Found an odd bug on my Z10 (Verizon-4 model) that I can't seem to get around. I had a simple lock code in the device (1234) because I had been using wifi file transfer over my work network today. Somehow I also ended up with an accessibility screen reader feature enabled (don't even know how that came about).
    Now, when the device password screen comes up the Z10 is talking to me saying "screen reader virtual keyboard active" but when I press the number keys, they aren't registering.
    I've tried a hard reset, tried a battery pull, now I'm trying to unlock by hooking up to Link on the PC but nothing seems to be working.
    I'm open to ideas, or if anyone has seen a bug like this ... or I may just try to reload the OS again. I just did it this morning so I won't "undo" much by rolling back ...
    07-30-13 09:56 PM
    Press the power button 3 times.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 09:56 PM
    Press the power button 3 times.

Posted via CB10
    What he said...

Screen reader gets enabled when you press the power button 3 times in a row. You disable it the same way
    willm likes this.
    07-30-13 10:03 PM
    This is why I love this frickin' community! I searched here, and on Blackberries Site to no avail. One new thread and a couple minutes later presto, a couple cracks junkies got your back!
    Seriously though, this also illustrates why BlackBerry needs better support and instructions. Without these forums, I wouldn't know half of what any BB I've owned was capable of.
    1magine likes this.
    07-30-13 11:16 PM
    This is why I love this frickin' community! I searched here, and on Blackberries Site to no avail. One new thread and a couple minutes later presto, a couple cracks junkies got your back!
    Seriously though, this also illustrates why BlackBerry needs better support and instructions. Without these forums, I wouldn't know half of what any BB I've owned was capable of.
    You are absolutely right.. I agree with you..
    07-31-13 01:57 AM
    I have been following this community over 5 years, I must say this is one of the most helpful suggestions I have seen.
    I came across this bug while travelling to work and its very frustrating.
    I was in the process of re-installing the OS.
    Crack Addicts, I mus say u all rock.
    07-31-13 08:09 AM
    I just had the same experience this afternoon. And I ain't a nice experience at all. Can't do anything with buggy screen reader. Can't scroll, typing also have to use a special skill wkwkwkkwkwkwk......

and finally fixed it by pressing power button 3 times in a row.
    07-31-13 09:01 AM
    @mcky - 5 years 52 posts! A man of few on-line words. I thought my post count was low for my time here...
    07-31-13 11:36 AM