01-02-14 01:56 AM
85 1234
tools
    1925 is working super nice on my Z10.

No issues and all is buttery smooth.

I sideloaded Snap for Google Play and man oh man it is so sweet installing these Android apps.
    12-30-13 05:23 PM
    Must just be me then but the battery on 1925 seems worse. I have had it on for almost 3 months (since the day it came out) and the drain seems quicker than on the official 10.2.0.x I had before.

Having said that its a very nice and snappy OS and I haven't come across any gremlins and so am very happy allround
    How have you had 1925 for 3 months? It was just released last week.

On a side note, after 4 days of running 1925 my battery is really out there. Come off the charger at 1 am and I am showing almost 2 days left on the battery

Posted via CB10. 10.2.1.1925 with 1259 camera/clock
    Dave Bourque and Mecca EL like this.
    12-30-13 05:25 PM
    Must just be me then but the battery on 1925 seems worse. I have had it on for almost 3 months (since the day it came out) and the drain seems quicker than on the official 10.2.0.x I had before.

Having said that its a very nice and snappy OS and I haven't come across any gremlins and so am very happy allround
    three months? the phone or the OS..If OS this would mean you are the head cook and bottle washer. I have just one question for you: Why did you take this long to release this bit of awesomeness?? -_-
    12-30-13 05:45 PM
    Remember guys, the time stamp on the OS image itself is Dec 19th, so it didn't even exist less than 2 weeks ago.

FWIW though my battery life has also been very good, even with the 1055 radio loaded with 1925.
    12-30-13 05:54 PM
    I'm glad to hear most of you are happy with the battery life on the new 10.2.1 … just wondering if you notice any improvement about the sms issues from previous 10.2.0? (refresh your memory: 15 sec delay when selecting contact, unto 20 sec delay to upload previous msgs, sometimes keyboard hides the txt box while typing msg, 15 sec delay to send msg.)
    12-30-13 06:16 PM
    three months? the phone or the OS..If OS this would mean you are the head cook and bottle washer. I have just one question for you: Why did you take this long to release this bit of awesomeness?? -_-
    Apologies for the lost sarcasm I installed it last week when it came out
    nothingworks and PatrickMJS like this.
    12-30-13 06:19 PM
    Yes I will say I do not remember being ticked off with that issue for a long time so maybe it was fixed or went away. I have been running the 10.2.1 leaks since 1055 came out.

Reg leaked 10.2.1.1925. Q10
    12-30-13 06:24 PM
    Now all I need is a PC to load this up, sucks being a Mac user
    I knew there was a reason we should stay away from Apple. It does not play nicely with us berry lovers
    12-30-13 06:54 PM
    Every single leak there's always someone spewing this. Battery life is almost unchanged since I bought my bb10 throughout all OS
    Same original battery? I know it's a pretty obvious question but was just curious
    12-30-13 07:01 PM
    Apologies for the lost sarcasm I installed it last week when it came out
    Is your pim still running high on cpu?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-30-13 07:24 PM
    Way impressed with the battery on 1925.
    Attachment 234684

This is with moderate use, an gmail And BES support. twitter and instagram.
    Posted via CB10
    What device are you using?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 07:27 PM
    my Q10 is having a slow startup after installed this leaked OS. the progress bar during startup reaches 100% but the purple logo only disappears after 70 seconds. anyone experience this?
    12-30-13 07:35 PM
    one can't expect battery life to get any better. If you want good battery life, with something resembling BB10, go back to, say, Windows Mobile devices, using today's technology. It would be overkill, but it would work better than anything else. You can call Microsoft many things.. buy I tend to call them quitters. Which I can understand.. they are after the almighty buck, and chasing upgrade profits. They have to. That doesn't change the fact that Windows Mobile OS was quite good enough for anyone's needs. It's not that the OS wasn't capable. Hell, I had Quake 3 Arena up and running on it without issue. Maybe a 15 year old game, but in terms of, say, Android games these days.. you can't say Windows Mobile wasn't capable.

You can't tell me Windows Mobile is prehistoric. It could do just as much as BB10 can do now, or Android, or Windows Phone (I was running Windows Mobile 6.5 up until a couple years ago.. not so distant from Windows Phone 8.) The only thing that has changed is the presentation. People get fooled by the flash, yet they're no more productive.

