12-08-13 03:23 AM
201 ... 23456 ...
tools
    And it effects your pocket directly how? It doesn't, someone else pays for it. Unlike the leaks that went from community sharing to a supposed business.

Posted via CB10
    I'm guessing you didn't really read everything you say you did before it disappeared. Or of you did you got stuck on one sentence. Because if you had you would have read the same thing I did. Which was no pay for download.

So, who knows what is real and what wasn't, but I know I saw even in those things I wasn't supposed to see, that it wouldn't have cost me a thing. And secondly, I will not have access to leaks I once did.

I don't see how you can see an upside in this unless you think Chen will suddenly be sending you each internal build via FedEx now.

Uhm....btw....he won't.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    habs_fan, Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    12-07-13 08:54 PM
    Noone forced anyone to buy or pay for any help.. if they sent money in, it was a donation.. these guys spend a lot of time with these leaks... helping and finding out ways to make it all work...

Building apps to help install or extract the os.. that cost time and money

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    And it was NOTHING that the community as a whole couldnt have done for themselves. Which has been my point all along.
    And building an app is free it only takes time. Which if you were here to help the community you wouldn't want to charge for anyway. Did darcy charge for his program. Did sachese charge for his? No they did it to help the community. Not for personal gain.
    Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 08:55 PM
    Here's my thoughts on this...

1- what happened in the past should be left there in this case

2- if you can't provide a leak then you shouldn't complain about how they are handled... it is a bonus that those who have provide

3- threads like this one serve no purpose

And I saved the best for last

4- CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 08:56 PM
    You're telling me that I'm a drama queen because unlike everyone frowning that maybe the drama will subside. I'm trying to give you an upside to think about?

I'm just telling you that even though you feel like the leaks are going to stop because there is no more team. They aren't. That there is a ray of sunshine thru it all. You will still get help after a leak is installed. You can even still wait for it to be tested. Only it will be a community wide test. Instead of just being done by a certain few. I really don't understand all the hate for me feeling like this is a good thing.
    Posted via CB10
    So... where will the leaks come from.

You do realize anyone that had a leak could have distributed them at any time...even while the leaks team did their thing. The leaks team had nothing to do with other leaks appearing outside of what they were getting.

So, since BB10 came out, how many leaks were released from someone other than the leaks team?

...and that's what you're happy about.

habs_fan and Mecca EL like this.
    12-07-13 08:58 PM
    Better together than a whole miss Mosh of people.. working in groups always works out better..

Dude a community of 100000 would destroy this website..

10 people making it easy and simple to a thread as opposed to 300 threads about same thing like the old BBOS says.. do you even know those days!?

habs_fan and Blacklatino like this.
    12-07-13 08:58 PM
    That's not my intention at all believe me. I'm in no way insulting anyone or trying to argue. Just my opinion of what a forum is for and what this one has lacked. To me it's pointless to have a community if you take away it's ability to be productive. A productive community test things together. Helps each other, and has productive interactions. I don't dislike anyone who doesn't agree with me. I don't dislike any one member of the berry leaks team. I dislike what they started to do with the leaks. I dislike the fact that they took away from the productive aspect of the community. And I dislike the fact that all the fun was taken out of loading the leaks. I hate that no one could ask a question because there was a list made about the leak. I hate all the drama that came from the way the leaks were handled. I hate right now that I'm having to explain to everyone that more then anything I want this to be a more happier, helpful and drama free group of leak testers. Because ( I feel like a broken record ) what's the point in forums for a leaked operating system if only a certain few are allowed to test and try to be helpful.

Posted via CB10
    You should have been around in the Storm (1) days... ahhhh, memories. Those were the days for leaks and people as a community working on them.
    12-07-13 09:01 PM
    We trying

12-07-13 09:01 PM
    spotted 10.2.1.1999

Please drop...

Hahaha this game is fun

Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh Boooyyeeeeee

Sup kid?

Ask and you shall receive.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-07-13 09:02 PM
    Hey when is the new leak coming.

