02-24-14 10:48 PM
732 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    .1925 fixed the "reply now" function that wasn't working on .1055.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 12:09 PM
    This is my 2nd attempt to get this leak to work on my SQN-3. The first time it installed nicely but I couldn't make phone calls and the reboot time was around 5 minutes, so I went back to 10.2.0.4xx.
    Someone gave me the hint to reload the radio file after installing the leak, that should fix the phone call issue. Well today I gave it a try and he was correct, I can now call people. But one huge issue still remains. The rebooting still takes 5 minutes. The Blackberry loading bar moves normally and when it is 100% I can wait another 3 minutes before it actually launches the OS.

Does anyoner have the same issue?
    underway99 likes this.
    01-02-14 12:37 PM
    As with 1055 with this leak I cant change the notification sounds on my BBM. It says "to change these settings set up BBM on your device" I installed the latest update to BBM and it functions fine just cant change the sounds and I want too BAD.
    Just try to restart your phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 12:48 PM
    ok, tried this, and no change... this time around on the active sync, i get NO emails showing in my inbox... before when i added it, it would at least load previous emails in my inbox... now nothing... no old emails... and still not receiving anything either...

thinking i might need to roll back
    You did simple mode and it associated as activesync? Is this Google apps(paid) or personal Gmail(free)?
    If personal Gmail then it should be associating through IMAP, not AS and may need to go advanced to setup as IMAP.
    If Gapps then it should be AS, but there may be some admin configuration that can change that. For GAPPS looks at this article. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33472

May want to get your hands on a 10.2.0 device and associate temporary to see how it works. Try simple then advance and check settings after working. See how they compare to 10.2.1 settings.

Sent via CB10 on my ? Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-02-14 01:09 PM
    You did simple mode and it associated as activesync? Is this Google apps(paid) or personal Gmail(free)?
    If personal Gmail then it should be associating through IMAP, not AS and may need to go advanced to setup as IMAP.
    If Gapps then it should be AS, but there may be some admin configuration that can change that. For GAPPS looks at this article. KB33472-How to integrate a Google Apps email account using Microsoft ActiveSync

May want to get your hands on a 10.2.0 device and associate temporary to see how it works. Try simple then advance and check settings after working. See how they compare to 10.2.1 settings.

whenever i add it as active sync, it adds fine, but then doesnt show any emails. i then go to check to make sure all my info is correct and says its not connected and to please wait.

just now i went to make sure all my folders were set up to sync. and they were not, so i changed the setting, and now it says (after i hit save) your account cannot be authenticated with your service provider. Please make sure the account settings are correct.

and i know they are... ugh...
    01-02-14 01:29 PM
    c_86, it seems we can't get an answer as to if these are business or personal emails. Is the domain gmail.com? If so, it's a very good chance these accounts are personal (free) Gmail accounts. In that case YOU CANNOT USE ActiveSync. Use IMAP4/CalDAV/CardDAV.

If the domain is not Gmail.com, are you sure these accounts are hosted by Google? If so, you should use ActiveSync:
    Domain: Leave this blank
    Server Address: m.google.com
    Use SSL: ON
    Push: On
    All other fields should be obvious or just use the default
    01-02-14 01:49 PM
    c_86, it seems we can't get an answer as to if these are business or personal emails. Is the domain gmail.com? If so, it's a very good chance these accounts are personal (free) Gmail accounts. In that case YOU CANNOT USE ActiveSync. Use IMAP4/CalDAV/CardDAV.

If the domain is not Gmail.com, are you sure these accounts are hosted by Google? If so, you should use ActiveSync:
    Domain: Leave this blank
    Server Address: m.google.com
    Use SSL: ON
    Push: On
    All other fields should be obvious or just use the default
    they do not end in gmail.com

yes i am sure they are google, as i can go to gmail.com and enter my full credentials and gain access to my emails...

they end in the companys name aka "@companyname.ca"

so im assuming its business...
    01-02-14 01:50 PM
    they do not end in gmail.com

yes i am sure they are google, as i can go to gmail.com and enter my full credentials and gain access to my emails...

they end in the companys name aka "@companyname.ca"

so im assuming its business...
    Awesome. You should use ActiveSync. I have 2 Google Business accounts setup that way and it works flawlessly. Very fast and no excessive power usage. Did you have your account settings similar to what I listed?
    01-02-14 01:54 PM
    So when you add the account, tap Add Account. Tap Advanced. Tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. Fill in the fields. Give it about 20 minutes and see if messages are coming in. You should be good to go. If not, I don't know what the problem is.
    01-02-14 01:59 PM
    Awesome. You should use ActiveSync. I have 2 Google Business accounts setup that way and it works flawlessly. Very fast and no excessive power usage. Did you have your account settings similar to what I listed?
    Yes they are exactly as the sites and you said...

