11-03-16 10:06 AM
2,685 ... 6364656667 ...
tools
    Anyone know why I can't access my accounts section in settings? It just keeps loading.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 02:03 PM
    Thanks everyone!! Well I have a Z10 with 10.2.1.176 software, I logged in crackberry from my pc and download the mega thingi, everything is going well just like it says in the tutorial guide but when it finished and I go check still the same software, do I really have to wipe it out and star it all over??

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you have to :\ Well some install without wiping, but this could cause some problems.
    But since you back everything up before wiping it clean, you will not lose your data.

Anyone know why I can't access my accounts section in settings? It just keeps loading.

Posted via CB10
    Sitting on the same problem. If you want to access your mail-account settings, you can still reach them through the hubs settings. It seems that only reinstalling the OS solves the problem.
    Lawrie Sherratt likes this.
    11-16-13 02:07 PM
    Thanks everyone!! Well I have a Z10 with 10.2.1.176 software, I logged in crackberry from my pc and download the mega thingi, everything is going well just like it says in the tutorial guide but when it finished and I go check still the same software, do I really have to wipe it out and star it all over??

Posted via CB10
    If you type "myver", what do you get?

For reference, Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1055

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 02:08 PM
    I've installed it but all my android ports (like WeChat) stopped working Any idea?
    11-16-13 02:17 PM
    I've installed it but all my android ports (like WeChat) stopped working Any idea?
    Stopped working or were gone? You have to reinstall your ported android apps.
    11-16-13 02:26 PM
    All came back after restore from previous backup but stopped working. I tap the icons and almost suddenly quits. Tried to remove and reinstall, but it was the same. And I forgot the camera problem... Camera wont start...
    11-16-13 02:35 PM
    All came back after restore from previous backup but stopped working. I tap the icons and almost suddenly quits. Tried to remove and reinstall, but it was the same.
    how are you installing them? restore is highly not recommended, you should also be installing the apk files for android apps directly, no need for .bar files anymore. don't use amazon app store, it's miserable and causes massive problems.
    11-16-13 02:37 PM
    All came back after restore from previous backup but stopped working. I tap the icons and almost suddenly quits. Tried to remove and reinstall, but it was the same.
    Try uninstalling from Device Monitor. Also, try hard rebooting by holding the two volume buttons until it restarts (this won't work if you have the STL100-1 Z10).

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    11-16-13 02:37 PM
    Without the restore will I get back my paid apps? It is an STL100-1, the volume buttons doesnt work.
    11-16-13 02:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    I must admit I've had a very bad time installing this leak, and it's the only leak out of ten's of them in which I've had a problem.

On z10- STL100-3, AT&T

After restoring all the settings (app data, media, settings) I've gotten the "accounts loading" issue. So I reinstalled the leak, set up my accounts, and all went well. Then I reloaded just the app data, and the "accounts loading" issue is there again. On top of all that, I can't answer a call on the phone by swiping up and down or by swiping sideways or by tapping the button in the middle bottom of the screen. I can call out.

So I reloaded the phone again with the leak, restored nothing, went through the initial setup (minimal), called the phone from my landline, and still can't answer it. maybe I don't know how to do the new swipe to answer. (I do have a screen protector, but other swipes work.)

So now I'm in the process of rewiping, and I'll try again to answer an incoming call. If it still doesn't work I guess I'll be forced to go back to 10.2.0.1083 or whatever it was.

Anyone else having this degree of problem?
    11-16-13 02:45 PM
    Without the restore will I get back my paid apps? It is an STL100-1, the volume buttons doesnt work.
    your paid apps are available to re-download in blackberry world. just log in to your account and there will be a list of apps you've paid for.
    11-16-13 02:48 PM
    Any idea for the camera issue?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 02:49 PM
    I must admit I've had a very bad time installing this leak, and it's the only leak out of ten's of them in which I've had a problem.

On z10- STL100-3, AT&T

After restoring all the settings (app data, media, settings) I've gotten the "accounts loading" issue. So I reinstalled the leak, set up my accounts, and all went well. Then I reloaded just the app data, and the "accounts loading" issue is there again. On top of all that, I can't answer a call on the phone by swiping up and down or by swiping sideways or by tapping the button in the middle bottom of the screen. I can call out.

So I reloaded the phone again with the leak, restored nothing, went through the initial setup (minimal), called the phone from my landline, and still can't answer it. maybe I don't know how to do the new swipe to answer. (I do have a screen protector, but other swipes work.)