Posted from my Z30 and a big fan of BlackBerry Empire
    12-07-13 09:02 PM
    You should have been around in the Storm (1) days... ahhhh, memories. Those were the days for leaks and people as a community working on them.
    I was around for those days. I've been around since the 8310

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 09:03 PM
    You still don't get the point. If a leak is released with no info you get 10 pages of " what's new in this OS?" those post would far outweigh a post that says "so and so is new" By having the group release it after checking to see what bugs there may be, and the OP with a list of what's new etc, it saves people a lot of time and drama. Or you'd rather have someone tease a leak and not release it until we were worthy.

Via CB10 Runnin Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1055!
    bradu1, habs_fan, Mecca EL and 1 others like this.
    12-07-13 09:03 PM
    Threads that turnout like this are always so entertaining.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    12-07-13 09:04 PM
    You still don't get the point. If a leak is released with no info you get 10 pages of " what's new in this OS?" those post would far outweigh a post that says "so and so is new" By having the group release it after checking to see what bugs there may be, and the OP with a list of what's new etc, it saves people a lot of time and drama. Or you'd rather have someone tease a leak and not release it until we were worthy.

Deddo

12-07-13 09:06 PM
    So... where will the leaks come from.

You do realize anyone that had a leak could have distributed them at any time...even while the leaks team did their thing. The leaks team had nothing to do with other leaks appearing outside of what they were getting.

So, since BB10 came out, how many leaks were released from someone other than the leaks team?

...and that's what you're happy about.

All of them. They were leaked to one member of the team who took it upon himself to form a team. Instead of giving it directly to the community as a whole. ( why did they do this? Your guess is as good as mine) and there have been leaks where they were not involved at all. Like 1055.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 09:07 PM
    Deddo

Ya I'll ditto his Deddo and raise you a *****

Threads that turnout like this are always so entertaining.

Posted via CB10
    ^ exactly I'm been reading this as the Habs win for the past few hrs

Posted via CB10
    I've debated whether or not to say something about this, especially because I dropped out of BL for personal reasons before today's events took place. And yes, I am aware that some people doubted that I dropped out for personal reasons. All I'll say about that is that my private life is my private life, and some things you don't share with the world. No matter what they may think of you for it.

But regarding the monetizing thing... now, I missed the original 'drama' that took place earlier. I'm not sure what the discussion was, but I can say this.
    None of the people within BL that I knew became a part of it to get rich. We were volunteers who enjoyed doing what we did. We liked tinkering with OSes and helping others out.
    At some point an app was created by Kris. He put up a paid version of it and all the money that was made from that, or from t-shirts, went to him. He has later said that all money he made was eventually donated to a certain good cause. I have no way to verify this but I choose to trust he has been truthful about that.

Making money off of leaks would have been impossible, even if we had wanted to. There was a lawyer on the team. We knew we'd be screwed royally, and I do mean ROYALLY if we made money off of OSes that were build by BlackBerry. No one would ever want to take the chance to have to fight them in court. CB has a good relationship with BB and that is probably the one and only reason we were able to post leaks here without the risk of lawsuits.

If there ever was an opportunity or wish to make money it would not be over leaks. It would only be possible by doing something else, utilizing knowledge to create something new -such as other apps- and use CB or a BerryLeaks website/social media site to reach an audience. It would require actual work and possibly investments and it would not be over someone else's hard work or copyrighted or owned materials.

Again, I can't speak for the team, especially not since I have no idea what happened between the moment I dropped out and today... but the people I've come to know were not in it for monetary gain. The people in the team who in any way made money through the blackberry community were talented people who put hard work and effort into their own creation, be it an app or a t-shirt design. They created a product that other people chose to buy because they wanted to support someone or because they got something useful and/or fun out of it. But I think it's not fair to these people who I've come to know and appreciate for the great human beings that they are to be accused of horrible practices the way they are. My two cents.
    12-07-13 09:09 PM
    Itz..... show me where I said " drama queen " there, see how your interpretation of other people's post is a bit flawed? could this be part of your anger?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-07-13 09:09 PM
    Ya I'll ditto his Deddo and raise you a *****

Farmer!

