02-24-14 10:48 PM
732 ... 27282930
tools
    Keep us posted!

Posted via CB10
    Phone is back and problem is solved. They updated the OS and changed the keyboard so I'm not sure what was the culprit, but I'm inclined to say it was the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 11:59 PM
    Can someone please help with the bar file of contacts..please urgently

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 01:56 AM
    I'm having an issue in .1927
    I don't find the file manager, shortcut for music, pictures and videos. Also I can't edit the pictures captured in my phone. Can anyone help me with it?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 03:01 PM
    1927 is a developer only OS. Missing key apps. You need to load 10.2.1.1925 that's 1925. Two five!

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    02-05-14 03:43 PM
    I really need help I keep loosing network coverage on my z10 I flashed the radio numerous times from 1899 to 1926 and it's the same problem I have to keep rebooting my phone constantly any insight or help on this matter would be greatly appreciated

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 06:00 PM
    I really need help I keep loosing network coverage on my z10 I flashed the radio numerous times from 1899 to 1926 and it's the same problem I have to keep rebooting my phone constantly any insight or help on this matter would be greatly appreciated

Posted via CB10
    Hi nicksua i have the same problem and don't know how to fix it and wish I could figure it out..as you said it really is a pain to have to reboot everytime I change from one location to another.
    What's weird is everything seems fine and all connections look as though they are connected as normal if you find a solution let me know it would be greatly appreciated

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 01:31 PM
    Does anyone's Map App work via Bluetooth in their car? I thought mine used to interrupt the radio function but not anymore- only through USB. I don't use it often, so I can't recall. I have 10.2.1.1925/1296 on ATT.
    I decided to try to delete all the connections on both the car and the phone and re- pair. For the first time, I am given an option of "MY CAR." I chose it and now I seem to have an office type area on the car that downloads and reads all my email and my SMS fully- not just the last one that BB Voice Control does. Also, the pictures from the phonebook now come up too when I make a call. I didn't know this was part of the OS. I don't have a BES server. Does anyone else have this in use? Anyone know how to get Maps to talk? (Google maps the same.)

Thx!
    02-06-14 10:40 PM
    Does anyone's Map App work via Bluetooth in their car? I thought mine used to interrupt the radio function but not anymore- only through USB. I don't use it often, so I can't recall. I have 10.2.1.1925/1296 on ATT.
    I decided to try to delete all the connections on both the car and the phone and re- pair. For the first time, I am given an option of "MY CAR." I chose it and now I seem to have an office type area on the car that downloads and reads all my email and my SMS fully- not just the last one that BB Voice Control does. Also, the pictures from the phonebook now come up too when I make a call. I didn't know this was part of the OS. I don't have a BES server. Does anyone else have this in use? Anyone know how to get Maps to talk? (Google maps the same.)

Thx!
    Are you using a BMW with Connected Drive? I just watch the CES 2011 video on the QNX BMW and it showed exactly what you are describing.

Posted via CB10
    flacrack likes this.
    02-06-14 10:46 PM
    @ Peter0328:
    Yes. That's apparently what it is. I shows up with a BMW logo on my home screen, with the items that are activated listed. I was surprised, since BMW told me I needed a BBOS7 with a server connection to activate it. Where did you find the video?
    02-08-14 01:47 AM
    Please someone anyone please help me I am constantly getting this red X on my phone can't make calls nor send sms have to reboot my phone constantly I have flashed the first numerous times and the same thing happens please a fix or some insight on this would be greatly appreciated..

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 09:46 AM
    Please someone anyone please help me I am constantly getting this red X on my phone can't make calls nor send sms have to reboot my phone constantly I have flashed the first numerous times and the same thing happens please a fix or some insight on this would be greatly appreciated..
    Go back and read the response to your post above. You are using a developer's version of the OS and need to install 1925 instead of the 1927 you are running on your phone.
    02-08-14 10:34 AM
    i am currently using the official 10.2.1.1925 os i have flashed the radio files numerous time and still the same problem i don't know what else to do
    02-08-14 11:38 AM
    @ Peter0328:
    Yes. That's apparently what it is. I shows up with a BMW logo on my home screen, with the items that are activated listed. I was surprised, since BMW told me I needed a BBOS7 with a server connection to activate it. Where did you find the video?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 12:34 PM
    .1925 with radio .1926 seems to have activated something new for my z10 and mercedes...

voice control now works through the speakers and mic in my car... bluetooth used to only work for phone calls... but now, i can use voice control...

i remember trying voice control in my car while connected to bluetooth and my music would still be going in the car... and i would basically have to hold the phone and talk to it... but now it's sooooooooooooo much easier...

i'm happy
    02-08-14 01:12 PM
    Hmm is the radio what supports blue tooth as well? I wonder if that's what's causing my BT issues (song names appearing as no info)

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 07:20 PM
    Interesting quirk showed up on my device yesterday. In the hub, I configured Emergency Alerts to enable "Extreme Threat" and "Severe Threat" alerts. After doing so, I noticed in the system monitor that Blackberry Hub was consuming lots of CPU cycles and my battery was almost exhausted within 6-7 hours. Disabled these alerts and now all is back to normal.

