub and navigate the the folder in the hub to find it, but I can't seem to file a Gmail email and have it stay in the hub.

I've synced the folder in account settings, and selected the option to show filed emails in the hub(within the hub settings).

When you say "search", how are you searching? AFAIK there is no "remote search" for IMAP messages in BB10. Do you have a commercial or grandfathered Gmail account you are connecting to via EAS? (Or is this just a local search for a message already synced to the device)

When you say you can find it, but it "does not stay in hub", I don't understand what that means.

You mean you can find it in a specific synced folder under the Gmail account, but you want to see it in the general top-level Hub view? I don't think you can do that.
    02-27-14 09:53 PM
    I had some issues with the camera and its saving to the media card but no new pictures found (not in gallery or file manager) until I rebooted my Z30.

What is this "gallery" you speak of? Are you using Android apps? There is no "gallery" app in native BB10.

Then my PHOTO STUDIO PRO app wouldn't find pictures or was saying that I didn't have authorization to access certain folders of mine on my media card. That led me to the File Manager, which led to another reboot.

What do you mean "led to another reboot"? You rebooted it, or just running File Manager rebooted the device without warning?

File Manager showed the pictures and my usual organized self, I decided to go through my pictures and move them to existing folders (like my PETS folders). Still had the same problem with photo studio so I did another reboot.

This time when I went into file manager, my PETS folder was gone. I figured it was the phone not recognizing the folder so I pulled the media card and checked it on my computer. GONE. I lost over 1000 pictures over the last 10 years of all my pets.

Based on what I gather so far from what you wrote, my guess is that the card became corrupted at some point and the file operations you did on it exacerbated that, ultimately losing access to the files.

And in such cases, there's a good chance that the files are recoverable, as long as you didn't try re-formatting the card after that, or moving a bunch more data around.
    gemoelle and frannip like this.
    02-28-14 12:51 AM
    I'm not sure if this has been brought up or not but I can't get the phone to hold the dark background setting for contacts.

Commonly reported.

Seems to happen more often when people have done OS upgrades followed by a restore of their previous data.

I have this problem on my device running 10.2.0.1809. Which is why I'm thinking about doing a clean install on it, though I really dread re-installing 115 apps and having to worry about whether I can restore all my data and configurations, or have to re-configure everything.
    fkornre likes this.
    02-28-14 12:55 AM
    Commonly reported.

Seems to happen more often when people have done OS upgrades followed by a restore of their previous data.

I have this problem on my device running 10.2.0.1809. Which is why I'm thinking about doing a clean install on it, though I really dread re-installing 115 apps and having to worry about whether I can restore all my data and configurations, or have to re-configure everything.
    Luckily I won't have to restore anything remotely close to that. In your case, if I were you, I would just learn to live with the white background as that would be a major PITA to re-configure.
    02-28-14 06:17 AM
    Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    With this install I constantly throw in zeros "000". I don't press the zero button, just slide0over00it. For example to reach the 00Shift key.
    It's way more sensitive than ever before. Are they trying to read gestures from the keyboard?

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    02-28-14 06:26 AM
    Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    With this install I constantly throw in zeros "000". I don't press the zero button, just slide0over00it. For example to reach the 00Shift key.
    It's way more sensitive than ever before. Are they trying to read gestures from the keyboard?

I haven't noticed anything like that.

But here's an interesting one:

I bought several of what I thought were pretty nicely made yet reasonably priced dual-port USB chargers from a large electronics retailer here.

Been using them at least a couple of years. They are compact and have a high power output. Never seemed to have any issue with anything I've charged with them.

However I had at some times problems with extraneous or wrong characters being entered on the keyboard of my Z10s.

One day I was plugging a Z10 into an amplified speaker and noticed a buzz. I was curious where this was coming from. I eventually concluded after several experiences with this that the USB power supply must be 'noisy' - ie poorly filtered output. Because this problem did not occur when the device was running from battery.

Then I started noticing a pattern - and after a while it became an undoubtable pattern: whenever I had my Z10 plugged in to this charger, I got errors on the virtual keyboard when typing. Extra characters, mis-recognized characters, etc. Apparently the noise was getting into the device and causing noise internally.

So in short: do not be surprised if at some point you discover your charger may be at fault.
    02-28-14 06:54 AM
    Okay, yesterday my camera decided to crap out again. This is still the one in the OS with the working spot metering for lighting.

At a construction jobsite taking photos, about 100 pictures in, I stop for a while discussing issues with the superintendent. I get the phone back out to take more pictures, and of course the screen timed out and locked. So, I hit the top button, swipe up (no password), and all I get is a big camera icon on a blank screen. Nothing else. I can swipe out and minimize it and do other things, but when I try to bring the camera back, it just shows a big white camera icon. I swipe out and exit, then restart the camera app, and I get the dreaded "Camera can't be started" error. So, I re-boot the phone, stand there waiting a minute and a half, it's all back up and the camera works again.

I take another 50 pictures, stop to say goodbye to all involved, and decide to take just a few shots more before leaving, and of course, in that time, the phone locked again. Unlocked the phone and the camera app is stuck again. Exit the app, restart and get the error message again. Re-boot, wait, restart the camera app again, and it works. Snap off the last few pics and then head back to the office.

