Question on the video player that comes with the leak 10.2.1.1055

If you get some video file to play with this video player (sarcastic tone), you will see that one of it's limited options is Closed Captioning.
    While playing a video file, tap the "more" button (three vertical dots), and you get 4 options, the third one being CC in the famous square box. It may be changed to Stream 1, Stream 2, Stream 3, Stream 4, Stream 5, Stream 6, Closed Captions is Off.

The question here is: What kind of stream does it actually need? What file format?
    I tried many file types and versions, and SRTs and all that. None worked. Maybe I just don't have the right one.

Anyone knows?
    11-25-13 11:47 PM
    Hi there.
    I have had good luck playing all kinds of videos. I tried all those stream numbers and nothing seems to happen.
    11-26-13 06:56 AM
    I think closed captioning needs to be embedded with the file. I know when I burn dvds I'm able to add various audio streams as well as add a closed captioning channels on my pc maybe the srt files need to be embedded before hand and the various streams in the media player would be for multi language playback. Don't know for sure have nothing to test anything with for that right now but just a thought

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 07:37 AM
    I think closed captioning needs to be embedded with the file. I know when I burn dvds I'm able to add various audio streams as well as add a closed captioning channels on my pc maybe the srt files need to be embedded before hand and the various streams in the media player would be for multi language playback. Don't know for sure have nothing to test anything with for that right now but just a thought

Posted via CB10
    If I had to guess, I would say that you are correct. The stream would have to be embedded into the video file for it to show.

Sent from my Mind Control App using my BerryLeak Z30 running10.2.1.xxxx while being the GREATEST
    11-26-13 09:42 AM
    I agree that the subtitle file needs to be embedded along with the video file together. So one container file has the video, audio and subtitles.

What we need to find out is what format must this subtitle file be in. SRT text file, bluray PGS, DVD .sub, or what?

I think the file I tried had the bluray PGS or .sup file. That did not seem to work.
    11-26-13 02:34 PM
    I think it can be any available format I think programs like Sony Vega. Can do it but don't have it anymore

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 04:00 PM
    The movie "The Internship" on sale for. 99 at BlackBerry world has closed captioning. It is a separate smpte file in the same directory as the movie.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 04:24 PM
    Try a mkv file with subs in, that should work.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 05:10 PM
    I am trying to figure out this smpte file.
    Here is some reading: The Zencoder guide to closed captioning for web, mobile, and connected TV « Zencoder Cloud Encoding Blog

apparently the official default FCC format?? (Jeez) never heard of it before now.

I am trying to find software that can create such a file. Nothing.
    11-26-13 10:10 PM
    Try a mkv file with subs in, that should work.

Posted via CB10
    I tried. They did not work.
    11-26-13 10:11 PM