So now I'm in the process of rewiping, and I'll try again to answer an incoming call. If it still doesn't work I guess I'll be forced to go back to 10.2.0.1083 or whatever it was.

you are swiping from the button in the middle then dragging over to the green right? swipe from button to green to answer.
    11-16-13 02:49 PM
    hi,
    i have a lil problem with my 10.2.1 z10 stl-2 my blackberry world isnt working.
    any solutions ?
    11-16-13 02:52 PM

On z10- STL100-3, AT&T

For those with the "Accounts Loading" issue, I found that restoring everything from Link is the problem. The settings screw up that part of the OS. When I ran into the issue, I did a security wipe and restored App Data and Media ONLY (not the settings). I have a few paid apps that were OK after the partial restore. Phone is now running like a champ!
    11-16-13 02:53 PM
    Any idea for the camera issue?

Posted via CB10
    How far do you come? Does the app start?
    I read somewhere in that you just need to switch to video mode and back.

For those with the "Accounts Loading" issue, I found that restoring everything from Link is the problem. The settings screw up that part of the OS. When I ran into the issue, I did a security wipe and restored App Data and Media ONLY (not the settings). I have a few paid apps that were OK after the partial restore. Phone is now running like a champ!
    I did only restore apps and media and also got the problem. It has to be something else.
    11-16-13 02:55 PM
    you are swiping from the button in the middle then dragging over to the green right? swipe from button to green to answer.
    OK--thanks--once it's finished wiping I'll try that and let you know. Makes sense. I think I was so frustrated with the whole thing I just wasn't thinking.

Meanwhile, it looks as though there is no data restore to be done on this leak, even app data, just start from scratch. All my contacts and SMS messages have been backed up, and I have all my pictures on the SD card.
    11-16-13 02:56 PM
    hi bro long time not see you around

this build been amazing for me how bout you?

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055
    Hey usman! Been offline for a bit...new project, 60-hr weeks, no time for much else. Haven't installed yet...

Actually I noticed both Kris + Thurask saying 1791 or 1803 better....u have any idea why? Been staying away fr 10.2.1.xxx series b/c my BlackBerry is my work device too.

Dunno....may try some time, since I've downloaded the autoloader.

How u doin'? OK?

EDIT: fixed mortifyingly misspelt name

SQN100-2 | 10.2.0.1791/1083
    Last edited by TSY#CB; 11-16-13 at 03:32 PM.
    11-16-13 02:59 PM
    Well, i had started from scratch, no restore, set up a couple of accounts successfully, and everything was working. Then I restored /only/ my app data, not previous settings data or even the media data, and the accounts loading problem reappeared.
    11-16-13 03:00 PM
    OK--thanks--once it's finished wiping I'll try that and let you know. Makes sense. I think I was so frustrated with the whole thing I just wasn't thinking.

Meanwhile, it looks as though there is no data restore to be done on this leak, even app data, just start from scratch. All my contacts and SMS messages have been backed up, and I have all my pictures on the SD card.
    I always do a backup just to be safe with link. I've done a media restore (pictures, audio, videos) with every leak, doesn't hurt anything, and I backup SMS with the SMS backup app from blackberry world.

Typical process after installation. Setup accounts, go down the settings list item by item and get it where I want it. Re-download apps from blackberry world, restore SMS, restore media (if it isn't on your SD card) obviously some apps like games have progress backed up. I don't think restoring app data will hurt, but obviously you've experienced some issues with that.
    KenV54 likes this.
    11-16-13 03:02 PM
    I did the UPDATE. Everything came out GREAT! However, I'm having one minor Problem. The contacts from my SIM are not showing up.
    11-16-13 03:10 PM
    I always do a backup just to be safe with link. I've done a media restore (pictures, audio, videos) with every leak, doesn't hurt anything, and I backup SMS with the SMS backup app from blackberry world.

Typical process after installation. Setup accounts, go down the settings list item by item and get it where I want it. Re-download apps from blackberry world, restore SMS, restore media (if it isn't on your SD card) obviously some apps like games have progress backed up. I don't think restoring app data will hurt, but obviously you've experienced some issues with that.
    Well, your swipe to answer a call instructions worked. Just not thinking today.

I hope and suspect you're right about only restoring the media. I'm going to do that at some point after I get it all working and have at least backed up the new setup in Link. Other people here have apparently had trouble restoring just the app data.
    11-16-13 03:10 PM
    I did the UPDATE. Everything came out GREAT! However, I'm having one minor Problem. The contacts from my SIM are not showing up.
    Open contacts, goto settings. See if SIM is ativated, if not activate it. If so, try to import the SIM contacts.
    11-16-13 03:13 PM

Good advice. I always keep all my passwords in password keeper. First step after I get the leak installed is put back password keeper (reinstall from BlackBerry World). Then I can restore just settings from Link, and then paste in passwords to all my various on device accounts to get all that straight. Get my emails flowing, etc.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    11-16-13 03:17 PM
    After messing around with android mono market an 1mobile market by phone freezer and restarted. Had to put in pasword on my 3 exchange account and had to Re download all. All mail were gone.

Had this twice.

What would be the cause?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 03:19 PM
2,685 ... 6364656667 ...