This has happened with every 10.2.1 camera app since 1055, but I never really paid attention to what I was doing to cause it. I thought it was minimizing the app doing something else and going back into it that triggered the problem after snapping off a bunch of pictures, but another user in another thread couldn't duplicate it, and I was only going on memory. Yesterday, I tried just minimizing the app and bringing it back myself and couldn't trigger the problem. But now I know it's when the phone locks while the camera app is running that causes it. It did to me twice in a row under those circumstances. However, trying it just sitting at my desk taking only one picture before letting it time out and lock, it came back and still worked. So it's more than just locking. Maybe it's the length of time that it's locked, maybe it is after a certain number of photos, I don't know. I may have to test out the circumstances more diligently.

But, the fact that the error still occurs at all means it is still a problem.
    02-28-14 08:49 AM
    Does the toast popup still appear when the wallpaper is changed in 10.2.1.2141? The reason I remain with 10.2.1.200 on my Z10 is because the toast popup does not appear. Unfortunately, all the recent leaks and updates I have seen the annoying popup does appear.
    02-28-14 09:30 AM
    What is this "gallery" you speak of? Are you using Android apps? There is no "gallery" app in native BB10.

What do you mean "led to another reboot"? You rebooted it, or just running File Manager rebooted the device without warning?

Based on what I gather so far from what you wrote, my guess is that the card became corrupted at some point and the file operations you did on it exacerbated that, ultimately losing access to the files.

And in such cases, there's a good chance that the files are recoverable, as long as you didn't try re-formatting the card after that, or moving a bunch more data around.
    Sorry for my vagueness. Gallery is what I call where the photo's are when you hit the "PHOTO" icon. In previous builds, this area for whatever reason didn't always show all my pictures and I would need to go into File Manager to find them. This present situation was not using the same SD card as then.

The rebooting was always done manually by me. If I couldn't find my pictures in "the gallery" or in file manager, I would reboot and they would re-appear afterwards. It was very reminiscent of my prior experience (several builds ago) so I just assumed it was the same type of problem solved with the same action.

I make it a habit to remove my memory card before any backukp, during any installation of OS (leaked or otherwise), and during any restore if I do one because of having lost all data once.

I have not moved any more data around. I have not reformatted the media card. I don't know how to recover data from a corrupt media card, or even how to identify if fix (?) a corrupted media card. I guess that would be off topic from this thread. If you have any advice to offer I'd appreciate it via PM.

Meanwhile, I rolled back to .1925. Didn't want to take any chances. I was happy with it, I just got drawn into the "new and improved" leak and had to try!

Many thanks!
    gemoelle likes this.
    02-28-14 10:24 AM
    Following up here, I have now tried wiping all of my saved wifi networks, reloading the 2142 radio, loading the 1056 radio. Nothing works. I'm going for an OS reload in a few, will report back.

Edit: Just reflashed the entire OS with no restore, same problem
    Last edited by toobs623; 02-28-14 at 12:06 PM.
    02-28-14 11:07 AM
    Following up here, I have now tried wiping all of my saved wifi networks, reloading the 2142 radio, loading the 1056 radio. Nothing works. I'm going for an OS reload in a few, will report back.

Edit: Just reflashed the entire OS with no restore, same problem
    As far as I heard, this issue solved by using 1926 radio
    02-28-14 01:20 PM
    As far as I heard, this issue solved by using 1926 radio
    I tried that yesterday to no avail, but I'll give it another shot, thanks.

Didn't work.....
    Last edited by toobs623; 02-28-14 at 01:58 PM.
    02-28-14 01:41 PM
    Just as a background, remember that Gmail technically does not have "folders", it has "labels". They are not identical.

Gmail emulates folders when connecting to external devices not using their proprietary app, because both IMAP and EAS use a "folders" paradigm.

Labels are just tags on data. When you "move" an item from "folder 1" to "folder 2", what is actually happening is you are removing the tag called "folder 1" and adding the tag called "folder 2" to that item. But messages in Gmail can technically have multiple labels. Whereas you cannot have the same copy of a message in two folders at once. (You can have a copy of a message in another folder)

So this causes issues with 3rd-party platforms sometimes.

When you say "search", how are you searching? AFAIK there is no "remote search" for IMAP messages in BB10. Do you have a commercial or grandfathered Gmail account you are connecting to via EAS? (Or is this just a local search for a message already synced to the device)

When you say you can find it, but it "does not stay in hub", I don't understand what that means.

You mean you can find it in a specific synced folder under the Gmail account, but you want to see it in the general top-level Hub view? I don't think you can do that.
    When I just search the hub, not remote search. Found out that the issue is that gmail archives the message when you move it to a folder. This is a folder not a label. It's a limitation in how BlackBerry supports gmail, and the fact that gmail doesn't support active sync on anything other than iOS and Android.

For a company that likes to brag about its open source stuff it sure locks down a lot of its services lately.

- Developer of PinGuin
    02-28-14 02:31 PM
    I tried that yesterday to no avail, but I'll give it another shot, thanks.

Didn't work.....
    Got fixed by itself and is being reported all around the globe and reports are it is fixed on other places.

Posted on my flagship Z30 10.2.1.2141
    02-28-14 03:36 PM
    Got fixed by itself and is being reported all around the globe and reports are it is fixed on other places.

Posted on my flagship Z30 10.2.1.2141
    Yep started working for me again, thanks. Sensorgate all over again.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 04:03 PM
    When headphones are in and I'm listening to music, and the voice control randomly activates, very annoying, and battery life is noticeably down, quite a bit actually. Also facebook responding from hub is delayed..

From my Q10
    Last edited by Tank1978; 02-28-14 at 09:36 PM.
    02-28-14 04:10 PM
382 ... 1112131415 ...