11-03-16 10:06 AM
2,685 ... 6667686970 ...
tools
    I was just wondering as to why some people the leak is working fine and others are having issues. Now could the device version have anything to do with with it. I Have STL1-3 have had no problems whatsoever with leak download and my apk files that I've downloaded are working perfectly. Just throwing out there.

Posted via CB10
    I, too, have the STL-3. (AT&T).

The main problem I've had is the "accounts loading" issue, that is, the accounts are unusable if I restore either the old Settings or App Data from my 10.2.0.1083. If I don't restore either one, it seems to be OK, but that has meant re-registering everything, losing old bookmarks and history in the browser, learned predictive text, and would also mean losing contacts and SMS and calendar if they hadn't been back up externally or in the cloud. As I write this, I'm restoring just the old Media onto a working and newly backed up Z10 (from this leak), hoping that a Media restore won't have any effect on settings and accounts.

My main reason for upgrading from 1083, a great OS, was to get the Android apps installed and working without dealing with APK conversions, debug tokens, and the like, and because of the new features in 10.2.1.xxxx. No doubt I'll have to install another 10.2.1 leak again, but hopefully the backup and restore from one 10.2.1 to another will work.

It is a mystery to me why some people with identical machines and similar upgrades are having these problems and others are not.
    11-16-13 06:56 PM
    Which phone do you have?
    I have a Z10 STL-3
    I first noticed right after installing the autoloader by typing my password. Whatever I start typing, it takes about 2-3 seconds to show up. I haven't wiped after loading the OS. Could it be ?...

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 07:03 PM
    Nope- how long ago did you install the OS? Might still be settling in... also try the volume button reboot if it keeps happening (unless you're on STL100-1 because then it doesn't work)

Sent from my Verizon Z10 on Tapatalk 4 using 10.2.1.1055
    I installed it about 24h ago

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 07:04 PM
    Apn error,any help?

Posted via CB10
    Fix APN with escreen Diagnostics page, link below

http://crackberry.com/how-access-eng...-blackberry-10
    11-16-13 07:05 PM
    I've had a few bugs so far...

1. Sometimes pic password doesn't work, the number is in the right place but it's says it's wrong. At first when I turned on pic pass it didn't work until I reset phone.

2. When I text quickly, some letters do not show up. Some kind of lag.

3. The hub keeps flashing while it updates and then a few times after it updates. Refreshing the hub a few times worked.

4. Facebook notifications (in the hub)weren't opening for a while but now they just open slowly.

5. The bar at the bottom of the home screen/app pages (with phone, search and camera) didn't show up a few times.

6. Sometimes my active frames don't show up except for the most recent one until I hub in and hub out...

7. After a full restore from 10.2.0 all of my calendar events are gone but everything else is there.

I feel like I'm missing some but that's it for now....

Some new things I noticed that might have been mentioned so pardon me if they have... These are new to me since 10.2.0

Face detection for back camera:

10.2.1.1055+radio for ALL DEVICES!!!-img_00001013.png

This weather chart for future hours you can drag around:

10.2.1.1055+radio for ALL DEVICES!!!-img_00001014.png

When you open music and pictures it opens to library instead of recent

The phone answering as you know is horizontal now (liked the old one better personally)

I have to say I really like the custom quick settings, really useful. Especially the flashlight! I use the flashlight pretty often.

Anyways I'm sure I'll find more but that's it for now. Pretty good update minus the few laggy elements here and there.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by HigherThanMars; 11-16-13 at 07:44 PM.
    11-16-13 07:28 PM
    I'm on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055. Having exactly the same problem here: jumbled pixels at random parts of the uploaded pic. It consistently reproduce itself for every pic uploaded.

I've tried using all the different apk versions of Instagram that I have: 4.2.5, 4.2.4, 4.2.2, 4.1.2.

Out of persistence, I even converted the 4.2.5 apk to bar and side loaded it, only to end up with the same results.

Never had this issue with all other previous OS builds. So I'm pretty sure it is either from the 10.2.1.1055 itself or the Android runtime it brings with it.

I got instagram working but with a glitch when I upload pics. Looking for a fix.

Attachment 221523

Posted via CB10

10.2.1.1055+radio for ALL DEVICES!!!-img_20131117_082507.jpg
    10.2.1.1055+radio for ALL DEVICES!!!-img_20131117_005206.jpg

Zwiped up from my white AndroBerry 10
    Last edited by chindoberry; 11-16-13 at 07:49 PM.
    11-16-13 07:36 PM
    Has it been noted yet that Bridge isn't functioning? Maybe needs an update for 10.2.1 functionality..?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 07:47 PM
    mmmm... that's an interesting way to install... question though, what issues you DO have? i would like to know if your issues are important or not... thanks in advance

Btw people,
    so far i can tell you i have not received 95% of the bugs mentioned.
    how i loaded this os was:
    1.Loaded OS only autloader from the Q10/Q5 Autoloader over 10.2.0.1803(Shouldn't matter if you load the full os+radio autloader though)
    2.Installed radio only from this OP (skip if you installed full autoloader)
    3.security wiped
    4. reloaded 1803 back don't set anything up and do not security wipe (yeah i know tedious lol)
    5.then finally load this OS again. (no security wipe this time)

with this method i got to keep "audio boost option" plus i have had less bugs than most.

that's my exact steps if you want to try.
    here's a quicker way to try (should leave you with same results as above, if not just use above method.)