10.2.1.1925 Findings & Fixes *ONLY*-img_20140211_105824.png

Has anyone else come across this behavior, and if so, how did you solve it?

Thanks!
    Last edited by RobP5; 02-11-14 at 11:01 AM.
    02-11-14 10:51 AM
    On ATT, Q10 using 1925, all contacts stored as 10 digit numbers are fine until I receive a text which comes in +1(xxx)-xxx-xxxx and does not recognize the contact. Same thing with phone calls. Very obnoxious as you have to store the same number 2 or 3 different ways for the name to show up. Also, group sms's I'm included in, ALWAYS send me the same text I just sent when replying.... anybody else? fixes?

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 10:59 AM
    On ATT, Q10 using 1925, all contacts stored as 10 digit numbers are fine until I receive a text which comes in +1(xxx)-xxx-xxxx and does not recognize the contact. Same thing with phone calls. Very obnoxious as you have to store the same number 2 or 3 different ways for the name to show up. Also, group sms's I'm included in, ALWAYS send me the same text I just sent when replying.... anybody else? fixes?

Posted via CB10

The first issue you described I also experience except my numbers are stores in the (xxx) xxx-xxxx format. Once again with my music tracks (on SD card) ID3 tags not appearing in my car via Blue tooth. I'm going to backup and wipe and downgrade then upgrade again via OTA see if that solves problem. I just wish there was a way to get your contacts stored and recovered like this. Every time something messes up from a restore with my contacts.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 01:00 AM
    The first issue you described I also experience except my numbers are stores in the (xxx) xxx-xxxx format. Once again with my music tracks (on SD card) ID3 tags not appearing in my car via Blue tooth. I'm going to backup and wipe and downgrade then upgrade again via OTA see if that solves problem. I just wish there was a way to get your contacts stored and recovered like this. Every time something messes up from a restore with my contacts.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried firechest backup for contacts?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 08:32 AM
    Anyone else having issues with group SMS. Before I upgraded, I was able to participate in group SMS with friends. Since my upgrade, me replies are sent to them individually and not in the group thread.
    02-13-14 02:28 PM
    I can enable group chat, but my message gets sent back to me when I send it, essentially showing up in the thread TWICE. And all my contacts are through gmail, my issue I don't think is in having them backed up correctly but with why the phone won't recognize a 10 digit phhone number if it happens to be received with a"+1" or 1+(555)555-5555... seems like the os should be able to figure out that 555-555-5555 is the same number as +1(555)555-5555

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 09:29 AM
    Does anyone know how to send MMS in HQ because in my z10 every pic sent via MMS is in low quality and blurry I usually have to send it to their email

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 10:27 AM
    Consider using Dropbox or Box - leaving your image in high resolution for others to pick up.

I know this does not answer your query - and it is a bit more effort - but even the recent bbm upgrade is using Dropbox. It appears to be where we are heading.

Posted via CBten with the Zthirty.
    02-16-14 06:58 PM
    Consider using Dropbox or Box - leaving your image in high resolution for others to pick up.

I know this does not answer your query - and it is a bit more effort - but even the recent bbm upgrade is using Dropbox. It appears to be where we are heading.

Posted via CBten with the Zthirty.
    Thing is not everyone is on Dropbox, but we shouldn't have to do 5 steps for a 1 step thing get me, and is something that we use to do on bb7, give me the option hey want to send in full hd and waste tons of data or send in low quality and use minimal data.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:07 PM
    Interesting quirk showed up on my device yesterday. In the hub, I configured Emergency Alerts to enable "Extreme Threat" and "Severe Threat" alerts. After doing so, I noticed in the system monitor that Blackberry Hub was consuming lots of CPU cycles and my battery was almost exhausted within 6-7 hours. Disabled these alerts and now all is back to normal.

Sounds like those alerts were "extreme threats" to your battery life.

To answer your question, I haven't seen any accounts of this nor have I personal experience with it.

There are several articles in Blackberry's knowledgebase on this issue. Some with workarounds, some as open bug reports.

I will try to get links to those when I have more time.
    02-18-14 03:04 PM
732 ... 27282930