11-03-16 11:06 AM
2,685 ... 7677787980 ...
tools
    I'm totally stumped here. Hopefully you guys can steer me in the right direction. I've read thru a ton of this thread and haven't seen any info for my issue, so forgive me if this was covered somewhere in the 77 pages already.

I downloaded the autoloader for my AT&T STL100-3 (currently running 10.2.0.1047 leak) with the radio file. When I run the autoloader it starts a dos window and says "connecting to boot rom", then flashes a quick message I can't read fast enough before closing the dos window. I know my phone is connected because both Blackberry Device Manager and Link say it is connected. What am I missing here?

Thanks guys!
    11-18-13 03:42 PM
    Can you get a refund for them?
    Should buy them in Google play and download with apk downloader.

Posted via CB10
    no, I bought them in the past two years while I was briefly on a Galaxy S2 then recently on an S4.
    11-18-13 03:45 PM
    I'm totally stumped here. Hopefully you guys can steer me in the right direction. I've read thru a ton of this thread and haven't seen any info for my issue, so forgive me if this was covered somewhere in the 77 pages already.

I downloaded the autoloader for my AT&T STL100-3 (currently running 10.2.0.1047 leak) with the radio file. When I run the autoloader it starts a dos window and says "connecting to boot rom", then flashes a quick message I can't read fast enough before closing the dos window. I know my phone is connected because both Blackberry Device Manager and Link say it is connected. What am I missing here?

Thanks guys!
    You need to close link to successfully run the autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, side load the bar from the op.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I'll figure it out from there.

Posted via CB10
    COLOR="#FF0000"]YOU NEED TO HAVE A WIFI NETWORK AVAILABLE TO YOUR PHONE!!!![/COLOR]

For some, it maybe as simple as this: hold the power button and shutdown your device. Remove your sim card and reboot your phone WITHOUT THE SIM CARD INSTALLED. Connect to wifi (if available) and setup your email and social accounts. Turn your phone off. Reinsert your sim card and reinstall your battery. 4G/LTE and accounts should work like normal. Do the happy dance!

If the above solution doesn't work, follow these intructions. YOU NEED TO HAVE A WIFI NETWORK AVAILABLE TO YOUR PHONE, setup will not complete without one: hold the power button down, and turn your device off. Remove your battery and remove your sim card AND your SD card. Reinstall your battery and allow the phone to power up. Have OS 10.2.1.1055's autoloader at the ready, and plug your device into your USB2 port - USB3 is NOT your friend!!! Scroll through settings, and set your device to airplane mode.
    DO NOT TURN YOUR DEVICE OFF!
    Start the autoloader, and allow the operating system for your device to complete installation. DO NOT DISCONNECT FROM USB!!
    Follow all the setup prompts. Go into Sys Settings > Security and Privacy > Security Wipe and perform the ONLY wipe you need to perform, when installing a new OS. This is done to insure that NOTHING from the devices previous state is carried over into its current state. (There are many stubborn folks that will argue and debate over these procedures...but my phone is fully functional. Not 95% with a few errors.)
    Follow the setup prompts, establish a connection to wifi, and completely setup your phone - including accounts, app updates, BBM, contacts, pr0n, etc...
    Once you have everything to your personal liking, disconnect from USB, turn your device off, remove the battery, insert both your SD card and your SIM card, insert your battery, giggle with delight...which should turn into maniacal laughter, allow proper population of your device, and breathe a sigh of relief.
    tips from mecca el in his thread

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055
    I'm in the midst of doing the 2nd part right now....once finished, can I restore my contacts from my backup before I started with the leaked OS entirely?
    11-18-13 03:46 PM
    no, I bought them in the past two years while I was briefly on a Galaxy S2 then recently on an S4.
    Ah too bad. Then search for the 'free full version' via Google and install it on your phone. You bought them, nobody can blame you for ripping off a working apk somewhere else.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:47 PM
    There's a fix in the original post: Compose a facebook message, then cancel, and it should work. At least for others it did.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks it now works!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:54 PM
    You need to close link to successfully run the autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    I did, still does the same thing.
    11-18-13 04:14 PM
    I did, still does the same thing.
    Reboot your phone and start the autoloader when the BlackBerry logo appears.

Posted via CB10
    TerribleTim68 likes this.
    11-18-13 04:17 PM
    Hi, this is probably a stupid question but is it possible that I could load this leak and have none of these issues?

Also, if i perform a back up, load the leak and then restore the back up, will it work fine?

I have a Z30 running 10.2.0.459

Thanks for any help
    11-18-13 04:26 PM
    Hi, this is probably a stupid question but is it possible that I could load this leak and have none of these issues?

Also, if i perform a back up, load the leak and then restore the back up, will it work fine?

Thanks for any help
    Yep its possible cause I did that lol and have no problems

Posted from my Z30.
    11-18-13 04:50 PM

Thanks for any help
    It is possible. I screwed up on Saturday and then did a clean install. So far I do not have any issue - at least I didn't find one.

