I've been really tempted to load this up. And I know others are wanting to pull the trigger also. What are the pros and cons? Anybody that had this loaded and reverted back to an older OS?

I know the obvious "pro" being able to load apk's directly.

Let's discuss.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 10:56 AM
    I have a problem, immediately preview my no longer supports this is the einzigeste where I've noticed everything else is very good and I can recommend it bb should stop working on the battery because with 3G it is with me with constant use in 3 - 4 hours d'empty that's the only shortcoming
    12-03-13 11:37 AM
    This is my first leak, and I couldn't be happier. Took Mecca's advice as to how to load...don't restore anything. I have no bugs that I can find.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 11:42 AM

Let's discuss.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I agree, this 1055 needs some discussion.
    moyah8 likes this.
    12-03-13 12:24 PM
    I've been nothing but hapy with this build on my Q10 - it's got the direct installing of .apk files, the physical keyboard speed dials, runs EVERY android app I've tried on it...in short, works great for me. Bear in mind that I don't restore after installation - I do a security wipe and add my accounts, sideloaded apps and settings manually each time. Half an hour of my time is well worth it to not have concerns over errors caused by restoring apps.
    rayporsche and theegoldenone like this.
    12-03-13 12:34 PM
    I've been nothing but hapy with this build on my Q10 - it's got the direct installing of .apk files, the physical keyboard speed dials, runs EVERY android app I've tried on it...in short, works great for me. Bear in mind that I don't restore after installation - I do a security wipe and add my accounts, sideloaded apps and settings manually each time. Half an hour of my time is well worth it to not have concerns over errors caused by restoring apps.
    Thank you for that input!

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:41 PM
    I too am fortunate to have a 100% error free Q10..

Yup.. you read that right.. my build / experience thus far is of a complete OS. I had more issues with the official 10.2 release than I have with my 1055..

As said, I have not a SINGLE bug to report... 100% bug free.

How I come to achieve this you ask:

1: installed via autoloader

2: did not sign into BBID and just went straight for device wipe after autoloader had finished

3: did not restore anything from a backup. Rebuilt and downloaded everything from new.

4: I have four emails and a twitter account on my Q10... I added one account then waited a day to add the next one (thus giving the phone time to re-index / download each account individually). Also, accounts where added at night when I was going to bed, and I left phone on charger and did not interfere with it.

5: I do not do apps (so, no spybook, candycrush or instagram) on my device.

Results..... a 100% bug free Q10SQN100-3 running 10.2.1.1055 with a full 18 - 24 hours in-between charge. I have done the same on my Q5 and I am also achieving this perfect operating system.
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-03-13 01:21 PM
    I think 1055 has been less buggy then any other BlackBerry OS I have ever used. From my ISP or not. I installed the LEAK then a security wipe. Then set up the phone configurations and all apps (BlackBerry & Android) one at a time. No Link reloads. I know it's a hassle to do it that way but from my experience with HYBRIDS, LEAKS & ISP versions over the years has always resulted in a fine install with little or no issues. Goes back to a smart old saying nothing is worth having unless you work for it..

Akawarrior..

Posted by z10 STL100-3 on 10.2.1.1055
    12-03-13 01:52 PM

Results..... a 100% bug free Q10SQN100-3 running 10.2.1.1055 with a full 18 - 24 hours in-between charge. I have done the same on my Q5 and I am also achieving this perfect operating system.
    I'm on the same boat, my q10 rock, not a single issue, battery life last up to 3 days! yes you heard it right, 3 full day without charge! and not just standby usage, but lots of browsing and my IMO (android apps) 24/7 on 6 different chat client. My phone is rock solid, I don't think I ever had a blackberry where I didn't have to battery pull at least once a week (usually once a day). I just don't remember the last time I had to remove my q10 battery. My device wasn't as good with other os, but this 1055 is like "La creme de la creme" can't wait to see what's next
    moyah8 likes this.
    12-03-13 02:02 PM
    This is the best OS I have run on my z10. Bug free but I did not restore. 5 accounts including a business one with 50 folders synced forever so it got hot for the first hours after upgrade! When BB releases this they need to put Droid Store, Snap, etc. in BB World so they can be loaded without side loading providing access to BB world and all droid apps from the handheld is powerful. I know that may mean less BB native apps but on 1055 the android apps run very well and it eliminates the app gap complaints right now.
    12-03-13 02:13 PM
    Cudnt get the wifi working at all, so downgraded to 424. I'm on a stl100-1

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 02:18 PM
    Im actually wondering on the same exact thing, I used to have leaked OS in my phone and when they officially released 10.2, I directly switched to that version, and surprisingly I dont see any difference between the leak and the official. Right now I'm on a fence on whether I should get this one or not but after reading this thread, I might actually will
    12-03-13 02:20 PM
    Quick Settings, standby battery life, no more texting bug (if you had it to begin with), .apk loading, general snappiness, Picture Password.

DLNA not working, some account issues.

Overall I'd say it was totally worth it. Best leak to date.
    12-03-13 02:41 PM