So when you add the account, tap Add Account. Tap Advanced. Tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. Fill in the fields. Give it about 20 minutes and see if messages are coming in. You should be good to go. If not, I don't know what the problem is.
    yea i dont know... i can try again... but everytime i set it up as active sync it says its not connected and to wait... shouldnt take forever to sync...

never had any of these issues at all when on 10.2...
    01-02-14 02:16 PM
    This is my 2nd attempt to get this leak to work on my SQN-3. The first time it installed nicely but I couldn't make phone calls and the reboot time was around 5 minutes, so I went back to 10.2.0.4xx.
    Someone gave me the hint to reload the radio file after installing the leak, that should fix the phone call issue. Well today I gave it a try and he was correct, I can now call people. But one huge issue still remains. The rebooting still takes 5 minutes. The Blackberry loading bar moves normally and when it is 100% I can wait another 3 minutes before it actually launches the OS.

Exactly the same over here, on stl-2 on Vodafone Netherlands. Boot time still 5 minutes. Re flash and security wipes didn't fix it.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 02:28 PM
    The standard method of troubleshooting is to simplify first. Build up the complexity checking your problem as you go. So in this case remove the SIM and SD card, wipe the phone, install the OS using a verified loader (one you just downloaded from a known good site), test with no restore, no accounts, etc... If you are having a 5 minute boot up, what is the boot time with a fresh install? Is it 5 minutes? If so, go back to an official OS load and test again. Is is still 5 minutes? You have a hardware problem.

If your problem is email accounts not working, setup the smaller of your accounts and test. Is it still not working? Go back to an official OS and try again.

This is the only way you are going to solve your problems.
    01-02-14 02:42 PM
    Not sure if someone already cover this.. but apparently, you can change your contacts picture between fb, twitter and bbm.

For an example, if your contacts has linked with twitter, bbm or fb.. you can just tap the picture and choose any of them to make it as main profile picture.
    01-02-14 03:20 PM
    Not sure if someone already cover this.. but apparently, you can change your contacts picture between fb, twitter and bbm.

For an example, if your contacts has linked with twitter, bbm or fb.. you can just tap the picture and choose any of them to make it as main profile picture.
    I tried tapping but it didn't show me choose option...

Sent by Sanjiv from my BlackBerry Q10 using Vodafone, Gujarat, India. Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925.
    01-02-14 03:37 PM
    The standard method of troubleshooting is to simplify first. Build up the complexity checking your problem as you go. So in this case remove the SIM and SD card, wipe the phone, install the OS using a verified loader (one you just downloaded from a known good site), test with no restore, no accounts, etc... If you are having a 5 minute boot up, what is the boot time with a fresh install? Is it 5 minutes? If so, go back to an official OS load and test again. Is is still 5 minutes? You have a hardware problem.

If your problem is email accounts not working, setup the smaller of your accounts and test. Is it still not working? Go back to an official OS and try again.

This is the only way you are going to solve your problems.
    I installed this leak 3 times (source: first post mega download). I have no SD card, I never attempted to use an old backup and going back to release version fixed the problem.

No idea what's causing this

Sent from my Q10
    01-02-14 05:36 PM
    Upgraded from 1743 after trying my best to wait for the official tmobile os but just couldn't wait any longer... this update is pretty awesome even though it's only been about 24 hours for me... it fixed slow text loading and searching for sms contacts...

Bugs I've noticed for me.

1. Can't send a group text. I can search and add the contacts just fine and even write the message. But when I send it. It displays the group text window with all the contact icons at the top but a blank text field. My text I sent doesn't even show. From the same window I can keep trying to send more messages but after I tap send it disappears and doesn't show that I sent anything. And when I close out of the window, there is no record of me ever sending a group text.

2. Sending a BBM broadcast message has changed. Not sure if this is a bug or just a BBM update. I used to be able to select the contacts I wanted by clicking on their contact pic. But now I have to type each name and it has to be their display name.

*fyi- each upgrade I've done has been without a wipe. I do a back up through link and then autoloader and then restore through link. No restore problems.