Restoring is NOT recommended. We saw multiple issues coming up through restores. On other / older leaks it was best practice to just restore apps and media, but on this leak even restore of those both can lead to serious problems.
    Best way would be to backup your contacts to the cloud or an app from BlackBerry World, media to your SD card and sms / mms through an app from BlackBerry World. The only thing you'd lose would be your progress in games, the apps and games itself can be reinstalled through BlackBerry World.

edit:

Just crossed my mind: I had the mms bug, where the apn, mmsc-url and proxy-url are missing, but that was easy to resolve by setting my carriers parameters.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 04:51 PM
    Thanks guys, do you have any recommendations on contact back up apps that work well?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 04:57 PM
    It is possible. I screwed up on Saturday and then did a clean install. So far I do not have any issue - at least I didn't find one.

Restoring is NOT recommended. We saw multiple issues coming up through restores. On other / older leaks it was best practice to just restore apps and media, but on this leak even restore of those both can lead to serious problems.
    Best way would be to backup your contacts to the cloud or an app from BlackBerry World, media to your SD card and sms / mms through an app from BlackBerry World. The only thing you'd lose would be your progress in games, the apps and games itself can be reinstalled through BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    I restored and haven't had any issues except the Accounts page, but that randomly disappeared after a day or so. It really doesn't hurt to do a restore. You should do a backup either way, but if the restore doesn't work it's easy enough to reinstall the OS.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 04:57 PM
    Thanks guys, do you have any recommendations on contact back up apps that work well?

Posted via CB10
    Fire Chest Backup will back up to your Dropbox account, and you can encrypt it if you want. Otherwise it will just be zipped.

If you don't have a Dropbox account, create one with the Dropbox application in BlackBerry World. It has seamless integration in File Manager.

Oh, and it's free!

Posted via CB10
    Derlitz and mopar_fxr like this.
    11-18-13 04:59 PM
    Reboot your phone and start the autoloader when the BlackBerry logo appears.

Posted via CB10
    There we go! That worked. Thanks for your help. I knew Crackberry would get me dialed in.
    pfl4ume likes this.
    11-18-13 05:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Contact x works quite well...
    but I choose a different route that suits me better at this time now.
    I have a separate email account that is ONLY for my contacts. that way it is cloud stored and just load up that email acct to only sync contacts, and check OFF the other email accts to sync contacts. Been my saving grace since 10.0 lol

I also use SMS backup for my texts... BUT be CAREFUL!!!!
    it works wonders... when you save to SD CARD NOT DEVICE!!!
    I only do caps because I have on a few occasions saved to device myself
    they dont survive an autoloader lol
    giggabotch likes this.
    11-18-13 05:14 PM
    Fire Chest Backup will back up to your Dropbox account, and you can encrypt it if you want. Otherwise it will just be zipped.

If you don't have a Dropbox account, create one with the Dropbox application in BlackBerry World. It has seamless integration in File Manager.

Oh, and it's free!

Posted via CB10

Firechest.. to drop??
    how am I unaware of this??? ooooo new toys :-) Thank you
    Derlitz likes this.
    11-18-13 05:14 PM
    Firechest.. to drop??
    how am I unaware of this??? ooooo new toys :-) Thank you
    That was my thought, exactly!
    mopar_fxr likes this.
    11-18-13 05:19 PM
    Go to storage an access. Turn off detect and turn on connect to windows.
    Mine did same thing in win 8.
    If that doesn't work also you can turn mass storage on then it will connect for sure.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your response. But it still isn't working. Even turned mass storage on, and ONLY memory card was accessible.
    However, I kept getting a prompt stating I don't have permission to modify drive Y (device)

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055 "the iPhone-killa"
    11-18-13 05:21 PM
    I have installed the Z30_10.2.01.1055_STA100-1-2-3-4-5-6 but after update it tells me I am on Software Release 10.2.1.176 instead of 1055. Did I do something wrong or is this normal behavior?
    Of course I restored my settings/data with blackberry link.
    11-18-13 05:22 PM

Just crossed my mind: I had the mms bug, where the apn, mmsc-url and proxy-url are missing, but that was easy to resolve by setting my carriers parameters.

Posted via CB10
    Could you explain in detail what you did? In the US, a number of us have put in all sorts of APN parameters and none of them solve the MMS bug. I doubt your own APN parameters would help with different carriers, but maybe it would give us an idea. Could you send a screen shot of your Test Message APN parameters screen? Also, did you enter APN parameter on the main carrier screen, or just keep the default setting, which was "phone" and the rest blank?
    11-18-13 05:22 PM
    I have installed the Z30_10.2.01.1055_STA100-1-2-3-4-5-6 but after update it tells me I am on Software Release 10.2.1.176 instead of 1055. Did I do something wrong or is this normal behavior?
    Of course I restored my settings/data with blackberry link.
    Software release is .176, but if you should also see OS version (or something like that) as 10.2.1.1055 on that same screen.
    ariendg likes this.
    11-18-13 05:24 PM
    More categories available on that screen . Just have been using BB for 1 day atm. Thank you for fast reply!
    Derlitz likes this.
    11-18-13 05:29 PM
    10.2.1.1055+radio for ALL DEVICES!!!-img.png

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 05:29 PM
2,685 ... 7677787980 ...