11-03-16 10:06 AM
2,685 ... 979899100101 ...
tools
    How do i install the new OS on my z10 STL-3. Don't know how to do that now.
    Download the OS Autoloader from the first post... https://mega.co.nz/#!j1AX1JpL!SsRF9W...EFtkdRN5HbDHJY

- Back up your Z (optional). The Autoloader will wipe everything in the Device memory but will not wipe anything on the Media card.
    - With Z10 connected to a PC, double click on the Autoloader that you downloaded. In about 5 minutes it will have replaced the OS on your Z10. Your Z10 will be clean, like the first day you took it from the box.
    - Setup your email accounts and download/install the apps you had. It's recommended you do NOT restore any backup files as they may create issues.
    11-28-13 12:40 PM
    Got myself back up and running with this 10.2.1. This apk stuff is fun lol

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 07:07 PM
    I've tried to download this thing 3 times and always stops at 70 or even 90%... :-/ How can I finally get this? what's the trick?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 07:15 PM
    I've tried to download this thing 3 times and always stops at 70 or even 90%... :-/ How can I finally get this? what's the trick?

Posted via CB10
    I generally recommend using opera although chrome works fairly well. If you already are using one of these try clearing you lr browsing data, cache, cookies etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 10:39 PM
    why are people having problems? I have this latest leak on STL100-1 and for two weeks ive had no bugs at all. I dont want to jinx myself but even the android sideloads are so much friggin better. I used to have no data connection error with the previous build, but this one solve it all, no watermark, and above all a removable bottom bar!
    Gykesdollars likes this.
    11-28-13 11:13 PM
    why are people having problems? I have this latest leak on STL100-1 and for two weeks ive had no bugs at all. I dont want to jinx myself but even the android sideloads are so much friggin better. I used to have no data connection error with the previous build, but this one solve it all, no watermark, and above all a removable bottom bar!
    Restores, security wipes, installed apps, intrinsic device qualities, network settings, carrier decisions, alignment of the planets, acts of God, voodoo, black magic, cosmic rays, etc.
    11-28-13 11:42 PM
    I can't install this. I did a wipe and than ran the auto loader. It starts loading up the OS, crashes each time and then the LED on my Z10 blinks red in a pattern. I also reloaded the OS from link and tried one again and the same thing happened. My Z10 is the 003. This is the first time I am having issues like this with loading a OS. Anybody know what to do?
    11-29-13 12:43 AM
    Almost entirely user error, that's why. The rules are lax here and almost nobody reads posts or searches for solutions. This breeds entitlement. So we get threads full of broken record "bug" reports.
    11-29-13 12:45 AM
    I can't install this. I did a wipe and than ran the auto loader. It starts loading up the OS, crashes each time and then the LED on my Z10 blinks red in a pattern. I also reloaded the OS from link and tried one again and the same thing happened. My Z10 is the 003. This is the first time I am having issues like this with loading a OS. Anybody know what to do?
    Make sure link is completely off, try a different download for your z10-3. I have a link on I think the first page, I know that file still works. All else, split file from autoloader and run debrick with saschesi.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 01:08 AM
    Why is it mega never works on Z10 browser
    11-29-13 03:38 AM
    So tempted to install this... but I know as soon as I do there will probably be a new one with even more features lol!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and Kev480 like this.
    11-29-13 03:45 AM
    Why is it mega never works on Z10 browser
    did mega ever works?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 04:14 AM
    So, You are lucky. I can`t use this leak OS because of data connection error. Permanent. (STA 100-2 Orange Poland).
    11-29-13 06:04 AM
    Almost entirely user error, that's why. The rules are lax here and almost nobody reads posts or searches for solutions. This breeds entitlement. So we get threads full of broken record "bug" reports.
    Longtime BB guy here. Started with the 8300 in...2004 I think. I've spent countless hours dealing with leak issues... for now my 9th BB. I've been on droid off & on for a little over a year but I'm TRYING to come back. I'm on my 2nd Z10. I loaded this OS and fixed the MMS issue...Fixed the camera issue... I've been calmly d*cking around w/this OS for days and am all to through w/it.
    Soooo..here's one for ya. I discover FB is about 8 hrs behind posts. I delete it, go to accounts to add it back and accounts won't load. You can't do a security wipe with this OS, it jacks everything up.
    1-Any idea how to get FB to show current updates
    2-Any idea how to get accounts to load to add one???????
    11-29-13 07:30 AM
    Longtime BB guy here. Started with the 8300 in...2004 I think. I've spent countless hours dealing with leak issues... for now my 9th BB. I've been on droid off & on for a little over a year but I'm TRYING to come back. I'm on my 2nd Z10. I loaded this OS and fixed the MMS issue...Fixed the camera issue... I've been calmly d*cking around w/this OS for days and am all to through w/it.
    Soooo..here's one for ya. I discover FB is about 8 hrs behind posts. I delete it, go to accounts to add it back and accounts won't load. You can't do a security wipe with this OS, it jacks everything up.
    go to m.facebook.com and choose post newest at the top right
    uninstall your android apps maybe that the culprit you can't add account my friend have same issue with you

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 07:34 AM
    I made a second install, but this time no restore and things are great!
    I just did not have a process to have all my notes on remember app and some of them were really important to me, any way not restoring was the best option =D
    Use Evernote and integrate it with the Remember app during setup. Then when in Remember, save your notes in your notebook and it will sync with Evernote and your info is saved online. It works
    11-29-13 07:47 AM
    Re number 1, as per the OP, sideload the FB bar file linked @ https://mega.co.nz/#!p51lSSpK!UrjTC3...eo6K4sLLe0LpZI