1.while on 1803. security wipe
    2.load this OS don't security wipe lol.
    11-16-13 07:54 PM
    How is it.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 07:59 PM
    I'm on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055. Having exactly the same problem here: jumbled pixels at random parts of the uploaded pic. It consistently reproduce itself for every pic uploaded.

I've tried using all the different apk versions of Instagram that I have: 4.2.5, 4.2.4, 4.2.2, 4.1.2.

Out of persistence, I even converted the 4.2.5 apk to bar and side loaded it, only to end up with the same results.

Never had this issue with all other previous OS builds. So I'm pretty sure it is either from the 10.2.1.1055 itself or the Android runtime it brings with it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131117_082507.jpg 
Views:	730 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	221547
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131117_005206.jpg 
Views:	728 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	221550

Zwiped up from my white AndroBerry 10
    Yeah, mine is the STL100-1 too.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-16-13 08:04 PM
    Not sure if this will help. I had the accounts issue pop up on me. I noticed after I installed 1Mobile. I deleted that app and my accounts loaded up right away again. Not saying that this is the case for everyone, but it may be for some. I have not had an issue since.

Sent from my Mind Controlled BerryLeak Hybrid running Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1184 while being the GREATEST
    11-16-13 08:07 PM
    I, too, have the STL-3. (AT&T).

The main problem I've had is the "accounts loading" issue, that is, the accounts are unusable if I restore either the old Settings or App Data from my 10.2.0.1083.
    I did a full restore from a .1083 backup (I've learned to delete the Facebook and Twitter accounts before backing up then re-adding after restoring, less issues) and was able to open the accounts to add Facebook and input the password for my email account but when I tried adding the Twitter account it got stuck with the loading accounts. Even going into settings and trying to open accounts has the same result. Not that I need to add the Twitter account since I use Blaq, but I don't understand why I was able to access the accounts at one point but can't now.
    11-16-13 08:13 PM
    Just an FYI, the "accounts fix" that was added to the original post works great! I side loaded the two BAR Files and did a two-button restart. BOOM! Regular account setup was enabled once again.

Thanks CB community

Oh and it seems most people who are reporting more serious bugs or multiple problems start their threads with "I did a restore...". I think it's been stressed here many times that the restores are to be avoided. Keep your media on an SD card. Use ContactX (a GREAT app in blackberry app world) for your contacts. Use a cloud service for your calendar. What else do you need the restore for? You'll have to just put in a little time with your fresh OS to "rebuild" your home screen and folders the way you like.

Posted via CB10
    SirJes and Mecca EL like this.
    11-16-13 08:24 PM
    Loving how everyone's contributing to the community by answering all these questions.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:03 PM
    I've had a few bugs so far...
    1. I see quite a few people have pic pass issues. It's always worked perfectly for me, but it's still a fairly early build.
    2. Try doing a few reboots with the volume buttons. Make sure to let the hub populate fully before using, if that doesn't work maybe yry side loading the bars for text and hub over top. Which leads me to
    3. You may have a hub problem. However before telling you to do anything I want to make sure that you don't have 1mobile installed, it's notifications can do funky stuff with the hub.
    4. Sideload the Facebook bar, sirjes was kind enough to put it in the OP.
    5. Turn off parental controls.
    6. I've had that bug in 725, 770 and 845 haven't seen it yet in 1055 but I'll keep my eye out.
    7. That really stinks, I haven't seen that before.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:08 PM
    Is anybody having issues with the voice recorder Z30? If I record just ambient sounds the recording sounds fine. But as soon as voice comes up I get clicks and pops.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:17 PM
    anyone has rotation issues with all apk apps?
    Enabling rotation lock should resolve this. I had this problem with Netflix and a few other Android apps.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-16-13 09:23 PM
    Just hit the 48 hour mark on this leak with my Z10 (have had it on my Q10 for a few days longer) and loving every minute of it!!! A few pros and cons so far:

Pros:
    - Media volume bar at the top. I hated how on previous builds the volume bar would be dead center in the middle of the screen obscuring whatever it was I was watching. I did notice that in newer builds BlackBerry shorten the amount of time the volume bar was on screen but by moving it all the way to the top this time, they nailed it!
    - TRUE speed dial on the Q10 makes an epic comeback!
    - Didn't think I would like the new call answer swipe gesture but it is awesome! Way more accurate (the old vertical gesture used to be so finicky for me) and less taxing on the ole thumb, especially when I'm using my Z10.
    - Direct install of apks is unreal. Netflix? Check. Instagram? Check. Starbucks? Check. Canada Post? Check. Jabber IM? Check. Needing a PC to side load? LATES!
    - Tons of new configuration of the Hub menu.
    - Delete on Hub and leave on server. Welcome back!

