02-24-14 09:48 PM
732 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    One issue I noticed is custom contact ringtone doesn't work. Still plays original app tone. Set custom bbm tone. This works. Then set 2nd custom contact bbm tone (wife). When she bbm it still plays 1st custom tone. 10.2.1.1055 worked until reboot then had to reset 2nd tone.

My battery lasts from 7am to about 5pm. I usually charge at 3pm to last till bed.

Sent via CB10 on my ? Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-04-14 10:01 PM
    The usefulness of such a thread would be greatly enhanced if the OP would compile the various input and list it in the original post, so people looking for a quick overview would not have to read every post.
    01-05-14 04:59 AM
    Somehow quotes in the CB app don't show correctly anymore with this leak. Anyone else have the same problem?

Sent from my Q10
    01-05-14 01:29 PM
    Battery life has been terrible for me since installing the leak three days ago

Attachment 234251

Z10
    That's because of candy crush. That game seems to kill my battery life every time.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 02:24 PM
    Somehow quotes in the CB app don't show correctly anymore with this leak. Anyone else have the same problem?

Sent from my Q10
    There's already a thread about this indicating the CB tech team is working on it. May be a CB issue rather than an issue with the leak--don't know yet from what I've seen.

CB10 VZW Q10 SQN100-2/Z10 STL100-4 10.2.1.1925
    01-05-14 04:37 PM
    Here's one I haven't seen anything on. I operate a dual band wireless network in my house. All of my devices that can go 5GHz are set for it.

My STL100-3 will not see the 5GHz unless I restart. If I leave the house and come back it will only see the 2.4GHz band.

Other than restarting every time I've uncovered no permanent solutions to this. I just leave it to the 2.4, it's not bothering anything but even my old iPad2 is working and bb10 is a better piece of software.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 07:04 PM
    My STL100-3 will not see the 5GHz unless I restart. If I leave the house and come back it will only see the 2.4GHz band.

Other than restarting every time I've uncovered no permanent solutions to this.
    Hey Charles, not sure if mine is doing the same, but just now I looked at my wifi settings and found my 5 Ghz network wasn't appearing. I toggled the wifi off and then on again, then the 5 Ghz network appeared in the list of available networks.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 07:22 PM
    Z30, volume up doesn't work only volume down. No idea what's up.

Posted via CB10
    My guess is your volume is not up. Sorry, couldn't resist but no solution for you. I only have a Z10 and do not have that issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 08:01 PM
    Hey Charles, not sure if mine is doing the same, but just now I looked at my wifi settings and found my 5 Ghz network wasn't appearing. I toggled the wifi off and then on again, then the 5 Ghz network appeared in the list of available networks.

Posted via CB10
    It's quite odd, I don't even get that effect as I only see the 2.4 options and thats even after waiting a few minutes with the wifi toggled off. I actually have to physically restart every time. I'm going to attempt using a different radio. I only just recently got the dual band setup so can't comment on whether it has been an issue for ever or if its just recently with the new leak.
    01-05-14 08:02 PM
    One issue I noticed is custom contact ringtone doesn't work. Still plays original app tone. Set custom bbm tone. This works. Then set 2nd custom contact bbm tone (wife). When she bbm it still plays 1st custom tone. 10.2.1.1055 worked until reboot then had to reset 2nd tone.

My battery lasts from 7am to about 5pm. I usually charge at 3pm to last till bed.

I HAD an issue with custom ring/vibrate/LED notifications for contacts.(note I have not tried this with BBM notifications, so take with grain of salt).

What I was seeing was that if a contact's custom notification gets triggered then after some time all of that contact's custom settings would disappear and go back to default. I started experiencing this in 1055 which was where per contact custom ring tones became available.

The "solution" I have found is that the customer ring tone settings that were disappearing were the ones that conflicted with the global notification settings. For example for one of my email accounts I turned off vibrations but i wanted messages from a particular contact to have sound as well as vibration notification.

What seems to be happening is that BB10 happily accepts the setting until it gets triggered at which point it says "hey, that's not allowed by 'global policy' and removes it. What I don't understand is why it doesn't happen immediately.

Another observation is that it seems to only care whether the ring/vibrate notifications are on or not. If they're on you can have different number of vibrations for your contacts; but if they're off, then you can't have any for your contacts. Haven't tried with the sound settings.

An inconsistency is that it doesn't seem to care about the LED settings. For example, you can turn off the LED for an email account, but have it on for a contact.

Sorry for all the verbiage, but i couldn't explain it clearly with any fewer words.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 08:28 PM
    Impressed.. installed Opera Mini for Android as an APK and it associated itself with browsing... so I get "Open in Opera Mini" as last item in the context menu from the BB10 browser.

