11-03-16 10:06 AM
2,685 ... 6768697071 ...
tools
    Danfrancisco, download Ghost Commander from BlackBerry World and use it to disable 1Mobile notifications (and any other Android app notification you want to stop). Found that advice in another thread, and it works great.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:32 PM
    That accounts fix may solve the problem. Thanks for mentioning it. I hadn't looked at the first page since I DL'ed the leak.

Now that I've restored the media and manually reloaded the apps and done the settings, the only reason to restore the old Settings would be to get the learned (over several months) predictive text back. But if the accounts fix would let me use the old settings that would be a major bonus.
    Predictive text and word substitution restore is a valid point. We used to be able to restore these individually with bbos. I will look into this.
    11-16-13 10:32 PM
    you didn't read far enough past the question mark, the rotfl ( ) was meant as a joke
    I know so was mine

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:34 PM
    Predictive text and word substitution restore is a valid point. We used to be able to restore these individually with bbos. I will look into this.
    I long for the days of restoring specific databases. Hey, we can dream, right?

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL, bquinney and southlander like this.
    11-16-13 10:35 PM
    didn't think I had any bugs until I tried the "accounts loading" bug and its there. Loading the bars from the fix in the OP didn't work for me. I didn't restore anything either. Not a deal breaker since I've already got my accounts loaded up. I wonder what could be the conflict... did anyone else download the evernote from beta zone?
    11-16-13 10:36 PM
    didn't think I had any bugs until I tried the "accounts loading" bug and its there. Loading the bars from the fix in the OP didn't work for me. I didn't restore anything either. Not a deal breaker since I've already got my accounts loaded up. I wonder what could be the conflict... did anyone else download the evernote from beta zone?
    I had the same problem too, but it wasn't a big deal for me either for the same reason. However, just recently the problem vanished. I have no idea why.

Posted via CB10
    pvphooman likes this.
    11-16-13 10:38 PM
    Is this advisable to use a for a daily driver os?
    Wondering if the music player is working.

Keepin' it Chill Z10
    Music player works on mine

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:42 PM
    did anyone else download the evernote from beta zone?
    I did, but I haven't had the accounts issue

Posted via CB10
    pvphooman likes this.
    11-16-13 10:46 PM
    I long for the days of restoring specific databases. Hey, we can dream, right?

Posted via CB10
    well the .bbb backup file can be extracted, inside of that there are media / settings / app | archives. I'm wondering if you could get rid of everything that you didn't want and re-compress it back into the .bbb file and just do a full restore, thus only restoring what you want. If it's that easy then a 3rd party tool can easily be made. There's also a manifest.xml that seems to verify byte size for each of these archives, so that complicates things a bit.
    11-16-13 10:58 PM
    well the .bbb backup file can be extracted, inside of that there are media / settings / app | archives. I'm wondering if you could get rid of everything that you didn't want and re-compress it back into the .bbb file and just do a full restore, thus only restoring what you want. If it's that easy then a 3rd party tool can easily be made.
    You can only split it into those three parts. I think the rest is all encrypted, if I remember correctly about what xsacha said on the Sachesi page.

Posted via CB10
    katiepea likes this.
    11-16-13 11:02 PM
    You can only split it into those three parts. I think the rest is all encrypted, if I remember correctly about what xsacha said on the Sachesi page.

Posted via CB10
    I'm seeing that now. That really sucks. Not to go too far off topic here, but we need better tools for this, it's really a standard at this point with mobile devices. Link is the worst thing I've ever installed on my computer, it's bad enough Windows is the only OS you can install a leak from. With Android a user can download an OS to the phone, backup apps / data, reboot, backup OS onto phone, install new OS, restore apps with google, then restore app data separately. All without ever even touching a computer. We're seriously crippled here and if BlackBerry isn't going to leave the backups unencrypted then they really need to get their **** together and allow link to install an OS as well as restore individual databases.
    11-16-13 11:11 PM
    I'm seeing that now. That really sucks. Not to go too far off topic here, but we need better tools for this, it's really a standard at this point with mobile devices. Link is the worst thing I've ever installed on my computer, it's bad enough Windows is the only OS you can install a leak from. With Android a user can download an OS to the phone, backup apps / data, reboot, backup OS onto phone, install new OS, restore apps with google, then restore app data separately. All without ever even touching a computer. We're seriously crippled here and if BlackBerry isn't going to leave the backups unencrypted then they really need to get their **** together and allow link to install an OS as well as restore individual databases.
    Windows Phone's Zune and iPhone's iTunes are both more restrictive, I think. At least with BlackBerry we can use Explorer. Not so with WP and iP.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 11:13 PM
    Hi, I've accidentally installed 1057 instead of 1055. Is there a way to get back some of the consumer apps? My galleries are missing (Pictures, Videos and Music). Another important app I'm missing is the file manager and the notes. Any idea how do I get them back?
    11-16-13 11:31 PM
    Hi, I've accidentally installed 1057 instead of 1055. Is there a way to get back some of the consumer apps? My galleries are missing (Pictures, Videos and Music). Another important app I'm missing is the file manager and the notes. Any idea how do I get them back?
    You'd have to install 1055.
    11-16-13 11:34 PM
    i already install 10.2.1.1055 and my wechat keep crashing..somebody please help me..already pull out battery and restart..keep crashing
    11-16-13 11:35 PM
    in Z10 STL100-1 theres a radio?
    radio mens fm radio?
    if yes, how do i install it?
    or where i can find it, i already installed the os 1055
    thanks
    11-16-13 11:58 PM
    in Z10 STL100-1 theres a radio?
    radio mens fm radio?
    if yes, how do i install it?
    or where i can find it, i already installed the os 1055
    thanks
    You have a Z10, so no FM radio. You have the radio for phone calls, but the hardware isn't there for FM.
    11-16-13 11:59 PM
    i already install 10.2.1.1055 and my wechat keep crashing..somebody please help me..already pull out battery and restart..keep crashing
    install the android version
    we chat from bbw cant be use

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055
    11-17-13 12:13 AM
    I'm sorry if this has been addressed but when I loaded the Channels beta I saw that my Channels were not there. In fact there was no Channels category where it used to be. Do I load this separately or how do I get them back?

Edit: reloaded Channels and they came back.
    Last edited by Anilu7; 11-17-13 at 12:59 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-17-13 12:41 AM
    I have the beta Evernote, no account issues. Z10 STL -3
    I did, but I haven't had the accounts issue

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-17-13 12:42 AM
    Mine didn't show up until a few hours after installing. I didn't do anything, just gave it time.
    I'm sorry if this has been addressed but when I loaded the Channels beta I saw that my Channels were not there. In fact there was no Channels category where it used to be. Do I load this separately or how do I get them back?
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-17-13 12:43 AM
    File manager still not showing my computer --not at all. Signed into BlackBerry and everything. On a Mac, but Link is working. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 01:08 AM
    APN settings are correct :/ Problem is not here...
    11-17-13 01:23 AM
    Has there been a fix for the radio not showing like it should (lte, hspa+, umts, gsm vs. 4Glte, 4g edge,) ? Ive read through it and seen it mentioned but no solution.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 01:27 AM
    Download wechat from mobile 1 or Google play, they work, you even get video chat working

Sent using BB Z10
    11-17-13 01:50 AM
2,685 ... 6768697071 ...