Consumers want something to hold their hand. Programmers want something that's easier to work with. There's your bloat. There's your BB10 and Android, etc. BB10 is really no faster than Android... but the QNX hypers would make you think otherwise. BB10 might appear faster if it could shed itself of the Android baggage.. instead, it has to do two things at once. Of course it's going to be a bit crippled. Keep in mind that the core functionality of QNX could once fit within less than 2 megabytes, even less if you don't count the graphical interface. Going further back, with QNX 3.. mid-80's or so.. that was the last time it would really be customized to suit the hardware. After that, it was all about platform agnosticism and portability. Interpret that as u will, but I don't think I'm wrong in saying that QNX 3 was the last time it was truly built for speed.

Back to modern day.. BB OS7 outsells BB10 because BB 7 is good enough. It's cheap enough or does enough to suit a business person's needs. The only reason you'd need more power is if you were playing games. If one needs to do a lot of typing, would you rather do it on a touchscreen or a real keyboard? Hell, even Swype is faster than BB10's one-at-a-time keypress approach, nevermind the touchscreen 'equivalent' of that. It doesn't even compare.
    Last edited by BennyX; 12-30-13 at 07:59 PM.
    Mack Gans likes this.
    12-30-13 07:37 PM
    one can't expect battery life to get any better. If you want good battery life, with something resembling BB10, go back to, say, Windows Mobile devices, using today's technology. It would be overkill, but it would work better than anything else.

You can't tell me Windows Mobile is prehistoric. It could do just as much as BB10 can do now, or Android, or Windows Phone (I was running Windows Mobile 6.5 up until a couple years ago.. not so distant from Windows Phone 8.) The only thing that has changed is the presentation. People get fooled by the flash, yet they're no more productive.
    What are you talking about ??.... BB10 battery life is fine once all the syncing is complete.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-30-13 07:40 PM
    I'm glad to hear most of you are happy with the battery life on the new 10.2.1 … just wondering if you notice any improvement about the sms issues from previous 10.2.0? (refresh your memory: 15 sec delay when selecting contact, unto 20 sec delay to upload previous msgs, sometimes keyboard hides the txt box while typing msg, 15 sec delay to send msg.)
    The OS is super stable. Google maps went wonky on me and BB10 shut it down in like 5 seconds and I carried on like nothing happened. Last time Windows 7 did something like that was..never! BB10 is a monster! Rock on!
    12-30-13 07:49 PM
    I was hoping for all dark theme in this build. Hub, emailing, Facebook, Twitter etc have been still in white. Lot of improvements required to make all full dark theme OS.

Dr Prithvi Sent by Z30 frm CB10
    12-30-13 07:50 PM
    What are you talking about ??.... BB10 battery life is fine once all the syncing is complete.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    on the Z10? No. Absolutely not. I guess we can agree to disagree, there. It doesn't last any longer than my old Dell Axim x51v running Windows Mobile. More importantly, it isn't any more capable.

the Z10 obviously has the higher resolution to support. I can tell you from firsthand experience that the resolution on the Axim x51v was quite sufficient, though. The problem is companies need to sell the 'shiny' or 'higher-spec' even when it's not necessary.

Hell, you can argue the higher-spec tech is even necessary to support LTE speeds. I can tell you though.. 2G speeds are quite sufficient enough to do whatever it is you need to do on the net (unless downloading a heck of a lot at once.. but if you're doing that, you're likely going to access it with a PC anyhow, in which case.. let the PC download it in the first place). Making calls? It doesn't take 2013 tech to do that, even if you're using the best VOIP Codecs if calling over the net.

If speed is lacking, choose Puffin browser. Maybe UC Browser.. or Opera Mini. My experience is that you can't beat Puffin browser for speed. Let their servers do the heavy lifting. Doesn't cost much to do so. Your mobile device will thank you, in terms of battery life.
    Last edited by BennyX; 12-30-13 at 08:24 PM.
    12-30-13 08:00 PM
    on the Z10? No. Absolutely not. I guess we can agree to disagree, there. It doesn't last any longer than my old Dell Axim x51v running Windows Mobile.

the Z10 obviously has the higher resolution to support. I can tell you from firsthand experience that the resolution on the Axim x51v was quite sufficient, though. The problem is companies need to sell the 'shiny' or 'higher-spec' even when it's not necessary.