Hadn't expected integration via APK would hook into Invoke in quite that way. BB10 Global Searches also pick up APKs appropriately.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-05-14 08:32 PM
    there is no research on the server through a google apps account. Has anyone the same issue?
    Outlook.com account is ok.
    Bug or google's issue?
    01-06-14 12:32 PM
    I have tried numerous times to load android apps. It won't let me install any. When I hit the .apk file I want to install it just says initializing. It never progresses. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 03:26 PM
    Once again, some issues with loading Bluetooth connectivity between my Q10 and my MB GLK350. .1295 was flawless when it came to connecting when I got back in the car but on .1925 I have to do a phone search and load about every 5 or 6 times I get back in my car. Odd as the leak before was flawless! 1055 sucked completely. Anyone else experiencing connection issues with you phone and your car? Thanks!
    01-06-14 04:24 PM
    Anyone not seeing the options of how to list the photos to view? I have no options now.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 06:04 PM
    I have tried numerous times to load android apps. It won't let me install any. When I hit the .apk file I want to install it just says initializing. It never progresses. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Usually a reboot solves that. What's you APK download source?

01-06-14 06:09 PM
    Usually a reboot solves that. What's you APK download source?

I have done a few reboots. I have been trying numerous download sources. Mobile1 probably the most. Its worked flawlessly with the previous os I had

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 06:12 PM
    I think i found a bug with text messages. When sending a long text the recipient doesn't receive the second part of the text. Short texts are working fine.
    01-06-14 09:05 PM
    I wiped and reloaded the os. Still can't get it to load .apk files. What am I doing wrong here.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 08:43 AM
    I don't have any issues connecting my Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055 with COMAND NTG2.5 in my MB A-klasse. Nor my wife with similar white Z10 on 1055.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 08:59 AM
    I waited a few days to report this, thinking maybe the new radio, 1926, might fix it, but it didn't.

My one POP email account, Earthlink, just stops picking up new email, at least once a day. The only way to fix it is to delete the account and re-establish it, and then it downloads all the emails.

My Gmail IMAP account is fine, and all text messaging works.

I don't think this was happening before 1925. And of course, I've done multiple hard reboots over the past week or so. I did restore the Settings data when I installed 1925.

Any ideas?
    01-07-14 12:07 PM
    I waited a few days to report this, thinking maybe the new radio, 1926, might fix it, but it didn't.

My one POP email account, Earthlink, just stops picking up new email, at least once a day. The only way to fix it is to delete the account and re-establish it, and then it downloads all the emails.

My Gmail IMAP account is fine, and all text messaging works.

I don't think this was happening before 1925. And of course, I've done multiple hard reboots over the past week or so. I did restore the Settings data when I installed 1925.

Any ideas?
    You could setup your Gmail account to pull the Earthlink emails in to the Gmail inbox with a tag assigned. The down side is you can't reply to Earthlink email because replies will be coming from your Gmail account. I have a number of little used email accounts that I just want to monitor. I have my Gmail account pull their messages rather than load up my Z30 with a bunch of email accounts I don't really use.
    KenV54 likes this.
    01-07-14 01:39 PM
    You could setup your Gmail account to pull the Earthlink emails in to the Gmail inbox with a tag assigned. The down side is you can't reply to Earthlink email because replies will be coming from your Gmail account. I have a number of little used email accounts that I just want to monitor. I have my Gmail account pull their messages rather than load up my Z30 with a bunch of email accounts I don't really use.
    Thanks. Sounds like a good workaround which I may have to try.

I only use two email accounts and do want to be able to reply from the POP account. Apparently others have experienced this problem with various email accounts, and various OS's, according to one of the other threads.
    01-07-14 01:53 PM
    I wiped and reloaded the os. Still can't get it to load .apk files. What am I doing wrong here.

Posted via CB10
    Makes no sense. I use "snap", "apps for Android" and "aptoide". Download and click install. Loads every time. Are you restoring after load? Try a security wipe and install APK first thing. I do not perform restores

PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-07-14 06:33 PM
    I got a bug I just experienced on my z10. When I switched to dark contacts, I can't use the alphabets in the right hand side to search. Eg press G for G contacts, N for contacts with N. I tried a reboot and it doesn't work. It just sticks to 'A', so I have to scroll down for a certain name to call.

No ways to resolve yet, I just had to switch back to white background contact to get it back to work again.

Encrypted by my Z10 on a 1925 os
    01-08-14 12:55 AM
732 ... 1617181920 ...