Posted via CB10
    i'm quoting my own post to give an update on my issues

along with the issues above, i later found out that i couldn't text at all. not just group text. this was after waiting for everything in the new OS to settle in.

my attempts to fixing it was to reload the os again, and do another restore. but it didn't help. i really wanted to make everything work with a restore through blackberry link because i didn't want to lose my settings... even though it seemed like that was the problem... but i'm happy to say that my problem seems to be fixed...

while browsing around CB for a solution, i came across a post about solving a totally different issue than mine... i can't recall exactly what it was about, but basically it said something about downgrading to an ealier OS and then upgrade again...

i was originally on 10.2.0.1743... then i went to 10.2.1.1925 and had my texting issues and also certain contacts in my contacts list wouldn't associate with the phone numbers... i tried to reload the os and do another full restore and i still couldn't text... then i tried 10.2.1.1259 and did a full restore from a back up file made from when i was on 10.2.0.1743... i tested texting at first even though some contacts were only showing a phone number and no name but the texts were going through successfully... and i was receiving texts as well... after a while, all the contacts started to sync up and names started to work and it was great... then i figured i might as try going to 10.2.1.1925 and see if it will work now... i did a back up of my phone with 10.2.1.1259 and then loaded up 10.2.1.1925 and did a full restore and all the problems i had before are gone... so far everything seems to be working...

although this may not work for everyone, but what i've learned is to gradually go up the upgrade ladder when using leaks and planning to do a full restore through blackberry link...
    01-02-14 06:30 PM
    Loving 1925 and 10.2.1 generally.

Small thing I noticed... my daughter got Lego Mindstorms EV3 for Christmas. There's a Robot Controller app for Android and iOS which is pretty cool, which works through Bluetooth.

That all works fine from my daughter's iPod. I dropped in the APK and the App starts, I can see the EV3 device And switch off the funky iOS-Bluetooth setting, but although I can Pair, the App tells me I can't Connect.

Interestingly, there are more primitive apps for remote controlling Lego Mindstorms EV3 robots.. although they look less flashy, they DO connect and work through Bluetooth from my Z10 straight out of the APK. That is, the same Bluetooth Pairing entry which doesn?t connect using Lego's app, does work from other APKs and successfully controls the robot.

We don?t need any of this to work, my daughter's fine with her iPod as the remote, but I am reallllly curious.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 07:18 PM
    I tried tapping but it didn't show me choose option...

Sent by Sanjiv from my BlackBerry Q10 using Vodafone, Gujarat, India. Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925.
    if you tap the picture it will show 4 picture from local contact ( if you put one ). twitter, facebook and bbm.. but mine only show bbm, twitter and fb.

example.
    10.2.1.1925 Findings & Fixes *ONLY*-img_20140103_092715.png

I use the same picture across bbm, twitter and fb.. thats why it show the same picture.. just click any of it. It will replace the main picture.
    01-02-14 08:36 PM
    Finding - I noticed today when I was sending a photo attachment via email the (new and improved) 10.2.1.1925 now gives you the option to reduce the photo file size prior to sending.

Previously I was using BBM to send photos - as this method reduced the photo size.

It would be interesting to test the file size to see which is more efficient (ie smallest file size).

Apologies if this appears above. I attempted to search to confirm - but the search engine in CB needs some modifications to provide assistance.

Posted via CB with the Z30 STA100-5/10.2.1.1925
    01-02-14 08:37 PM

yea i dont know... i can try again... but everytime i set it up as active sync it says its not connected and to wait... shouldnt take forever to sync...

If you can get your hands on another bb10 running official software. Try associating your account to it temp as a test. There could be another reason that is causing this that coincidentally started at same time. Better than rolling back and having same issue.

01-02-14 09:52 PM

Also double check to see if Google 2 step verification somehow got enabled. If it is. Check this article. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33504

01-02-14 09:59 PM

Did an extra experiment booting without the sim inserted. Resulted in normal booting... I've got an cut to size normal sim. Never gave any problem till now. Can you try booting without sim? Wonder if it gives you the same result.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 05:15 AM
    Slid the sim back about a millimeter in its tray and problem solved... boots within two minutes now...

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 05:18 AM
    Very interesting. I will try it in second. I have a standard micro sim from the carrier.

Sent from my Q10
    01-03-14 05:20 AM
    Regarding on the battery life issue

If you use lte, you will drain it faster specially when you're in a bad signal area. This has been discussed several times.

I think it's smart to use lte occasionally and
    I don't think this is applicable to non lte carriers.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 05:39 AM
732 ... 1415161718 ...