Hello Crackberry Nation,
    after installing the 10.2.1 leak on Nov 12, I used my q10 for almost 3 weeks without any issues other than the ones that were previously reported. Then yesterday, out of nowhere, my phone begins giving me notifications that my Device storage is extremely low, then to slow down, bbm and whatsapp begin to crash and the device becomes almost completely unuseable. I panick, move everything on the device storage to the SD card, and yet nothing. In my Device Monitor there is 15.5GB of "Other Data" used up. Rebooting the phone fixes this for approximately 30mins.
    So I decide to wipe and reinstall the OS. After reinstalling all my apps and settings, the problem was back, of course. I then switched over to a z30 I had lying around (we have a lot of toys at work) and used it for half the day with only whatsapp restored with my previous backup file (from the SD). As of a few minutes ago, the brand new z30 is now out of Device Storage.
    I think the culprit is Whatsapp and the 180mb database backup file, but that seems unlikely as it has barely grown in the past month. Never the less, I can't afford to downgrade as I need the Japanese input and our contacts inside Blackberry haven't given me any good pointers so far...
    For now I'm starting with a fresh q10 again, and I'm not going to install Whatsapp yet.

Any other ideas?
    12-03-13 06:07 PM
    Hello Crackberry Nation,
    after installing the 10.2.1 leak on Nov 12, I used my q10 for almost 3 weeks without any issues other than the ones that were previously reported. Then yesterday, out of nowhere, my phone begins giving me notifications that my Device storage is extremely low, then to slow down, bbm and whatsapp begin to crash and the device becomes almost completely unuseable. I panick, move everything on the device storage to the SD card, and yet nothing. In my Device Monitor there is 15.5GB of "Other Data" used up. Rebooting the phone fixes this for approximately 30mins.
    So I decide to wipe and reinstall the OS. After reinstalling all my apps and settings, the problem was back, of course. I then switched over to a z30 I had lying around (we have a lot of toys at work) and used it for half the day with only whatsapp restored with my previous backup file (from the SD). As of a few minutes ago, the brand new z30 is now out of Device Storage.
    I think the culprit is Whatsapp and the 180mb database backup file, but that seems unlikely as it has barely grown in the past month. Never the less, I can't afford to downgrade as I need the Japanese input and our contacts inside Blackberry haven't given me any good pointers so far...
    For now I'm starting with a fresh q10 again, and I'm not going to install Whatsapp yet.

Any other ideas?
    That's curious...when you have it connected to a PC, download and run treesizefree on the PC and run it on the device drive. See what is chewing up that space.
    12-03-13 06:11 PM
    That's curious...when you have it connected to a PC, download and run treesizefree on the PC and run it on the device drive. See what is chewing up that space.
    thanks, Ill try that on both phones. Another thing that I forgot to mention was that the phones are no longer able to maintain a connection to Blackberry Link after this begins. Meaning I couldn't backup before my wipe.
    12-03-13 06:41 PM
    thanks, Ill try that on both phones. Another thing that I forgot to mention was that the phones are no longer able to maintain a connection to Blackberry Link after this begins. Meaning I couldn't backup before my wipe.
    That sucks...

Let me know how it goes with checking the folder sizes...hopefully it isn't in the system files. That would need some more tools to access the folders in these.
    12-03-13 07:25 PM
    Other data I believe has been discussed before as being from android apps do you have any installed

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:38 PM
    That sucks...

Let me know how it goes with checking the folder sizes...hopefully it isn't in the system files. That would need some more tools to access the folders in these.
    I'm installing this right now to check, however I don't know if it will work for the bb, since it is a network drive with only access to the media folder. Any other ideas how to access the file system?
    12-03-13 09:35 PM
    Other data I believe has been discussed before as being from android apps do you have any installed

Posted via CB10
    Not anymore. I completely wiped the Q10 and it is back to 97% full... I think that something is caught in a memory loop or downloading non-stop to my device, but I can't figure it out.
    12-03-13 09:36 PM
    *UPDATE*
    it turned out this had nothing to do with the OS whatsover. It was affection both 10.2.1 and 10.2 identically. The issue was that more than one exchange accounts were syncing in a loop and downloading or building a database that spirals out of control. I have no fix yet, except to remove all my email accounts and add them one at a time or only one period. If this can't be resolved I may have to finally switch... me, one of the last fanboys among everyone i know
    12-04-13 06:39 PM
    I am having this exact same issue since the 10.2.1 leak (although it appears it's not the OS that's the issue) and I've all but given up. I've stopped trying to fix it and just delete the 3 or 4 notifications I get per day that remind me that my device is full of "Other Data"
    I don't usually give up so easily but this one has me stumped.

CB10 on my Z10
    12-05-13 11:51 AM
    This has happened to my new 32 gb card. I had 13 gb of other data.

This started for me after I downloaded about 10 $0.99 movies... not sure if was a cache or temp directory that didn't get flushed after the movie was completely downloaded.

I moved all movies to my network drive and formated my media card and have been checking regularly on the size of the Other data folder.

I have the latest leak as well

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 03:41 PM
    This happened to me on Q10 with.1055 beta also after I bought 8 or 9 of the 99 cent movies. I had 8 of my own on a 32gb media card. I wound up deleting all of my movies and then one by one cut and pasted to computer all that was left on media card. Still had 16gb of "other.".
    Only solution was to use handheld utility to format card. Put my movies and other media back on and redownloaded the purchased movies. For me I believe that even though I deleted my own movies, the system disnt reallocate the space.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 03:51 PM
    This happened to me on Q10 with.1055 beta also after I bought 8 or 9 of the 99 cent movies. I had 8 of my own on a 32gb media card. I wound up deleting all of my movies and then one by one cut and pasted to computer all that was left on media card. Still had 16gb of "other.".
    Only solution was to use handheld utility to format card. Put my movies and other media back on and redownloaded the purchased movies. For me I believe that even though I deleted my own movies, the system disnt reallocate the space.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting issue, but I found that as long as i don't have 2 Exchange Email accounts at the same time there is no problem. It seems that all of these issues are related to a sync problem with either the BB servers or Mail servers.

I'm still trying to escalate this internally with Blackberry's Development team
    12-05-13 07:43 PM
    Interesting issue, but I found that as long as i don't have 2 Exchange Email accounts at the same time there is no problem. It seems that all of these issues are related to a sync problem with either the BB servers or Mail servers.

I'm still trying to escalate this internally with Blackberry's Development team
    Very odd... I have 2 exchange accounts with no issues. Gotta be something with a Mail Server.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction on my Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055.628508 via CB10
    12-05-13 07:53 PM
    Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same issues and only have one e-mail account on my phone. I don't have Android side loaded apps and I have minimal media. The only thing I think it may be is that I am streaming music... but it shouldn't cache that much at a time.

Here is my device monitoring info:
    System: 12.26 GB
    Apps: 648 MB
    User Files: 28 MB
    Free: 269 MB
    04-29-14 02:25 PM