Re number 2, that is a bug caused by some Android apps. Quite a number of people have reported it and the only "fix" is to uninstall those apps and reinstall one at a time, each time testing to see if "Accounts" loads. If it does, the app is fine; if it doesn't, that app is a problem. Also, you can uninstall all the Android apps, set up your accounts and then reinstall the apps. You still won't be able to access "Accounts" but at least you would have them set up already.
    11-29-13 07:53 AM
    Got myself back up and running with this 10.2.1. This apk stuff is fun lol
    Just make sure to set up all your accounts first before going apk-install happy.
    11-29-13 07:58 AM
    Is there an alternate link for the Z30 plus radio? I've tried Bitcassa numerous times and it fails to complete the download.
    11-29-13 11:40 AM
    Does anyone else have a problem with BlackBerry World trying to update apps that are already installed and updated?

It always says there is an update, in this case of Task Manager. I've tried deleting all instances of TaskManager from my Z10, including through Device Monitor and uninstalling it via Chrome, always doing a hard reboot afterwards. Even when it is off the device, BlackBerry World says an update is available. I tried installing it through BB World on the Internet, and it installed, but still says to update Task Manager with the same version.

EDIT: Turns out this is some sort of BB World issue on my Z10. After doing a couple of BB World refreshes, it tells me to update some other app, and after I do, it keeps telling me to update that app, but the Task Manager update is gone.

The BB World version was 5.0.0.63. So, I loaded in the original App World from 1055 apps (from Sachesi), which is 5.0.0.54, and the app update issue was gone. Then it wanted me to update BB World again to 5.0.0.63. So, I did that, and am back to where I started with BB World 5.0.0.63, and the persistent update issue appears to be fixed.

I wonder if this is a bug from having restored my App data way back after the 1005 install? That restore probably had the newer App World 5.0.0.63 in it before I installed 1055.

And now /all/ my apps seem to be opening much faster, both native and Android, although still not quite as fast as with 10.2.0.1803. Go figure.
    Last edited by KenV54; 11-29-13 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Figured out a workaround
    11-29-13 01:47 PM
    Does anyone else have a problem with BlackBerry World trying to update apps that are already installed and updated?

It always says there is an update, in this case of Task Manager. I've tried deleting all instances of TaskManager from my Z10, including through Device Monitor and uninstalling it via Chrome, always doing a hard reboot afterwards. Even when it is off the device, BlackBerry World says an update is available. I tried installing it through BB World on the Internet, and it installed, but still says to update Task Manager with the same version.

EDIT: Turns out this is some sort of BB World issue on my Z10. After doing a couple of BB World refreshes, it tells me to update some other app, and after I do, it keeps telling me to update that app, but the Task Manager update is gone.

The BB World version was 5.0.0.63. So, I loaded in the original App World from 1055 apps (from Sachesi), which is 5.0.0.54, and the app update issue was gone. Then it wanted me to update BB World again to 5.0.0.63. So, I did that, and am back to where I started with BB World 5.0.0.63, and the persistent update issue appears to be fixed.

I wonder if this is a bug from having restored my App data way back after the 1005 install? That restore probably had the newer App World 5.0.0.63 in it before I installed 1055. interesting that apps are opening faster, they're opening painfully slow for me on this build.

And now /all/ my apps seem to be opening much faster, both native and Android, although still not quite as fast as with 10.2.0.1803. Go figure.
    Did you restore app data? Edit: yes you did, just install the apps from bbw and it should go away.
    Last edited by katiepea; 11-30-13 at 11:03 PM.
    Youssef7 likes this.
    11-30-13 07:16 PM
    Can anyone hook me up with the BBM .bar from this OS? I foolishly downloaded the update to BBM this morning, and now BBM doesn't default open to "Contacts" anymore. They've replaced the single person silhouette for "Contacts" with a double arrow spinner "updates" icon, and I have to hit menu>contacts to get to my contacts after I open BBM. There's no menu option for fix this that I can find. Whoever decided that updates to someone's profile pic or status were more important than being able to quickly access your f*ing contacts needs their head pulled out of their ****!

/rant. Again, if someone could provide me with a link to the BBM .bar for this build (Q10, SQN100-2, if it matters), I'd be very appreciative.
    Are you no aloud to update bbm????
    Last edited by Youssef7; 11-30-13 at 10:23 PM.
    11-30-13 10:12 PM
    Anyone else have weird glitches like hub showing black when waking up to it and active frames showing over drag down settings bar sometimes? Wondering if it's just because I didn't security wipe after I installed (didn't do any restore, never do).

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 02:07 AM
    It just stays on the M logo nd doesn't go further
    12-01-13 03:52 AM
    I've had 1055 on both my z and my q for a few weeks now but my z was my primary device when the leak came out. I was too lazy to switch to my q due to the exchange activesync bug but since I was off for thanksgiving, I switched to my q and my battery life has been worse than my z on this leak! I'm just surprised bc my q has historically been better. Anyone here have both devices that can comment or compare? Setup on both should be the same or very similar. I restored app and media on my z but set up the q from scratch. Just surprised at the quick battery drain on the trusty q, that's all.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.1055, STL100-3 10.2.1.1055
    12-01-13 07:41 AM
2,685 ... 979899100101 ...