12-07-13 09:10 PM
    And I don't know why people are still responding to this guy (nick guy) there's ton of threads where all he does is bash berryleaks.
    We get it you don't like them, okay move on, not everyone has to like everyone. Or at least tell others on the Internet that you don't like them, cause I really don't care who you like

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 09:10 PM

Oh I get it. It's called community interaction. What a shame it would be for all of us to talk to each other and help each other I guess. And really. Where is that any different with them testing it lol. Your still getting all those threads eh? Only now you have people more grumpy and demanding that people read instead of interacting with each other. That's not a community.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 09:11 PM
    And I don't know why people are still responding to this guy (nick guy) there's ton of threads where all he does is bash berryleaks.
    We get it you don't like them, okay move on, not everyone has to like everyone. Or at least tell others on the Internet that you don't like them, cause I really don't care who you like

Posted via CB10
    Then you are not obligated to respond are you

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 09:12 PM
    All of them. They were leaked to one member of the team who took it upon himself to form a team. Instead of giving it directly to the community as a whole. ( why did they do this? Your guess is as good as mine) and there have been leaks where they were not involved at all. Like 1055.

Posted via CB10
    Ok... so then person that got the leaks chose how to disperse them. As anyone would. And we ended up getting them. So, take that person out of the equation. Now those leaks are gone. And you're happy.

Yes, 1055 came from someone else, someone that wasn't going to release until he deemed us worthy. You like that better?

You're missing the point.

Think of it this way. I've got your favorite candy. You want that candy. But I want to look at it and make sure no crazy person has put razor blades in it before I give it to you. So you need to wait an hour before you can have it. So you get upset you have to wait. Would you be happier then if I just said forget it, now you can't have the candy at all? Or would you rather wait an hour. I'd rather wait.

You've just been told no candy, and you're hopping around all happy. I can't believe you don't like candy.

12-07-13 09:13 PM
    I've debated whether or not to say something about this, especially because I dropped out of BL for personal reasons before today's events took place. And yes, I am aware that some people doubted that I dropped out for personal reasons. All I'll say about that is that my private life is my private life, and some things you don't share with the world. No matter what they may think of you for it.

But regarding the monetizing thing... now, I missed the original 'drama' that took place earlier. I'm not sure what the discussion was, but I can say this.
    None of the people within BL that I knew became a part of it to get rich. We were volunteers who enjoyed doing what we did. We liked tinkering with OSes and helping others out.
    At some point an app was created by Kris. He put up a paid version of it and all the money that was made from that, or from t-shirts, went to him. He has later said that all money he made was eventually donated to a certain good cause. I have no way to verify this but I choose to trust he has been truthful about that.

Making money off of leaks would have been impossible, even if we had wanted to. There was a lawyer on the team. We knew we'd be screwed royally, and I do mean ROYALLY if we made money off of OSes that were build by BlackBerry. No one would ever want to take the chance to have to fight them in court. CB has a good relationship with BB and that is probably the one and only reason we were able to post leaks here without the risk of lawsuits.

If there ever was an opportunity or wish to make money it would not be over leaks. It would only be possible by doing something else, utilizing knowledge to create something new -such as other apps- and use CB or a BerryLeaks website/social media site to reach an audience. It would require actual work and possibly investments and it would not be over someone else's hard work or copyrighted or owned materials.

Again, I can't speak for the team, especially not since I have no idea what happened between the moment I dropped out and today... but the people I've come to know were not in it for monetary gain. The people in the team who in any way made money through the blackberry community were talented people who put hard work and effort into their own creation, be it an app or a t-shirt design. They created a product that other people chose to buy because they wanted to support someone or because they got something useful and/or fun out of it. But I think it's not fair to these people who I've come to know and appreciate for the great human beings that they are to be accused of horrible practices the way they are. My two cents.
    Truth... remember Lawyer on the team... who loves rr3... ahahah.

VeniceBB and wu-wei like this.
    12-07-13 09:15 PM
    spotted 10.2.1.1999

Please drop...

Hahaha this game is fun

Tonight I'm gonna party like its....
    Oh wait... different 1999

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-07-13 09:15 PM