Cons:
    - Z10 battery doesn't seem to be performing as well as the previous leak (I was on the official 10.2). Still pretty good but not what I'm used to. Maybe the phone's still settling. Q10 has been on this leak a few days longer than the Z and the battery has been running like an all-star. Equal to or slightly better than the last official 10.2 leak.
    - Auto dialing of conference call codes is too fast and so the touch tone service sometimes can't pick up the pass code (business users will know what I mean)
    - Direct installs of apks is great, but I've noticed some strange behaviour since installing 1Mobile. Endless notifications, random beeps and alerts and overall just some odd unexplainable un-recreatable things happening. I'd like to simply blame 1Mobile and the whole "Android is a breeding ground for malware and virises" complaint but I'll monitor closely. I will not hesitate to perform a security wipe and start over if I start to get a bad feeling!
    - The fact that only a tiny minority of the BlackBerry population understands how truly magnificent this OS is! I cannot believe how much this platform has matured in such a short period of time. It really is a shame that the average cell phone user hasn't the slightest clue of what BlackBerry is capable of. If they would just give a BB10 device a spin for just one month, I guarantee they'll never look back.

Mr. Chen, if you're reading this (I wish) push to get this leak to a gold release, fire sale all Z10s to clear out the remaining inventory ($200 a pop and absolutely swarm the market) and hire a new CMO pronto to market the effin shiznit of this platform!!! And for gawdssakes, make sure you've got plenty of tutorials and easy to understand visuals on how to use bB10 because this OS is way too sophisticated for the average consumer to simply pick up and go!

Absolutely loving my Q10 and Z10 (and whenever the white comes out, Z30) all over again! Thanks again, Sir Jes... you are the new King of Leaks!

Posted via CB10
    maxriptin and Furell like this.
    11-16-13 10:12 PM
    Posted via CB10
    After about 28 hours with this OS, going to throw my few cents into this extensive threat (of which, no, I haven't read all pages/posts...sorry):

I like it... I LOVE IT! Thanks you to the OP, leakers etc!

Here are some of my thoughts and findings:

On Telus Z10 there are some issues.
    This OS is laggy (as others have pointed out).

Also (pointed out previously) there are rotation/distortion issues with direct installed apks.

While many of my previously sideloaded apps work fine as direct installed apks there are some that now don't (and most from Amazon store don't seem to work, but some do). Those same ones don't work either if apk directly download on pc from Play. So I have sideloaded those ones for now and those are still fine.

Regardless of the issues, this is my daily driver now as Contacts input now allows you to designate which account to add to (I wish it didn't default to all accounts!!! Please change that!) and you can delete mail from the servers finally!!!! These are huge!!! And for those reasons alone this is worth putting up with the bugs.

I know some don't, but I like the new call answer screen better. Very nice and clear.

Also, for a lot of people having issues, a lots of those issues are things you just need to be patient and wait out a bit. I didn't have contact pics at first in Contacts or speed dials, hub was bit messed up, but most things resolved themself by just waiting. I did this install by backing up and restoring (haven't done that before, but that I'd give it a shot this. Maybe things would be smoother if I'd done it totally clean, but again, I'm ok with the way it is.

I do wish the Picture Password worked for me, but I attribute this issue to my being on Enterprise/Active Sync (I am not on BES though). Phone I tested without Active Syc/BES picture password works great and I hope this will be able to be used in future with Active Sync and BES as it's great, and not easy for people too peak and figure out.

Think that's it for moment.

Thanks again for this!
    Posted via CB10
    ?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:17 PM
    i remember, like 200 pages back, someone told, that you must open this file with NEWST 7zip version.!
    Or just use izarc - it is really good and "free"

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-16-13 10:20 PM
    Just an FYI, the "accounts fix" that was added to the original post works great! I side loaded the two BAR Files and did a two-button restart. BOOM! Regular account setup was enabled once again.
    Posted via CB10
    That accounts fix may solve the problem. Thanks for mentioning it. I hadn't looked at the first page since I DL'ed the leak.

Now that I've restored the media and manually reloaded the apps and done the settings, the only reason to restore the old Settings would be to get the learned (over several months) predictive text back. But if the accounts fix would let me use the old settings that would be a major bonus.
    11-16-13 10:21 PM
    Has it been noted yet that Bridge isn't functioning? Maybe needs an update for 10.2.1 functionality..?

Posted via CB10
    It has been posted and no known fixes. I played aroud with old pbcd files and none resolved the problem. Hopefully it will be addressed in future builds, but probably not a huge priority for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-16-13 10:26 PM
    The PlayBook isn't a BlackBerry 10 device ;-)

Posted via CB10
    you didn't read far enough past the question mark, the rotfl ( ) was meant as a joke
    11-16-13 10:31 PM
2,685 ... 6667686970 ...