Like the old Mission Impossible messages my 10.2.1.1055 load has self-destructed. It all started with voice mails not registering. Next APKs stopped opening, or opening but then immediately closing. Then it spread to the swipe up unlock feature disappearing, and BAR files started to see an internet connection intermittently. Now I am only allowed to have audio in a BBM chat for about 20 seconds before my friend on the other end of the call begins mouthing words to me in an uncomfortable science.

I guess it is time for a reload, but I am not sure if it will be a re-reload of this software, or back to the more reliable build of BB10 past.

Anybody else have a self-destructing load?
    11-26-13 09:24 PM
    BTW tried multiple power down battery pulls...and legitimately changed nothing in the days leading to the self destruction.
    11-26-13 09:26 PM
    Try this one: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=876131

It is the same OS but loads differently.

Solved issues for me.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction on my Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055.628508 via CB10
    11-26-13 09:29 PM
    Thanks I was just looking at that thread. This whole thing blows my mind though b/c everything worked fine until yesterday. I installed the leak on the first day it became available. Just trying to wrap my head around why it would self destruct after so many days.
    11-26-13 10:01 PM
    It kinda answers the question:
    Have you been naughty or nice!!

I say: Be bad baby!!
    And when you reload, Don't reload "setting!!"

... and if your device "really" starts smoking......
    RUN!!
    11-26-13 10:05 PM
    been with 1055 since it came out and no bugs. I used the "no bugs" one!
    wolfee48 likes this.
    11-26-13 10:13 PM
    I experienced system meltdown once on this load while reading gNewsReader.

Out of no where the screen turn off by itself and no button can turn it back on. End up have to do a battery pull.
    11-26-13 10:21 PM
    Alright - I uninstalled all but 3 apks (uninstalled: NPR, PRI, Amazon store, Mobile1 store...) and 3 bars, and I have regained the ability to BBM voice/video chat with audio. I still do not have swipe from the bottom unlock which is way more annoying than one would think it would be. Perhaps that was the most annoying part of IOS when I had an iPhone b/c I absolutely loath pressing the button on top to unlock the phone - LOL

I used the Chrome extension to uninstall, and did a power down, battery pull, power on, to regain this functionality.

I might try uninstalling a few more to see if I can get swipe from the bottom back.
    BB_makes_it_happen likes this.
    11-26-13 10:37 PM
    Try to swipe from left then. Some apps especially games run in landscape mode.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 10:44 PM
    Okay, I have 2 APKs (Skydrive, Daytrotter) left now, I have turned off the picture password/simple password option b/c it was slow and irritating albeit super cool.

I have half way restored swipe from the bottom. Now it seems if the device is really locked I can swipe up from the bottom no problem (after first boot), but if the screen has just gone dark I must push the top button, and then swipe up from the bottom -urgh. Might try a security swipe next, or remove the final two APKs...

My summary of ...1055 thus far - the Android part of this build seems to be a complete wash. APKs have caused nothing but heartache, bugs, and irritation. I will probably go back to not using Android apps in a few minutes... However, I do like the new BB10 features of this build
    11-26-13 10:57 PM
    Swipe problem solved, and it was embarrassingly easy...

1. settings
    2. display
    3. swipe to wake was set to the off position.

I wonder what changed this setting b/c it certainly was not me.

Also, I had Verizon reset my voice mail on their side earlier today, and when I put the battery in this last time it finally ran me through voice mail setup prompts... talk about slow servers. Looks like we are back on all fronts...Well except I do not have any Android app installed anymore... I'm probably going to leave it that way after all the bugs though. I made it with out them since the Z10 came out.
    11-26-13 11:16 PM
    BTW tried multiple power down battery pulls...and legitimately changed nothing in the days leading to the self destruction.
    If you do battery pulls, don't blame the OS for self destroying.

Battery pulls destroy the OS.
    This is no legacy device.
    Not to mention that Z30, Q5 etc, don't even have a removable battery.
    Nevertheless, DO NOT do battery pulls.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    11-26-13 11:31 PM
    I pulled the battery with the phone in the off position, which I would think is little cause for concern seeing as there is extra battery charging hardware available from BB, and of course the OS has been shutdown... You might be on to something, as when I pulled the battery, and put it back in I was able to setup my voicemail via Verizon prompts....Perhaps pulling the battery, even at a complete OS shutdown does turn the device a little bit further in the off direction. I didn't realize the Z30/Q10 did not have a removable battery... That is a little bit weak sauce.
    11-27-13 01:01 AM
    Added a few Android apps back thinking what's the harm...and BAM! BBM voice/video audio was messed up again.
    1. Tried a restart - no help.
    2. Restarted my WIFI router - no help
    3. Removed a few Android apps - no help
    4. Removed a few more Android apps - no -help
    5. Removed all the Android apps - audio was in and out
    6. Shutdown, battery pull, restart w/ no Android apps - Problem solved

Am I the only one?
    12-12-13 07:44 AM
    Had nearly the same issues on my girlfriend's Z10. Installed a lot of android apps she needed. I told her to look for alternatives instead installing android ports. 5 days later and some android apps more installed the Z10 was unusable.
    As I mentioned often here forget the addiction to android apps, most of them are just for fun, battery drain increase and as you noticed on your Z10 some basic features won't work

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 08:19 AM
    Happened to me in a very similar way but it was not the software just the phone...somehow the system got corrupted and I had to reload the software. I used an auto loader and restored only media and settings to get my phone book back.

This was before the 10.1 days

Also if you can't swipe up to unlock it maybe your phone...I had to have mine replaced...it was under warranty obviously.
    I flick! Do you?
    12-12-13 11:22 AM
    been with 1055 since it came out and no bugs. I used the "no bugs" one!
    Used that one as well and it still hung up when accessing "Accounts" setup after installing some Android apps. Also hung at the 100% BB logo restart requiring OS reload. All this without restoring anything from backup. IMO, this one is no better than the one originally leaked.
    12-13-13 04:12 AM
    Hmmmm... the no voice in BBM video problem continues w/ no Android apps installed. I guess it is a problem with the leak or load. Here is how it plays out:

Sometimes: everything works perfect
    Others: The wife's voice gets choppy for a few seconds, and then no audio on my end. She can see/hear everything I am doing, I can only see. Today, the problem returned after a shutdown/battery swap. I noticed it is not just BBM video audio that cuts out it is all of the phone audio until I end the Video call. This typically occurs in the first 10 seconds of the call.

New things I tried: Wife is now using WIFI not/mobile network - (So, I am 100% sure the problem is my phone)

Only cure seems to be luck of the draw on a reboot.

Thinking about swapping off of the Apple time capsule router, and seeing if that makes a difference, but doubtful, that router has performed quite well

Not sure if BB ever looks at these threads, but figured I would keep a log of things in case they do drop in. Needless to say, I am anxiously awaiting the next leak.
    12-14-13 05:15 PM