Hell, you can argue the higher-spec tech is even necessary to support LTE speeds. I can tell you though.. 2G speeds are quite sufficient enough to do whatever it is you need to do on the net (unless downloading a heck of a lot at once.. but if you're doing that, you're likely going to access it with a PC anyhow, in which case.. let the PC download it in the first place). Making calls? It doesn't take 2013 tech to do that, even if you're using the best VOIP Codecs if calling over the net.

If speed is lacking, choose Puffin browser. Maybe UC Browser.. or Opera Mini. My experience is that you can't beat Puffin browser for speed. Let their servers do the heavy lifting. Doesn't cost much to do so. Your mobile device will thank you, in terms of battery life.
    I get the standard 8-14 hours... it's not that bad... and if it does I plop a fully charged battery in.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-30-13 08:17 PM
    My point is that with today's tech, you could get a F-ton more battery life, using an older OS and lesser resolution (that you likely would not notice or care much about anyhow). There is no reason for a Z10 device *not* to last 24 hours on a charge. Except bloat.

Those developing countries who love BIS so much? Sell the equivalent of Windows Mobile 6.5 tech and specs to them if they can't afford to pay for the data they use. That should reap obscene profits for Blackberry. For what those people use their devices for, they don't need anything more complicated. Hell, the OS7 devices use Java, for C sakes.. and that's quite enough bloat as is. Definitely room for refinement and cost cutting there.

(and I'd argue most people don't need anything more complicated. That's why trying to sell hardware is always a loser's game)

Hype sells hardware.. up until the point where people wonder where the content is that takes advantage of the newest shiny.
    12-30-13 08:22 PM
    Mine has been improving with use. Holster mode seems really effective now. while I'm at work it barely uses anything.
    Attachment 234484
    Attachment 234485

Posted via CB10

Noob here how do you get hoslster mode.
    12-30-13 08:42 PM
    well, in truth, battery life sucks if you're using QNX.

Peeps like to hype it like it is the best thing since sliced bread, but..... the differences between it and Android/iOS are slight.

What would have been more impressive was if Playbook's OS would have been ported. At least the multitasking was evident. As it is now, there's no real BB10 multitasking. Things pause once you shrink. Just like Android. Might as well just be Android. BB10 has no advantages at this point.

...and Android already features the best experimentations and implementations when it comes to interface. That's evolution. BB10 has none of that. You can guess what that means. BB10 is going to be evolutioned out, soon enough. It provides no real advantageous benefit compared to Android, and there are millions more behind 'droid than BB10.
    arvind1983 likes this.
    12-30-13 08:59 PM

Peeps like to hype it like it is the best thing since sliced bread, but..... the differences between it and Android/iOS are slight.

What would have been more impressive was if Playbook's OS would have been ported. At least the multitasking was evident. As it is now, there's no real BB10 multitasking. Things pause once you shrink. Just like Android. Might as well just be Android. BB10 has no advantages at this point, and if it does, it's superficial, and easily fixed with a new interface.

...and Android is rapidly catching up.
    so all the car manufacturers using QNX should drop it? QNX and BB10 aren't the same.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-30-13 09:02 PM
    Special one

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 09:23 PM

What would have been more impressive was if Playbook's OS would have been ported. At least the multitasking was evident. As it is now, there's no real BB10 multitasking. Things pause once you shrink. Just like Android. Might as well just be Android. BB10 has no advantages at this point.

...and Android already features the best experimentations and implementations when it comes to interface. That's evolution. BB10 has none of that. You can guess what that means. BB10 is going to be evolutioned out, soon enough. It provides no real advantageous benefit compared to Android, and there are millions more behind 'droid than BB10.
    And what does this have to do with 10.2.1.1925 ???

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-30-13 09:29 PM
    Battery life was impressive till it turned off suddenly from about 75%. Anyone else had this?
    10.2.1.1925 is crazy-img_20131231_084233.png

Z10, STL100-1, 10.2.1.1925
    12-30-13 09:59 PM
85 1234